Letting of steam...

Estrella smirked. "If you're trying to scare me with parseltongue, Athene, it's not working. One of my better friends is a parselmouth."

Mohindra glanced at the Slytherin girl and her snake, her eyes returning to their formerly dark and frozen state. She couldn't understand what the girl was saying but years of isolation had fine tuned most of her senses, making it quite easy to pick up on the fact that her words weren't without hostility.

Rising to her feet with an eerie grace, Mohindra gathered her things and tucked them safely into her bag.

Athene started. Was Drage a parselmouth too? She must be, she thought. I didn't speak in a threatening tone, I even thought i'd spoken quietly enough for her not to hear. This deduction worried her slightly, though she wasn't sure why. She didn't reply to the Slytherin, and instead shot her an icy glare.

She observed the other girl, who seemed about her own age. She had begun to pack away her bag, and Athene hoped Drage would be leaving with her.

Estrella noticed that Athene had started, and smirked. She was not intimidated by the first year Slytherin, no matter how snotty she may be.

However, the situation was becoming quite uncomfortable. She looked back to Mohindra and asked, "You going anywhere?"

daniel thought that the discussion had started without him and was better if he just walked out.And he did

Anastasia glided down from the high ceilings of the sixth floor corridor, she noticed a small group of kids standing around and drifted slowly down toward them. It had been a long while since she had made herself seen by anyone, especially students. She had been stuck in that evil mansion that took her life away, Anastasia recognized the Ravenclaw girl that was in her classes when she attended the school; but didn't remember her name and was still afraid what people may think of her if she made herself seen...in her ghostly form.

Apprehensive of what the others may think, she slowly appeared a few feet away from the others, Anastasua could sense tension within their area & assumed that a disagreement of some sort broke out inbetween them.

Mohindra shifted slightly from one foot to the other, chewing her lip thoughtfully. She didn't really have anywhere in particular to go to, at least not without her brother, and though the Slytherin girl's hostil behavior may have served to disquiet her, it certainly wasn't going to be enough to frighten her off.

"Not really." She sighed tiredly to Estrella, her mouth forming the beginings of a smile. "My legs just fell asleep."

Estrella shivered a bit, feeling suddenly cold. "Is there someone else here?" she asked, wondering inwardly to herself if Rose was playing a joke on her or something. She turned back to Mohindra. "I hate when my legs fall asleep."

Nodding, Mohindra tugged her coat tighter around her shoulders and set her jaw to keep it from chattering as she tried to focus on the conversation at hand. For her, ghosts were one of those gray area things: believe in them too much and people thought you were crazy; try to ignore them and you missed something important. For the most part, Mohindra just tried to play it safe ignored them while under the public eye.

Turning toward Estrella, she tried to keep the conversation rolling. "Have you ever read the book, A Tale of Insanity?"

Estrella raised her eyebrow, only smiling back at the first year. "Never heard of it."

"It's pretty interesting," Mohindra went on, running her fingers along the spine. "It's about a girl that everyone's deemed insane because she keeps seeing someone that no one else can see and..." she paused catching herself, before she continued, "well I wouldn't want to ruin it for you and if I keep going I know I'm going to. Take my word for it though, the author practically drove herself nuts writing this one."

Estrella smiled encouragingly, thinking that the title seemed interesting but Mohindra was kind of out of it. "Do you know where I could get a copy?" she asked, never having seen it at Flourish and Blott's, or any muggle store for that matter."

Anastasia tapped on Estrella's shoulder when she asked the younger girl about a certain book and let out a girlie giggle, her apperance was now fully visible but only a misty fog. She awknowledged the first year Gryffindor girl by flashing her a bright smile, Anastasia remembered her first year vividly.

Mohindra blinked, her face flushing slightly at the sight of the ghost. Stammering slightly she forced herself to stick with the conversation. "It's... um... it's rather hard to find. It was first published in America sometime around 2010. I'm not sure how well it did then, being one of those outside the box ideas and all, but I like it well enough."

