anyone want to be friends?

Pungahn Naihanchi

Pungahn walked out of the castle and on to the lawn. she had some free time and thought it would be good to relax in the shade. she watched the activity around her as she leaned against a tree and thought of all the things she had done so far and what she would do later.

Courtney saw a girl relaxing on a tree, she had seen her before but hadn't really gotten to know her, "Hi I'm Courtney, I hope you don't mind me joining you."

"of course not," Pungahn said sitting up a bit, excited to meet someone new. "Hi. my name is Pungahn Naihanchi. im 14. who are you?" Pungahn smiled and extended her hand, waiting for a handshake.

Courtney was glad the girl was welcoming, it was always nice to make new friends. "I'm Courtney Potter, I'm 12, and a Ravenclaw student!"

"Courtney POTTER, you say? any relation to the great Harry Potter who defeated Voldemort?"

ooc: Can I join?

Bellatrix walked up to the group. "It's funny, whats a Ravenclaw and a Hufflepuff doing talking to each other? Are you both non-pure blood? That would make it a bit more acceptable."

"oh, hi Bellatrix. nice to see you again. personally i am mixed blood, but that doesn't mean anything. we can talk to others outside our houses if we want to.... have you met Courtney Potter yet?"

Alex gave a little laugh, "Mixed blood doesn't matter? No I haven't met Potter, hopefully your not realated to that oaf Harry Potter."

Courtney was surprised at the comments Bellatrix was making, "I don't really think it matters whether anyone is pure or mixed blood. Both of my parents are wizards, but I have muggle grandparents. And to answer your question, I'm not related to Harry Potter, not that I know of. So, how have you two been enjoying classes?"

well, this first week was easy, considering all it was was introductions. im not looking forward to the essay i have to write for History of Magic. i can't wait for charms class. it should be fun. at least i have DADA in the meantime.

"Oh how stupid to think that pure blood isin't what matters, it will get you what you want. And my classes are fine." she said.

Bellatrix, the fact that you are a pure blood and a slytherin i don't hold against you. however we can't change our birth and our lineage is forever un-pure.

"Really? What has it gotten you so far?" Courtney said in response to Bellatrix. She turned to Pungahn, "Yeah I just wrote that history of magic essay, I thought it would be easiest just to get it over with."

"I try and respect everyone, regardless of their blood status. I mean, I know some wizards respect only pure blooded wizards. But its not really someone's choice which type of family they are born into. So I try and be fair to everyone."

Courtney did not want to end up fighting with her peer, so she stayed calm. "But what if two muggles have a magical child, and that magical child goes off to marry another wizard or witch? It's not the childs fault for being muggle born, and it's not the parents fault, they had no idea their child would be magical. And once the muggle born marries the wizard or witch, their family will never be pure blooded."

Courtney suddenly had a funny thought, "What if in the future muggles found out about the wizarding world, and Hogwarts had muggle tours? Personally I think it would be a hoot to watch!"

"But I really do think muggles and pure blood wizards both deserve the same amount of respect, thats my opinion."

Pungahn had been watching their conversation from the side. she completely agreed with Courtney, although she would not let that get between a friendship if she could help it.

"anyway, i gotta go to work now. she you guys later perhaps?"

on a side note, the explorer meeting will be in a day or two depending on size of club at that time.

Courtney turned to Punghan, "Yeah, I'm looking forward to the meeting, I'll definitely be there! And enjoy your time at work, just think, you're actually making money, not spending it! Lucky"

Pungahn smiled and waved goodbye to her new friends as she headed towards Hogsmeade.

"How dare you put Muggles and Pure bloods in the same sentence making them seem equal!" Bellatrix practically shouted.

"How DARE YOU claim that you deserve more respect than some of the students's muggle born parents? To me, you all deserve equal respect, and should be treated equally."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back