Visiting Old Places

Rhyspa Marinescu

OOC First Name
Katie; Mini Me
Wand
Willow Wand 14" Unicorn Tail Hair
Rhyspa was on her way back from the Lake Front, her mind buzzing with thoughts. She was getting a bit behind on school work again, but she was trying to keep up. Her fingers gripped the cuffs of her woolen coat as she walked up the staircase. Rhyspa loved cold weather, but she preferred toasty 74 degree weather of the summer.

The girl stopped at a painting and looked at it. It held a girl, she assumed so because of the dress and long curling locks of hair. She appeared to be gazing out at the lake and the mountains past it. Rhyspa thought of her fathers home in Ireland and the summers she spent swimming in the lake.

Kat was wandering around the castle, trying to stop that swimming feeling in her head caused by the massive amounts of studying she'd done over the last few hours. No particular destination in mind, she meandered up and down staircases. Eventually she got hungry and thought that she might head to the kitchen for a snack. As she made her way down the second floor corridor towards the next set of back stairs she saw Rhyspa standing looking at a painting, looking deep in her thoughts. Kat walked over to her and said cheerfully, "Hullo stranger!" Her friend didn't respond to her, she just kept staring at the painting. Kat was a bit worried now as this wasn't like Rhyspa at all. She flashed her hand in front of her friends eyes and said a littler louder, "Whoo-hoo!! Rhyspa? You with us?"

Rhyspa's eyes remained focused on the painting. She didn't understand why it held her to it. Rhyspa thought she knew the girl in it, her hair was a very familiar shade of brown and red and the freckles sprayed across the face were almost like her own. There was an uncanny likeness of her in the painting.

Rhyspa heard a voice but she ignored it, thinking someone was just passing by. Then the voice said something else all together and a small, feminine hand waved in front of her eyes. She turned to see who it was and saw Katalina.

"Hello Kat," Rhyspa smiled, her voice serene.

Kat looked at her friend puzzled. "Umm are you okay?" she asked, slightly worried that Rhyspa might be having a fit or something.

"I'm fine," Rhyspa replied. "This picture just looks so familiar." She gently touched the brush strokes on the canvas.

Kat was starting to get slightly freaked out. This wasn't like Rhyspa to act so out of it. It's like her friend was on a completely different planet. "Rhyspa you're scaring me. Something's wrong. Please tell me what's going on. You're acting like you've gone mad or something." Kat said slightly panic stricken. At least we're close to the hospital wing if she's having a fit or the like. she thought as she watched her friend stroke the canvas.

[I hope you don't mind me butting in, but I havent had a decent RP in days :p]

Nina was wondering when she saw 2 girls standing by a painting so she decided she would see what the fuss was about. "Hey, what's going on?" Nina asked the girls she hadn't met before.

[But right now I have to go to be, Night :D]

"Kat," Rhyspa said, becoming a bit exasperated. "I am fine. There's just something uncanny about this picture. It's way too familiar. I've seen it before, I just don't know where."

Rhyspa heard someone walking towards them and turned to see who it was. Nina Patrokov she said mentally.

"Nothing really," Rhyspa answered. "Just looking at this picture."

"Fine!" Kat snapped, feeling more than slightly irritated now. It probably looks familiar because we walk past it everyday on the way to the Great Hall! she thought sarcastically, but then felt guilty for being a bit of a twit about it. "If you're sure you're fine then I guess I believe you." she added in a semi-apologetic tone. Just then a girl, the Hogwarts Scotland champion, came upon them. Kat forced a smile and said to the girl, "Hullo. We're just discussing this picture." It was a bit of a lie, but Kat didn't care right at the moment.

"Look, Kat," Rhyspa began. "I'm sorry I made you worry. I just don't know why my mind seems to be so enthralled by this picture." Rhyspa rubbed her face with her hands.

Kat sighed heavily and said, "I think our problem my friend is that we worry entirely too much about each other, but what are best friends for." She went to hug Rhyspa, hoping that her friend wasn't angry with her. "So...tell me what it is about this painting that has you so captivated." she added with genuine curiosity.

Rhyspa smiled and agreed with Kat and hugged her friend. "I honestly don't know why it's so captivating. It looks like someone I know." She thought for a moment and had an epiphany.

"Kat, I need a magnifying glass," Rhyspa said with all seriousness.

