Pure Russian Fudge

Tala Ivanov

OOC First Name
Renee
Wand
Yew Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Tala dragged Derrik all the way to the Gryffindor common. Telling him to wait outside he muttered the password and quickly ran inside when the portrait opened. Not even looking around the room he ran to his dorm and flung himself on the floor next to his bed and stuck his hand under it, feeling around for the box of fudge. He let a triumphant grin appear on his face as his hand landed on box. He pulled the the box out and leapt to his feet. Running, he made it to the portrait quickly and pushed it open. He threw Derrik a smile as he grabbed him by the hand and ran, laughing away from the Gryffindor common room, down all the stairs and out of the castle. He stopped running when they hit the lawn. He doubled over to catch his breath "You" He took a breath "You'd think...they should...have elevators at least...For all those stairs" He said falling over backwards onto the grass, laughing as he went.

Derrik was dragged all the way to the Gryffindor common room area. He waited outside for Tala while he went to retrieve the so called "box of fudge". Finally when Tala appeared once more Tala grabbed him and they both ran down the Grand Stair case. When they hit the lawn, Derrik collapsed on the grass.

"Yeah..you have....a point...but just because....I'm skinny...doesn't mean....that I....can run fast." Derrik said as he almost started to laugh.

Tala let out a small chuckles and threw one arm over his face. "But..you have longer legs" He said trying to even out his breathing by taking steady deep breaths. "Ugh, I never want to walk up stairs ever again" He said as he lifted the box of Fudge up with his free hand. "Mmmm...sent to my Mama from my Grandmama all they way from Russia and Homemade to boot" He said happily, moving his arm off his face, his breathing steady now.

Derrik wasn't having that much of a hard time breathing.
"That means nothing. So what if I can....get longer distances? Derrik at this rate didn't care about anything else other than that chocolate in the box. He'd never had any other chocolate other than the ones he used to get when he was at home or the few new ones that he's tried here at Hogwarts.

Tala saw that Derrik's gaze was on the box in his hand and smirked. He moved the box up then down. His smirk widened when he saw Derrik's gaze follow the movements. Like a cat He thought as he continued to move the box left, right, up and down. "Want some Fudge?" He asked innocently.

Derrik followed the movements of the box.

"No fair. You're teasing me." Derrik somewhat like that Tala teased him but this was just plain wrong. Derrik hated when be was being teased, especially with candy.

Tala let out a giggle. "You know you love me" He said as he stopped moving the box and set it down in front of him. He hadn't even opened it yet. He undid the flaps and pulled up the lid. sitting inside was the fudge, cut into small bite-sized squares and on top was a letter. He pulled out the letter and looked it over. "Oh it's from Grandmama" He said with a grin. Tala placed it to the side and picked out two pieces of fudge. "Here you go Derrik" He said with a grin, handing him a piece.

Derrik knew that Tala's statement was true...but to what extent. And to keep in thought, they just met not long ago. Derrik was almost about to knock Tala away from the box and eat the whole thing himself. This is how much Derrik wanted to try this new fudge. He saw that there was a letter from Tala's Grandma. He figured that his knew friend should read it but of course it was probably something personal.

Once Tala picked out two pieces, Derrik was almost turning into a broke water sprinkler. Derrik was so tempted to eat it so much that we would've eaten the fudge right out of Tala's hands. Quickly Derrik grabbed it and stuffed his mouth with the chocolate. For once in a life time, this was amazing.

The chocolate was so good. It quickly melted and had the rich taste of hot coco. Derrik relaxed back into the grass and was almost in amazement. He turned to look at Tala,

"Tala, oh my God. Why didn't you tell me that these were so good?" Derrik was into his chocolate, he didn't think he had heard himself ask the question.

Tala let out a laugh and bit on the corner of his piece. He had learnt over the years that you never eat this fudge fast, but he wasn't about to tell Derrik that. Plus he wanted to savior the taste. His eyes lit up as he took another bite. It had been a few months since he had had his Grandmama's fudge, and it tasted even better than he remembered.

"I did tell you"
He said pushing the box over to Derrik "Make sure you save some for me" He grinned. He liked seeing Derrik happy. His eyes dropped to the letter. I'll read it later.

