White Rabbit

Sapphire Bookchild

OOC First Name
Ana V.
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
Sapphire was sitting on the grass with a cup of tea in her hands. She had just gotten it for breakfast while thinking that it was wonderful that she could choose what she wanted to eat in the morning. She was waring normal clothes of course but she had a Hufflepuff pin over her right shirt pocket. Unlike her siblings she was proud to be a Hufflepuff. Any house was better than now house. She knew that Oscar had been hoping for Gryffendor but he had gotten in the house that she had wanted to be in. Ravenclaw, how wonderful would it have been for her to be in Ravenclaw.

Hufflepuff was alright though. Everyone that had been sorted into Hufflepuff had seemed nice so she didn't see why she would be able to fit in with that house. That was if anyone didn't mind sign language. She had watched all her friends be sorted into houses as well as others that she didn't know. For the first time Sapphire didn't see why she could be more out there. There was always the threat of bullies but that came with going to school. All in all she was happy to be here. Sapphire took in the sights from the edge of the lake with a bright smile on her face.

((Sorry if Oscar was supposed to post first, I saw that it said Mad Tea Party and wasn't sure if I could post first. Apologies.))

Penelope sighed. She really didn't think she belonged in Gryffindor. Brave? Her? No way. She was hoping for Ravenclaw. But the sorting hat had said she would do best in Gryffindor. She wasn't quite so sure. She was wandering near the lake, hoping to find someone, anyone who would make her day. Just as she was thinking this, she noticed a girl a while away. She ran a few steps and looked again. It was Sapphire, the Door Mouse of the Mad Tea Party. She ran towards her friend.

When she arrived she sat next to her friend. "Hi there, Door Mouse," Penelope said. "How have you been?" She smiled at her friend. They had only met once, but Sapphire was considered a friend. Everyone in the Mad Tea Party was. "I got sorted in to Gryffindor. I don't think I'm brave at all, though."

((It's ok really))

Sapphire smiled wide when Penelope, the White Queen, sat next to her. Your brave your highness, your very brave. I know your going to make a great Gryffendor. Sapphire said in her famous sign language. Oscar was getting better about talking to her and Silence was like her. They understood each other though. That was all that mattered. She really thought that Penelope would make a great Gryffendor. Sapphire blew out her cheeks then puffed. I'm a Hufflepuff She said. The puff was her made up sign for the house. She was very happy to be in the house she was in but that didn't mean that she could make fun of it even a little. Sapphire offered Penelope her cup as a sort of comfort if Penelope needed it though.

Oscar had been a little surprised at the choice of House. He had in the last moments before he was sorted believed that he would become a Slytherin. Like his sister. Oscar would've hated himself if he'd become one of those. He had been placed in Ravenclaw which was prehaps the best compliment anyone had ever paid him. He was no the stupid boy in the corner of the room. No Oscar was smart he remembered a lot, and while he was not always good at the partical side of things Oscar could remember it. How to do it. Oscar had always believed his brain to be odd in that way. But it wasn't that, he was just a different kind of smart. Oscar had watched Sapphire and Andie get sorted. He had hoped both would be in the same house as him but Sapphire had become a Hufflepuff, and Andie a Gryffindor. Both very fitting houses, but Oscar knew no one in Ravenclaw. He would soon.

It was one of te first days at hogwarts and Oscar was dressed in his usual baggy clothing. He wore a thick and overly big jumper even for Oscar's slightly bigger build than most his age. He walked out of Ravenclaw tower and down to the grounds where he had been inform of a gathering where Sapphire was going to be there. Oscar missed his friend and really wanted to see her. He had also forgoten that nickname she had given him. Mainly because Oscar had never seen Alice and Wonderland. Oscar noticed two people sitting under a tree. Oscar smiled and walked over. Hr walked there with a new sense of happiness. Life was on the up. Everything was going to be better now. He could tell. Oscar knew. There was no left to hold him back. Nothing left to bring him down. He was one of the strongest in the whole of First Year. Hebwoule be seen as the bully rather than the bullied. Oscar walked closer and was soon at the two. Oscar looked at the standing girl, who was not Sapphire and smiled at her.

