Hunger

Hilary who had crouched behind a counter to stay out of it, tied a ripped white tea towel to the end of a long spoon and waved it in the air "Peace" she screamed as she guarded her head as she ran over to the oven to take out the brownies.

Lily laid on the floor laughing so hard she was crying. She was covered in ketchup, egg, and flour.

"Okay! Okay! I call truce!" she cried out.

Kale looked around the kitchen, it was trashed with egg, ketchup and goo all over the counters, ground, walls and mostly on themselves. Kale began to laugh, he couldn't stop himself, "Look what we've done!" he said aloud, rolling on the floor with laughter.

Courtney looked around the kitchen, it was a disaster! She pointed her wand at Kale and yelled, "Scourgify!"

"Let's clean up this disaster before we get caught! I'll get in big trouble if anybody catches us!" Courtney shouted in a panic.

When Courtney pointed her wand at him, his robes were now back to normal, no more toxic goo was coating his robes. Kale noticed the panic in Courtney's voice and began to help, he removed his wand from his pocket "Scourgify!" Kale muttered, the countertops and floor was beginning to get picked up little by little. He wouldn't want her title as Prefect to be taken away from her because of their childish fun, so he tried as fast as he could to get the mess as cleaned up as possible.

Hilary took out the Brownies.....well they were more Greygreenies. But they smelled super good. "Okay we gotta let these sit for a bit but let's clean up this place." Hilary took out her wand and started posting it at random items "Scourgify!"

Lily was finally able to pull herself up from the floor and stop laughing. She looked around at the mess that was there, and realized that they had a job of cleaning to do.

"Thank goodness we don't have to do this the muggle way!" she said as she grabbed her wand and started to use it to clean.

"Scorgify!"

With all four off them Scourgifying things the kitchen seemed to be getting cleaner quickly. This made Hilary excited for when she would be 17 and able to use magic outside of school ALL the time, so she would never have to do muggle dishes again. "Okay I think these are just about done, maybe a few more minutes." Hilary said as she tried the press test and her finger print was still slightly left in the "brownie".

Lily looked around and the kitchen was back to prebaking form in no time at all. She was still a mess though, which she wasn't too thrilled about.

"Hey, can someone clean me off please?" she asked. She started laughing realizing that she would not have to go find a shower for the first time after an escapade like this.

Courtney decided she had to play one last prank. She pointed her wand at Lily and shouted, "Augumenti!"

"Hey!" Lily yelled, trying to dodge the spray of the water shooting from Courtney's wand. At least she was clean from the mess.

"Sorry, Lily!" Courtney giggled. "It was just so tempting."

She turned her attention to Hilary. "Hil, think we can try those brownies now?"

Lily wiped the water from her face.

"Anyone know a drying spell?" she laughed as she was dripping wet. "I really think they are ready. Wanna cut them Hil?"

Hilary smiled at Courtney's little joke. "Okay, yep these look ready to cut." she said as she pressed her finger in the brownies and it bounced back. "Okay here we go." Hilary took a large knife out of cutting rack and proceeded to slice the gigantic pan of brownies into squares. "Wow, I sure hope these are good....there are certainly a whole lot of them" she said as she took a square and held it in her hand. "Okay, let's do this all together."

Lily was still dripping wet from Courtney's prank, but was game to give the brownies a try.

"Okay, I'm in." she said as she grabbed one of the oddly colored squares.

Hilary looked around at her companions. "Come on Courtney, Kale don't be scared there is enough chocolate in these to sastisfy a 5 year old, they can't be that bad!"

Kale stared at the brownies skeptically, "If I get sick..I'm not going to be very happy!" he exclimed jokingly. Kale grabbed a hold of one of the greyish squares on the end, "Let's try it together." he said laughing, waiting for the others to get their own piece of brownie.

Courtney stared at the brownies before reaching for one hesitantly. "Okay guys, on the count of three. One, two, three.."

Three. At the same time as everyone else Hilary stuffed about half her 'brownie' into her mouth. The chocolaty taste flooded in followed by the supreme sugary sweet taste. They weren't too bad, but tasted like nothing she had EVER had before. She just looked up to see everyone else's reactions to the taste.

Kale plopped his portion of the brownie in his mouth, and immediately spit it out. "Yuck!" he exclaimed. "It's salty, good job Courtney!" Kale stated sarcastically and laughed.

Lily took a big bite of her brownie square. She was kinda shocked to taste mostly marshmallows.

"Hey not bad. Looks like I got the chunk with all the marshmallows and hot chocolate mix! Mmmm." she said with her mouth full. Then her expression changed and she spit out the brownie into the trash. "Nevermind. There's the salt. Where is the milk when you need it!"

Lily started to raid the cupboards for a glass when all of a sudden, a pitcher of ice cold milk and four glasses appeared on the counter.

"Thanks to whichever elf provided that!" she cried into the air while she grabbed a glass to wash down the nasty taste in her mouth.

Hilary took the jug and poured herself a glasss of milk. "Well I don't know what you're all complaining about.....I got like no salt in mine, it was just like pure sugar and chocolate." The great thing about these brownies was that every piece would be different and they were so unprodictable. She cut another of the brownies in half and found that the knife was stuck. "I think I found the honey Courtney!!" she said with a smile.

Courtney took a bite of the brownie and chewed for a bit but couldn't manage to swallow it. She spit it into the nearest garbage can. "Wow, that was salty!"

She peered at the large amount of brownies left in the pan. "So who do you suggest we give these to? I mean, some are good, and we can't just waste them."

Hilary looked around at her companions....hmmm who to *share* with. "Well we could just all go around handing out random brownies to people..." she smiled and thought about it some more.

"For Professor Manteia!" he excalimed jokingly while chucking his piece of the brownie down the sink. "I'm not going to have anymore of those!" Kale said while sticking out his tongue with disgust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back