Estrella Drage

Obliviator for MACUSA | HNZ 1st Graduating Class

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Estrella was exceptionally tired after her fifth class of Astronomy, her expression showing it as she made her way out of the class, her eyelids drooping and her mouth pulled down in a frown. Astronomy was one class she truly detested, and it never improved her mood throughout the day, which was quite a short fuse lately. Due to the declining number of students in her class, she figured that no one was walking behind her, her pace turning into a slow gait, not exactly watching where she was going.

As Astronomy was later in the day, she decided that she would try out her moonglasses that she had gotten as a Christmas present from her father once in for all, pulling the spectacles out of her bag and looking at them. She was a bit wary as she brought them over her dark eyes, looking like the stereotypical librarian as she tried to get some effect from them by looking into shadows that haunted the various nooks and crannies of the towers. However, her vision was blurred considerably, the mix of daylight and darkness not a good blend for the perception of her surroundings.

Sophia got out of the Astronomy classroom a bit later than she would have preferred, usually darting out as soon as she could. She walked swiftly down the corridor, her messenger bag slung over her right shoulder and across her chest. As she was making her way down the corridor, Sophia passed by Estrella and they bumped into each other. It was not really evident who had bumped into whom, but Sophia stopped and turned to Estrella with an angry expression.

"Perhaps you should watch where you are going," she said snidely, looking down her nose at Estrella.

Estrella jumped a bit as she bumped into someone, her body becoming rigid as she was addressed so rudely, ripping off her moonglasses and turning to glare at Sophia, her dark eyes narrowing. "What's gotten into you?" she replied haughtily, wondering what in the world was wrong with the person who was supposed to be somewhat of a friend.

Sophia smirked as she stared down at Estrella, her pale face showing a smug expression. "Nothing has gotten into me as you say. I have simply realized something as of late. In any case, I do not appreciate my progress being hindered by someone who is not as focused as she could be."

With that Sophia turned on her heel, her long black hair swinging around her behind her, and began down the hall again. She was still smirking, wondering if Estrella would try and stop her.

Estrella was quite affronted by Sophia's reply, her expression turning cold, something that was unusual for her and was eerily reminiscent of her father. "I apologize for hindering your progress, Queen Sophia," she replied cattily, stepping forward a bit, stopping on her heel as she smirked. "Do tell me, your highness, have you yet come to the realization how big of a b1tch you've been lately?" She wasn't inclined to swear at her friends, or call them that particular word, for that matter, but at the moment, she couldn't really consider Sophia that of a cordial acquaintance, and she believed that that was the right word to use.
((Is Sophia really tall or something?))

[She is taller than average, yes. I was unsure as to how tall Estrella was, but Sophia is tall and thin.]

Sophia stopped as the profanity escaped from Estrella's mouth, turning on her heel to face Estrella with an icy look on her pale face but a fire in her golden eyes. It quite amused Sophia to hear Estrella calling her Queen Sophia and You Highness, but the last word was not a necessary one.

"Some would call me that, yes, but those are the weak ones. They are the ones who cannot handle power and greatness. Now if you will excuse me, I need to find someone who is worthy of my time." Sophia shot a smug look to Estrella and turned once more, beginning yet again to walk down the corridor.

((Estrella's about 5'5'', so she's not exactly short but isn't really tall either. I always figured Estrella was kind of thick too ^_^))

"But what would your inclination be to call yourself strong?" Estrella shouted back after Sophia, her expression flushing red, the color in her face a rather dark hue. Something welled up inside her that had not been there before; she may have had squabbles with her friends, Sophia being the most frequent, but no one had made her this angry. "Your actions don't exhibit you above the weak in any case. You hide behind your excuses for being the way you are, Sophia, and calling me weak is rather hypocritical." Her hands had started to shake, feeling the glasses in her hands start to shudder, something that was wholly unnatural. She felt like she was going to explode, her eyes stripped of any trace of the kindness and confusion that they usually exhibited, filled instead with rage.

Ford stumbled slightly after awaking from a nice nap that neatly coincided with his astronomy lesson for the day. His mind still slightly foggy from sleep, he blindly walked ahead, not entirely noticing who was around him. You'd figure that wizards would have come up with a substitute for caffeine, he thought irritably to himself.

He looked up from the floor, trying to waken himself to see to figures ahead of him. One he instantly recognized to be Sophia, the other took him seconds longer to get. Upon hearing the voice, which he recognized to be Estrella's, and hearing the tone, he stood up and made more vigorous attempts to liven himself. As words had not registered themselves to his brain, he didn't know exactly what had just transpired, but he got the emotional situation quite clearly by the increasingly crisp-appearing expressions on the girls' faces. He slowed his pace and walked up to stand by Sophia, but not saying anything. He hoped to figure out what exactly was being...discussed...before it came to that.

Sophia turned yet again to face Estrella, pleased to see that Ford had joined them. Perhaps he will be on my side, she thought, hoping that he would be. If not, things would not end well for her.

