Kait
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
12" Ash wand with tail of unicorn hair core
((Please ask if you want to join!!))

Kiera snuck all the way down to the edge of the forest. They hadnt gotten caught so far. Kiera held her wand out in front of her. "Lumos." she whispered as her wand tip ignited. "Yall should light yours too. The spell is Lumos and to turn it off is Nox." She told her friends with a bright smile on her face.

[color=660000]As silently and cautiously as they could, the group tip-toed down the stairs, through the Entrance Hall, past the lawn and to the Forbidden Forest. Jolly was mildly surprised they hadn't been caught yet and she was beginning to grow confident, not to mention, excited! She immitated Kiera and lighted her wand. "Lumos." Instantly, another beam of light flooded the part where they were standing. "Let's go in before someone glimpses this sudden brightness on the forest's edge," she told the others, stepping inside the forest and between the trees. A chill ran down her spine.[/color]

"Amy come on", Andy whispered holding up her own wand but only lighting it when she was in the shade of the forest. She had practised this spell only recently thanks to Brian, so without hestitation performed the 'Lumos' spell.
Her wand tip glowed brightly as if it were a battery operated torch. She followed Kiera and Jolly.

Amy was lagging behind the others and so tried her best to keep up, making sure she stayed as close as was possible to the others as they made their way down through the castle and into the forest. "Sorry sorry I'm coming" she whispered to Andy as she heard her calling her. Amy listened as Keira told her the spell. Clearing her throat as quietly as possible she whispered "Lumos". Her wand lit up but then it disappeared again. Concentrating much harder on what she needed to do, she called "Lumos!" again with more conviction, and the wand lit up, and stayed alight. "Yaaay" she whispered, remembering to keep her voice low. "I done it Andy!" she called excitedly to her friend, then turned to Keira to await further instruction.

((Of course you can Mike! You were invited in the common room!!))

Kiera grinned cheerfully. The night was crysal clear and absoultely perfect for exploring. Kiera was almost bouncing around. She got her wand ready. Shince she was the oldest and knew more spells if anything did happen it was up to her to protect them all. That might be quite a challenge. "Hey yall ready to venture into the forest yet?" she asked slyly.

[color=660000]Jolly looked around at Mark, Andy, Amy and Kiera and nodded. "Yeah, I am ready," she said and although her voice was steady, her heart was beating really fast, thumping loudly against her chest. She stood aside to let Kiera pass so that they could all follow her.[/color]

"Well done Amy" Andy said as she waited for Amy, "we haven't even done this one yet in class wait till we do. We'll be so far ahead." She smiled.
"All ready when you are!" Andromeda said as low as she could, the excitement was palatable now. She always got a massive adrenaline rush when she was doing something she shouldn't. Then a little voice at the back of her head said two words,
Professor King. Andy paled and bit her lip. She had been devastated for disappointing him last week and yet here she was right on track to do it again.
She had gotten totally caught up in the excitement of it all but reality was begining to hit home.
She walked on though, knowing she couldn't leave her friends here alone.

"Ready when you are!" Amy said in a hushed tone. She was excited but a bit apprehensive. She had never gone into the forest before and as the name 'forbidden' suggested, she was unsure as to what exactly would be in there. She glanced into the forest, seeing if she could see anything, but couldn't see as much as 5 foot in. She stood and waited, to see what they would do now.

Kiera held her wand out in front of her. She had only been in the forest once. After her near death experience with the Mansion she hadnt been able to really explore the forest like she wanted to. Those dreams from the Mansion still bothered her after all. She grinned at the first years. What a good influence I am.. she thought. "Lets go guys." she said as she walked into the darkness of the forest.

"Right behind you Keira", Andy said catching up to her, Andy seemed to becoming a regular visitor to the forest. They were passing the glade where only a few days ago she had broken her nose. She touched it now and raised her eyes to the skies.
Numb nut totally she chastised herself.

Amy watched as Keira headed into the forest. Holding her wand out infront of her slightly as she herself followed Keira and Andy into the forest. She was suprised by how much denser it got the further they walked in. She kept a wary eye out for anything, odd.

"So who wants to hear a scary story then?" Andy smiled in the semi light.
The forest was a beautiful place, even at night the eerie silence was captivating. The few sounds that could be heard was their breathing and the crackling of twigs and other forest foliage that they walked on.

Andy started to laugh she had only actually been messing but guessed now she had to actually tell a story.
"Ok, let me see...

