Kale and Estrella

"That's horrible." Kale looked morosely about the kittens, "To kittens?" he shook his head, "Some people are just messed up in the head like that." Kale looked at the microwave as it made a weird buzzing noise. "What the--" his eyes were wide, he wasn't used to all of this teachnology. "Ohhh, I've actually seen a computer before...but I've never actually worked one."

Estrella grinned, searching through the drawers for oven mitts. "These bowls are gonna be pretty hot," she murmured, and grabbed one bowl out of the microwave, draining the broth off into the sink. "You can drink the broth if you want, but I usually don't, unless I'm sick." She brought the bowl of ramen noodles over to the table for Kale, placing a fork next to the bowl. She then proceeded to do her own, shutting the microwave door and moving to the table, grinning at Kale. "Dig in."

"Yeah, computers are crazy. They go haywire around magic, though, so they're kind of useless in the magical world."

"Thanks." Kale said with a smile while he waited for Estrella to sit down with her bowl of soup as well. As Estrella sat down Kale sat down at the table as well and got his fork, digging into the ramen noodles, a stringy mess was all over his fork as he took a bite. Kale chewed with his mouth closed, this was something that he had never before tried, "This stuff is good" he laughed, "Dang why do muggles have all of the cool stuff..." Kale took another bite, he never thought he's be eating anything like this...especially at Hogwarts.

"Yeah, I'm surprised they have muggle stuff at all, actually," Estrella said, taking a bite of her ramen noodles twirled on her fork, well trained to this. "I wonder who eats it around here? That would be interesting to find out. By the way, I have not seen a house elf in the longest time. I wonder where they are?" She looked around. "I've never had a house elf, to tell you the truth."

"Well...those house elves are obviously not doing their jobs." Kale said with a dark exression that resulted into laughter, he was obviously joking about his last comment. "Yeah, I wonder whose secret stash of Ramen we just stole." Kale grinned and dug his fork back into the noodles, he was having trouble with wrapping them neatly around his fork, they plopped back down into the bowl and he looked down at the with a furrowed brow, "Stupid noodles.." Kale muttered out with a second attempt at scooping the noodles with his fork, those too falling back down into the bowl.

Estrella giggled at Kale's attempts to eat the noodles, snorting, "Twirl them around your fork. You'll get the hang of it eventually." She grinned, putting a big bite in her mouth, her eyes twinkling. "If and when I ever go back to Carlisle's," Estrella said, "You could stay there for a while; his house is as muggle as it gets."

Kale tried to do what Estrella instructed, but failed once more. He felt like a loser with his noodles falling all over the place, Kale finally twirled a couple of noodles sucessfully, "Sucess!!" he shot his arms in the air comically, but then dropped them one more. "Ooops.." he shrugged his shoulders and tried once more.

Kale grinned, "That would be really cool" he took a bite of the ramen and added, "Carlisle's your uncle who we met at the ice cream parlour, right?" Kale inquired, hoping that he wasn't mixing his up with someone else.

"Yeah," Estrella laughed, watching Kale struggle with the noodles. "My parents waited a few years to tell him that well, I was magic, and that my dad was a wizard. He got over it eventually, but I still think that inwardly, something is rejecting the truth." She sighed. "I'm just glad that he was told beforehand, can you imagine having to deal with being muggleborn and your parents being told that you're going to a magic school?"

Kale scooped up a few more noodles, he was finally using a method with stringing the noodles little by little and twirling them around strategically. He listened to what Estrella was saying and hung on to every word, "When was the first time that Carlisle actually entered the wizarding world?" Kale asked interested about her uncle.

"Oh, and while were on the topic of Carlisle, have you heard from him since the last time we met him for ice cream? About the were wolf issue?" Kale said quietly and smiled weakly, he hoped that bringing this up to Estrella wouldn't affect her mood in anyway because he liked to see her happy.

"Haha, it was just after I was born," Estrella replied, giggling. "That's what I was told, anyways. I got a hold of my dad's wand somehow when he was visiting, and I turned a teacup into a rat. Needless to say, he was more than a little surprised." She laughed, wishing somewhat that she could have remembered it.

"Nope," Estrella replied darkly, after listening to his second question. "It's not like I've contacted him though. When he wants to talk, he can send me an owl."

Realizing that she was being too pessimistic, Estrella forced herself to smile, her ramen almost finished. "Hey, you've got the hang of it!" she pointed out, chuckling.

