Tristan Drage

Missing

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Tristan walked up the lane of the lonely house, the windows boarded up and the door hanging weakly on its hinges. Weeds overpowered the once beautiful garden, and the grass was long and untamed, creeping over the sidewalk like rather stringy tentacles. He stopped and stared at his old house for a moment; this he had shared with his wife and his daughter. It had been a Muggle Home, creeping with hints of magic, as this was the way that Lorelei had liked it. Tristan had bought it for her just days after they had been engaged, the owner selling it quickly and glad to get rid of it. Tristan had the old home fixed by none other than muggle builders, and had been quite a nice place to stay in when it was all finished. The white paint was flawless, complete with forest green shutters and a red door. Lorelei's garden was filled with all sorts of flowers, both magical and non magical as had been bought for her.

But now it was abandoned and dirty, condemned long ago but left standing in Tristan Drage's name. Every so often he would send a letter, confirming that he still owned the house. But he had not returned here in ten years, and it needed a lot of help. The paint was chipped and broken, the gutters clogged up by rather disgusting leaves.

Taking a deep breath, he strolled up the stone steps, and the planks of the floorboard creaking beneath his feet as he walked on the porch. With ease he opened the door, which sorely needed oil on its hinges, emitting a horrific screeching noise. A sense of loneliness rushed through him as he entered the house; there had been so many happy memories here, but they were long gone and scattered to the four winds. His wife was dead, and his only child hated him, being far away at school. Life could have been so different for him. In fact, Lorelei might not be dead, and they would have had more children. He remembered with agony that she had been three months pregnant when she had died, carrying his son and taking him with her.

He shook his head as he entered the kitchen. Decisions, how matter badly they had screwed up his life, had been made and there was nothing he could do about it. The cupboards were dusty, some hanging on by just one hinge. He could see the dishes, unused for so long, peeking out from above the sink. A vase void of flowers decorated the table, a coat of dust sticking to its once lovely pink hue. The chairs were in disarray, as if someone had just sat in them.

Tristan made his way through the rest of the house, the living room with it's outdated tv and dusty couches, a separate dining room, and a bathroom not having seen a drop of water for ages. The bedrooms upstairs were the same as ever before, the beds made and coated with dust. As he made his way into Estrella's room, his heart dropped; several toys she had played with lay on the floor, as she had decided not to or was unable to take them with her when she left. A toy broomstick, which had been one of her favorites, sat on her bed. He imagined that she had been upset when she hadn't been able to take it into the muggle world; as a five year old, she had probably cried. He tried not to think about it. He picked up a stuffed toy cat, its oddly purple fur ruffled and clumped with misuse. He held it for an odd moment, and then placed it back on the flowered comforter of his daughters bed. He started when he saw an object wedged between the wall and her nightstand; using his skinny fingers, he managed to pry the object out, and when he turned it around, it felt as if someone had taken a bat to his head.

Beneath all the dust smiled himself and Lorelei, a family picture taken shortly before he had went "missing" in Norway. Upon wiping away the dust he saw that Estrella, sitting in his lap, was beaming also, revealing a tooth that had fallen out. Lorelei was wearing a pale blue dress, going well with her fair complexion and dark hair. Tristan himself wore a dress shirt, his expression happy looking but his dark eyes vacant. Even then, he had had leaving his family in his mind, when he had first joined the Death Eaters. He just didn't expect to leave them for so long. Things would be so different...

He pocketed the picture, frame and all, in his robes. He continued to wander the house, noting what needed to be fixed and reminding himself to have the electricity turned back on. After so long, the Drage Residence had an occupant, one that would stay there for a while.

Days later, the door of the house was opened once again, and Lief, Tristan's half brother, stepped through. He coughed as he breathed in dust, clouds of it everywhere. Certain places had been scoured clean, dust traveling off of things and onto others. Making his way into the kitchen, Lief could see Tristan, cleaning out the cupboards and cleaning the dishes with his wand. "It's a little early for spring cleaning, isn't it, Tristan?" he chuckled.

Tristan turned around, after saying "Scourgify!" to clean the settling dust from a china plate. Dirt and sweat covered his face; he had been at this for a few days, and it seemed that old houses would not bend and break easily after so many years of misuse. "It's been hell," he coughed, "This house is so filthy. But at least I'm getting somewhere. And I even got the water and electricity turned on." He pointed to a flourescent lightbulb on the ceiling, which emitted bright light.

"You skip meetings for the weirdest of things, Tristan," Lief said gravely, but he admired his brother's perseverance. "Goyle isn't too pleased that you're spending your time cleaning a muggle house, for merlin's sake."

"You know me," Tristan replied darkly, "I don't see the use of such small meetings. They really had nothing important to talk about, and I have my own priorities to take care of."

"Whatever," Lief said, shrugging, as he was used to his brother being so distant. Looking around the kitchen, he walked over to the table, where leather bound photo albums sat, the dust removed from their covers and the pages yellowing from age. With a sideways glance at Tristan he opened the first album, and saw that it was from a wedding, long ago. Tristan and Lorelei, still young and happier than ever, glanced up from the first page, the muggle picture flat and unmoving. As he flipped through Lief recognized himself, albeit so many wrinkles and in a tux, posing as Tristan's best man. "So, you're starting to find things?" he inquired with a raised eyebrow.

