Sneaking around...

Amy was shocked by Keiras story but was still keeping a wary eye out in the forest. "Erm, how far in are we going to go?" she asked Keira, holding her wand up to project some light further on.

Andromeda stopped as well, they were in complete darkness except for the unnatural glow of their wands. The silence about them was dangerously eerie.
"Ok how much further because if I recall myself and Brian were about this far in when we got the distinct feeling that there was something watching us".

[color=660000]Jolly followed Kiera, alone with Andy and Amy inside the forest. She was silent for a while, not speaking anything but just as Andy asked them if they wanted to hear a scary story, something caught Jolly's eye. Something was scurrying behind the trees and from the way the other girls were going on talking, Jolly knew that they probably couldn't hear the slight noise.

Out of curiosity, Jolly absently changed paths and followed the scurrying noise instead. Soon, the voices of the girls were left behind and Jolly couldn't even hear them. Suddenly, she thought she saw a pair of bright yellow eyes staring at her from between the bushes when her foot caught in a tree root and Jolly screamed loudly, falling flat on her face.[/color]

Kiera froze when she heard a girl scream. She looked around frantically. Jolly was missing. She started running through the forest trying to find Jolly. She came into a clearing and saw her laying on the ground. "What happened?" she asked quickly. She had her wand at the ready just in case anyone was around.

Andy heard the scream and sighed "Jolly!" before following Keira at a run through the dense vegetation of the forest. Keira was asking her what happened when Andy pulled up along side them.
"Jolly you shouldn't wander off like that on your own, especially at this time of night" realising how absurd that must sound considering they were all wandering around she grinned, "Here let me give you a hand up".

Amy had been walking along with Andy and Keira when she heard the scream. She froze for a second or two before spinning round to see Jolly was no longer with them. Running after Keira and Andy she found herself in a clearing and saw Jolly sprawled on the floor. "You frightened the life out of me Jolly!" Amy said with a smile, now that she knew Jolly was okay.

[color=660000]Jolly's head jerked when the other three girls came running to her side. With a slightly shaking hand, she grabbed Andy's offered hand and stood up. "Kiera," she said, her voice high-pitched and face very white. Jolly ignored the pain in her stomach and her bruised elbow as she told them that she had seen something. "It was staring at me...whatever it was," she told them. "Right over there!" Pointing at the bushes right in front of them. "But then, I tripped on this tree root and fell over." She groaned loudly.[/color]

Kiera looked at Jolly with a worried expression. "Dont worry you will be fine. Just a little bruise." she said to her. Kiera was more concerned about what Jolly saw. She couldnt have anything ambushing her and her friends. "Eyes you say? In this bush?" she said pointing to it. Kiera held her wand out in front of her ready to cast a spell. She took slow but deliberate steps toward the bush.

"Keira be careful", Andy whispered behind her wishing she could make the lumos spell greater to give her more light.
A shiver ran down her back and the hairs began to rise slowly, there was something out there. She just didn't know what or where. Jolly's scream was sure to have startled it, surely.

[color=660000]"Yeah, the bush there," Jolly repeated, watching Kiera slowly walk towards the bush with her wand held high. Even though, Jolly was feeling exceptionally scared, she followed Kiera, her wand hand trembling slightly. Curiosity killed the cat, a small voice inside her head but Jolly ignored it and walked beside Kiera. "What-" she said, then gulped, "What do you think it could be?" she whispered to the elder girl.[/color]

Kiera was at the bush now. She realized Jolly was behind her so she put her arm out to keep her from going any closer. "It might be anything. Maybe a wildcat or something if you could see its eyes..." she whispered. She knew better than to stick her arm in the bush. She knew something was hiding behind it. "Reducto!" she said as the bush was reduced to shreads.

((Sorry Im not quite sure what to make the creature...))

[[we could just say the spell startled whateve it was or our rushing in did???]]

Andy smiled that was some cool spell Keira just did.
She tried to look to see what was there, but couldn't make anything out from where she stood.

Amy watched as Keira and Andy strode over to the bush. She was cautious to follow but then Jolly followed them both and she didn't want to stand on her own so she went with them. Keira muttered a spell and reduced the bush to threads. She couldn't help but be impressed byt the spell as she peered to see what exactly Jolly had seen.

[color=660000]While Jolly was impressed that Kiera did a cool spell, she was still slightly shaking and couldn't help wondering where that creature with bright eyes had gone. Just as Amy came up behind them all, Jolly heard the familiar scurrying noise again. She had pretty sharp eyes and as she squinted them in the darkness to see properly, she say something black scurrying ahead of them and disappear round of corner. With a mild yelp of surprise, Jolly shouted, "There!" and sprinted off into the darkness after the creature. She was scared, yes, but Jolly was a curious cat and she wanted to know what it was that had been staring at her.[/color]

Kiera groaned as Jolly sprinted off. She ran behind her. "Jolly!" she yelled as she caught up with her. "This is not a good idea!" she exclaimed. Kiera held her wand at ready so that nothing could possibly harm Jolly.

"She's mad!" Andromeda exclaimed. "First she screams because of it then she chases after it". Andy said to Amy. She walked after Keira and Jolly this time not even bothering to run anymore. Getting into scrapes for adventure was one thing, getting into them out of pure folly was another.

[color=660000]Jolly stopped instantly when Kiera caught up with her and held her wand high incase they were ambushed or something. Knowing that she had acted foolishly and that the others would think that she was mad, Jolly shot Kiera an apologetic look. "I am sorry, Kiera," she sighed. "I just can't resist adventure...even though I am scared right now. I promise I won't stray away. I just wanted to know what that creature is." Jolly bit her lip and looked down. What if something had happened to the others? It would've been entirely Jolly's fault.[/color]

Jolly had no sooner got up than she had run off again. Relieved that Andy wasn't going to run after her she walked over with her. "Jolly!" Amy sighed, although she had a smile on her face. "Are we all good now?" she turned and asked everyone.

[color=660000]Jolly giggled. "But you are not dead, so that's an achievement," she told Kiera jokingly. Soon, Amy caught up with them. "Yeah, I am good. And I guess, so is Her Highness," she grinned, pointing to Kiera. "Come on, let's continue on our previous path. Perhaps we might find a unicorn," she said excitedly.[/color]

"Oh Jolly!" Andy laughed "perhaps we've had enough high adventure for one night?"
She knew they would all probably say no, but it was worth a shot she was getting pretty sleepy now and was sure her bed was calling her.

Kiera grinned. "Im great now that this one has decided to stop chasing wild dangerous creatures through the woods." she said teasingly to Amy. "I think looking for unicorns sounds much better. That is if everyone else wants to." Kiera had adreneline rushing through her from all the excitement.

"Yeah sure!" Amy said smiling, even though she was very nervous. She held her wand up high so that she could get as much light as possible to guide her on the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back