Letting of steam...

"It's gotten me here, hasn't it?" She snapped back with a stony look. She was beginning to really hate prefects.
Before Estrella could reply, she began to walk away. Artemis, still on her shoulder, hissing at the small crowd behind her.

"I wish it would take you away," Estrella snapped under her breath, as Athene walked away from them. She considered giving that snake and Athene the bird, but then thought better of it. Her cousin Luke may not have hesitated, but being a prefect came with the responsibility of rationality. She turned back to Anastasia and Mohindra. She simply shook her head. Some of these first years just thought they were hot stuff.

Anastasias frustration was building up inside her, it made her happy that unlike the students at Hogwarts; she had the choice to be in the precence of such a snot like that girl.

Anastasias eyes fixed on the Slytherin girl and her stupid snake. Without hesitation as she walked away she raised her girly voice, "Hey you!!" at that she didn't even wait for her to turn back or respond; she flashed a popular gesture that was infamously used back home in California on the freeway.
('the bird' :O) ...since Estrella couldn't do it, I thought Anastasia could help her out )

It took everything inside her to keep herself from laughing and not break the serious look on her face.

Estrella's face lit up in laughter, knowing that she never would be gutsy enough to do that as a prefect. Knowing that Athene was gone, she squealed, "Anastasia, that was hilarious! I wonder why the heck I've never hung out with you before!" It was true; the girl knew her style. "Did you come from the States?"

"I don't know. I didn't have many friends when I was here." Anastasia said truthfully with a slight shrug at the shoulders. In reality the only people that she had formed friendships with were Bruin, Stormie and Kale; and she hadn't spoken to any of them since days before her death. She barely had even spoken to Estrella and she liked her already, she was thinking the same question that she was.

Anastasia smiled brightly at Estrella, "Yep. I'm from California." she took a look at the first year girl who was very quiet and looked back in Estrella's way, "Where are you from?" she asked happily.

Estrella grinned back at the form of the ghost, her expression bright. "Cali? I've never been that far West. Back at my uncle's, the only thing you could call a vacation was a trip up north to the Lake. I've lived in Minnesota most of my life," she explained.

"Hey Mo," Epsilon said pleasantly as he neared his sister. "Sorry I'm late I got a bit caught up with things."

He smiled and nodded a friendly greeting at the ghost and the third year.

"Oh, hi," Estrella replied, smiling weakly. Mohindra's brother looked entirely too old to be a student. "Do you work here?" she asked.

"Yeah," Epsilon replied, smiling again, "I'm the new librarian."

Glancing impishly at his sister he went on, "So has Mo here about chewed your ears off yet?"

Estrella smiled back at the man. "No, she hasn't," she said, wondering why he would think Mohindra would talk a lot. Or maybe he was being sarcastic?

Mohindra rolled her eyes, shifting the strap of her bag so it would hang more comfortably on her shoulder. She had half a mind to swing the thing at her brother just to be playful but thought better of it. The thing weighed about a ton and either way... she wasn't inclined to playful behavior anymore anyway.

Epsilon glanced at his sister for a moment, sensing that she'd held something back yet again. He made a note of it, planning to ask her about it later but for now he turned back to Estrella, not wanting to put his sister on the spot.

"So how'd you two stumble into one another? Any classes together or something?" He asked, changing the subject before Mohindra could get nervous.

"Nah," Estrella replied, "I'm a third year." She glanced at Mohindra. "By the way, I meant to ask you, enjoying classes?"

"Um, yeah... I think so." Mohindra replied uncertainly, chewing her lip thoughtfully. "I think it'll take awhile to get used to things though."

"It'll get better, trust me," Estrella said, grinning, and readjusting her pack so that it would be more comfortable. She was glad that break was coming up, and was looking forward to going back to Carlisle's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back