Tristan turned his head to the side, closing his eyes. "Yes," he replied quietly. Ever since he had found the albums, he had been poring over them, unable to stop looking through them. His cohorts would find it a sign of weakness, and he was embarrased in this situation in front of his brother. Lief had never had a wife and child, he couldn't possibly know the guilt and shame that he felt. Lorelei never would have died if he hadn't left, and he would have to live with that burden on his shoulders until the day he himself died.

"I see," Lief murmured, and continued to flip through the pages. He came upon a picture that was moving, Estrella at the age of three playing with a stuffed purple cat. In another was Tristan, comically and continuously chasing her around as she had stolen his wand, odd sparks coming out of it and chasing things in the house. Lorelei was nowhere in sight; she was most likely in fear of getting hit by magic. He turned his head as he heard a knock at the door, and knew that it must be one of the other Death Eaters. "Mind if I let them in?" Lief inquired of the busy Tristan.

"I don't care," Tristan replied haughtily, levitating a set of plates onto the counter, their surfaces scrubbed clean. He listened as Lief opened the door, hoping that there wouldn't be any muggle salesmen.

Sammael stood at the door with a dour expression on his face, which did not change when Lief opened the door. "Greetings Lief. It is actually good that you are here, I am in need of an update. Is Tristan here as well?" As he asked this last bit, Sammael stepped into the house, looking around with a look of disgust.

"He is," Lief said. "Good to see you, Sammael. Right this way." He noted Sammael's look of disgust, the opinion that many of the Death Eaters shared about his brother's Muggle Household. He led the man into the kitchen, where Tristan had finished washing dishes, having them stacked nicely on the counter, and turned to face his guest.

"Hello, Sammael," Tristan greeted blankly, crossing his arms as he stood there. He had gone to Hogwarts with the man before him, even though they had been in different houses.

Sammael followed Lief into the kitchen, trying to avoid looking around at the house. Once he stopped in the kitchen he looked at Tristan, noting his stance. They had gone to Hogwarts together, but Sammael had of course been in Slytherin. It always seemed strange to him that Tristan had been in Ravenclaw. "Greetings Tristan. I was hoping you, and Lief, could catch me up on what I missed over the summer. I was unable to keep in touch, as Morgase does not want Sophia to know about any of this. I cannot understand why she insists on hiding from her, but she is very stubborn, as you know."

"I can see why Morgase would want to keep it from her, though," Tristan muttered darkly. "Neither my kid nor the Malfoy girl took well to the news. And they didn't even know about the prophecy." He leaned back against the counter, looking at Sammael. "And if your daughter rejects it also, that makes the prophecy fair game for your daughter as well."

"Yes, but Sophia, she is different than your daughter, or the Malfoy girl. Sophia is a Slytherin, and the spitting image of Morgase. It is very possible that she will accept it and attempt to follow with us, which would make the prophecy not apply to her. I wonder if I should tell her?"

Tristan moved to push in a few of the beaten up wooden chairs, which he had attempted to polish earlier. "That's your decision, not mine. You could say that there's not really much of an update except that I attempted to take my daughter from her uncle's house in the States, she and the Malfoy girl escaped to Lucius', they were there for a month, and then escaped. Not much of a story, really. They've returned to Hogwarts by now."

Sammael followed Tristan with his golden eyes, which Sophia had inherited from him. The expression on his face remained cold, but his voice held a hint of anger in it. "Those two teenage girls escaped you twice? How much do they know?"

"A month of planning, I guess," Tristan snapped back. "I don't believe any child of mine would exactly be an idiot."

"I suppose not. She is in Ravenclaw after all. What about the Malfoy girl? Is she anything like her father?"

"She's not seriously sadistic," Tristan muttered, "But she definitely has the ability to talk down to her enemies. She didn't seem afraid at the Manor, and I suppose that was due to the fact that she was scheming all the time."

Garett knocked on the door to the house. He knew that Tristan was out to see his daughter again. Maybe Garett would hear something and go with him, and grab Liz along with Estrella.

A hint of a smirk came across Sammael's face. "Perhaps it is good I missed out on that. I suppose it is good that they are least not idiots, if they going to be future leaders."

At that point there was a knock on the door. "Shall I answer?"

"I don't care," Tristan sighed. He took note that everyone, it seemed, was eager to answer his callers. He hoped that there would be no muggle salesmen; he could handle their calls but some of his friends might not.

Noting Tristan's sigh, unsure as to what had gotten into the man lately, Sammael walked to the door through which he had entered and opened it to find Garrett. "Greetings Garrett," Sammael said as he stood back, allowing Garrett to enter.

Tristan nodded his head weakly at Garett in greeting; at least his callers were not muggles. Or Vladmir. He did not know what he would do if Vladmir Rasputin dared to walk through the door of his home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back