"As much as you think you know about me Estrella, you know nothing. Talk about excuses, who blew up an entire corridor in my home? Why? Because someone said something about your dead mother? You cannot control your emotions. Look at you, steam is practically ready to escape your ears you are so red."

"Says the girl who lights people on fire," Estrella snarled back, although quietly, unable to deny the truth of what Sophia had said. "I don't feel particularly sorry for that, since I was being held in your home against my will."

She felt quite overwhelmed now that Sophia had someone to stand beside her, and she had no one, suddenly feeling extremely alone. Who did she have to stand beside her? Kale wasn't here, and she wasn't exactly sure if he would side with his housemates or her.

She attempted to regain control, turning back to Sophia. "I can say that I know something about you, Sophia- You're a way different person than you used to be. It's like the old you was killed, and someone took an overdose of Polyjuice Potion and stayed permantently in that state."

[I forgot to add this before, but 5'5" is actually tall for a 14 year old girl. The average height for a 20 year old is actually only 5'4", and the average height for a 14 year old is around 5'3".]

"Than I used to be? Estrella, remember that you have known me for a short period of my life. You have no idea who I really am, and cannot possibly be certain that the Sophia you have seen prior to this year was the real me. You know nothing."

Sophia glared down her nose as Estrella, standing with her chin slightly raised. She wondered if Ford would say anything, anxious to see if he was on her side.

Suddenly, Ford wished he had not stumbled into this conversation. He knew Sophia would want him to back her up, but he really didn't know what he could add to this conversation.

What in the Nine Hells is a polyjuice potion? He thought to himself, And what are they arguing about? He continued incredulously in his own mind. Keeping his expression blank, he questioned calmly, his weariness disappearing, "What's going on?"

Estrella glared back at Sophia with equal intensity, attempting to keep her anger in check. "I know that I thought you were my friend, but apparently, I was the one who was at folly." She started to turn away, and she added spitefully, "And if you can't tell that your father is a lying git, Sophia, you're a lot less intelligent than I thought you were." She knew how wrong it was to say something like that, but she wasn't in the mood to be cordial at the moment.

Sophia as quite displeased with the mention of her father but did not let it show to anyone. She kept the smirk on her face and turned to Ford, who had asked what was going on.

"Estrella simply needs to watch where she is going and what she says in public. She thinks she knows so much, but is quite sadly mistaken."

Estrella was quite affronted by Sophia's explanation to Ford, turning to her angrily. "You just as easily bumped into me, Sophia; I cannot take the blame for you tripping over your own feet." She stepped forward a bit, giving Sophia an emaciated frown, her dark eyes cold and trained on the Slytherin girl. "Watching what I say in public? I'm going to express my opinion when I feel it is appropriate, and I can assure you, I am not going to bend and break just because everyone else seems to be frightened of you."

Ford was now quite confused, All this because they bumped into each other? He thought, but quickly erased that as the reason, because only people who lived in New York would get this angry about bumping shoulders in a hallway. And given what he knew about Sophia, she wouldn't back down until she was far and away from Estrella. He gave a small sigh, then spoke up, "Let's be calm about this," he said commandingly, Whatever this is, "This isn't going to go anywhere or end well. Estrella, head back to the Ravenclaw common room and cool off." His tone was one which dictated that the recipient best not question what was said, lest consequences be mentioned. "We will go back to Slytherin and keep away from you for the time being, until all concerned are well enough to see the others."

Sophia shifted her golden-eyed gaze to Ford, a bit taken aback by his approach. Is he not in my side? She refused to let her doubts show and simply turned back to Estrella with a smirk.

"I was on my way to the Slytherin Common Room in the first place," she said smoothly before turning on her heel, her long black hair whipping around behind her, and beginning down the corridor once more.

Estrella was quite taken aback by Ford's response, to all of this, her dark eyes reflecting surprise, of what Sophia didn't seem to show. "As I was going to Ravenclaw," Estrella muttered after Sophia, and with one last glare after the girl's back and a confused glance at Ford, she surprisingly decided to take his word and do what she was told, something that she normally would have been stubborn about.

She made her way down the corridor slowly, however, the flushed color in her face still present; who did Sophia think she was? An adult, ordering her around like that? The respect that she had used to hold for Sophia had now disappated, taking her time as she looked out the windows, sighing as she watched some first years swimming in the lake. She suddenly reflected on a time where she, Drueyna and Bruin had gone swimming, still carefree at the age of eleven. It saddened her now to think about the numbers of her fellow third years dwindling; first Drueyna, then Rose and Liz, her gaze misty. She just wasn't all that sure about anyone anymore.

Ford stood in the hallway alone, each of the girls had separated. He had thought that his words made it clear that he was siding with Sophia, in that he didn't actually tell her to do anything and say that "we" would go back to the Slytherin common room, grouping himself in with her. What the hell was that.

Did she just want him to stand by and wait for Estrella to explode and eventually leading things down a road that could only end with professors getting involved. Couldn't girls swallow their pride for half a second to see reason? Part of him confused and the other angry and frustrated, he began walking quickly to catch up to Sophia. He was quite confused and hopefully the ensuing conversation would be enlightening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back