Perthro Manor 2 - A Guest for Dinner

Leonardo Perthro entered the Entrance Hall from the stairs wearing a formal, black suit. His hair was combed back and he wore a dark blue tie around his neck that brought out his eyes.

He stopped at the foot of the stairs and snapped his fingers. "Pip!"
<i></i>

Pip appeared the Lobby with a resounded 'Crack'. He was carrying tea on a platter that he had been about to take up to Miss Perthro and Miss Green.

"Yes, sir?" Pip answered, bowing low.

"Go and inform my daughter that I expect her and her friend down here immediatly. Our guest is to arrive soon." He didn't even look at the house elf, but kept his eyes on the door. It was six fourty, and the guest was to be expected at six fourty five. And it wasn't like him to be late.
<i></i>

"Of course, Sir." Pip bowed low and vanished again.

Patricia followed Leonardo into the Entrance Hall, her long black hair loose around her shoulders. She wore a crimson red dress that fell to the floor, and minumun makeup, but enough to make her look truely stunning. It had been a long time since she had an excuse to dress up, and she would have enjoyed it, if she hadn't known exactly who the arriving guest was.

Her not looking forwad to it was very much an understatement.

She remained dutifully silent as her husband called the house elf, and sent him to fetch the girls. She felt sorry for her daughter and her friend, Bellatrix Green. The timing was terrible, and they would have been much better off far away in London, staying with Thanatos in the Leaky Cauldron.
<i></i>

Leonardo was impatient, although he didn't show it. Why were the girls not here yet? He straightened his tie a little. He would have preferred it if his daughter had not had a friend over, but Patricia had insisted that Athene had needed the company. He usually didn't give in to the womans petty begging, but he too had noticed his daughters depression.

However, now was still not a good time to have children in the house.

"ATHENE!" He bellowed. Where the hell was she?
<i></i>

Athene heard her father's shout as she hurried through the corridor with Bella, cringing. She wished he had given her more time. How had he expected them to get from the third floor to the first in just a few minutes, when neither of them could apparate?

She skidded to a halt at the top of the stairs. She could see her father glaring up at them, and her mother a few feet away, watching the door.

<i></i>

Bellatrix hurried along following Athene, but before in the presence of her parents, she slowed her walk to a dignified strut. Then strutting to the top of the stairs, she let them get a good look at her first. She then traced her cold eyes, first resting on Patricia, then to Leonardo. She stopped, staring and locking her harsh eyes onto him. Showing no emotion she waited.

"I will have you ladies down those stairs, immediately," Leonardo said curtly, turning away from his daughter and her friend. He was anxious to make a good appearance. It wasn't every day that he was visited by him, in fact, it had been over a year since he last came. Leonardo would not have the two girls ruin it.
<i></i>

Bellatrix looked at Athene, trying to soften her harsh look that she had just given to Athene's father, though not much kindness showed through. She waited for her friends first move down the stairs, for it was only appropriate, after all she was the guest.

Athene nodded at Bella. "Lets go," she whispered, walking down the stairs with her fingers clasped in front of her nervously.

She stopped at the foot, and went to stand next to her mother. She motioned that Bellatrix do the same.
<i></i>

Patricia muffled a small gasp as three heavy knocks echoed on the door. She nearly reached for her daughters hand, to reassure her, but thought better of it. Athene would find out who the 'guest' was soon enough. Her and her friend. Oh! How bad the timing is that the girls our staying over now! She wailed inwardly, but her expression was as blank and as her husbands was eager.
<i></i>

Bellatrix in a strong stride descended the stairs and stopped abruptly next to Athene. Not as nervous as any of the family, but very intrigued as to who the guest was and why it was such a nervewracking thing to all and also why Leonardo seemed so pleased with this arrival of the guest. The room was drop dead silent and she waited.

Loki Perthro stood on the doorstep of his old home as he flicked his wand, causing the great steel knocker to bang against the door three times. He didn't wait for a reply, but flicked his wand again and said in a deep voice, 'provectus alohamora!' One of Leonardo's spells. The door creaked open, and Loki stepped through the doorway, his lips upturned in the corner to make for a typical Perthro Smirk. He regarded the small family before him... his eyes falling on the stranger girl for a second before stopping on his son.

