Waiting for Bruin and Heath

((Awesome, just awesome...I am still laughing...too bad Fia ain't here...I've got to go now myself...perhaps we can finish up this little thread L8R))

(((ooc: Sorry that I disappear for long periods of time. Between work and friends, I'm sometimes out for a while. :()))

"I'm not sure what it was," Fia said, looking in the direction she thought the sound had come from, "but I doubt that it's..." Fia trailed off. There was shadow coming across the floor towards them...a shadow that had no body. She froze, horrified. "Heath, Bruin," she said sharply, in an extremely scared whisper, "we need to get out of here. But we need to move silently and slowly, with no sudden moves."

MADDIIE WALKED FREAOULSEY TOWARD THE NORTH TOWARDS.

"YOU UNGRATEFUL AAAGH' MADDIIE SCREAMED AT HEATH AND BRUIN. 'OF COURSE THE TROPHY ROOM CLEAN, I DID IT. THAT IS NOT FAIR I BUSTED MY BEHIND CLEANING THAT ROOM AND YOU TAKE CREDIT' MADDIIE WAS CLOSE TO TEARS. "IM OFF."

Bruin looked at Fia helplessly..."Uh, so much for silently and slowly...", he whispered, referring to Maddie's outburst.... "I'm not opposed to running though, if it would make you feel better?", noting fear in Fia's voice for the first time.

The shadow on the floor seemed to speed up, abdoning all caution, Fia yelled, "RUN!" She turned to go, but tripped. She reached out for something... anything, but her hands groped air, alone. She landed on the floor, hard, and it stunned her momentarily. Just long enough for the thing to crawl up on her. Fia gave blood-curdling scream as the creature came up to rest on her face. Her wand flew from her hand. All she could say was the word, "Help!" As it tightened around her nose and mouth.

Bruin was turning to run when he heard a loud thud, followed by Fia's call for "Help!". Something small hit him in the chest and clattered to the floor in the dark near his feet. He shone his flashlight in the direction of Fia's scream and saw her lying on the floor, clutching at something around her face, although between her flailing arms and the poor lighting it was difficult to figure out exactly what it was. Bruin ran to her side and attempted to grab hold of this thing attacking his friend with little success shouting "What is this???" in a panicked voice as he did so. :o

Fia was scared out of her mind, she couldn't breathe. She was going to suffocate. She was sruggling to push the creature off. She felt the creature come loose slightly and she was able to get a short breath in. She heard Bruin yell "What is this?" She realized that he was pulling on it as she was pushing it. She pushed again, hard and gasped, "Lethifold...Patronus... get someone." Before the Lethifold closed on her air passages again.

Fia continued struggling, she thought she may have heard someone running out of the room, and hoped they were going to get help. Slowly, from lack of air, Fia slipped in and out of consciousness, finaling going completely unconscious.

(((ooc: I have to go to work, won't be back till late tonight. Sorry!)))

Bruin realized that Fia needed help fast and that there was nothing he could do to help her. "Heath...you stay here with her...I'll run for help...", Bruin was terrified, not for his own safety, but for Fia's...he tore down the stairs three at a time and ran off down a corridor looking for help.

Heath drew his wand and ran to Fia's side and crouched down beside her, watching Bruin run for help.

Maddiie walked up to the north tower, hoping to aplogize to them two boys she scream at earlier. As soon as she go to the spot, she saw Fia laying on the ground hurt. Maddiie scream.

"What happen to her" Maddiie flew by Fia side. "What happen to her " she scream again." Pick her up , pick her up"Maddiie deamede at Heath. "Pick her up, take her to the hospital wing" Maddiie cried out.

Alicia followed Bruin up the last flight of stairs. "Oh, Fiammetta!" Alicia shouted as she leapt up the last four steps in one bound. "EXPECTO PATRONUM!!" she waved her wand with a flourish. A brilliant light blue badger erupted from the tip of her wand and lunged onto the Lethifold. The dangerous creature retreated quickly. "Fiammetta! My dear, are you okay?"

