You Can't Pick Family

It seemed to be blowing up in his face, again. There was never an end to the kind of trouble cooked up by the many siblings that Zander had to take care of. It was difficult for him, he was not practiced, there was too much for him, he could barely contain any of them. It was a never ending cycle, that just went round and round. He was glad when Mara appeared at the door. A little more support for him. It was what the eldest needed. Someone to be there, and while not much control was what they had, it still seemed to be a lot more than what Zander could currently muster. It was days like this, where Kailey started about the day their parents had died, that made Zander wonder why he kept going. Zander inside wanted to just yell at Kailey, tell her, that he would've rather been with them, and stayed with them. He wanted to yell at her, for making his life completely different. She might the illness, but he had to deal with it. He would be the only Valentine to not graduate properly. He was the only one without the possibitly of some form of relationship, but his time was either at work or with them. But no one had asked Zander if he was okay. No one ever took an interest if Zander was sick, because he didn't get to stop. Two very young children to care for at 16, with a little aid, and then alone just around two years later. It wasn't like he'd had the time to spare for him. There just weren't enough hours in the week for Zander, to have any time where his mind wasn't completely focused on something or another. He just nodded to Ciel as he asked to leave. "Yeah, go get ready. We still have to go out." Zander addressed him, hoping that he would for once listen. Generally when the situation got like this Zander found most of the others listened to him more than they did usually. He thought it was probably because they didn't want to be caught in the middle of it, but were. He wasn't even sure what the middle actually was. Just because Zander didn't want to fight with Kailey, didn't mean she didn't want a fight with him.

When Kailey fell to the floor all his other instincts flew out the window. He knelt down beside her, and held her down. Making sure that she wasn't moving too violently. He made sure she wasn't choking, and when it was finally over he just sat down on the floor and waited. He glanced up at Mara, "Will you help Tyler and Jamie? Or do you want to stay with Kailey and Justin?" Zander said, before moving his eyes to his sister. "Kailey, are you okay?"

Jamie got Tyler settled into his room and pulled out an outfit that seemed decent enough. She was disgusted at the thought of having to get his underwear out for him but did so anyways to complete his outfit for the day. "Put these on, I don't think you'll have time for a bath this morning," she told him rubbing the top of his hea before heading out the door and pulling it close to give him privacy. Curious about what was going on downstairs she crept back down them and sat on the stairs her head in her hands listening to what they were saying. Ciel didn't want to stay and Zander let him go off and she was afraid he'd spot her on the stairs so she pushed herself next do the wall. Zander asked Mara to come up and help them, he didn't think she was old enough to do some things on her own which was disappointing to say the least.

It appeared to her that she'd turned up a little too late. it wasn't like she wasn't trying, but more that it was fairly difficult for her to have moved any faster. She didn't like rushing things first thing in the morning. She really hated having to move quicker at the speed of light, just to help her two brothers who couldn't control all the siblings. Mara knew she couldn't do much better. But she tried to understand from kailey's point of view more than the boys. It wasn't really her fault. It was no one fault, but being the eldest female and the only one who could see it from both sides. Mara knew it was more her duty to be their for Kailey when the others had seemingly gone against her, though that was not the impression they had actually wished to cast. It was more how she felt towards Kailey and Justin for that matter, because it was never one without the other. It was just the way everything was. And While Mara was also close to the youngest siblings, being close to the only mother they'd had. But, Mara just knew that Zander wasn't very good at dealing with the antics Kailey threw. Mara couldn't understand why this was as such. As the eldest, she expected him to be able to cope with her. Mara had never really taken to asking Zander about things. Even though he'd been like another twin to her, they'd steadily grown apart until now, where it just felt like they were two friends struggling to cope. With Mara who had a twin and Zander alone. In any case it wasn't really something she felt like she had to deal with. Zander she knew was old enough to take of himself. As she was also hold enough to care of herself. Even if Robin was her rock in most situations. She had no idea what she would do without him, but that wasn't the subject up for debate. What Mara really needed to do was get a handle on the sitaution she was currently faced with. Mara shook her head at Zander. "No, you go, I'll stay here." Mara said, sitting down next to Zander and watching Kailey.