'Once there was this woman, she lifted up her head and peered outside through the frosted window. Wrinkled eyes gazed into the bright sky, and a smile came over the old woman’s face when she saw the full moon, shining away in all it’s harvest glory, a perfect background setting for All Hallow’s Eve.
A loud purring reached her ears as a black cat leaped up on the table next to the rocking chair she was sitting in.
"Yes, my sweets. Isn’t that a pretty night we have in store for us? Old man moon looks down on us with a wink in his eye tonight."
The cat stared at her with deep green eyes, attention fixed on every word.
"You know what this night means, don’t you, Trickster?" The cat let out a soft meow, listening to his master.
"It is the passing of an age, that is what. Many long years, happy memories, but there is an ending to every story, good and bad. Ol’ Madge here has seen it all, yes I have."
The old woman pushed herself up from the chair, one gnarled hand stroking the silken fur of Trickster. There was a creaking noise as old bones cracked within the ancient body, stiff joints groaning in protest at the effort made by her to straighten up.
"Ah, this craggy old girl ain’t what she used to be. Need a dose of the ointment before I go, that’ll fix me for a little while."
Madge walked over towards a large oaken trunk that was filled with an assortment of herbs, spices, animal parts, jarred collections of insects, packaged powders, and numerous other odds and ends. They were the tools of her trade.
Rummaging through the contents, she found a sachet containing some brown colored leaves, and when she opened it a sweet odor wafted outwards.
"Hmm, this will do fine." The crone went over to a wooden cabinet which had vials of liquid scattered about the shelves. She grabbed a tube with a bubbly fluid inside with a purple tinge to it, and then poured the leaves in.
Wispy curls of vapor rose up, and the old woman drank deeply.
A look of revulsion crossed her face at the bitter taste, but she shook it off.

"Not the fountain of youth, but it bestows on me a glimmer of strength, and that is all I need." She smacked her dry lips together, and smiled with glee.
Madge hobbled over to the great stone fireplace that warmed the cottage, and a black cauldron was resting above the burning flames. A green liquid boiled away in a frenzy, fat bubbles oozing from the surface. She stirred the mixture with a metal ladle.

"Double, bubble, toil and trouble!"
"Double, bubble, toil and trouble!’
Cackling with delight, the old woman churned the foul broth with renewed vigor. The cauldron hissed in answer, and the brew began to fizzle over.
"Ha ha, that’s it. A ghastly potion for a ghostly night!"
Madge nodded to herself, and the flames danced before her, casting lurid shadows on the walls of the cottage.

The image behind the cat grew in size, reaching the proportions of a great beast which was many times the feline’s actual body shape.
Trickster growled, his dark mane bristling. The master made a gesture in the air, and the front door burst open as the black cat sprang into the night, the transformation beginning to take place. A howl echoed from the woods outside, and Madge shouted in response, the language old and archaic.

"Rejoice in the wild, my pet. The night calls. Until the sun comes up, when you must return."
A gust of wind blasted against the cottage, slamming the door shut with a loud crash. The old woman’s wizened face had a trace of sadness on it, and she let out a deep sigh.
"It is almost time, must make haste."
Madge opened the closet and reached inside, tenderly bringing out a worn garb, black as the night. A tear trickled from the corner of an eye, moistening the callused cheek beneath.

"So many years, where have they all gone? How will I be able to face the next one, knowing that my time is done?"
She pulled the raiment tightly about herself, cherishing the feel of the familiar outfit. The cloak gave her comfort and security.

"Such little time, and too many things to fill it with, ‘tis a pity."

There was an upper shelf inside the closet, and from this she brought out a rumpled black hat, pointed at the top in the shape of a narrow cone.
"Hee hee hee," she chuckled. "A pointed cone for a crooked crone." She set the hat on her head, and brushed back the strands of silver hair that lay tangled down to her shoulders. She began to feel much younger and stronger, but it was only wishful thinking. Potions could give her a teasing of both, but that was it.
Madge crossed to the other side of the room, wooden floor boards creaking underneath her musty black boots. The heels clicked softly with her passing.

A reading desk sat in the corner, and a dusty tome sprawled along the top. Strange words and symbols were etched onto the crinkled pages, the lettering written in blood. She leafed through until she found the proper incantation, then closed the book with a snap.
"Long ago, I could recite nearly every line of verse in half that script. But now....." The old woman shook her head, again being overcome with remorse.
"More’s the pity, old hag, I’ve had my turn. The wheels of time roll on without stopping, and my moment has arrived to step aside. Only fond memories, no regrets."