"I don't believe we have met. I'm Oscar." The ravenclaw boy said in his usual voice which did not sing or sound any differnt at any point there was however a hint of happiness. Oscar then looked round and smiled at Sapphire. He got down and gave his friend a hug as a greeting. He noticed the badge on her chest. And pointed to it, before giving a small thumbs up and smiling. He was asking if she was pleased wih the house she'd been given, he knew she had had her heart set on Ravenclaw. Oscar watched Sapphire closely as he sat down beside her and waited for a response.

Penelope continued to smile. "Either that or the sorting hat is getting old and can't sort people very well," she said. "And Hufflepuff is a great house. I had just been hoping for Ravenclaw."

She smiled at the boy who joined them. "Oh but we have," she said. "At the meadow near Brightstone. We met there. Although I only remember it vaguely. I'm Penelope Fournier. Also known as 'White Queen'. Thanks for that nickname, by the way, Door Mouse."

Oscar felt a little bad that he hadn't remembered her. He smiled slightly. "I'm sorry I didn't remember you." Oscar apologized to the girl, in his usual quiet and quite emtionless voice hinting ever so slightly at an apologetic tone. He knew how annoying it would be for someone to forget a name. he hated when it happened to him. He really did. Which was why he felt so bad now.

"Either way, it's nice to meet you White Queen. I don't remember much from that day, I can't remember why. I am sure I was given a nickname, do you know what it is?" Oscar addressed this question to both girls. He smiled at them both, while trying to remember why he couldn't remember that day.

"No worries," Penelope said, still smiling. "I wasn't my usual talkative self there, so it's understandable. Besides, I barely remember it myself. It's a vague memory." She didn't want Oscar feel bad. Maybe she shouldn't have mentioned it. She punched herself mentally. Why did she have to go and do that? She made a mental note to think before speaking. She wasn't going to do well with people if she didn't think before speaking.

"Nice to meet you as well," she said. "Uhhh. I don't remember, sorry. Wait." Penelope thought as hard as she could. "White Knight or something like that, I think."

Sapphire smiled wide at Oscar when she thumbed up her Hufflepuff status. Really Sapphire was just happy to be at Hogwarts at all and not have to go back to Bella-Donna manor. She did want to see someone else that wasn't part of the Mad Tea party and that was Danial. She couldn't see him do something like this but then she could see him do anything just yet. He needed to heal a little bit more before he could start thinking about taking anything on. Still Sapphire wanted to see what Danial grew into. Sapphire wanted to see what the seven years of Hogwarts would do to them all.

She was a bit sad that Oscar didn't remember his Tea Party name but then it had been such an obsucre reference that she wasn't surprised. Sapphire nodded and smiled again when Penelope thanked her for the nickname White Queen. She guessed Oscar's nickname aswell. That's right he's the white night. She signed with a wide smile. She had to see if she had friends in every class. Sapphire wasn't looking forward to having to introduce herself to the class but if she had a friend there she could have them traslate. Even though some of them didn't understand the actual language they understood her quite well.

((I didn't even know this was here))

Nadia walked around the lake front. She was excited about becoming a Ravenclaw. She couldn't control her excitement and had been telling any-one who would listen. She was walking around in her uniform and as per usual she had a book in her hand. She hadn't seen any of her friends since that day in Brightstone village. And that was atleast a month ago. She was sad that she hadn't seen them, but she knew what house Penelope and Sapphire were in. She was sad that they didn't get the houses they had wanted but, that couldn't be helped.

Just as she looked up she saw a group of kids and couldn't be happier. They were her friends. She ran over to them and smiled. "Hey Doormouse, White queen, white knight" she greeted each as she sat beside Penelope. She smiled again as she remembered she had her famous chocolates in her bag. She pulled them out and offered them to every-one before taking one herself.

