You Can't Pick Family

Kailey Valentine

OOC First Name
Domino
Kailey sat on the couch, watching her siblings. They interested the young author and artist. She yawned a bit. It was 8pm and she was tired. "Stupid." she whispered to herself. Her brother Justin was 20 minutes older then her and he was upstairs getting dressed...

Tyler flew his airplane toy around the house, running. His sister was sitting on the couch, watching him. She looked a little bored. He got bored, he wanted to know how to make paper airplanes. His daddy never taught him, Tyler hadn't had the chance to ask yet since daddy was at work. One of Tyler's friends in the first grade had made a paper airplane at recess. They looked fun. "Do you know how to make a paper airplane?", he asked to his sister. Surely she would know.

Justin was in his room, getting dressed. It was only 8:00, all his family was already up and ready for the day. His room had all sorts of posters, some of his favorite movies, some of concerts in the muggle world that he had went to when he was younger and didn't know anything about magic or wizardry or anything. He had been born 20 minutes before his sister, which was awesome, he was officially older than his sister. He had a big family, consisting of mostly twins. He finished dressing, and went downstairs to the living room, where his sister was sitting on the couch. "Good morning.", he said.

Kailey smirked and showed her younger brother who to make an airplane. Then her twin came down. When he said G'd mornin', Kailey just smiled. "Mornin' Justin. How'd ya sleep?" she said, smiling at him. She remembered she had had the reoccurring nightmare, the one about all her family and her belongings and the goose going up in flames....

Justin served himself some breakfast, then sat down at the table. "Great", he replied to his sister. He always had nightmares about some evil wizard coming to his house and killing everyone on Earth. He always had dreams like that, but he never told anyone. He was getting used to this stuff happening so he just didn't talk about it. He was 16, he was too old to have an imagination.

Kailey look at Justin. "Ya sure?" she asked him, concerned for her twin. She frowned as she remembered a dream... A really frightening one. She shuddered slightly, gripping her chair. She shook it off and got herself some toast. "W-want some?" she asked.

Justin's sister asked him for toast. "Sure", he said. He kind of ignored her question about sleeping good. She had seemed a little nervous this morning. He wondered why, but he didn't ask.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry it's short, couldn't think of anything. Tired. :grim:

Kailey got her brother some toast. The truth was...Kyle had left her outside all night and it had been snowing. She had frostbites up her arms. She placed down the plate, her frostbites showing slightly.

OOCOut of Character: Tired Too
Tired Too

Justin noticed that her sister wasn't looking too good, so he decided to ask her if anything happened. "Are you alright, Kailey?", he asked. She had frostbite, how could that have happened?

Kailey:

Kailey quickly pulled down her sleeves. "Umm, well...." she stuttered. She sighed and sat down. "Kyle l-l-locked me outside last night. A-a-a-and it was snowing." she whispered to her brother, scared Kyle would tell her off if she told.

Justin listened to his sister, she had gotten very bad frostbite. "Do you have a cold?", he asked to her. She might be sick, and as Justin was always very concerned for Kailey, and didn't want her to go anywhere if she had a cold. "I'll kill Kyle if you are sick", he said.

The truth was, Kailey was sick. "I don't know...." she trailed off. "I feel cold, and my throat is sore..." she said to her brother. Kailey hated it when Kyle and Oliver bullied her. From locking her outside to slapping her. "It's fine Justin... He dies it all the time. Since we were 6...."

Sorry I was on the wrong account. Justin:

"I'll get the thermometer so I can check your temperature.", Justin said. He rushed to the bathroom, eager to check his sister's temperature. She could be very sick. Kyle will be dead by the end of the day, nobody beats up my sister, he thought to himself. He got the thermometer from the top shelf and walked fast to where she was sitting. "Put it in your mouth", he said, and gave her the thermometer.

Kailey put the thermometer in her mouth and shivered seconds later. "Justin it's fine." is what she tried to say but it came out as: Jtinitfine. She hated Kyle. "Oliver isn't any better. He locked in me in the attic when I was 8... For a whole day." she said, spilling everything out at her brother.

Tyler took some of his toys and played with them in the living room. He saw Kailey with a thermometer in her hand. "Are you sick?", he asked. She looked cold and sick. As his truck went under the couch, he stuck his hand under the couch to retrieve it.

Kailey shrugged her shoulders at the youngest Valentine. "I'll be fine. Why don't you, umm, go see how high you can count!" she pulled a weak smile at hik before facing Justin again. She tried too look at the thermometer. It was high. "Justin...I'm c-c-cold." she shivered again.

OOCOut of Character:
I'm assuming I'm meant to join this.

His alarm was ringing, that he was aware of. It was still fairly early. It was a cold winters day out. And all Zander wanted to do was lay in bed. But the alarm told him he could not. He had to do the horrid thing of getting out of bed. He had to leave the comfort and warmth and security of his bed, and face the world again. He was sure one or two of the siblings, would already be up. They were just like that. He had to get up for work. He had to get up and earn some income for the household. If Zander was completely honest, as much as he loved each of his siblings, he liked the house quiet, without so many of them running around. Causing havoc and annoying the hell out of the other. He knew that it would be a tall order asking younger children to do that, but he had. Zander could only really see how unfair it was that he had to give up on nights out with friends, and even more having many friends, because he had his family to take care off. It would be wrong to assume that the boy was not bitter. It was difficult to not be. He had, had to learn from home. It was just a good thing, that he'd been in the latter part of his education. Rather than near the start, where it would be hard to keep up with everything, while also finding others. Now, 23, Zander had pretty much skipped over the end of his teen years. He hadn't ever done the usual teen stuff, gone to the park drinking, or stay out until the first light of morning. In both winter and summer. He was one of the few people his age who had everything to deal with. And here was his dilemma everyday. Either he could crawl his way out of bed and face another day, or just stay in the comfort and hope that no one would notice him gone. But, that couldn't be. Jamie would notice, and so would Tyler. If suddenly he eldest didn't gone downstairs to greet the others, then how could he expect the others to do the same. All in all, it just meant that Tyler had to get up and head downstairs. He slid his way out of bed, and for a few moments just sat on the floor of the room he slept in. He had taken the smallest room, through the curtsey of his siblings. The eldest to be the one to sacrifice for the others. And Zander would always do that. He'd always be the last to eat, last to go to bed. The one who went out in the cold to fetch milk, or something that the others needed. He was the parent after all and he had to take care of his siblings, he owed it to his parents to take care of them since they clearly could not.