"You were already a pro at transfiguration!" Kale laughed and strung the last of his noodles around the fork. "Hey! I do have the hang of it" he grinned goofily and took another bite.

"Are you sure that Carlisle is okay? I mean, does he still have enough wolfbane?" his expression was soft, he seemed like the only family member that she had left who actually took proper care of her when she was in his hands.

"I'm pretty sure he does. I gave him enough for over half a year at least." Estrella looked down at her empty bowl of ramen, seemingly deep in thought, and then back up at Kale. "Part of me wants to send him a letter, and then the other part is so p1ssed that I don't even want to talk to him."

Kale bit his lip, he could tell that Estrella wasn't very happy, "Are you mad because of him signing over the guardianship to your granfather?" he inquired and then added, "Or because he hasn't written to you?" Kale tried to force a weak smile, but couldn't. He couldn't even imagine what Estrella was going through with all of this father, Carlisle and gaurdianship drama. Kale had been finished with his ramen for a few moments, he pushed the bowl away from him and leaned back in his chair, putting his arm around her. He didn't really know what else to do.

Estrella smiled weakly, embracing him on the side. She could always count on Kale to make her feel better, no matter what. "It's basically him signing over guardianship to someone I have never met before. I just feel kind of betrayed." She sighed. "But I also don't want to be a leech for attention. I feel like miss drama queen lately."

"A drama queen is what you're not. Don't even think that! Now, a majority of the first year girls...that's a different story. They're the leechy, drama queens. Not you." Kale stated sweetly and gave her a reassuring smile. "Estrella, it's an understandable thing why you'd be mad at Carlisle, he basically gave you to a complete stranger, but did you really think of his intentions on why he did it? He thought it would be the best for you. Right?" Kale inquired trying to sort all of this out, he stared at Estrella for a moment and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

Estrella laughed. "Yeah, I'd have to agree." She smiled, kissing Kale back on the cheek, smiling. "I didn't really consider why he did it, i've just been so frustrated with him lately."

She sighed. "With all of the stuff going on, I haven't thought anything really through."

"See you're stressing yourself out with all of this nonsense!" he smiled at her goofily and grabbed ahold of her hand. "I care about you a lot and don't want to see you like this." Kale almost began to feel his face getting warm, for once though he was able to hold it back, even though he still had the goofy look on his face.

Estrella hugged Kale tightly, smiling broadly. "I know; I care about you a lot too." She squeezed his midsection tightly, resting her head on his shoulder. "I try not to let it get to me, but sometimes I can't help it." She grinned. "Hey, I just got an idea! Maybe you could come over with me to Carlisle's over part of Christmas break? If I go there, of course."

Kale rested his head on hers lightly as she laid hers on his shoulder, he held her tightly. He smiled at her invitation to Carlisle's, "Well, if it's okay with him, I think that would be a cool idea." he said while giving her a kiss on top of the head; making a comical 'muah!' noise.

"Muah?" Estrella laughed, raising her eyebrow and poking Kale in the side. "Beep. Gotcha!"

"Yeah! 'Muah!' " Kale laughed goofily, he couldn't explain, so he repeated what he did the first time by kissing her head with the loud 'Muah!' kiss sound. He was caught off guard by the pokes and flinched to the opposite side, jumping away from her. Kale leaned back in acting like he was going to poke her back, instead he kissed her on the lips and pulled back, "Gotcha!" he repeated with a goofy grin.

((Haha, nice new siggy!))

"You got me," Estrella laughed, hugging him back tightly, kissing him back lightly on the lips. "You know, I don't know what I would do without you." And it was very true.

( :p )

Kale smiled, his expression soft, "And I don't know what I would do without you." he repeated after her and continued, "You don't have to worry about that." Kale added, his voice reassuring. He then noticed a sudden wave of nervousness in the inside, he still had problems with worrying about putting his guard down, and he had especiallly let it down with Estrella countless times. She was one of the only people that had his complete trust in everything.

Estrella could only smile broadly, hugging Kale tightly and kissing him softly on the cheek. "Are you okay? You look nervous about something." Her expression was concerned as she held him tightly, pulling back just a bit.

Kale hugged Estrella back and smiled. He didn't know really how to put it into words how much he truley did care about her and enjoyed having her around, he twiddled his thumbs and looked down; trying to surpass his awkward nehavior.

"Yeah, I'm fine." he said quietly, and smiled a less goofy smile than normal. Kale kissed her back and stood up, "So, what would you like to do now?" Kale inquired while taking a sip of his now pleasantly warm hot cocoa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back