Her piercing green eyes glanced up at justin. "Justin, are you going to tell me what went on here?" Mara asked, wanting to actually know what had happened. Not so that she could discpline just so she knew how to deal with it. How to deal with Kailey, when she came to. "Kai?" Mara asked, looking down at Kailey.​

OOCOut of Character:

Sorry for lameness

Tyler got dressed as his sister told him. When he descended the stairs, Kailey was still crying. "Kai?", he said. She was older than him, but he still wanted to calm her. He waited for her response.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry it was short, I'm a little tired at the moment.

Kailey watched as Zander, Mara and Tyler asked her how she was. "I'm fine! Just leave me alone! I wish I was born in a different family!" she shrieked before running up the stairs.

(OOC: muse gone.)

When his sister screamed that she wished she was born in a different family, Justin wondered if she had actually meant it. This had all started because of the elder kids bullying their own sister! Now Kailey was feeling mad, sad, and everything like that. Exactly why Justin hated Ciel and the others. Kailey didn't even do anything wrong! He decided to go up the stairs and maybe talk to her. But instead he just sat on the couch, staring into space, wondering.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">Vincent Robin Valentine had never been a morning person; he had always been slow in waking up, though he wasn’t as grumpy as his younger siblings. Today was no exception, being fired from his work at FrankiesBroomShop, he had to take extra effort to look for a new job, he cannot just idly stay at their house without anything to do after all. They were in need for a source of income, for as unbelievable as it may seem, him, his sister, and their older brother Zander, were the ones who were supporting the whole family of nine. Not that he was complaining, after all, it’s not like it was their younger siblings’ fault that their parents had passed away so early.

Taking in a deep breath, he needed to calm herself. He turned from his lying position on his bed to look at the clock on his desk. It was still a little early in the morning, he hadn't gotten much sleep last night, in fact, he hadn't slept since yesterday morning. Too much work to be done for sleep. He could just imagine how neglected his bed must feel from lack of use from it owner.

Getting up off of his bed, he walked over to his walk in closet. It wasn't huge or anything fancy, but it was very spacious and neatly organized. Just like everything else in his life. Robin decided on something light and casual for the summer weather. A pair of slightly faded black skinny jeans with a white button down t-shirt. He left the shirt open and decided to wear a purple wifebeater tucked into his jeans with a black belt. He grabbed a pair of white sneakers with purple laces and purple trimming. He looked himself over in the long full length mirror on one of the walls in his room. He look decent enough, maybe today, he’ll get lucky and find a new job.

Getting out of his room, he had had heard the noise coming from downstairs, wondering what the commotion was about, he quickened his pace, only to pass Kailey on the stairs. Thinking that there was something wrong, he continued o his way, determined to ask his siblings about what it was that he had missed. “Good Morning.” He greeted them all, feeling the rather awkward atmosphere in the room. “What happened? Is something wrong?”
<i>
</i>

Jamie sat on the stairs, letting Tyler pass when he came back down, all dressed like the big boy she knew he was but the others didn't really seem to see in him. Soon she was going to have him start getting his own breakfast, nothing had ever been handed to her after she turned five and now here he was seven and everything was set out for him. It was like he was Kailey and had mental problems. Not long after Tyler went passed her Robin went by and she followed him into the kitchen area. She hadn't recieved her usual greeting from the second eldest brother of hers and she sought him out in the room of her tall siblings for a hug. Robin always managed to give the best hugs. Zander was always on the go and could only hold her for a moment or two and Mara was always doing some household chore like cooking or washing the clothes. Robin had time for her, he always did. But she wouldn't say he was her favorite, Jamison never choosed a favorite, it'd be wrong. But Ciel was always enjoyable when Kailey and Justin weren't around. Kyle spent alot of time off in his room sleeping. Tyler was growing boring for her but she knew she had to stay by his side, no one else would.