Getting a pair of jeans on, and a t-shirt, Zander took his largest jumper and headed down to where he could hear the noise. The living room. He walked into the room. Three out of eight. That was a good start. he assumed the others were either asleep or working. Zander wished that was him, but it couldn't be. Kailey was as per usual sitting with Justin, and Tyler was playing with his toys. "Good morning" Came the unconvincing happy tone of the eldest. He was never a morning person, he was however quick to notice that there was a different atmosphere in the room. Sick air genes, as Zander called them. He turned and headed to the kitchen, Someone in the house was either getting sick, or was already. He could just smack his head off a table. When in the kitchen, he looked for the potion used, but found nothing. Taking a pink post it note, he wrote down what he needed to get, and then placed it on the fridge. Zander quickly got himself a mug of steaming earl grey tea and a piece of plain toast, with nothing on it before heading back into where the three were sitting. He trusted them to behave, but he knew sitting in there would be best for everyone. As he took a seat, he noticed Kailey shivering. "Kailey, Did the twins lock you out again?" Zander sighed. He put down his mug and toast on a nearby table, and proceed to take his large, thick and now warm jumper off. He held it out for her to take. "Here take this jumper for now. Keep warm. I'll get some potion today if you'd like?" Zander leaned back out against the chair. "Would you want to come along Tyler? We'd be going to diagon Alley. You two are also welcome to come."

As his sister told him to, Tyler tried to count as high as he could. "1, 2, 3... what comes after three?", he said. Zander came downstairs and asked Tyler if he wanted to go to Diagon Alley. "YES!", he said as he jumped into the air. He never got to go places.

Kailey nodded at Zander. When he handed her the jumper, she put it on and sat on the couch, shivering. It wasn't fair....why did Kyle and Ciel bully her! What dis she do wrong?!

Kailey was thinking about this which her siblings spoke. She looked up at Jistin, scared he'll actually hurt Kyle or Ciel...

Justin saw what the thermometer said. Too high for him. "I don't think you're going anywhere today", he said. "I'll stay here also. Just so nobody bullies Kailey again" No way would he go anywhere if his sister was sick. She could get bullied again, she could need to be cared for. "Tyler you go with Zander", he said.

Kailey stood up. "Ciel and Kyle are asleep." she told him. Ciel was the least worst of the two. "I'm feeling better all ready." she lied. Kailey was a rubbish liar. She also had a few bruises on her legs, so she never wore shorts.

Ciel was never a morning person. In fact, he was always the one who would wake up late in the entire household. Yet, the sound of the alarm ringing near his ears was enough to have him bold out of bed. Who did put that alarm clock there? Definitely not him, for all he knew, he had never even bought one. With a groan, he picked up the said clock and looked at it, it was just a little past 8, he was supposed to be sleeping. Being extremely irritated by then, he threw the clock straight into the wall, making a rather loud noise as it laid broken on the floor.

Slipping out of his night wear, he proceeded to his bathroom to change and lean himself. He put on a white loose shirt and some baggy pants. Surely, Kyle would still be sleeping by now, lucky him. "Whoever bought that clock would be dead later." He muttered, running a hand through his hair as he went downstairs where he had seen the others. Kailey, Justin, Tyler, and of course, Zander. No doubt he's awake, he's supposed to be their father after all.

He didn't even bothered to greet them a good morning, but instead, he plopped himself down the couch, "What? Being a crybaby and complaining about what Kyle had done?" He said, a smirk forming on his face as he began to play with one of Tyler's toys, finding it rather amusing to play with.

When Ciel came down, Kailey flinched. "N-N-No!" she muttered. "I-I'm n-n-not scared of y-you guys."

Kailey sat down and held a pillow between her chin and knees.

"Not scared eh? Yet you're trembling..you're a real bad liar Kailey.. and you do know the punishment for lying right?" Ciel said, smirking further now, he finds it rather amusing to see his sister act like that, she was scared of him, of them. And it was quite pleasurable actually, though for all he knew, Zander wouldn't really like that. "Where's Kyle? I need him here." He stated, standing up as he threw the said toy back to Tyler, it was no fun without Kyle by his side, it was just too boring for his own liking.

Jamie arose from bed when she heard Zander's voice from somewhere in the house. She never knew why, but she always woke to his voice. Getting up she managed to put on one of her dresses with tights, along with one of her jumpers. Running into the room where it seemed everyone was situated she noticed Tyler counting and felt bad that he couldn't remember the next number. "Four, Tyler. Where are we going?" She asked Zander, ignoring the delemia going on between two of her other siblings in the room. There always seemed to be fighting going on but she could never figure out why and who was the instigator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back