Moonlight Walk

A

Anonymous

As they approached the edge of the forest, George squeezed Melissa's hand just a little tighter. He gave her a sideways glance, and raised an eyebrow.

"Are you sure? Because if you're gonna scream and run away at things like twigs snapping like a big girl, then I'm not sure I want to." He said teasingly, grinning.

"Trust me. I'm not skittish," Melissa laughed, looking around. "Very creative place for a date, wouldn't you say?" She kissed him on the cheek. "That's what I love about you; I never know what to expect."

George smiled and shrugged. "Thought it might be a bit more exciting. Never was one for sitting around." He squeezed her hand again and pulled her past the first line of trees, stepping over rocks and dodging shrubbery. "I hope you're wearing comfortable shoes." He said with a smirk.

"I can deal with it," Melissa laughed, looking at the little heel on her new shoes. She looked up at George. "Do you like the new haircut by the way? I haven't really gotten anyone's opinion yet."

George looked at her hair, and after a few seconds raised his eyebrow. "You got a haircut?"

A small smile tugged at the corner of his lips, and he let out a little laugh. "I'm sory 'Liss, couldn't help myself. It looks gorgeous, just like the rest of you..." He said, and planted a small kiss on her forehead.

George grinned. "One of my many talents, I guess". Overhead, a bird launched itself from a branch in a tree, rustling leaves as it went. George looked up in time to see it dissapear through the dense coverage above, and looked back at Melissa.

"You ever been into the Forest before?" He asked casually.

"Nope," Melissa replied, grinning. "It's my first time in this one. Although I did sneak into the one at the other Hogwarts. Luckily, I didn't get caught. I was a skittish first year and thought I saw something, so I ran off. Good times, good times..." She grinned at George. "Although next to you, I've made no amount of trouble, have I, George Weasely?" She laughed and kissed him on the lips with gusto.

George smiled into the kiss. "Well that's ok, I'm sure we can make plenty of trouble together..." He said with a smirk. He turned and carried on through the trees. He was still gripping her hand, partly because he liked the way it felt, and partly because he was afraid if he let go she might get snatched away, whether by a forest-lurking beasty or otherwise. The forest was getting denser the futher they went, and George was on full alert, his eyes dilligently scanning the surrounding area.

((UGH I am so sorry, I've been really ill the past couple of days. I've been letting the side down on here recentley :( I feel wretched.))

Holding his hand, Melissa pressed closer to George as they walked, a cold rush suddenly coming over her. She thought that she saw a shadow race through the trees, and suddenly stopped. "Did you see that?" she asked George. Next to him, she felt very secure and protected. If she had gone in here alone she already would have bolted.

After being reassured that it was nothing, she started to talk, attempting to repel her uneasiness. "I was thinking, George," she began, "If you wanted to come to my mother's house for Christmas Eve dinner." She smirked. "Aimee, of course, went off and told her that I had a boyfriend, and now, she insists that I invite you." She laughed. "Mum got all excited over it, and if you have the time.." She looked up at him with a beaming smile, awaiting his response.

((no biggie! I can't get on here all that often anyway... and I understand, the weather is horrible. ;-) ))

George looked down at Melissa, unable to stop the smile that was creeping up on to his face, but an anxious feeling was creeping up inside him. Meeting the parents? A million questions raced through his mind, what if they didn't like him? Thought he was unsuitable for their daughter?

"I, uh...that is..." He stumbled over his words, "Um, yeah sure. I'd love to", he said, tugging at the collar of his shirt.

Melissa threw her arms around his neck. "It's okay!" she laughed. "My mum's a nag, but I think that she'll really like you. My dad's not around, so you don't need to worry about some guy protecting his daughter!" She kissed him on the lips. "It means a lot to me, you know."

George settled his arms around her waist as she threw hers around his neck. He cocked his head to the side slightly upon hearing her last comment. "Really? Well, I was thinking, maybe you'd like to come round to the Burrow over Christmas also? I mean, it's not much, but it's home. They'll be loads of my family there so I understand if you don't want to, but...I've never had someone has beautiful as you to show off before".

"Why, thank you!" Melissa laughed. "I'd absolutely love to meet your family. Are you all good looking redheads, or is it just you?" She kissed him on the lips, her mood very giddy and bubbily.

George shrugged, a smirk on his face. "We're all red heads, but I'm the only good looking one..." He said, and leaned down slightly to plant a soft kiss on her lips again.

Melissa giggled, running her hands through his hair as she kissed him. "Normally I'd be scared here, George, but something just makes me feel protected. Is it your manliness, George?" She knew she was going a little far, but placed her hands around his waist, giving his tush a little squeeze.

George jumped a little, shocked, and raised an eyebrow at Melissa. He put his hands on the top of her arms and gave her a little nudge, pushing her up against a tree behind her. "You know...you shouldn't start something you're not going to finish..." He murmered, his thumb running circles over the top of her arm, before he dipped his head and kissed her again.

"Who said something about quitting?" Melissa growled. Damn, he's a good kisser, she thought, rubbing her arm over his back.

((omg I wonder if we're gonna get yelled at! hahahaha)))

((HAHA. And on that note...))

George smiled into the kiss, and pulled back slightly, biting his lip. "We really need to find somewhere non-public to do this at some point." He grinned. "Never know who you're giving a free show out here..." He said, looking over her shoulder at the surrounding area.

George smiled lightly, and nodded, still looking over the surrounding area. "Yeah...not exactly what I was thinking but...". He snapped his gaze back to Melissa. "Listen love, I need to tell you something..."

George paused for a second, looking straight into her eyes. "You have to promise me you won't ever tell anyone else...ever. It could get me into big trouble." He said, a serious expression on his face.

Melissa grabbed George's hands, and stated with all sincerety, "I will never, ever, tell anyone, George Weasley," wondering what his secret could possibly be.

George bit his lip again. Only two people in the world knew what he was about to tell Melissa, and in all honesty, he was slightly wary of telling anyone else. He contemplated backing out, but as he looked down at their intertwined hands, he knew he had to, he wanted to.

"I'm uh...I'm an animagus" He said, wincing slightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back