Fia came slowly into consciousness and saw a faint blue light and sillouhettes, thinking they were angels, Fia said, softly, "Am I dead?"

"No dear, you're going to be fine." Alicia knelt to the girl and lifted up her head. She pulled a chunk of chocolate out of her robes and broke it in half. "It seems to have drained you of a lot of your energy. Try to eat some of this, it should help." Alicia handed the chocolate to Fiammetta.

Bruin had been holding his breath since Alicia cast her spell and finally exhaled when Fia spoke... "Nah, you ain't dead, but you almost gave us all heart attacks!!!" Bruin turned to Alicia, "What was that spell anyways??? Because it was AWESOME!!!" he exclaimed full of excitement...

Alicia smiled up at Bruin. "That was a Patronus, Bruin. It's used to keep away very dark presences, especially Dementers and Lethifolds. I'm sure you'll be learning that in Defense Against the Dark Arts soon. It's a very advanced spell, though. Some adults can't even successfully perform one." Alicia looked back down at Fiammetta then directed her question at Bruin. "What were you doing up here? Where did you find the Lethifold?"

Fia looked at Bruin affectionately, it was nice to know that he was brave enough to try and pull the horrid creature off of her. Then she turned her attention to the Headmisstress's question. After taking a bite of chocolate, she felt a bit better. "Well," Fia said, deciding that honesty was the best policy, "I told Heath and Bruin to meet me here so we could have a look around North Tower. We began walking up, and decided to come into this room. We heard a noise, and then I saw a shadow come across the floor. I had just finished reading about Lethifolds and I became scared..." Fia faltered and glanced at Maddiee, she decided not to tell the Headmistress that Maddiie had burst in, "Then," she continued, "I yelled to Bruin and Heath to run, but, because I have amazing cooridination, I tripped. That's when the Lethifold attacked me." Fia stopped, remembering the sudden darkness upon her face, and sudden unableness to breathe.

"Hey, it's alright Fia..." Bruin said, sensing that she was reliving some of the traumatic experience, "...it's all over now. And it could've been any of us that that thing decided to attack, you just happened to be closest." Bruin turned to Alicia..."So, are we in trouble??? I mean, I didn't know that we weren't supposed to come up here..."

Maddiie sobbed a bit" Are you sure you okay? Maddiie asked Fia

Maddiie already what may have attacked her. Her Mother once told her as a child of Deamators. could it have been of them, she asked herself. Maybe?

Alicia smiled at both of the girls who seemed to be shaken up. Then she turned to Bruin. "No, you're not in trouble. The castle is yours to explore, of course, this just seemed like an out of the way place for you to just stumble upon." She continued smiling then stood up. "Fiammetta, do you think you'll be able to walk now?"

Fia smiled, a small one perhaps, but still a smile, and said, "I think so." She had been taking long breaths and, now that she was sure that it wasn't going to be taken away from her, slowly stood up. She was a bit shaky, but she was able to stand...fairly sturdily. She looked at Maddiie and gave her a small smile, "I'm fine Maddiie, really."

Bruin put an arm around Fia's shoulder and leaned over to whisper in her ear...
"Don't scare me like that again, alright?"...he loosened his grip a little and then said in a more normal voice "So, do you want to head back to Hufflepuff??? Or is there somewhere else you want to go for a bit?"

Touched at his concern, Fia whispered to Bruin, "I won't." Then said, "I think I'm gonna go back to Hufflepuff for a little while, I want to lay down for a bit." Then, thinking that she would be alright in a little while, said, "But we can meet up later if you'd like."

Bruin turned to the rest of the group and said in a load voice...."Alright then everyone, move along...the young lady would like to return to Hufflepuff for a well-deserved rest after her ordeal."

Bruin turned back to Fia for a moment, "So do you need a hand? Or are you okay to walk?"

Fia laughed at Bruin's announcement to the group. Addressing his question, she said, "I'm a bit lightheaded, but I think I can walk. She took a few shaky steps forward, but stopped suddenly, "Did you see where my wand landed?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back