Hunger

Courtney Potter

Wand
Best wand ever!
Courtney wandered into the kicthen, hoping to be unnoticed by the house elves. She had a massive craving for brownies and hoped this would be the spot to find the ingredients.

She looked in a cupboard and found a bag of flour. "Aha!"

Hilary walked into the kitchen, she had been here once before but all she had done was eaten some cookies. She noticed Courtney standing there talking, holding a bag of flour. She walked up behind her very quietly unnoticed. "You know talking to flour, first sign of insanity...."

"Oi!" Courtney shouted, she had not been expecting anyone to sneak up on her. She turned around as was quite relieved to see Hilary and not a house elf.

"I may be insane, but I'll have brownies!" Courtney cackled.

Hilary smiled at her quidditch captain "Well I think you've always known I was quite insane so I shall join you and your future brownies." Then her smile faltered a little they hadn't really hung out outside of quidditch so she added quickly. "unless you don't want me too..."

"Of course I want you to stay. I mean, I need someone who knows a recipe!" Courtney stated encouragingly.

She then opened more cupboards and pulled out random ingredients. Looking at the array of baking substances on the counter, she grinned. "I think this shall do!"

Hilary looked down and saw that Courtney was going crazy with ingredients but had forgotten some of the essentials. Hilary looked under the counter and found a big bowl and then rumaged through some drawers until she found some mesuring cups and spoons. "Okay THIS shall do..." Hilary said with a smile.

Courtney nodded at the bowl and other kitchen things. There were far too many items on the counter to fit into the bowl, and she didn't know where to begin. Baking was proving itself to be quite a complicated task. "Now what?" She asked, with a rather puzzled look on her face.

"Okay Courtney I know how to make brownies...." Hilary smiled seeing as Courtney had taken out everything from Ketchup to Cheese Crackers. "Okay first step let's put away all these random things..." she picked up a random bag of chips "Okay, no" she giggled looking through all the random stuff on the counter as she picked through it.

Lily had been wandering the castle and somehow ended up down by the kitchen. She heard familiar voices coming from inside, so she stuck her head in the door to see Courtney and Hilary raiding the cupboards.

"Hey girls! Can I join you? What'cha making?" she asked with a smile, hoping they would not be offended that she just snuck up on them.

Courtney picked up a bottle of steak sauce. "What's this? I didn't pull it out!" She said in a joking manner and stuck out her tongue. She placed it back in the cupboard and looked around, all the weird items seemed to be gone.

She gave Hilary a sly smile and pulled out a handful of flour from the bag. She tossed the flour in Hilary's direction and ran to the other side of the counter.

Courtney was still catching her breath when Lily walked in, "Hey!"

Hilary smiled at Courtney's joking. She put away some birthday candles and something labeled "Hiccough Powder". She put the bowl in the middle of the counter and smiled. "Okay flour, no not on me Courtney" she smiled as Courtney threw it at her instead.

Then she heard a voice she recognised and turned "Hi Lily, come join us....I'm making brownies and Courtney is making a mess." she jokingly stuck her tongue out at Courtney and thought back to her grandma's secret recipe.

"Well, for starters you can help control Courtney" she smiled "Just joking Courtney, we need flour 1 1/3 cups of it." she smiled "and in the bowl please Courtney."

Courtney crossed her arms and began to laugh. "Oh come on, hiccough powder SO can be used to make brownies!"

She grabbed the bag of flour and poured a large heap into the bowl. "One ingredient down, what next?"

"Here Courtney. Let me show you how to do it." Lily said. She grabbed the measuring cup set and got out the one cup and the one third cup ones. She dipped them into the flour that was in the bowl now and placed them on the counter. She grabbed a new bowl and put the flour into that one.

"Courtney, can you help me dump the rest of this flour back into the bag? This is a little too much in here!" she said with a giggle.

"Okay, I think you've spent a little too much time with Liz....only she would make brownies that make you Hiccough." Hilary smiled "Okay that's good. I'll get the cocoa powder, 1/2 a cup."

Courtney waved her hand in the air. "Nah! We can use all of the flour, we'll just have a giant batch of brownies."

"And Hilary," Courtney added. "Time spent with Liz is time well spent! I've learned a lot from her."

Lily grabbed the measuring cups and added another cup and a half to the bowl.
"There. I got most of it now. Looks like we got enough for a double batch." Lily said with a giggle. "So we need to have a cup of cocoa now Hil."

"I got it!" Courtney shouted as she pulled a can of hot chocolate out of the cupboard. "I love the stuff with the marshmallows."

Kale was walking down the hall when he could have sworn that he heard echoes of familiar voices, he walked toward the kitchen and popped his head through the door hoping to just get a glimpse inside. At the sight of Courtney, Lily and Hilary he smiled, "Hey guys....what're you up to?" he inquired, checking out the mess they've made.

Lily giggled, knowing that the unsweetened baking kind was what they really needed, but deciding to go with Courtney's powder.

"Hey Kale! Come on in! We're making brownies!" Lily said laughing while she was measuring out the hot chocolate.

"Brownies??" Kales eyes brightened, and his mouth began to water. "I love brownies!" he cried out loud as if they were godesses and jumped on the countertop to take a seat.

Courtney put on a stern face and pointed at Kale. "Sitting on the countertop? Detention!"

She tried to keep a serious face for a few moments, but couldn't control her laughter. "I'm kidding buddy," she said in between giggles and patted his back.

Hilary smiled and grabbed a bag a sugar and poured a cup of it into the bowl. She reached for the bad again and realised the label was folded over.

Lily reached for the bag at the same time as Hilary. She unfolded the label and realized it was actually salt!

"Um, Hil. Stop! That is salt!!" she screamed as Hilary was dumping in the last of the cup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back