Estrella Drage

Obliviator for MACUSA | HNZ 1st Graduating Class

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Estrella waited in the hallway near the kitchens for Kale; they had agreed to meet here after he was done with work. With a spring in her step, she waited before the kitchen door, hoping they could grab some snacks. Her stomach was growling uproariously, needing something to eat. She crossed her arms, looking around. She had never really seen any house elves, and was curious about them.

Kale walked down the stairs that led to the basement and strolled down the hall that entered the kitchen. With his robes billowing behind him, it was much colder down here than up stairs. Kale walked down the abandoned hall with his hands in his pockets to keep them warm, "Hello, hello" he said with his normal goofy smile at the sight of Estrella and gave her hug with a smooth kiss on the cheek.

Estrella hugged Kale back tightly, kissing him back on the cheek. She grinned at his goofy smile; she could fall in love with it over and over and over again.

She turned to the kitchens, and said, "They should have something to munch in there. Hey, maybe that's where they hide the cheeseburgers!" She grinned brightly, "And how have classes been for you?" She played with his hair, smiling brightly.

Kale was so happy to have Estrella, she was really one of the only people that he opened up fully to. Whenever he was around her he could never hold back his goofy smiles and laughs, he liked her a lot.

"Ah, cheesebugers!" Kale exclaimed. "Don't forget the fries!" he added while walking into the kitchen with Estrella. "Classes have been going good, thus far. The first week is always easy though.." Kale smiled braodly and laughed. "How has school been going for you? Oh! And the prefect thing, I haven't even asked you about that yet." he stated with interest, waiting for her to share.

"Yeah, this week has been pretty easy," Estrella replied, grinning, not seeing any house elves as they moved into the kitchen. "No homework so far, although I'm getting new teachers, so you never know." She grinned broadly, unable to stop smiling. She opened an icebox, looking for something to eat, or cook. "Actually, I haven't really done anything as prefect. All I've done so far is lounged around in the Prefect's common room."

"Pretty much all the third years excluding Bellatrix are prefects." Kale exclaimed and laughed quietly, if there was a possibility of them getting in trouble for being in the kitchen, he didn't want to get caught for laughing too loud. "So, you guys have a 'lounge' and everything." Kale said while peaking in the icebox next to her, "What exactly are you guys supposed to do?" he asked, while snooping in the cabinets above the counter tops.

"Oh, just help people out, which means we have to interact with first years." Estrella made kind of a scrunched up face at that, but then grinned. "And I can give detentions if truly deserving. You better watch your step!" she said jokingly.

Kale laughed and smiled mischeviously at Estrella's 'watch your step comment', and gave her a light kiss on the lips. "Hmmm...interesting. I don't ever plan on becoming a prefect then." he laughed jokingly. "What do they have here to eat." Kale looked around the kitchen some more and stopped, he stared at a microwave apprehensively, and pointed at it "What in the world is that?" his brow was furrowed slightly and his voice filled with confusion.

Estrella laughed. "You mean you've never seen a microwave before?" She was always forgetting that many people had grown up in pureblood wizarding families, and thus were unfamiliar with the muggle world.

Pulling a bag of marshmallows out of the cupboard, she grabbed an especially big one. "Alright, microwaves cook things with radioactivity. Muggles use them to cook food." To demonstrate, she put the marshmallow on a plate, sticking it in the microwave and pressing the time button for 30 seconds. She laughed as the marshmallow blew up and expanded, threatening to pop in a big white blob.

Kale watched in silence as Estrella placed a marshmellow in the microwave and as it expanded, "Wow.." his eyes were wide, "Does all food do that when you put it in the...mi-cro-wave?" Kale grabbed a marshmellow out of the bag and plopped it in his mouth, "Yum"

"No," Estrella laughed, "Marshmallows are just weird." She pulled it out of the microwave, the marshmallow quickly deflating in a sticky, warm and slightly burnt mess. "It's how you make smores in the winter, at least, that's what I did back in Minnesota." She ripped off a piece of the marshamallow, popping it in her mouth. "Try some; it's good," she said, grinning, and holding out the plate to Kale.

Kale grinned at Estrella and took the other half of the marshmellow; he plopped the other gooey half in his mouth. "That is good!" he nodded with a laugh. Kale then shot Estrella a confused look like before, "But what is s'mores?" he blushed slightly, embarassed that he kept on asking her so many questions. I must sound stupid..

Estrella laughed. "Sorry, I'm using muggle lingo again. It's like a sandwich made with graham crackers, a bar of chocolate and a roasted marshmallow. I'll make you one sometime."

