Thomas Homestead

Tarren couldn't help but laugh at his little sister shaking her finger in his face, "Mindy, that happened a couple months ago." he said rolling his eyes. Looking over at Estrella he replied to her question, "I'm 9." he said maturly."Did you come back with Kale?" Tarren asked with interest, ignoring Mindys tutting.

"Yeah," Estrella said, smiling. "He invited me to stay for the summer, and I took him up on the offer." She smiled at both of the siblings; she really liked this family. A lot.

Nancy retrieved a letter from the mail box and scanned it quickly. She replied to the letter immediately after and sent her owl off to Tristan's residence.

Tarren looked Estrella over, and nodded. "Ohh, I see..." he said looking over at Mindy, who seemed displeased that he stole Estrella's attention, "Where's Kale?" Tarren laughed.

Yet another letter swooped through the mailbox.
Nancy,
I would be delighted to drop in for a visit, what day and time?  It would be nice to catch up.  I also plan to bring my four month old son along, if that's okay with you.
Tristan

"I think he's in his room," Estrella said, grinning. "Probably sleeping; it was a long way from New Zealand."

"Well...Why aren't you tired, 'Strella??" she asked with a giggle. "He's being a big baby and napping." Mindy jumped up and down, she was a ball of energy. "Let's go jump on him!!" she squealed with big eyes.

Estrella bit her lip. "I dunno, that might irk him," she said quietly, but followed Mindy anyways to see what would happen.

Mindy grabbed Estrella by the hand dragging her out of the room, she didn't like not having all of the attention taken away from her from Tarren. Putting a finger to her lip, she ran to his door and turned the knob, only to see Kale spread out on the bed and sleeping. Mindy let out a little giggle and jumped on the bed, squealing.

Yet another letter swooped through the mailbox, this time carried by a snowy owl.
Nancy,
Tuesday would be just fine.  But would you mind possibly not telling my daughter before I arrive?  I want it to be a surprise.
Tristan.

Nancy scanned the third letter and replied just as quick as the other two, attaching the letter to the snowy owls boney leg.

Estrella giggled as she watched Mindy jump on Kale, waiting to see his reaction.

Kale woke up, unaware that he had dozed off. Rolling over, he sat up and stretched his arms, watching as Mindy jumped and rolled around on his bed. "For a person with as much energy as you. I wonder how long it's going to take until you just crash, Mindy." Kale laughed and looked at Estrella. "I'm sorry to have left you with her..." he rolled his eyes and shook his head while watching her contimue to bounce. Kale smiled at Estrella, he was happy that she had come with him back home. "How long was I out?" he inquired.

Estrella grinned back. "It's no big deal, she's not that bad." She jumped on the bed and grabbed Mindy, hugging her. "You were only out for like a half hour, not that long." She looked around. "So, want to go outside for a bit? Show me the countryside? I've only seen a bit, and I already think its beautiful."

Kale grinned at Estrella, "Okay, I think that's a great idea." looking over at Mindy, he tickled her, watching her squirm around. "Mindy!" Kale's eyes brightened and his voice was full of 'excitement'. "I have an idea! Would you like to play hide and seek? You can hide, and Estrella and I will go and find you." he looked over at Estrella wondering if she understood his plan of getting away. Kale almost caught himself in a laugh at whether or not Mindy would actually fall for it, since he's done it many times before.

Estrella grinned, tickling Mindy. "Yeah! You have so many places to hide, Mindy, I bet you're great at hide and seek." She winked at Kale slightly, grinning broadly.

Mindys eyes widened, and she rolled off the bed excited to play. "Yes! I bet you'll never find me!" she squealed playfully, running out the door and down the stairs. After a few moments of silence she moved a wooden chair that was situated in front of the broom closet and closed the small door in front of her. She sat in the darkness of the small closet...waiting.

Kitchen-View-to-Loft-small.jpg

(Gotta love them photos. :p )

Estrella turned to Kale, grinning. The ruse had worked, and she set off down the stairs with Kale. "You suppose we should find her?"

Kale looked at Estrella in complete silence and laughed quietly so Mindy wouldn't hear, "....I wasn't expecting it to be that easy.." The broom closet door shutting was audible from downstairs, Kale snickered while shaking his head at Estrella, "She still hasn't learned that under the staircase is the first place everyone looks..!"

"Nahh" he snickered. Kale reached for Estrella's hand and crept down the stairs, "Hmm...Estrella...I wonder where Mindy went!" he walked toward the broom closet, where he could he Mindy giggling, "I don't think she's in here.." Kale tip toed toward the front door, and gave Estrella a mischevious grin.

Estrella grinned, nodding, and bellowed loudly, "Wow, Mindy's really good at hiding! I wonder where in the world she could be!" She followed Kale's lead, tiptoeing to the door.

"Great idea," she said, once they were outside. "Now where are we off to, Mr. Thomas?"

Kale smiled at Estrella, Well, what would you like to see?" he asked while still walking away from the house, hoping that Mindy didn't catch onto their little trick, "Over that hill theres a small lake with a bridge and tire swing." Kale pointed in the opposite direction, "And...in that direction, theres lots of farmland and rolling hills." he smiled at Estrella and kissed her on the cheek, "It's up to you."

Estrella grabbed Kale's hand, blushing as he kissed her on the cheek. "Let's go check out the lake!" she said, grinning. Kind of hoping that Mindy would take some time to catch on so that they could get away, she followed Kale's lead.

"Great choice" Kale grinned, they walked up the green hill that followed into tree covered ground. After walking for quite sometime he began to start losing his breath, "Just a little bit farther.." he muttered

Finally they reached a clearing, the lake was visible and there was no one around. Kale took it all in, happy to have visited his favorite thinking spot since he was a young kid. "Here it is!" he said with a smile. "Wow, it's crazy to finally be back here.." he said taking a deep breath in.

ireland.jpg

(Haha, ignore the person!)

((Grabs stone to throw at person in picture))

Estrella gasped, "It's so beautiful!" Never before had she gazed upon such a scene, drinking it all in with wide eyes. New Zealand was pretty, but Ireland had some quality to it that made it all the more special. She was already in love with the countryside, grinning at the tire swing. She was eager to go swimming.

"You're so lucky!" she said jealously, squeezing Kale's hand. "This is totally awesome."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back