Trying to play guitar for the first time

"That's great!" Hiria said to Koboshi. "When should we have our first band meeting?" She asked Tamalia and Koboshi,

Koboshi shrugged. "I think you should get the other girl involved here or something, so we can discuss it together?" She offered by way of her suggestion.

"That's what i meant. We could talk in the Student Club Area, and let the club people know we've formed a band." Hiria said.

Koboshi nodded as the Ravenclaw girl clarrified. She smiled. "Well, since you founded the band, I think that you should be the organiser" She said as she laned against the wall. She was getting kind of tired by now. She looked at Tamalia. "So what have you been doing since I saw you last Tama-Chan?" She asked smiling widely.

Lapis was wandering down the corridor, she would have said aimlessly, but it wasn't really. She was trying to find somewhere to play her flute in peace. The Ravenclaw common room was just too crowded at the moment. Not really paying attention to where she was going, Lapis heard music coming from a classroom nearby. It sounded like a guitar. Lapis didn't know much about that particular instrument, but she poked her hed round the door, hoping to find some like-minded people.

There was a small cluster of students in there, around her own age. From what Lapis had overheard, they were discussing starting a band.
"Hi," said Lapis brightly, going in. "I hope I'm not intruding, but I heard the music . . ."
She trailed off, not really knowing what to add. Lapis would love to join this group, but then again she was used to not being accepted.

Tamalia looked up at Koboshi "I have been doing nothing, i went to see my sister only for it to turn into a small fight, but otherwise i have been living a boring life, yourself?" she then heard a girl come in and say 'hello' to them "Hello, my name is Tamalia Rose Kaster, what’s yours" She asked looking at the girl who just came in.

Lapis smiled at Tamalia, rolling the syllables of the name around her mind.
"My name's Lapis Lazuli. Don't laugh."
Lapis was so used to people laughing at her name that she always told them not to in advance. It never worked. Still, she liked her name . . .

Hiria looked up to see where the unfamiliar voice had come from. When she looked, she saw it was a fellow Ravenclaw! As Tamalia introduced herself, the girl said her name was Lapis Lazuli. She'd also said not to make fun of her name. "Hi!" Hiria said brightly to the girl. "I'm Hiria. And this is Hamza and Koboshi." she added, pointing to her friends (she didn't need to say Tamalia, as she had already introduced herself). "I love your name!" she said, really meaning it. "I won't make fun of it, I swear. But if you want a nickname, maybe we could call you 'Cool Jewel' !" she added helpfully, smiling.

"Thanks." Lapis grinned at the fellow Ravenclaw, mentally adding thanks for making me feel welcome. It was nice to hear that someone liked her name as much as she did.
"So . . . we're a room full of people with unusual names. I like it! And . . . you guys were playing music before. Can I join you? I was looking for somewhere to practise." Suddenly Lapis felt more bouncy and enthusiastic than she had in days. It was wonderful to have something positive to think about . . . for a change. She'd heard Tamalia say she had been living a boring life; Lapis had no such problems. In fact, over the past few months her life had become a little too interesting.

"Um, sure!" Hiria said. "We're not exactly pros, but I'm learning how to play the guitar, First Hamza was teaching me, now Koboshi is helping. Although.. Me, Tamalia, Koboshi, and my friend in Hufflepuff, Sofiajade are in a band that I recently started." Hiria added.

"Cool," Lapis exclaimed, genuinely enthusiastic. "Can I join? My main instrument is flute, but I play a little piano as well . . ."
As she spoke, the girl unpacked her instrument and meticulously fitted it together. "It's a bit battered; time I got a new one really." Lapis loved playing music, loved the freedom it gave her to be creative. She blew a little trill just for the fun of it, curious about what it would be like to play with others.

"Hmmmmm. We might be able to squeeze you in somehow. " Hiria said. "It's just that our band is called The Founders, as in the four founders of the school, and that's why we have one person from each house. I'm in Ravenclaw, Sofiajade is in Hufflepuff, Tamalia is in Gryffindor, and Koboshi is in Slytherin. But.... maybe we could change the name. Because the flute and piano are usually classical instruments, and have a soft sound, how about "Four Founders and a Fairy"?" Hiria asked Lapis.

Lapis was amused at the concept of being called a fairy. "Sounds like fun."

((Sorry for the short post; I had a mind blank.))

"So... What pieces do you know how to play, Cool Jewel?" Hiria asked, using Lapis's new nickname.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back