The old woman’s gaze wandered the trappings of the cottage, her domain for countless years. Yes, fate had treated her well, there was no denial.
"And now, my friend, who has served me so well these many years. Will you answer the summons yet again, on this night of all nights?
Madge spread her arms wide in appeal, pale yellow eyes closed in concentration. The wind picked up outside, and tree branches scratched against the window panes, bent stick arms moving in wooden animation, responding to the surge of dark power that was building within the cottage.

There was a flash of brilliance radiating from a section of stone next to the fireplace, and a secret panel was revealed. From the compartment emerged a long broom, stark in opaque blackness, levitating towards the old woman.
"Ha ha ha, come to me! It is our time again. The sisters await!"
The broom continued floating, and it came within the crone’s eager grasp as it throbbed with power, pulsating with diabolical energy.
Madge held the broom up triumphantly, and opened the front door. A strong breeze was blowing, and fallen leaves covered the mossy earth. Sinister figures crouched within the surrounding shadows, lurking among the trees.

It was Halloween night, and spirits of the nights had awakened in unholy celebration.
Madge sat astride the enchanted broom, and up she flew to meet with her fellow sisters of the coven. This was her last time as the coven leader, and a new one would be sworn in this Hallow’s Eve.
She gazed up at the awaiting sky, spotting others of her wicked brethren. It was Halloween night, and for the last time, into that magical night, rode the form of the witch, on her last moonlight ride.'

Andy stopped and sighed. Looking around her she realised that the story had gone on longer than she thought and they had walked now quite a distance into the forest. It was so much darker and denser here. Even there lumos glowing wands weren't much use in this darkness.

Kiera turned to grin at Andy. "That was an interesting story but not very scary. I could tell you a true scary story that would keep you out of the Borely Mansion forever." she said as she looked away from Andy. She had a long fresh scar on her arm from last week's dream.

"Well I could have gone for the scare factor but I figured it's scary enough here anyway, but go on I'd love to hear your story", Andy raised her wand a bit higher, they really had gone far now, she couldn't make out anything but dense woodland around them.

Amy trod through the undergrowth with precaution as she listened to Andys story. It was getting much more dense now and she tried treading softly on the ground. "Go on then Keira, tell us!" Amy said encouragingly.

Kiera smiled and took a deep breath. "Last year I thought it would be fun to go look at Borely Mansion. I was standing on the hill wondering how the house had killed two girls. Soon two Professors and two of my friends joined me. We were about to leave when the house literly pull me and my two friends inside. It was dragging us leaving bruises.

Once we were inside the floor stuck to all of us. It hurt and we couldnt move. Then the ghost of one of the dead girls appeared. It hurried off to get Professor King. He tried to pull me off of the floor using magic. It didnt work and managed to break my ankle and my arm and rip my shoulder out of socket. For some reason the house had a really strong hold on me. He left me to free my two friends. They both got free and were rushed to the hosptial wing. He finally freed me but not before I lost conciousness. I woke up in the hospital wing.

It gets stranger. I had dreams while I was unconcious and they were all forms of my friends and I being tourtured in that house. It was awful but I continued to have these dreams and I still do. My friends also have the same types of dreams. The weird part is they can actually hurt us. We get bruises and cuts from them. They dont happen as often now though." Kiera said as an end to her story. She looked into the dark forest. They were deep deep into it.

Amy was in complete shock after hearing Keiras story. She was unsure as to what to say that could possibly be significant enough on this occassion. Then she paused slightly as a random thought crept into her head. "Where is the Borely mansion?".

"Oh my goodness" Andy didn't know what else to say, she looked ahead at Keira and couldn't even begin to imagine what they must have gone through.
"How do you heal your wounds now? Do they just appear when you wake up or what?"
Andy was in shock, this was a trued horror story and had happened to one of her Gryffindor sisters.

Kiera smiled at them both. "The Borely Mansion is in Brightstone Village. Its a little out of the way and looks run down." she said answering Amy' question. She stopped walking and turned over her arm. There was a long cut down it that had started to heal. There was a bruise on her upper arm as if someone had grabbed her. "They are there when we wake up. They heal themselves and are gone after about two weeks. They only hurt when I first wake up." she said with a slight smile.

Keira shook her head. "No it wont do any good. Ive been there before with a different nurse. It cant be stopped. It used to happen every night but no its only like once a month." she answered as she too walked further into the forest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back