Wrapping her eyes around Robin she looked up at him her eyes still bright and shining from her recent explosion of tears. "Kailey yelled at Ciel, and then she Yelled at me! Now she's yelling at everybody," she told him her lower lip already begining to tremble. She wasn't used to be yelled at, as the way Kailey yelled at her. Once or twice a year, but only for a second before the sibling realized how young she was. Kailey, just opened up and screamed at her constantly for mintues it seemed, all because she had been tired and wanted to rest and be held by her eldest brother. Jamie always looked towards Zander and Robin for protection from Justin and Kailey, not that Justin was ever into yelling at her like Kailey, but he was always there backing up Kailey when she needed it. Their twin connection scared Jamie, and she constantly had the thought they could communicate through their minds on when they should attack next. Jamie glanced around for Zander her arms still holding Robin, she wanted both but they always divided their attention she never got much from either when everyone was home. Just eye contact was enough for her for now, she needed her big brothers to save her from being yelled at which she knew Kailey would rip at her for telling Robin what went on. Though she had already run up the stairs Jamie wouldn't doubt her return shortly just to verbally abuse her again.

Robin's expression softened when he saw Jamie, he had always that soft spot for her, not that he had a favorite among his siblings, but, Jamie had always been sweet in his opinion, and he was rather close to her because of that. Lifting her up just so he was carrying her, he walked towards the others, raising an eyebrow to Zander and to Mara. "Is Jamie right? What happened to Kailey again?" He asked, he was too slow it seemed that he had missed the drama. It had always been like that it seemed, something would cause Kailey to loose her temper and she would began to recall everything that had happened to their parents, and at the end of it, she'll just yell around and just walk away then. It was pretty tiring if he may say so, but he couldn't just complain, can he? They were the older ones, and they were the one who was supposed to know how to control their younger siblings, they were the ones who were supposed to take care of them.

Scanning the room, he spotted Justin. Weird. Robin had always seen Justin and Kailey together, they had never been out of each other's sight, yet here he was, sitting there though Kailey had just run off upstairs. "Now, now, I'm really weirded out... Can someone explain what's wrong?...I want the complete details, alright?' He was getting rather worried now, he couldn't leave the house like this. He couldn't just leave and look for a job when he knew that something wrong was going on with his family. Really, he needed to know what it was that had just happened.

It all moved quickly in the Valentine household. Oakley yelled at them all and then ran upstairs. Leaving Zander and Mara in the kitchen. Zander sat on the floor and then finally got up when none other than Robin appeared. A little too late. Not that the presences of another adult would've changed things greatly. More that it would've been useful to have the support before Kailey had flown off the handle. It wasn't like she'd been like that before. It wasn't like three of them was not useful. Despite being the head of the family, it took the three eldest to generally get a hold of things. Zander was just 23 and things had gotten steadily worse over time. With each growing with only make shift parents it was obviously going to mean that there were problems. Cracks. It would take time to solve such things. Zander clung to the hope that like Mara and Robin eventually they'd just grow out of it. The illnesses that Kailey had would not go away but she would learn to better control them. The outbursts were not something any member of the family needed. Especially when it was about their parents. About the death that Zander had to push from his mind. It was no use thinking about it. They were gone and Zander had to be the one to pick up the pieces of the family they'd left behind. But being at the top their was no one for him. Zander slowly got to his feet as the youngest girl of the family ran in. Zander was glad she had a good bond with Robin. It was good to see the family treating the younger ones better. It was a good thing. They needed that. It was what Zander wanted to happen. It wasn't like he would be able to deal with cold feelings between all the members of the family. It was enough the few ones they had, mainly since it appeared to be dominating everything else. Especially when it was the holiday. Zander smiled at Jamie and the looked to Robin. He'd have to be the one to complain. "The usual." Zander muttered. "Kailey was being annoyed by Ciel. The usual taunts. Jamie asked to sit in my arms, and Kailey flipped. She talked about mum and dad. Yelled about how none of us knew how it felted. Then she had an actual fit, then ran off." Despite it being early the fatigue was clear in the eldest's voice. He looked round at the after math of what had happened. While also pushing the images of his parents from his brain. "I'm taking Jamie, Tyler and Ciel with his twin to Diagon Alley. Mara will stay with Justin and Kailey. And that's the morning so far." Zander nodded looking round at the others hoping he'd gotten all the details right. And looking at each of them to fill in the details where he'd gotten it wrong or missed something out.​

