Under the tree

A

Anonymous

Drueyna strollod across the lawn, looking for a good tree to lay under. Spotting one, she went over and plopped down to look at the clouds. "So peaceful," she said to herself, and she released a long breath. She thought about her new classes, what she wanted to do, and how excited she was to be here, learning about hogwarts was the best thing of her life!

Bruin recognized the girl relaxing under the tree as a fellow Gryffindor and while it appeared that she was enjoying a well deserved rest, he couldn't pass up the opportunity to introduce himself.

"Hi, Drueyna is it???, he inquired "I'm sorry to interrupt what looks like a really good nap, but I thought that I should introduce myself. I'm Bruin."...he smiled and sat down...

What a perfect spot, Bruin thought to himself and before the poor girl could even respond, he continued this rather one-sided conversation...

"I hope you don't mind me joining you, but I think you've got the right idea..." he said as he fluffed up his book bag as if it was the world's finest pillow, "...and well, I think it's time for a nap...don't worry, I don't snore....much." he added with a snicker as he laid back and closed his eyes...

"Oh it's perfectly fine," She giggled, "you can call me Dru if you want, all my friends do." She gazed up at the sun for a moment taking in the day and wondering about the boy next to her. "It's okay, i talk in my sleep sometimes and i snore......i hope you don't mine me, " she told him, "good idea to bring something to lay on, may i copy?"

She gently reached into her pocket and pulled out her wand, raising it into the air she whispered "accio pillow".

"Would you like a jelly bean?" Dru said as she handed him the little bag.

Bruin laughed at himself...here he was trying lay his head down on a bag of school books when, if knew anything about magic at all, he could be summoning or transfiguring something into a luxurious pillow. So far, his experience with magic was pretty much limited to getting a few sparks to drizzle out the end of his wand with lumos and making a horse's backside out of himself during their first flying lesson.

"Well Dru, it's a pleasure to meet, er, you!" he stammered, looking at her rather embarassed for having made the poor rhyme with her name. He looked at the curious bag of jelly beans she had offered and having never met a candy he didn't like, reached into the bag. "Don't mind if I do..." he replied as he withdrew a yellowish-green coloured one. Odd colour for a candy he thought as he popped it into his mouth.

With the sudden realization that he was now chewing on something that could only be described as waxy, he gave her a half-hearted smile. "uuuhhhh thanks" he said as he passed the bag back to her, "...that was, um, interesting. What are those anyways???" he asked

"Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans!" Estrella laughed, walking into the situation. "Hey, Dru. Having a nice nap? Oh, hi, I think I saw you in the library earlier," she added, looking at the boy, his mouth pursed in disgust.

"You were waiting for a fight then. Haha, I can't believe that actually turned out to be a pleasant conversation! Oh, yeah, you just ate a nasty yellow bean, didn't you? Earwax. Yuck, I feel bad for you." She laughed heartily, and waited upon their replies.

"Ear wax???", Bruin responded, "What kind of idiot makes a candy that tastes like ear wax??? Worse yet, I suppose, what kind of idiot actually eats said candy??" Bruin laughed at himself and turned to Dru. "I won't forget this, I owe you one."

Bruin turned his attention back to the apparently much more worldly, at least when it came to magical candy, girl standing over him. "Do me a favour, eh! Next time I try to eat something nasty, please warn me. I'm Bruin, but you can call me Bru, all my friends do." he said extending his hand to young lady from Ravenclaw and giving Dru a quick wink.

"I'm glad to hear things ended up alright in the library...I was kind of surprised though because you looked like you could spit nails when I first saw you. What did our Slytherin friends say to get you all fired up?". Bruin was hopeful for some new information about Sophia and Ford. Every time that he thought about them he felt like he was trying to put together the pieces of a puzzle...with half of the pieces laying upside down.

"Haha, Bru and Dru!" Estrella laughed. "I'll get you mixed up all the time, now, hehe."

Her expression turned serious. "Well, it's all done and over with, but they were talking about one of my friends, who happens to be a muggleborn. I get angry easily, sorry, I've always been a spitfire and quick to do things." She agreed with Bruin; Slytherins were very interesting people.

"Well, I'll try and remember to stay on your good side then..." Bruin said and smiled at Estrella.

"So anyone got any special plans for our second week here???" Bruin added hoping to keep himself busy between classes and his new job at Gladrags.

"Nothing much. I have alot of free days, and only three classes this week," Estrella replied. "I'll probably read and wander the castle, like always. Hang out with friends too." She smiled at Bru and Dru.

"Wow, totally zoned out there for a second guys...." Dru said while she sat up. "Estrella! hey, haven't seen you for a while. Sorry Bru I couldn't resist, i don't actually eat them myself, unless i'm really bored and i want to amuse myself," Dru replied with a pleasant smirk of trickery, not in a bad way though, she liked to tease a little sometimes.

"So, i guess i chose the right spot to find friends," she smiled.

Bruin blushed a little, somebody had just referred to him as a friend. His biggest worry, and there were many, when he agreed to travel halfway around the world to begin this magical adventure was that he wouldn't be able to fit in. He had expected that everyone else was going to have a lot of prior experience with magic and take everything too seriously. He considered himself fortunate to have found a couple of people he could just hang out with and goof around so soon.

