Thomas Homestead

Nancy Thomas

6lwuadg.jpg

It was a warm afternoon, the sun was out & shining up high in the clear Irish sky at the Thomas's contryside secluded home. Nancy was in the backyard taking down laundry that was hung out for drying. With a quick flick of her wand, her basket of laudry lifted off the green fresh cut grass and followed her into the house, where it put itself away in the upstair bedrooms.

Nancy is an overworked, widowed mother of 7 children, a firm believer of hard work, and is always busy with chores around the house.

It was a crisp day, the wind was blowing slightly and birds were chirping. Kale dragged his heavy Hogwarts trunk up to the front gate and opened it up by a silver latch at the top. "Go ahead.." he gestured to Estrella letting her walk ahead of him a few steps. "Do you need any help carrying anything?" Kale asked while checking out everything they had, slinging his pack over his shoulder.

They were a few steps before reaching the front door, Kale was so happy to finally be home after a year of not being home, he could wipe his goofy grin that extended ear to ear on his face.

Estrella walked tentatively in front of Kale, but was unable to stop grinning. She knew instinctively that her summer was going to be an awesome one, and immediately fell in love with the house.

"Erm, I think I'll be okay," Estrella said, grinning from ear to ear, holding her suitcase at her side, and her Amethyst Streak in the other. She didn't have much to bring along.

Kale looked at Estrella and smiled, "Okay then!" he said rolling his eyes in a playful manner. Walking up the steps that led throughout the garden in the front he reached the front door and turned the doorknob, the door let out a loud creaking sound and he walked in. "Mum??" he called for his mother, "Estrella and I are here.." he took a look around the house, setting his trunk and pack on the polished wooden floors, it was a cozy and comfortable place.

Nancy walked down the stairs much quicker than she normally would at the sound of her sons voice. At the sight of Kale she ran quickly toward him and threw her arms around her son. "Oh my!," she took a deep breath in, taking a good look at him and exhaling, "You've grown so much!" Nancy held Kale for a few moments before giving him and embarassing kiss on the cheek, "Don't blush, dear!" Nancy took a good look at Estrella and grinned, "Now you must be, Estrella!" she said brightly, and walked toward Estrella with open arms for a hug. "Welcome to our home sweetheart, I'm sorry it's not much."

Nancy walked toward a window and cracked it open. She was so happy to finally have them home!

Estrella was quite surprised that someone else's mother would hug her, but she didn't mind it all the same, grinning. "I think it's wonderful," she commented, grinning and looking around. Everything was so peaceful here. "I appreciate you letting me stay."

Nancy put on a bright smile, "Thank you, Estrella. I try my best to keep this place liveable!" she tidied up the dining room table as she spoke and looked to Estrella, speaking in a motherly tone, "Oh, sweetie. I'm happy to have you stay. You are welcome to stay as long as you would like. Kale has told me so much about you, I'm happy to have finally met you!" Nancy took a look at Kale, who was still standing sheepishly in the doorway and back to Estrella, "Please, take a seat, dear." she pulled out a chair and tried to sit Estrella down at the table. "Would you like a cup of tea or anything?"

Estrella grinned back warmly. "Actually, water's fine." She declined to say that she absolutely detested coffee, tea or anything of the sort. She was just weird that way.

She took a seat as Mrs. Thomas asked, sitting down still semi nervously. She didn't want to make an idiot of herself in front of Kale's mother, as she liked her a lot. Grinning at Kale, she wondered if he was going to sit down.

Kale watched as his mother and Estrella talked, he was so happy to be home. As much as he loved Hogwarts, nothing beat being at home where 'Anything Goes' in the Thomas house, and being away from the drama was a definite plus. Walking toward the table, he too took a seat right next to Estrella. Drumming his fingers against the table top, "Mum? Is Morgan, Lesly and Stephen going to be coming home? Or are they still going to be staying in with uncle Peter?" Kale asked.