Kailey was sitting on the stairs, listening in on the conversation, and when Zander had mentioned her 'flipping' she lost it. "You always take their side! You never listen! I HATE YOU!" she screamed at Zander. "I HATE YOU ALL! YOU NEVER PAY ATTENTION TO ME! I WISH THAT I DIED INSTEAD OF MUM AND DAD SO YOU GUYS WOULDN'T HATE ME! I HATE ALL OF YOU AND I HATE HOW TYLER OR JAMIE JIST ASK FOR SOMETHING AND THEY GET IT! ITS NOT FAIR! YOU GUYS STILL HAVEN'T NOTICED THAT I WENT TO THE HOSPITAL YESTERDAY AND I GOT THE RESULTS TODAY! I MIGHT STILL DIE!" she shrieked, tears pouring out if her eyes.

Hey People!

Just a quick note to describe what the Valentinw Home looks like
Black-And-White-Spiral-Staircase-Designs-For-Living-Room-Decor.jpg
kitchen%20white.jpg
Dining-Room-Furniture.jpg
bedroom-design1.jpg

Just add any pics in your posts.

[/color]

"KAILEY!", Justin yelled at his sister. "For one thing, you are NOT going to die! And two, nobody in this household hates you!" Kailey had definitely gone too far this time. Now she was just making things up. Justin would never hate his sister, she was the best thing in the world to him. Maybe Kailey didn't seem to understand that.

Kailey looked at Justin with menacing eyes, glinting red, until she realized what she had said. Her eyes softened, and her bottom lip trembling. She took a deep breath. " Your meant to be my brother! Your meant to be my twin!"

"I am your brother, Kailey. Have you forgotten?", Justin said to Kailey. "You are my sister, my twin, my favorite thing in life. Please don't act like this." He was just trying to calm his sister down, but the poor girl was very depressed about their parents. Justin felt this way sometimes too, but he never yelled as Kailey did.

OOCOut of Character:
SO SORRY! I got caught up in vacation, I forgot to make Kyle. So just pretend he just slept through all this! Thanks for being patient.

Kyle woke up from his long slumber because of screaming. He normally wouldn't mind. (As he could never wake himself up.) But this screaming - This Loud, Annoying, Obnoxious screaming, he couldn't deal with. - This was Kailey's screaming. "Such a crybaby. Why must she be such an idiot?" he grumbled. He got up drowsily and rubbed hie eyes before, walking out, and towards the steps. "Hey Kailey! Just a guess here but, I'm thinking you didn't like your, Snow Slumber? So ungrateful! It took atleast 30 Seconds to come up with that title for it." He smirked. He swiftly walked past her, and sat on the couch. He picked up Tyler too and sat him next to him. He seemed to have a soft spot for Tyler and Jamie - he just loved them so much. But he just sat there, patiently waiting for Kailey's response, smirking, the whole time.

Kyle got up. Time to die, Justin thought. His mind fought against itself, one side said that he was being too violent and the other said to burst and get Kyle back for what he had done. "Kyle, you jerk! Why are you always so mean to her?! She never did anything wrong! What is it, do you think you're going to be popular for throwing your sister out in the snow?" He went over and pushed his older brother to the side.

Kyle laughed. "Now, Now, Justin settle down. I'm are not even mean to her, I just mess with her in an agressive way! Thats all it is." He smirked. But he got angry quickly when Justin pushed him, almost making him fall on Tyler. "Dude! Tyler is right there you idiot!" He screamed at Justin. He pushed Justin into the wall, and he fell. He then ran up to Kailey and stood really close to her, and looked her in the eye. "How was your night in the cold? I can't believe you didn't come in. Me and Ciel made Hot Chocolate and Coffee, you would have loved it! but I guess the snow is too great to leave." Kyle laughed. She knew Kailey was afraid of Him and Ciel, he loved bullying her. He kept standing real close to her.