"I guess we all did..." Bruin said earnestly. He laid back on his school bag and looked up at the clouds. "So do you guys have an owl yet??? I can't wait to introduce you to Legend...he's amazing."

"I have a barn owl. Her name is Harper," Estrella replied. "But she usually doesn't have much to do. All of us should go meet up there sometime, so we can see each other's owls. Do you have one, Dru?" She asked the girl next to Bruin. "By the way, since you're Gryffindors, I think that we have Tranfiguration together on Friday."

"What??? :o" Bruin exclaimed..."we can't have another course starting??? I can barely keep up with the ones we've got!!!" Then thinking back to this past Friday, Bruin looked at Estrella and said, "Do you mean Herboloby??? I didn't think Transfigurmacation or whatever started until 2nd term..."

Bruin hoped that he was right and that another course wasn't starting so soon. He was having trouble keeping up with all the assigned reading and essay writing. All of this work was starting to get in the way of his three most important things, eating, sleeping, and what he liked to refer to as, down time.

"It is starting second term," Estrella sighed, "But I thought it was this upcoming Friday. Maybe I'm wrong."

"No, i should get one soon though, maybe i'll go this week." Dru said

"Well if you need any help I can meet you in the commonroom sometime," Dru smiled helpfully toward Bruin, "it does get a little overwhelming sometimes, all the homework and everything."

She lay in the grass listening to the breeze, "I think it's best to get away sometimes, away from school and such and get back to the simple pleasures of it all......we should meet here more often, chat it up and what not," Dru laughed.

So there they were, all hanging out and talking, Dru was excited to be meeting all these new people, some good friends always did a girl good. "You guys are fun to talk to, i think i'd like a butterbeer, you guys wanna go down to hogsmeade?"

"Yeah!" Estrella exclaimed, her eyes bright. "I haven't had a butterbeer in ages!" She picked up her books, and said, "I'm going to go drop these off. I'll meet you guys in the Three Broomsticks!" She took off happily, hurrying to get to the popular spot quickly.

Never one to turn down a social opportunity or something to eat or drink, Bruin began packing up his things..."Sounds like a good idea to me...I had my first Butterbeer yesterday and they are delicious!!!.

"Yeah, first time i had one i was hooked," Dru said to Bru (RL lol). "We better get going, gotta get some good seats, Shall we?" Dru inquired to Bruin.

And they both strolled through the grounds headed towards Hogsmeade.

And soon Drueyna, Estrella, and Bruin were out on the lawn again, slipping and sliding and falling over. It was a mass of giggles, squeaky ouch noises, and flying limbs everywhere. Drueyna could not hold estrella up for one second without slipping and causing the whole bunch to fall over, but they were all doing it, so she had guessed that it had become a sort of game. "Hey you guys wanna just roll down the hill for the heck of it, my clothes are already wet to the bone and i'm aching to just have some pure fun," Drueyna suggested hoping they would go for it, estrella seemed to be fully awake now so she though she might pitch the idea, "we could roll down to the lake and swim a little!"

Realizing that he was already soaked and that it had been quite some time since he had taken a dip in a lake, Bruin bent over and took off his shoes and socks. Bruin looked at Estrella and Dru, smiled, and then recalling what they had said about being modest, looked away before pulling off his t-shirt and dropping his jeans.

The last thing they saw as he tore down the hill was a pair of red sport boxers with the saying

All Eagles can Fly...
All Lions have Pride...
Don't you wish you were a Gryffindor???

stenciled neatly across his bottom. Bruin didn't slow as he reached the water's edge and threw himself into the water with a tremendous splash. His head popped up seconds later and he roared back up the hill at the girls... "So, are you coming?"

"ONE SECOND" Dru screamed down to him, it was quite a ways, "CUTE BOXERS!"
she giggled to estrella, "i made up this spell, not too shabby, i made it so that i wouldn't have to go home to change clothes, seems to be very helpful at times, it's 'switchofclothes', its sounds really stupid but it works. SWITCHOFCLOTHES," Drueyna shouted and instantly her robes and clothes were replaced with her bathing suit, "you should try it, Estrella, it really works, "Dru said gesturing to her two piece, little black short bottoms with skulls and filigrie and a black bikini top with a skull and crossbones on it, "cute, eh?" And with that she lay down in the wet grass and rolled down the hill in a frenzy of dirt, rain, and joyous screams to meet bruin at the bottom "Come on ESTRELLA!"

Bruin could hardly believe his eyes, standing there, waist deep in the water, watching Drueyna's transformation. He blinked to ensure that he hadn't been dreaming and then watched as she began tumbling down the hillside towards him...he fell backwards into the water, looked up at the sky, and mumbled to himself..."Just maintain eye contact...no problem!"

Drueyna couldn't beleive how fast she shot down that hill, she was almost at the water and she realized something. She was headed straight roward Bruin, who didn't seem to notice she was about to maul him over in the water, he was apparently preoccupied with something in the sky, because he was looking up for some reason. She was almost there and he still hadn't noticed so immediately she shouted, "BRUIN LOOK OUT!!!" She was about 10 feet from him when she screamed it out and was afriad that it might be too late for he was still staring into the sky, what was up there? she wondered to herself as she flew off the shore and over the water. 'Yeah, i'm gonna hit him,' she thought and prepared herself for a painful bellyflop and what was sure to be a fairly good head bump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back