The Drage Residence

Morgase turned to Lissandra, a bit of a smirk on her face. "Congratulations Lissandra, and Tristan I suppose." She then turned to listen to Tristan, happy to be hearing some news. Once he asked about telling Sophia, Morgase turned to Sammael, "Tell our daughter what, exactly?" She crossed her arms in front of her, her blue eyes staring daggers at her husband.

Sammael knew he was in trouble as soon as Tristan asked the question. He met Morgase's stare with a defiant one of his own. "Well, Morgase, we must tell Sophia about what we are. With the prophecy, it is of the utmost important that we see how she reacts to the news."

"Yes, I suppose you have a point," she said, her expression softening ever so slightly. "I will leave it up to you to break the news to her." Morgase then turned to the rest of those gathered in the kitchen as she sat down at the table. "So, is there any news of the girls?"

"Nothing," Tristan muttered, having observed the squabble between husband and wife. "They're just at Hogwarts, and I doubt they'll be coming anywhere for Christmas vacation. That's why we have to take matters into our own hands."

Lief sat back against the door, thinking. "Do you know exactly how you're going to get in and out of Hogwarts without trouble?" He looked at Garett and Tristan solemnly.

Tristan smiled, and looked at Garett knowingly. "Now what's the fun of telling everything right away?" he said. "Let's just say it involves a wonderful mixture of lies and a little shape-shifting."

Lief could only nod, holding his head back. "And there still will be a meeting at the Borely afterwards?"

Tristan nodded, and said, "Everyone is supposed to come." He turned to Morgase and Sammael. "Were either of you told of this?"

Before Sammael could answer, Morgase spoke in a dry, piercing voice. "You will have to ask my husband, as he seems to think he speaks and acts for the both of us." She turned her ice blue eyes to Sammael and stared at him daringly.

Sammael shot a very angry look toward Morgase for her answer, fading it back to blankness as he turned to Tristan. "No, we were not told of this. We were left completely out of contact this summer, as per Morgase's request," he said with extra emphasis on his wife's name. Sammael then turned his attention to Morgase. "How do you expect to invade Hogwarts with Sophia unknowing of us. Do you wish that to be the way she finds out?"

Deciding not to comment on their squabble, Tristan drawled dryly, "The night before Holiday Break is when everything is going to happen. There will be a portkey at Hogwarts to the Borely Mansion, where everyone is meeting." He turned to Lief, and then added, "Goyle will be there. But I don't know if the Leader or the Twins are going to be present."

After listening to Tristan's statement, Morgase turned to Sammael. "Yes, that is precisely how I wish her to discover us. We can go in easily with her being clueless, and then break it to her when the mayhem happens. I do not see a good way to tell her, so instead we shall show her." Morgase stared firmly at Sammael as if daring him to disagree.

Sammael returned Morgase's stare, wondering where her sudden vigor had come from. "You make a good point. I would like to go into Hogsmeade before the excitement ensues and see her. If she reacts badly, it may be the last time to see her on good terms." He then turned to Tristan. "Do you think it would that be all right if Morgase and I went into Hogsmeade early to see Sophia?"

"Well, she's not on the run from you, is she?" Tristan joked coldly, thinking of his own daughter. "She doesn't know anything. I'd say that it's pretty safe to do so."

Sammael smirked at Tristan's comment. "Well she may be shortly. We shall see." He turned to Morgase, the smirk wipe from his face. "I leave it to you to inform Sophia that we are visiting with her, as you are more in correspondence with her." Sammael then tured back to Tristan with a serious look on his face, but the anger that appeared with Morgase was gone. "What time do you plan on beginning the fesitivities, so that Morgase and I can plan accordingly."

"Well, as its going to be in a few months, there is no definite time," Tristan mused. "I'd say around nine o' clock is when everyone should show up at the Borely." His expression darkened. "Hopefully, everything at Hogwarts goes well."

As she agreed with Sammael's idea, and was satisfied that she had made her point clear to Sammael, Morgase had been sitting in silence, listening. At this break in conversation, she stood. "I should be going. I must write to Sophia. I trust I will see each of you very soon." Morgase had turned to each of them in turn, saving the last of her gaze for Sammael, lingering on him a bit before she turned and left.

Tristan gave a nod of goodbye in Morgase's direction, and then turned to Sammael. "You know of the prophecy, am I correct?" His expression was cold and serious.

After following Morgase's path with his golden eyes, Sammael turned to Tristan with a cold expression. "Of course I know of the prophecy. That is why it is of the utmost importance that Sophia discover the truth." He seemed to be getting agitated once again, his thoughts still lingering on Morgase.

"If you're lucky, she's going to take the news well," Tristan muttered. "You have no idea what hell it is trying to chase teenagers around the world." He shook his head.

"No, I have not have the pleasure of experiencing a child who does not appreciate her parents," Sammael replied dryly. "I do not know what I will do if she runs away. The fact that she does not know may prove useful in trying to get the girls back this break. But Sophia reacts badly to the news, things will become much more difficult."

"Very difficult," Tristan replied coldly. "Especially if she knows where she's going and what to do." He sighed, turning to the cupboards. "Would anyone like anything to drink? I have a bottle of red wine."

"As superb as the wine sounds at this time, I feel I should go. I will speak to all of you later, I am sure." Sammael nodded to the group, turned and swiftly left.

Lief poured himself a glass of wine, savoring the taste. After draining the cup, he said, "I really must be going, too, Tristan. Talk in a few days?"

Garett stood as people exited Tristan's house, quite disappointed that there was no news of Liz. Refusing a glass of alcohol, he said, "I must go also. Things to do." He shrugged, his gaze on Tristan. "I guess if you don't decide to show up at the meeting later," he smirked a bit, remembering the man's poor attendance, "I will see you before the Holiday Break?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back