Estrella shivered, feeling as if someone was touching her shoulder. "Who's there?" she stammered, and jumped comically as she heard the girly giggle. "Who is it?"

Anastasia sensed that she was making the two girls uncomfortable and hesitated to speak, "Anastasia" she replied to Estrella's question, her voice was girlier then ever. "Sorry, I don't mean to intervene your discussion." she added backing up a bit.

Estrella turned to look at the ghost, now getting a good image of her. At first, she hadn't been able to see her at all. And now, she remembered.. Anastasia had been that other girl who had died in the Borely Mansion. She shuddered just thinking of that place.

"It's alright. You just creeped me out a bit," Estrella said, smiling weakly at Anastasia, "I thought you were Rose."

Mohindra watched to Estrella and the ghost talking for a moment, then, assuming that she'd been excluded, she took a step away. Her hearing was too acute to avoid overhearing the conversation but at the very least she prefered to give the appearence that she wasn't listening.

Footsteps down the hall caught her attention then and she looked up quickly to see who it was.

Epsilon wandered down the hall, a smile on his face, having already spotted his sister. He was a bit surprised to find her already making friends but took it as a good omen. At least now he wouldn't have to nag her about it now, since she'd already made an effort.

Athene watched the girls discussion angrily. Here she had been, in the peace and quiet, only to be disturbed by a bunch of gossiping girls and a..a ghost.
"Come on Artemis," she hissed quietly. "We'll go elsewhere."
She stormed up to the girls and pushed past them, accidentally walking straight into the ghost. She felt suddenly as though she had been doused in water, and she gasped, then turned to glare at the semi-transparent girl.
"They shouldn't let ghosts into the castle," she muttered loudly to her self. "I mean, what use are they? All they do is get in the way."

"Excuse me," Estrella snapped, "You're not going to do very well with that kind of attitude at this school." She glared back at Athene with her dark eyes. "Ghosts have as much right to be here as you do. If you don't like it, then leave."

Mohindra smiled back at her brother, then turned back toward the other girls. "Besides," She murmured, adding her own two cents, "the most of the ghost's were here first, so really its more like we're the ones to be tolerated. We're more likely to be the ones that get in their way."

Anastasia shot the rude Slytherin girl a nasty look, if she wasn't transperant she would have settled the issue with the snotty girl with a slap across the girls face. She decided not to respond to the girls comment, not wanting to add fuel to the fire.

As the two girls defended her, she smiled at them both, "I'm sorry for startling you." she said with her head hung low. In her new form she couldn't necissarily 'socialize' as much as she would have when she was alive, a majority of the time she creeped other kids out at the school. Especially the kids who were muggle born.

"I'm Anastasia." she said holding out her hand happily, and with an embarassed sigh pulled it back quickly; realizing that holding out her hand was no use since they couldn't shake it. Anastasia looked at Estrella for a moment, trying to put her face with a name, she definitely recognized her but couldn't remember exactly who she was, "I'm terribly sorry, but what is your name again? I remember you." she said smiling, trying to cover up how stupid she felt. "And I'm guessing that you're new?" she said to the younger girl, hoping that both girls would introduce themselves. She had been extremely lonesome the past couple of monthes and was happy to be speaking with real people.

Athene laughed at Estrella. "just as much right as me? i'm here to learn. To become someone important. Here to live. What reasons do the ghosts have to be here? What right? They just float around all day. They never do anything useful." She ignored Mohindra, not even looking at her.

Estrella smiled weakly back at Anastasia. "Estrella Drage," she said, not having known the ghost much when she was alive. If she hadn't been a prefect, and if she was a bit younger, she probably would have attacked Athene a long time ago. But being the older and more mature one, she decided not to let Athene get under her skin.

"Think whatever you want, Athene, it's a free country," she finally replied snottily, "But with freedom of speech also comes hatred. And rudeness isn't going to get you anywhere."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back