Oscar felt very bad for the fact he couldn't remember. He had a bad memory yes. But surely he would remember the meeting of friends. Oscar thought hard. Avoiding Sapphires eyes as he thought. Surely he should've been able to remember. What else could've happened that would've meant that he would forget about that day. Oscar let out a sigh. Thankfully the other girl. Nadia her name possibly was arrived. She greeted them all. He couldn't remember the story of Alice in Wonderland. He would be sure to check out what his nickname actually meant. It would be good to know that. Oscar shook his head at the chocolate. Oscar thought that maybe it because there had been something major at the dance school. But then why would Oscar forget that. He would be banished to hisnroom to stay until whatever it was as over. Oscar was glad to have said goodbye to that school. It was a terrible school. Oscar was glad to be somewhere that actually acknowledge his existance. Oscar looked at Sapphire and with ansorry smile shook his head. Saying sorry to the fact he couldn't remember that day. Oscar then looked round to nadia and smiled at her.

"I heard you made Ravenclaw Nadia. Me too." Oscar said with a smile at the girl. It would be good to have someone from with in the group in his house and in all his classes. It was always good to know at least one person.

Elizabeth made her way to the lakefront, excited that she was going to meet her friends. She loved spending time with them, because they all seemed to understand eachother, they were all a bit quirky too, which meant that as a group they were less likely to be picked on than when they were singled out. "Hey!" Effie said, smiling as she approached the group, she was a little late but she had been exploring the grounds like the true Gryffindor she was. She sat down with the group and smiled. She knew that Oscar and Nadia had made Ravenclaw, but she hadn't seen the others. "So which houses did you guys get into?" she asked, placing her old bike down on the grass next to her.

Hogwarts was feeling like a new start for Effie, away from her family. She didn't fully know what was going on between her parents, and Lucas had tried to explain, but lately she felt so lost. Perhaps a day with her friends would highten her mood. Elizabeth smiled and remembered her nickname they had given her. The mad hatter, very fitting.

Nadia smiled at Oscar. "Thank goodness, I was worried that I wouldn't know anybody" She said as she smiled at everyone. Nadia remembered the day they had all met perfectly. Sapphire had been playing the flute. She looked at Sapphire. "Doormouse, do you have your flute?" She asked as she smiled at her friend. It had drawn them all in last time, maybe it would this time, they weren't all here yet.

Then she looked at Effie whom had just approached. "Hey Mad Hatter, how goes it?" She asked.

Sapphire saw that a few more of her friends arrived and smiled wide. She wanted to jump out of her skin she was so happy that all of her friends where here. She loved the fact that she hadn't run into anyone that was truly mean. Sapphire watched them all greet each other then started to sign herself. Congratulations on making Ravenclaw She listened again very quietly until she was addressed again.

Sapphire nodded. She had her flute with her of course. She wouldn't leave that in the house for Zeal to find and hurt. It had her name on it, it was hers. Sapphire dug in her ever present bag and took out the sterling sliver instrument. Any requests? She asked with one hand. Seeing how people made it into different houses made her happy. She would always have someone to tell the teachers what she was saying. That and she would repay them by letting them see her notes.

Nadia smiled when she saw the familar silver flute. She was always comfortable when she saw it. Or even when she thought of it. The Sapphire asked if she had any requests. Se smiled, there was only one song she wanted to hear right now, and she knew that the others would like it too. "Play the song Doormouse, Play our song" She said know that Sapphire would know she meant the first song Sapphire had played the first time they had meant. The Wonderland song. It was their song, the groups song.

Penelope watched as more people came. Mad Hatter and Alic.e. She took one of Nadia's chocolates and ate it. Delicious as usual. "Hey, guys," she said when she had finished the chocolate. "It's nice to see you again, Alice. I got sorted in to Gryffindor, Mad Hatter. What about you?" She smiled. Her friends. She could be herself around them. She felt like she belonged in this group. She truly did. She nodded at Nadia's request. "Yeah, that one," she said.

