Trying to play guitar for the first time

Hiria HallButcher

OOC First Name
Anon
Wand
Bois d'Arc Wand 15 1/4" with Essence of Crystallized Dragon Fire
Hiria was looking for somewhere quiet to try and play her new guitar. She all of a sudden came across what looked like an abandoned classroom. "This looks like an ok place." Hiria thought and went in. She sat down on a chair and got her guitar out from its case. She opened her copy of "Guitar for beginners" and tried to play a chord. It didn't sound too good, so she tried again. It didn't sound that good either. "I'll never get this right!" Hiria thought to herself.

Hamza was walking through the second floor corridor with his new guitar strapped to his back. He kept walking and noticed some noises from the Abandoned classroom, so he started to walk towards there. He opened the door slowly and saw a student in there trying to play a guitar. Hamza started to walk up to the girl and said, "Hey there, trying to play the guitar huh?" Hamza then smiled.

Hiria heard a voice. She looked up from her guitar to see a Hufflepuff boy standing there, also with a guitar. "Yeah, but not too well." She replied. "I'm Hiria, What's your name?" She asked. "I'm in Ravenclaw by the way." she added.

Hamza smiled as the girl was introducing herself, she looked like a patient one. "Pleasure to meet you Hiria. My name is Hamza." said Hamza with a smile. "I'm a Hufflepuff student." said Hamza. Hamza noticed that Hiria was holding the Huitar in a wrong position and wasn't reading the notes correctly. "Here, hold the guitar like this." said Hamza moving the guitar in a better position. "Now try to play." said Hamza.

Hiria tried again, it sounded better, but it still didn't sound exactly right. "Something still sounds odd." she said.

Koboshi was walking around the second floor, actually she was dancing. She was wearing her Slytherin uniform and her cloak accented her dancing nicely. Then she heard some music coming from one of the abandoned classroom. She smiled and went to find where the music was coming from.

She opened the door and walked in. A Ravenclaw and a Hufflepuff were sitting down playing guitars. She walked over to them. "Hey there, whatcha doing?" She asked sitting down. She already knew they were playing guitars but she didn't know why. And the Ravenclaw girl kind of sucked at it.

Hiria once again looked up from her guitar, this time to see a Slytherin girl talking to them. "I'm learning how to play the guitar." Hiria said. "I'm Hiria by the way, and this is Hamza. You are?" She said politely.

Koboshi shrugged at them. "I'm just a passerby." She said looking over at Hamza. "Are you teaching her?" She asked, if he was he wasn't doing a very good job. She took the guitar from the girl. "Here, try doing this" She said as she held it over her knee and strummed it slowly. She had alot of success in the past by teaching people to play guitar. She handed it back to the girl and showed her how to hold it. Then she looked at it. "Oh hey theres your problem" She said pointing to the strings. "Their loose, the guiter is out of tune, would you like me to fix it for you?" She asked politely.

"Yes Please!" Hiria said. and handed the guitar to the girl.

Koboshi nodded and took the guitar. She went along the strings and tightened them one by one. She was having fun helping this girl. Not that she'd ever admitt it. She siad to herself. The girl was so pathetic with a guitar it was almost funny. She sat next to her and continued fixing it. "So, why are you trying to learn?" She asked as she continued tuning it. It was going to take a while.

xxTenile told me about your band....xx

"Me and some of my friends are starting up a WROCK band." She said. "I sing, but I want to do something else as well." She added.

Koboshi nodded, while continuing to fiddle with the strings. "Wizard rock right?" She asked. She was sure thats what the 'W' stood for, though she could be wrong. She smiled. "Sounds.....Interesting" She added as she looked up at the Ravenclaw. She was starting a band huh? Hope it works out Koboshi noted as she twisted one of the strings. This guitar was so badly out of tune it was like someone had done it on purpose. She laughed slightly, or it hadn't been played in like forever. She looked at the girl again. "By the way, I'm Koboshi, its nice to meet you Hiria.... by the way, where are you from, you have such an odd name, though most names are odd to me here." She said with her japanese accent.