Of course, Ciel would have gone up anyways without zander telling him to. He's just not the type to actually listen to serious talk along with their older siblings. Really, that was just not him. But then again, just as he was about to leave and all, Robin had had to come down and ask about what had happened again the way that Mara did. He had always been too slow it seemed, but nevertheless, Ciel gave no care about that. He decided to not be mean to him for some time seeing that he had just lost his job. Instead of standing up by then and going up to his room, he just headed to the kitchen and got himself something to drink. He's sensing some more drama, after all, Kailey was just like that.

A smirk had made its way to his face as he heard Kailey smirk, of course, she was being her overly dramatic self once again, and right now, he had all the reasons to get annoyed at her. Walking back to the group once again, his smirk was replaced by a small smile as he saw his own twin brother down as well. Finally, he was awake. "Yo! Took you long enough.." He said, his smile returning to a smirk once more. He scanned the room and saw Justin by the wall and Kyle standing in front of Kylie. "Early morning routine eh?"

Kyle looked over to Ciel and smirked. "Yeah! Some people can't wake up a twin!" He laughed. He always joked with Ciel. "You know the drill!" He smiled. After a bit, his attention went back to Kailey. "So I heard you talking, about how you were there when Mum and Dad, died. Okay so listen up. Don't you dare ever speak of them. Ever! You have no right! At All! You think your so great. "I saw Mum and Dad die. I know their last words!" Why are you proud of that? Seriously. My...Our siblings were trying to help you! Not that I apporve of this but, still! I feel you are an ungrateful, idiotic, b!tch!" He breathed. Her screaming about that was what woke him up. He hoped that she would stop but she didn't. Kyle felt that it was her fault that they died. But he never said it to his siblings. He walked to the couch and, leaned on the back of it, facing Kailey. Staring her in the eye.

Ciel looked at Kyle, the same smirk gracing his features just like his twin do. OF course, as Zander had told him before, he could have told Kyle to wake up. But then again, he's not the type to do such thing. After all, he himself was not a morning person too, he had just happened to wake up because of this d@rn alarm clock that someone had placed in his room. "You're slow.." He said, it was just a joke though, and he was quite sure that Kyle wouldn't mind that at all. "I'm being REALLY bored here you know...good to see that you're already wide awake." He added with a yawn as he turned to look at Kailey now. Earlier, he had been rather nice and not that short tempered with her, but that was because he was alone and he was getting bored by her constant yelling and her being hysterical, but since Kyle was there already, he figured that he could have more fun by then. "She wanted to make herself feel that she is important in this family, quite stupid if I may say so." He then settled himself next to Kyle, doing the same thing that he was doing at the moment. His eyes were fixed at Hailey as well, boring into her and as intimidating as he usually was. Their older siblings might interfere with them sooner or later, but then, he would enjoy this small time of bullying Kailey for as long as it lasts.

Jamie watched her siblings, Kyle just woke up and Ciel and him took up bullying Kailey like usually. She was still in Robin's arm which made her feel protected but she had to bury her head into his shoulder from all the screaming. Not sure on how Tyler was taking everything she felt bad for her younger brother but didn't dare open her mouth again and speak. Last time she did it set Kailey off once more which wouldn't help the situation now. "Robin?" She whisphered into his chest not wanting to lift her head up and be exposed. Jamie didn't really have anything she wanted to say to him but she was just asking for his attention now, Mara and Zander could deal with the twins, Robin could take her and Tyler upstairs to play.

Everything was that simple in her mind. There was always one of the older siblings to care for her and Tyler, and though she did feel a weight on her sometimes, she carried on with her day. Jamison couldn't choose a favorite sibling, the three eldest were always there for her, when they weren't working, which meant one of the was still always there. Ciel and Kyle always managed to give her attention when she wanted to show them something, Ciel being the more calm of the two he seemed always open to see her latest art project from school. Kyle was different, she wasn't sure which was older but Kyle acted the part either way, he took charge of what they were going to do but she still enjoyed spending time with him.