Sapphire nodded Anything for our Alice. Sapphire signed with one hand then put the flute to her lips. A very marry unbirthday came from Sapphire's flute she just hoped that someone else would come and listen to her play. They where missing a few friends. The Caterpillar and the Card where not here. Then again they could catch up later. She wondered if this was life was meant to be like. Friends all over and her playing something pretty on her flute.

Of course Sapphire's life had never been anything like that. All she could remember where the walls of Bella-Donna manor and her siblings. The way they where turned into what they where. Instead of becoming sad Sapphire poured all her emotions into her flute to make the happiest tune possible. When her friends where around it was always a happy occasion. She knew that she would make friends in her house. Not good friends of course but she would get to know people and smile. That was what she was best at smiling.

Benny had heard that the others were meeting by the lake, and rushed out to follow. He had been so lonely in Ravenclaw; keeping to his self over the past few days. Benny had been cut of from his family. Olive was a Hufflepuff, and Aroha was a Gryffindor. If only Benny were with one of the others, he would be the happiest little boy around. But instead he was a Ravenclaw, and instead of brooding he decided to do his best, the hat must've put his in Ravenclaw for some reason.

Benny heard the flute a small while off, and recognising the tune from that day in Brightstone he followed it to the others. "Hi everyone," he said contentedly. He wanted to sing along to the music, but he selfconciously reteated a little more into himself, surveying the others peacefully.

Nadia smiled her thanks at Sapphire and started to hmm the tune softly along with the flute. She felt comfortable here. Here where her friends were. She had been unhappy the past few days, having heard the horrible news about her mother and two young siblings. She had been shocked by the news of their death and had retreated far into herself. But being with her friends made her happy. She didn't seem sad on the outside. She didn't want the others to know that her family was gone. All she had now were her cousins and her father. And her Aunt and uncle ofcourse. But it was going to be very different without her brother, sister and mother. She sighed slightly and just listened quietly to the song quietly singing the words.

She looked at Benny and smiled slightly. "Hey Card, or was it Caterpillar?" She asked unsure.

Oscar did not do well in crowds. Even if they were all surrounded by friends. He smiled as Effy appeared, remembering her as she had known his name. Oscar liked Effy, she seemed nice but somewhat tortured. Oscar did not mind it. He would've greeted her but the other girls seemed to do that for him.he just leaned back, pushing himself slightly out from the crowd as Sapphire got out her flute and began to play. He shoved his hands into hisnpockets and listened to her play. Te flute was an amazing instrument, and while Oscar was unfamiliar with the song it had a memorable tune. Oscar was smiling, he kept watching then around him. Keeping his face in an emotionless smiling positin. He loved listening to people play instruments. Even more so a close friend. It felt to Oscar in this group of girl, that in more than an obvious way, he was the odd one out. Mainly through a fault of his own he was sure. Oscar looked over to Sapphire and ten round the group smiling at each of them, making sure he knew every persons name. Oscar did, until the other boy arrived. Oscar had no clue what this guy was called. He greeted the boy by nodding his head but did not say anything. Oscar was a quiet person. Henwasn't overly out going. He was himself. always.

In Oscar's mind he could hear the cold laughter of the boys and girls from his old school. Oscar had always been the odd one out. The one that worked hard but never really got anywhere . The boy with no talent in dancing and still not mixed out. It was a status thing they always said. Oscar was only at school because of his family. His parents, and his great grandparents. Oscar was the first dancer in his family tonhave no dancing talent. That was in classical. Oscar knew if he had been taught street, or break dancing he would've done a lot better. Oscar's mind was not in the same blue as where his body was. His body shuddered as henremembered those peole. His hazel brown eyes were spaced out it would be clear to them that this Little Ravenclaw, wasn't as please about a crowd of people as they are were.

Penelope continued to smile. "Hi, Caterpillar," she said. "How have you been?" The question was more towards everyone, not just Caterpillar. She loved to be with her friends. It made her happy. Very happy. Like she could get away from the stress she felt with family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back