Kale shrugged, "Nah, no worries, I like learning about this stuff." he smiled and reached up into one of the cupboards that he was snooping in and took a container full of cocoa off the top shelf. "You care for some hot chocolate?" Kale inquired with a smile while looking for a kettle so he could warm up some water. "We even have marshmellows!" Kale laughed and looked at the bag of marshmellows they've been eating, and threw one at her.

Estrella caught the marshmallow, grinning wickedly as she popped it in her mouth. "Keeper, remember?" She grinned, "Hot chocolate sounds amazing right about now. It's starting to get cold outside."

Kale laughed as she caught the marshmellow and plopped it in her mouth. Grabbing a hold of the bag he threw a marshmellow in the air above him and caught it in his mouth, "Skills!" Kale said in a sing song falsetto voice and grinned like a goof.

Walking toward the stove and fiddling with the knobs for a few moments, he put the kettle on the flame and waited for the water to boil.

Estrella stuck her tongue out at Kale. "Well, I can do that too!" She grabbed a fluffy white marshmallow, throwing it in the air, trying to catch it in her open mouth. However, she missed by about two inches, the marshmallow bouncing irritatingly off her nose and onto the floor. "Maybe not," she giggled, smiling broadly.

Kale laughed as he watched the marshmellow bounce of her nose, "You're too cute.." he said smiling widely and threw another marshmellow at her; sticking out his tongue in a neener neener fashion.

The tea kettle began to scream and he rushed over to it and removed it off the flame, "It's ready" Kale said with a smile and walked toward another cabinet where teacups were, he poured the hot water into each cup and put a couple of scoops of cocoa powder in it.

Estrella laughed, shrieking as Kale threw the other marshmallow at her, sticking her tongue back out at him. "Aren't you clever," she laughed, giving him a playful punch in the arm. "Yum!" she exclaimed, looking at the cup of hot cocoa hungrily as she devoured a marshmallow whole.

Kale smiled and wrapped Estrella in a hug, "Clever and lucky...to have you that is." he smiled goofily, and released her from his arms. "Would you like marshmallows in it?" Kale inquired while scooping a few in his cocoa, then following by popping a couple in his mouth, making his cheeks look like a hamster.

"So, have you found anything to eat?" he laughed, looking down at their cocoa, "I couldn't find anything"

Estrella giggled as Kale's cheeks puffed out like a hamster. No matter the situation, he always managed to put a smile on her face.

"I would like marshmallows," she said, smiling, and looked through the cupboards. "Hey, there's some of these," she said, throwing a pack of beef ramen noodles to Kale, surprised that there was even a microwave in here at all. "Ever had ramen noodles?"

Kale put a few marshmallows in Estrella's cup of cocoa and looked back at her as she thew a package of noodles at him, he caught it and examined the red packages, "Raw-men?" Kale shot her a quizzical look, unsure of what this stuff was.

Kale picked up her cup of cocoa and handed it to Estrella. He sipped his hot cocoa, cherishing the steamey chocolatey-ness with a smile on his face.

"It's good, trust me," Estrella laughed, always forgetting that Kale hadn't grown up around muggles. Taking out two bowls from the cupboard, she filled them with water, putting the dry noodles in the bowl and the seasoning on top. She then stuck the bowl in the microwave, setting it for 3 minutes. "They're the simplest thing to make, if you have a microwave, that is. And they're uber cheap, and taste pretty good. My aunt Margaret always like to mix shrimp in with them.

She grinned. "And I promise, they don't blow up in the microwave. She sipped at her hot chocolate, watching Kale's reaction.

Kale looked at the microwave skeptically, "Won't it melt the bowl?" he asked, not taking his eyes off of the microwave, "How do you guys trust machienes like..this?" Kale was learning a whole lot from Estrella and found all of this stuff about muggles very interesting, he had so many questions about everything.

Estrella laughed. "Some stuff will melt in there, and there are some things that you absolutely can't put in there. It's radioactive." Her expression became dark as she sipped at her cocoa. "And there are some stories about some sick bastards who stick kittens in microwaves and such. Some people, I tell you-" She opened the microwave, flipping the noodles with a fork and cooking them for another three minutes.

"Most machines are good about what they're supposed to do, and you can usually trust them. Now, computers, for instance, those can get screwy. One moment, you'll be working on something, and the next moment, the computer will crash and you'll lose all of your data! That definitely shows the downs of muggle technology."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back