Waiting for Bruin and Heath

A

Anonymous

Fiammetta made her way to North Tower, taking a seat on the floor outside the entrance. She was waiting for Bruin and Heath to come and join her. Pulling her copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them from her bag she thought, 'I can get some reading done while I wait.' She made herself comfortable, or as comfortable as you can be on a stone floor, and began on page one, Acromantulas.

Heath walks into the North Tower and looks around immediately spotting Fia reading by herself, he walks over to her "Hi" he says "Quite a day we had yesterday, huh?"

Fia jumped, she had been deep in reading about monstrous dark creatures called Lethifolds. "I'll say," she responded. "Sorry about falling on you...multiple times," she laughed. "I suppose we'll wait for Bruin and then get some exploring done."

(((ooc: I've got to go to work in about three quarters of an hour, so I won't be able to post for a few hours after that. Just thought I'd let you know.)))

"Hey guys...what's up?" Bruin said a little bit out of breath... "I never realized how big this place is....anyways, I don't have a lot of time today, but didn't want to miss out on anything good."

"Hey Heath, I just found out I have to clean out the trophy room tomorrow during my detention...are we doing it together at least???", Bruin asked hopefully.

"Yeah we are doing it together" Heath said smiling "Some punishment, huh?"

"Sorry about that guys," Fia said, still feeling guilty that she had not gotten a detention as well. Then she turned to the entrance of North Tower, slipping her book back into her bag and slinging it over her shoulder. "Shall we go then?" she asked, then, without waiting for an answer, she said "Lumos!" and her wand tip lit. She entered the dark tower.

Bruin pulled out his wand slowly and paused. He had yet to attempt the lumos spell that everyone else appeared to know, in fact, he hadn't attempted any spells yet. It wasn't that he was scared really, Bruin actually loved the feel of the wand in his hand, the warm electric sensation that he felt whenever he picked it up, but it just didn't feel right to use it yet...breaking his muggle ways was going to take some time.

He looked at Heath and Fia and knew that regardless of the outcome, that these were the kind of friends who wouldn't laugh at him if he wasn't very successful using his wand. Bruin tried to imitate Fia's movements and quietly mumbled lumos... a few yellow sparks drizzled from the tip of his wand and fell lazily towards his feet.

Bruin looked sheepishly at the other two.... "Pretty impressive, huh???" And with that, he tucked his wand away and retrieved a flashlight from his bag. He clicked the switch and the flashlight shone brightly ahead of them.

Bruin gave the others a playful smile and said simply, "5000 candlepower...and I didn't even have to move my lips!!!"

Fia lauged at the joke, one good thing about being raised around muggles was that she knew the different muggle instruments. "Don't worry," she said, kindly, "You'll be able to perform spells really quick after a few lessons." She smiled, then turned back around and made her way up the steep, stone steps...into the darkness that was only penatrated by the small light at the end of her wand.

"So what's up here anyways???" Bruin asked, assuming that Fia and Heath had some kind of idea where they were going.

(((OOC - and what's wrong with my flashlight??? Duracell, not powerful enough to penetrate the eerie darkness of the North Tower???)))

(((ooc: Sorry! Blonde moment! I spaced about the flashlight...don't know why since I wrote about it...but hey, I am a blonde ;) )))

Fia really didn't know why she had wanted to come to North Tower, she just felt drawn to it. "I'm not really sure what exactly is up here," Fia replied, "I did hear that Alex Mosier was attacked by a werewolf while he was up here though. So I just want to know what else is up here."

"Oh yeah, Alex is my roommate...he gets attacked by werewolves so often that I forgot one of the times was up here." Bruin deadpanned. "But I heard that Professor King caught the werewolf in the Forbidden Forest and turned him back into a human...so I guess were good to go."

"You don't think there is anything else up here, do you? Not that I'm scared or anything, but I haven't read about too many creepy crawlies that are likely to run from my wicked spark attack ." Bruin joked, trying to sound confident.

"I'm not sure if there is anything else up here, however," she replied, smiling, "'creepie crawlies' happen to be my speciality. So if we do run into anything, then we'll hopefully be okay."

"Well at least one of has actually learned something since we got here" Heath said, only half joking "Man it sure is dark in here, Lumos" he said, holding his wand high, adding his light to the ones from Fia's wand and Bruin's flashlight.

"So Alex is your roommate, eh?" Heath said to Bruin "He sold me my school books at Flourish and Blott's, I haven't been so successful in finding a roommate in Hufflepuff House yet"

"That's too bad about the roommate thing...", Bruin said to Heath. "Maybe you try the girl's dormitory???" he said expecting a slug from Fia at any moment.

Heath laughed "Yeah, too bad they put a password on it, they don't trust us guys one bit" he said.

"Yeah, what's up with that anyways??? Care to enlighten us on what goes on in a girl's dormitory Fia???" Bruin asked with a note of desperation in his voice...

"What happens in the girls dormitory," Fia said, mysteriously, "Stays in the girls dormitory." She winked, then asked, curiously, "Why do you want to know anyway?"

"Just curious, I guess" Heath said "Wanted to make sure you girls weren't starting some evil cult or anything"

Fia gave a wry smile, "Maybe we are forming an evil cult." It became silent and the two boys stared at her, she laughed, "I'm joking." They were about halfway up the stairs now, and Fia saw a door. She tried to open it, it was locked. She pointed her wand at it and attempted a spell she had read in A Standard Book of Spells, Grade one. "Allohamora." They heard the lock click and she lead the way inside.

"Hanging out with you two is way better than class...", Bruin exclaimed, "I learn more in 20 minutes with you two than in a week's worth of classes."

Bruin turned to Heath and stage whispered, "Don't suppose that one will work on the Girl's Dorm do you???"

Fia turned and gave Bruin a suspicious look, she could have sworn he had just whispered something. Deciding she must have imagined it, she continued through the passage. Suddenly, she heard a small rustling comeing from somewhere.
"Did you hear that?" she asked the two boys.

"If you're referring to that small rustling sound coming from somewhere, then No!", Bruin replied

"My god Bruin, you wield Sarcasm like a weapon" he added, dropping his voice so that Fia couldn't hear"I bet Alohamora wouldn't work on the girl's dorm but this wouldn't be the first time I figured out a Hogwart's password" he added with a wink before turning his attention back to Fia.

"Don't involve me in your little password games...you've got me in enough trouble already!!!" Bruin joked...

"Hey Fia, got any idea what that was??? At least it didn't sound too big???" Bruin added hopefully.

(((OOC - thanks for the sarcasm comment...it's a gift, what can I say)))

"Well whatever it is, I'm sure Bruin and I can handle it" he said turning to Bruin "You hit it with the yellow spark attack and I'll levitate it 2 inches off the ground to death"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back