On Patrol

"I think I got what you mean" he replied. Lou was starting to get in his guy groove on. "I think I can do that"

"I agree" Lou said.

(((i will be working on a paper but will keep checking back for the go - i hope to be heading to bed in half an hour or so)))

(((ok i am out for the night. hope to be online over lunch tomorrow and then tomorrow night.)))

Kaela had sort of dazed out, which was usual as of late. She suddenly snapped back to reality with a shake of her head and looked around. There were two boys in the room whom she had never seen before, but she decided not to ask. She just stood, waiting for instructions of some sort, unsure as to what was going on.

Lily as Lou noticed the odd look on Kaela's face. She decided to play with her a tiny bit, as practice for the Professor.

Lou walked up to Kaela, "You must be really tired, cause you have been running though my mind all day!" Lou smiled at Kaela, wondering what she would do, and how long before Lily's laugh would just have to come out.

Courtney picked up the tray of chocolates from the desk and handed it to Lou. "Okay, go for it. We've waited long enough. Remember on this tray there are puking pastilles, fever fudge, nosebleed nougat, headmistress hair candy, secrecy drop, and a bikini bite. As soon as she eats the candy, and you make it back in here safely, Kaela and I will throw the darkness powder and detonater."

Kaela made an awkward look at Lou, quite confused :blink:

"Uhm...right..." she said, nodding slowly.

Kaela's attention was then diverted to Courtney. She nodded, just hearing the plan for the first time.

"Okay guys sounds good...I'll chuck in my Pigmy Puff if I feel so desired too..." Hilary smiled.

Lou laughed at Kaela's reaction. He thought it was probably the lamest line around, but worth a good laugh.

Courtney showed her the tray of candies and said it was time. Lou knew exactly what to do.

He slowly opened the door and peeked out into the hallway. There was no sign of the Professor, which was good. She didn't want to give away their position. Lou walked down the hall, looking for the Professor. The goal was to convince the Professor to take a candy and lure her back twords the room so they can put out the lights.

Lou finally saw her on patrol, and wandered up to her, hoping this would work.

"Professor Heimdahl, there you are!" he exclaimed."I noticed that you were not at the party, so I thought I would be nice and bring you a few treats from the hall. Care for a candy?" Lou held the tray up, hoping that the Professor did not recognize any of the candies there as being a trick.

Hill sat silently in the room listening to the goings on out in the hallway. He held his breath waiting for a response.

Professor Heimdall jumped slightly at the sound of the young boy speaking to her. "Young man you should be at the party." She noticed the tray of candy he was holding and remembered it was the halloween feast. She had decided not to go as she couldn't come up with a reasonable costume.

She lifted a colourful piece off the tray and said "Thank you, now you need to go back to the party and enjoy yourself." Sticking the candy in her pocket she waited for the boy to leave.

"Oh, the feast is over already" Lou said with a grin, "and since you weren't there to share in the fun I thought you should be able to at least have one piece of candy with a student, you know, to celebrate Halloween."

Lou picked up what he hoped was a hair candy to be able to eat one with the professor. "come on, I will even walk along with you on your patrol."

He smiled at the professor in what Lily hoped was a very convincing smile, but not a creepy one.

Professor Heimdall eyed the young man suspiciously. He was a bit odd and seemed a little too keen but perhaps he was just an over achiever. He didn't seem nerdy but you never know with kids these days.

"Umm okay...I gues you could come, but isn't that tray of candy heavy. You have so much on it. It looks like you are expecting a party. What kinds have you got on there?" She said to him fondly the piece she had in her pocket.

((As excited as I am for my impending doom, I will tell you, I'll be away from Saturday afternoon til Monday afternoon so be patient. :-W ))

Lou tried not to look anxious, but calm.

"I don't know what I grabbed. I just grabbed a little of everything on the table. I wasn't sure what you would like."

Lou held the tray with ease so the Professor wouldn't get suspicious that he had anything funny on the tray.

(((not a problem, since you are being so cooperative I will be patient. :D btw, are we walking back twords the room?)))

"Well that was awfully kind of you to think about me." She had started to walk down the hall from whence the boy had come. "Tell me young man, what is your name and what house are you in?" The Professor still had not eaten any of the candy but had taken it out of her pocket and she looked at it while she walked. She had never been much of a candy eater but as it was Halloween she considered it.

