Thomas Homestead

Estrella grinned back at Kale. She liked little kids, so the childish conversation didn't really bother her. "It's alright," she said, her expression bright and happy.

Mindy's mouth gaped wide open, "Mine too!" her eyes glittered. "I like you, you're my best friend!" she giggled.

Estrella was a little taken aback by the declaration, but what the heck? She grinned at the girl firmly attached to her legs. "So, how is it having older brothers and sisters? I don't have any." Well, one, she thought, but all she had seen of him was pictures.

Mindy thought about the question for a moment, "It's fun!" she squealed, "But they don't visit much anymore because of school." Mindy frowned. "Kale is my favorite brother though.." she giggled and let her death grip go from Estrella legs. "You don't have any brothers or sisters?!" Mindy asked in astonishment.

"Well, my little brother was just born," Estrella said quietly, "But I haven't seen him yet. His name is Erik." She smiled warmly at Mindy, who seemed to have oodles of affection for her brother.

Nancy listened closely as the three spoke, mainly to Estrella & Mindy's silly conversation. Nancy sipped her tea at the table, smiling. Getting up, she tidied up the counter space and noticed their luggage still sitting in the doorway. Messes didn't stay long when Nancy was around. Nancy placed her hand on Estrella's shoulder as she spoke about her brother and looked to her daughter, "Mindy, sweetheart, will you show Estrella where Morgans room is so she can get settled in?" she gave Estrella a warm smile, her soft features lightened.

"Yes, mummy." Mindy said with obidience(sp). "Come with me Estrella!" she squeaked while grabbing for her suitcase and dragging it toward the stairs.

((omg, I've done that several times =)) ))

Estrella followed Mindy, grabbing her suitcase and following her lead. She grinned back at Kale.

Kale smiled at Estrella as she walked up the stairs. He went over and grabbed his broom, pack & trunk, and followed the two girls up the steps. He walked into his bedroom, he hadn't been there for about a year. It looked just as he left it, just a little bit more clean than how he originally left it..Kale took a deep breath and exhaled, throwing himself on his bed. "It's great to be home..." he said out loud to himself.

Mindy giggled as she walked up the stairs, she turned around the landing and opened the door at the end of the hall. "This is Morgan and Lesly's room! They're my biggest sisters." she said with a toothless smile. Mindy tried to pick up Estrella's suitcase with two hands and plop it on the bed, but she was too small.

Loft-Bedroom-small.jpg

Estrella giggled as she watched Mindy attempt to sling the suitcase on top of the bed. "Here, hun," she said, smiling, picking up the suitcase and putting it on the bed. She looked around the room. "I love the decorations," she commented, "I've never been good at doing it."

Kale layed on his bed, kicking his shoes off to the ground. The window in his bedroom was already cracked open and a nice breeze circulated his bedroom. Kale's pack rolled off the bed and hit the floor with a thump, ignoring it. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath in, drifting away into a peaceful nap.

"That's a big suitcase!" she said almost out of breath. Mindy plopped herself onto the bed and jumped up and down. "Yeah, I like it too!" she said with a cheeky smile still jumping. "Jump! Jump, jump!" said Mindy in a fit of giggles.

Estrella could tell that Mindy was wired, and she giggled, remembering how energetic she was at the age of five. "I used to have a toy broomstick, do you have one, Mindy?" she asked, smiling. She wondered if any of Kale's other brothers and sisters were around.

Mindy stopped jumping on the bed when Estrella had asked her a question, "No, I don't. Well, I did! But stupid Tarren broke it in half!" Mindy spat, obviously still angry.

"Do you know how to fly, Estrella?" Mindy asked with a twinkle in her eye.

"Yeah!" Estrella exclaimed, grinning. "I'm keeper for the Opaleye Assault team at school. Kale is a beater for them, too."

She laughed. "I love flying. How about you, Mindy?"

"You guys are on the quidditch team??" Mindy squealed. "I wanna learn how to fly really bad...I don't know how to yet." she frowned. "I hope will let me soon though!" Mindy continued to jump on the bed, landing on her bum and continuing in almost a pattern.

"If your mom's okay with it, maybe we can take you out flying one of these days," Estrella said, grinning. She was slightly amused by Mindy's childish actions, reminded of herself when she was that age.

Tarren could hear the jumping up and down from his room across the hall, he was beginning to feel more and more annoyed with the constant punding against the wall. Rushing to the bedroom, Tarren barged in and hit the door with his fist. "Mindy will you shut up!" he yelled agitated from all of the noise. He then noticed another girl in the room, "huuh? Who are you...?" he asked with a blank extression.

"Hi," Estrella said, thinking that this must be Kale's brother, Tarren. "I'm Estrella."

A letter dropped through the mailbox in the kitchen, addressed Nancy Thomas.
Nancy,
It is to my knowledge that my daughter, Estrella, is staying with you for the summer, and I just want to check that she has gotten there safely.  I am sure she will be well cared for.
Sincerely,
Tristan Drage

Mindy looked at Tarren with disgust and shook her finger at him. "You! Broke my broomstick." pouting out her lip she looked over at Estrella, "That is Tarren. He's mean to me!"

Estrella had to stifle a laugh and a grin as she watched the exchange between the two siblings; Mindy definitely had a fiery spirit. "It's nice to meet you, Tarren," Estrella continued, "How old are you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back