"Are you sure? Cause I'm pretty sure that is not true. I am not slow. If we lived in a world where everything was opposite." Kyle Laughed. Kyle smiled at his next statement. "No problem. I'm glad We can talk to Kailey now." Kyle smirked. He yawned a bit and looked back at Kailey. Trembling and Crying. It infuriated him. She is such an idiot at times all the time. It made him so mad. Why doesn't she learn that life can't always be a a walk in the park? Everybody has challenges. He thought. Kyle hoped he could forget about it later. Hwe would most likely bring Tyler and Jamie for Ice Cream, and then g to the Toy Shop with them. "Agreed. It doesn't make you special to know their last words." He spat. Kyle could be very calm. But whenever he was bullying Kailey, it mad him either, happy or really mad. Right now it was mad. Definitely mad.

There was never really a morning where everything was calm. Zander really was finding it a wonder that Kyle was still not up yet. The boy really could sleep through anything. Zander was really wondering how on earth he was going to be able to managed the family. How he was going to get control of the situation. He wasn't going to force any of them to do anything. This was just chaos and the eldest had never really been very good at chaos. He didn't really know what to do. Maybe suggesting a change in schools, for one of the twins, or just something. Telling them to just go get dressed or something like that. All in all, this entire situation was making the eldest lose faith in everything. It was an utter messy. Sure, the family could be fairly well behaved if they wanted to be. If they wanted to be, and even at that, it was rare. He wondered how they were going to cope in the following year consider Kyle and Ciel would have left school by then. It was difficult to know. He didn't think it would in any way be very great. But, he could hardly be the judge of something like that. The two boys had minds of their own, and would persue what ever they wanted. Zander would support them. But, he knew it would be good in the sense that finally they'd be in a different school from Kailey. As his mind thought, Kailey marched back into the room, and started yelling. Zander wasn't going to bother talking back to her. He wasn't going to bother with anything that she pulled.Then before he could say anything, Justin started speaking. Somewhat surprised. Zander's mind was moving quickly. he took a step towards Mara. "This is either going to get worse or better. You need to take the younger ones upstairs." He whispered to her, while also keeping his eyes on the family around him. This would have to be dealt with swiftly. So instead he thought that removing the youngest from the room, that would be the first method. But, then the last voice called. Kyle was finally awake. Zander was glad he was up but this was not a good time. He just watched trying to handle the situation as the boy spoke to Kailey.

Twins sticking up for each other. That was a problem they had. It was all fine well, since they had a reason to stick up for each other, but this was silly. Him, or Robin, or Mara had to do something. So instead of just standing around Zander was thinking of how to do it. He gave a glance to Mara, who then stepped into action. Picking up Kyle from the ground next to Kyle. Zander, then glanced at Robin, who was still holding Jamie, and almost through thoughts told him to get Jamie away from this situation. The less people in it the better. "Kyle, Ciel! This is not helping" Zander raised his voice slightly. He took a step forward, he knew the two wouldn't listen to him really but they also knew that Zander was more powerful as well as older, so fighting him physically would be pointless. And their words meant little to him. He was old enough to realise they were just words. "Justin, Why don't you take Kailey upstairs?" Zander suggested although his voice showed it to be a little more than a friendly suggestion. He just hoped nothing else would happen. That for now, each person had had enough. Although Kailey had been silent for a little while so their was no real telling. It could just be the start. If it was just the start, then Zander knew he had a very long day ahead of him. That this would be one of the days that made him question why he stayed. he didn't need this. But, he would just have to wait.​

Kaileys breath tensed when Kyle came down...he always yelled or exploded at her. "What have I done to you?" she whispered, not talking directly to him. When she saw Justin attack Kyle she gasped. "Justin! Hitting him isn't going to help!" she grabbed her brothers arm and helped him up, before hugging him to protect herself. Then Kyle pushed her up against the wall, separating her from her other half.

When Kyle sat down but kept his eye on Kailey, she shuddered...when Zander said to Ciel and Kyle to stop, she drew a breath. "You jack@ss." she whispered to herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back