"Urm...I don't have one. Well not on me anyways. Hold on i'll run upstairs and get it." Kat said, and with that she took off for her dorm. She looked around her room for a few minutes and finally found it and then ran back downstairs to where she'd left Rhyspa and Nina. "Here!" she said feeling out of breath as she handed the magnifying glass to her friend. Kat was overly curious as to what it was Rhyspa needed the magnifying glass for and was hoping that her friend would reveal this soon enough.

Nina watched as the two girls fought and then sort of backed up, discreatly then when she got fare enough she walked away quickly, these two girls sort of scared her.

[Sorry I couldn't think of anyother way to get Nina out of an RP I am really busy and probably wont be coming on very much aside from the TWT and maybe the exams]

Rhyspa grinned and took the magnifying glass and held it up to the painting. "Thank you," she smiled. Now, the face of the subject was larger, she could tell who it was. Rhyspa almost dropped the magnifying glass when she figured out who it was. She turned to face Kat.

"Kat," Rhyspa said, barely audible. "That's my Nana Lorena."

Kat screwed her face up in confusion. "Your who? Who is that and how in the bloody name of Merlin do you know that?" she asked Rhyspa, her confusion growing greater and greater by the second.

[Ahaha! Your post is all screwed up! :lol: ]

Rhyspa laughed. "Kat, that's my great grandmother! Her name is Lorena." She knew it was random and almost unbelievable, but that looked exactly like her great grandmother fifty years ago. "It's random, huh," Rhyspa smiled. "That's why it looks so familiar. I've seen paintings of her when I was little."

((I don't know what the frick was up with that, but i fixed it :wacko: ))

"Why would there be a picture of your great grandmother hanging here in the school?" Kat asked still confused at to what this all meant.

"I've no clue," Rhyspa said. "I find it rather odd. She must have posed one day for a painter and the Headmistress got a hold of it." Rhyspa felt odd talking about the painting so she thought about different things they could talk about.

"So, I heard Kailey told Njord," Rhyspa grinned. "I'm so proud of her."

Kat snorted as Rhyspa had a radical change of subject, but she played along to appease her friend. "I heard that she had finally told him. She's one brave girl that's for sure! I don't know if I would ever be able to do that!" Kat said smiling as she thought about it. The then looked at Rhyspa with a sly look on her face and asked, "So...got a date for the Yule Ball yet? Any new guys in your life as of late?" Kat was genuinely curious about this as her friend had never expressed any interest in any of the boys here at school...at least none that she knew of.

(Pre Dom :lol: )

Rhyspa knew Kat wasn't fooled, but she decided it was an unnecessary topic. She smiled at the thought of Kailey and Njord; she wondered if they would be going to Yule Ball together.

"Not as of late," Rhyspa grinned in answer to Kat's question. "I haven't seen any of the Durmstrang boys around much. Plus, I don't think of Bruin as someone I'd date, more like a big brother. Also, I'm not into younger boys, however adorable some may be. I'll feel like a mother." Rhyspa smiled, she wondered if Katalina had anyone in mind, they hadn't talked of Makato at all lately and Rhyspa wondered if he ran off again.

"What of you?" Rhyspa asked. "Seen anyone lately?"

"Nope. Haven't been asked yet." Kat said rather melancholy. To be honest she didn't feel much like talking about it, but knew that Rhyspa would pull it out of her eventually. "Yeah I haven't seen many Durmstrung students around lately. They stay on that boat like its some sort of sanctuary or something." she said laughing.

"Yeah, they seem to enjoy their own company," Rhyspa said. "I just wish they'd show themselves." She twiddled her thumbs and squished her face up. "Why can't they just show themselves? Maybe they aren't as attractive as we think they are," she said with all seriousness.

"So, Kat," Rhyspa said, a little concern in her voice. "Have you seen Makato around lately or did he have to leave?"

"Hmm, interesting theory you have about them being unattractive." Kat said contemplating the idea, though she knew it was false as she'd seen them at the banquet at the and knew that they were all for the most part beautiful.

Kat suddenly felt sick at the sound of his name. "I'm not sure which way I'm going with him anymore. He's still here, but...I just don't know."

"It's impossible for anyone of them to be unattractive," Rhyspa said. "I was just joking around." She had know idea why she felt the need to explain herself. "You know what, Kat," Rhyspa said. "If he isn't around and he's not talking to you, forget him. You shouldn't hang on to something that's not there. Maybe you should meet someone else."

Rhyspa wanted Kat to be happy so bad, she deserved someone who would treat her right. She felt already pitied the boy who would ever break Kat's heart again. Hell would be better than what Rhyspa would put him through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back