"Ohh...Mum loves tea and caffiene. I don't think she would ever be able to live without it!" Kale whispered to Estrella laughing.

"I don't mind caffeine," Estrella giggled. "Ever had pop? It's awesome."

She wondered if any of Kale's siblings were home, as she was eager to meet the rest of his family. She was unable to stop grinning wildly; this promised to be a kick@$$ summer.

"Pop?" he asked with a blank expression. "Nope. I've seen it at food places in Hogsmeade...but I've never had it." Kale grinned at Estrella, watching his mother pace around the kitchen like a madwoman.

"You should get one sometime," Estrella said, grinning. "They're awesome. Probably not the best for health though."
She took a sip of her water, looking around with interest.

((sry, I will continue this tmrw, the mother is making me get off...))

"Okay hon.", she walked through the kitchen grabbed two glasses and one tea cup. She handed Estrella an ice cold glass of water and looked at Kale, "I'm sorry Kale, plans haven't changed with your brother and sisters. They'll be staying with your uncle." she said replying to his questionn hoping not to put down his spirits, "Tarren and Mindy are here though." she said warmly.

Estrella took a sip through her water. "Are those your younger brothers and sisters, Kale?" She grinned warmly; she liked Mrs. Thomas, and she was eager to meet the rest of his family.

Mindy hopped down the stairs step by step, she just finished her afternoon nap and was looking for her lunch that was normally already prepared and on the table ready for her. Wiping a piece of sleep out of her eye as she reached the final step, instead of seeing her lunch sitting at the table, it was Kale and a girl. "Kale!!" she shrieked, running as fast as her little feet would allow her. Jumping into his arms, she hugged him with a death grip, "I missed you so so soooo much!" Mindy's toothless smile was mighty and her eyes sparkled. Mindy observed Estrella with big eyes.

"Hi," Estrella said cheerily, grinning at the little girl, who was cuter than a button. She was not the best at meeting people, or striking up conversations in any case.

"Yep, they're my youngest ones. As much of a pain in the butt they can be...they're quite fun" Kale laughed. Just as soon as he finished what he was saying, he saw Mindy at the foot of the stairs and she was coming right for him, "Mindy!" he bellowed, picking her up the arms and holding her up. "Look at you, you're getting so big!" Kale smiled at his sister and looked at Estrella, "This is Mindy." he whispered to Estrella, while Mindy still had her arms latched around his neck.

"I know! Mummy says I'm almost as big as Morgan!"
Mindy had a cheeky smile on her face when she looked at Estrella. "What yer name?" she asked brightly, throwing her arms around Estrella's legs and latching on.

Estrella grinned, surprised at how attached Mindy was. But she didn't mind. "I'm Estrella," she said, introducing herself. "How old are you, Mindy?"

"This many!" Mindy held up five fingers confidently. Loosening her grip around Estrella's legs she walked a few feet to Kale and made him bend down to her level, placing her hand in front of her mouth and whispering to his ear (very loudly). "I like her!"

Mindy then ran right back to where she was and took her place around Estrella's legs. She looked up at Estrella from on the floor, "You're pretty!" she said cheerfully, "Look! My tooth fell out!" Mindy said excitedly, pointing to a toothless smile.

"Ah, I remember when I was five," Estrella said, grinning wildly as she heard what Mindy said to Kale.

She blushed slightly as Mindy told her that she was pretty. She bent down, looking at Mindy's tooth in interest. "Did the tooth fairy come?"

"Yes!" she squealed, "I got four galleons!" Mindy's eyes brightened as if there were a million fireflies in her eyes, "What's your favorite color, 'Strella?"

Estrella thought about the question, thinking about it for a moment. To be a little kid again, she thought, where colors are the most important thing. "I've always liked purple," she finally decided.

Kale laughed at the conversation Estrella & Mindy were having. Taking a sip of his tea, he looked to Estrella and whispered playfully in her ear, "Be careful, soon you'll never be able to shut her up!" he laughed, looking down at Mindy still strapped around Estrella's legs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back