Derrik thought about it. Why would Tala give him the whole box? Maybe he was just being really nice.

"Sure. If you catch me not eating it all." Derrik smiled as he took the next one and savored every piece of it.

"So, what do you want to get out of the school?" It was a pretty blunt question but the answers could branch out to many places.

"I'm sure I'll be able to stop you" He said finishing off his piece and reached in for another. "hmmm....that's a difficult question" he thought about it for a few minutes while he nibbled on his fudge. "I have no idea. Being muggleborn there are so many new opportunities for me." he shrugged "what about you?"

"Funny that you mention that. I too am the same way. I thought I was pure muggle born but apparently when I got the letter, things just...changed." Derrik remembered when he got his acceptance letter. Derrik grabbed another piece. Before he know it, there was a whole mask of chocolate over his mouth.

Tala looked up at Derrik to say something and choked it back as he fought off laughter. But he couldn't contain himself and let it out, almost falling over in the process. "I....I'm sorry Derrik" he said between giggles. He tried not to look at him directly or else he'd laugh again.

Derrik could tell that Tala wanted to tell him something but couldn't quite put his finger on it.

"What do you mean? What are you sorry for?" Derrik was almost beyond puzzled.

Tala couldn't get the words out so he tried to tell him through gestures. He began wiping his face with his hand, hoping he would get what it meant. How many times had this happened to him? He could see why his brother would tease him about it.

Derrik saw that Tala was making gestures over his mouth. Then Derrik took a finger and wiped near his mouth. A wad of chocolate came off. Then quickly he stared wiping the rest of the chocolate off.

"Why couldn't you tell me that sooner? I just made myself look like a pig and a fool at the same time." Derrik didn't mind but hey, it didn't hurt to have manners for little things.

Tala burst out laughing again. "I'm sorry...I couldn't get it out" He said trying to stop them. Usually when he starts laughing it's hard for him to stop. "Don't worry. You didn't look like a pig or a fool to me." He said with a smile.

Derrik turned to hide his face.

"How do I know that?...what if you're just saying that to make me feel better." Derrik figured that he'd get back at Tala for something he did earlier. But he would need to see if Tala was fall into the trap.

Tala snorted "I know all the tricks in the book Derrik." He said smiling at him "I am the younger brother" He took another piece of fudge and bit into it, licking his lips, just in case any chocolate ended up on them. "Hmm must ask Grandmama to send me more"

Derrik was a little mad now. Since he was the younger brother, he knew all the tricks like he had mentioned.

"You're lucky...so that means I won't be able to pull any tricks on you." Then he heard Tala mentioned that he would send a letter to his grandmother to send more.

"Oh please, tell her to send more. Plus I'd love to met her if her cooking is this great."

Tala leaned over and patted Derrik's shoulder. "Don't worry, I'm sure you will find a way to trick me" he grinned. So he wanted to meet his Grandmama? He let out a small chuckle. "We will see, She does live in Russia after all" then again, that letter. He thought to himself.

Derrik grinned a bit.
"Well the next time that we have a school break and you go home, you can invite me over. That would be awesome. But of course you should owl them first."

Then Derrik remembered about the letter that was in the box. Maybe Tala would read it in front of Derrik but that was up to him.

Tala shook his head "Mama and Papa moved over to New Zealand" He said. Though they may go over there in the holidays. "I'm gonna quickly read the letter." He picked it up and opened it. as he scanned over the writing a grin appeared on his face and grew bigger the further though he got. He let out a delighted laugh when he was finished. "If your Mama could let you stay with me for a week or two in the holidays, you'd meet her." he said "Her and Grandpapa are coming over for a holiday. That and they told me my cousin was going to be getting married."

Derrik watched as Tala read the letter. He noticed that as Tala read more his smile grew wider and wider.

"That would be awesome! I'm totaly sure that my mom would allow it. But sadly I don't have an owl so if you have one, mind if I send a letter to my mum? Oh and congrats for your cousin."

Derrik thought of the idea of staying somewhere else in New Zealand or going to Russia. Either one would do just fine.

Tala nodded. "I do have an owl you can use" He said with a grin. "My parents wouldn't mind it either, actually they would be happy that I have made a friend" He patted Derrik's head. He doesn't know why he does that, but it just feels like something he should do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back