((I'll be gone now until Monday evening, get the kleenex, it's gonna be a bloody evening. oh and ps please don't hurt me too badly, I'm sensitive))

"I'm sorry Professor, my name is Lou. I didn't realize I hadn't told you that" he said with a laugh "I can be so forgetful sometimes. Once I was heading out to Hogsmeade and I realized after I got there that I had left my coins back in my trunk and had to come all the way back to get them before I could go out and get my supplies. Have you been to the new ice cream parlor yet? I heard that it is pretty nice."
Lily hoped that Lou didn't sound like an idiot blathering on, but she wanted to distract the professor from grilling him on what house he was in. She didn't want to lie, but couldn't really claim Ravenclaw and get them all busted.

(((no worries. you won't be hurt, promise! just a little bewildered and confused. and, hmmm, can i guess what kind of candy you picked up? lol)))

"No, I'm afraid I haven't been to the ice cream parlor yet." Professor Heimdall eyed the young man with suspicion. He was acting rather strangely but again, being Hogwarts, that probably wasn't unusual. They continued to wander down the empty hall way. Patrolling on this night was going to be uneventful, so she thought. Absent mindedly the Professor unwrapped the candy and popped it into her mouth. She suddenly felt a very strange pressure in her head, behind her eyes. And her nose began to run. Instinctively she pulled out her hankerchiff and dabbed her nose. To her horror it was spotted with blood. The pressure behind in her head and sinuses was much stonger now and the blood was starting to drip from her nose into her hands. Her eyes began to water and she started to feel faint. Blood was not a friend to the professor, it always made her woozy.

"What was in that candy you gave me?" she spoke with horror at the young man. She slowly edged her way to the wall and leaned against it. "Please, get me some help, I really don't....feel...so...very good." The hallway began to spin and it took all her strength just to hold herself up. She applied pressure to the bridge of her nose but the flow would not stop. Her vision got foggy and she was sure she would faint.

Professor Manteia had just finished patrolling the lower three corridors and was on his way to the library to see if some of the new Arithmancy reference books that he had ordered for the library had arrived yet when he came across Professor Heimdall and a student in the fourth floor corridor. Much to his dismay, blood was pouring from Professor Heimdall's nose and it appeared that she was about to faint. He moved swiftly across the corridor with his long stride and quickly placed his arm around the professor to provide her with support should she fall.

Professor Manteia turned towards the student and barked at him. "What has happened here? Why is her nose bleeding?", he demanded in a serious tone.

Lou was stunned to see a professor he did not know suddenly appear. He hoped that the others did not go thru with throwing the darkness powder while he was around, being as he was kinda scary.

"I really don't know what happened. I came up from the feast with some candy for the Professor since she wasn't at the party and she ate one and this happened." Lou started frantically looking for the cure candy for the nougat. "Are you allergic to anything that would cause a nosebleed?"

Lou knew exactly what was going on, but didn't want the other professor to know what was going on. He was willing to take the fall for the rest, but hoped he didn't have to. He finally located the remedy, and hoped that he would be able to slip it to the Professor without the scary one noticing.

Ignoring the rambling student, Professor Heimdall looked up at the dark man standing holding her up. Blood still pouring from her nose and her head ache getting worse, she felt very sick to her stomach.

"I don't know what happened." she managed to say while spitting blood on the floor in front of her. "Please make it stop....how did this happen?"

She looked at the professor with pleading eyes and then at the boy. "Why did you do this to me...?" and again more blood was spit out on to the floor.

Courtney was listening to all of the commotion with an extendable ear. She was beginning to panic. Lily was out there with two professors. She looked over to Kaela for direction.

Realizing Lily didn't have much time to escape, she grabbed a handful of instant darkness powder and threw it into the corridor. She then stepped out of the room and tossed the detonater towards the area in which all of the commotion was taking place. Once she heard the detonater go off, she ran back into the classroom, hoping Lily would manage to do the same.

As Lou clutched the candy that would cure the nosebleed, the lights went out. Lily realized that someone threw the darkness powder, and then a detonator went off down the hall away from the classroom door. She pushed the candy into the Professor's hand and groped her way into the classroom and shut the door behind her.

"Wow that was close!" she said. "Think we should get out of here before the darkness powder lifts?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back