"Leonardo, my dearest son. It's been a while."
<i></i>

Leonardo's smirk matched his fathers as he stepped forward. "Welcome home, father." It had been May 1st when he had last seen Loki, but the man hadn't changed in the slightest.
<i></i>

Athene's eyes widened in shock and fear at the sight of her grandfather. She wanted to look at her mother, to see how she was taking it. She had known... she must have known. Why didn't she warn me?

Loki Perthro. The man who had tortured Athene at the age of five for forgetting her Dinner Time manors. The man who had given her an apple with a razor blade inside for Halloween. The man who had killed more members of his own family that than the Death Eaters and the Ministry combined. The last time Athene had seen him had been the same day that Athene's twin, Artemis, had died. That same day, Loki had gone on a mass Muggle killing, and had nearly been caught by the Ministry. As far as Athene knew, he was off living in Germany somewhere, on the run. What was he doing here?
<i></i>

Bellatrix's eyes swiftly looked over to Athene without moving her head. She saw fear, Athene was terrified, but why...

ooc: Athene you PM box is full!

"It's good to be home," Loki replied, although he didn't sound very enthusiastic. He looked around him with a hint of disgust as he walked int the entrance hall and towards the family. He noted with satisfaction the fear on Patricia's face, and saw that it was also mirrored on her daughters. The other small girl, although slightly older and taller than Athene, looked simply confused.
"Running a daycare center now, Patricia?" He inquired, raising an eyebrow, although not taking his eyes from the other girl. "What's your name, girl?" His eyes we're narrowed. If the girl didn't prove to be a worthy enough acquaintance for his granddaughter, he could easily kill her. He didn't like the look on her face, lacking in respect and dignity, or the way she held herself.
<i></i>

(OoC: Not any more!)

Athene stifled a gasp as Loki addressed Bella. God, no... she thought. Was Loki judging her? What would he do to her if he didn't find her worthy? She instantly regretted inviting Bellatrix over... what had she gotten her friend into?
<i></i>

Bellatrix's eyes flickered to this new unwanted guest. She knew his attempts at his spiteful words were only trying to throw her off, for she knew she had shown no emotion upon his arrival. He was trying to catch her off guard, but this would not happen. A smooth look came across her face, showing neither fear of smugness. Mainly just content. She gave the master a low bow first and said in her smooth, sharp voice. "I am Bellatrix, Bellatrix Green, sir. Pure blood and fellow Slytherin student of your dear granddaughter, Athene. I am a Fourth Year in school, and take my education very highly. Although I do tend not to support any classes of the, shall we call it muggle loving nature. It is a pleasure to meet you, a man of such great importance, and you have a most established son." Her continuous smooth tone and face watched him. Although on the inside she was wanting to make him crack. She would prove him wrong, for the man and herself were far too much alike.

"I asked for your name, not your life story." He looked away from her. He'd ask her more questions later. Loki walked up to Patricia, and flicked his wand to produce a bottle of very, very expensive and very old Goblin Made Wine. It was correct etiquette to bring a gift when entering a house, and offer it to the hostess. And Loki prided himself on being very strict when it came to etiquette. "Patricia," he inclined his head to his daughter in law, who was standing as still as a statue. He left the wine hovering in front of her.
<i></i>

"Thank you, Mr Perthro" Patricia managed weakly, taking the wine with shaking fingers. Then she composed herself, and said in a louder tone, "How about me move into the living room for some tea before dinner?" She would have much rather just skip to Dinner, but didn't want to offend Loki.
<i></i>

Leonardo nodded at his wife, and looked at his father. "After you, father." The tea room was just off out one of the many side doors. Loki, who had owned the house before Leonardo, knew the place inside out.

He sent the two girls a menacing glare, before following after Loki.
<i></i>

Loki didn't smile, but made his way across the marble floor with his son. The woman would follow shortly after, he knew. But it was only polite that they kept their distance.
<i></i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back