"I'm from right here in New Zealand, Wellington to be exact." Hiria stated. "My name's a Maori name. And you're correct, the 'W' in WROCK does stand for wizard." Hiria said. "Hey, you look like you know what you're doing with a guitar. Do you want to join the band?" Hiria asked.

Koboshi blinked. "What? Your serious?" She asked as she handed the guitar back having finished. "Who else is in this band?" She asked. She had been in a band back in Japan, but she hadn't been on the guitar. She had been the singer/songwriter, along with her cousin. She was also a model in Japan. Was she even going to have time for this band. She decided to hear more about the band before making her decision. "So tell me about this band of yours?"

" The other people in the band apart from me are Tamalia Kaster from Gryffindor, and Sofiajade Evans from Hufflepuff. " Hiria said. "Sofiajade does drums, and Tamalia's a keyboardist. We were looking for a person from Slytherin to join the band, because we're going to call the band "The Founders" after the founders of the school. If we get a performance, we'll wear our house colours." Hiria finished with.

Koboshi smiled. "Then I would be honured to join your band. I actually know Tamalia, it was quite funny actually, we met each-other while we were both having bad days, and we immediately loved each others attitude. Were good friends now" She said remembering the day. She looked down at Hiria. "Try playing it now" She said as she quickly strummed a string to make sure it was fixed.

Hiria tried it. It sounded great! "Thanks Koboshi! I think we're going to be good friends." Said Hiria, smiling at Koboshi.

Hamza stood there seeing the new girl Koboshi introduce herself and then talking to Hiria about playing the guitar. Hamza didn't mind them two talking, so he went into his own little world, thinking about his family and what not, while the two girls had their own girl to girl talk. Then he noticed both were quieting down, so he said, "So, how are all y'all classes going?" said Hamza with a smile.

((Hope you dont mind, teigan asked me :) ))

Tamalia was walking down the hall when she heard very familiar voices, she looked inside the classroom and saw three kids in a small group, all of which she knew, she walked in silently "Hey Koshi, Hello Hiria, hi Hamza, what are you all doing?" she asked not really getting how they all met or why they are all here, when she saw Hiria holding a guitar and half of the situation clicked, Koboshi was helping Hiria play the guitar but she still had no idea why Hamza was here too, she scratched her head in thought, then she remembered something "Oh and Hiria hows the band going? i think i have the keyboard down pat now, but the keys are just so small" she said as an after-thought.

Hiria looked up from her guitar again, to see her friend from Gryffindor. "Hi Tamalia!" She said smiling. "The band thing's going great! We now have another member!" She said pointing at Koboshi.

Koboshi looked at Hamza. "My classes are going as well as can be expected thankyou" She said smiling at him, then she turned to the Gryffindor who had just entered. "Konnichiwa Tama-Chan" She said smiling. She had met Tamalia under the weirdest of all circumstances. She looked at her. "Your learning the keyboard? Perhaps I can help you learn?" She asked. Then she looked back over to Hiria. "And your perfectly welcome, Hiria, I hope we are" She said grinning.

"I bet we will be." Hiria said smiling back at Koboshi. "And Tamalia, I played the piano for 6 years, most of it on a keyboard, I can help too." She said.

((Sorry for the length))

Tamalia looked at them "Its just that the keys are so small and the sound so different, but thats for your offers, i think i will be fine" she said smiling

"Maybe just... Imagine what it would sound like if it was on a piano. That might help." Hiria said trying to be helpful.

Koboshi smiled at the two girls. She was happy that she had made some friends. She looked between them and smiled. "Oh, hey, did I tell you that I got a job?" She asked remembering that she had wanted to tell Tamalia, about her getting the job at Madame Malkins robes. She smiled. "Yeah I just got an owl the other day, I was like, noway, I was so happy, I get money now haha" She said as she smiled and sat back down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back