The Sigurd Estate

Lief Sigurd

Lief's expression was a tone above it's usual placid stoniness as he stepped lithely down the steps of his home, his pale hand trailing upon the railing of the banister. Even more so than usual there was a sense of gaeity in the air; the Holiday Festivities had been planned early, as this time had worked the best for everyone else. A contentedness glinted in his eyes as he paced about the door, wondering when the first guest was to arrive. Even if all expected did not show up, this was going to be a full house. Some of the visitors planned on staying the Holiday Break; it was going to be something new for himself and Daisy, whom had not hosted much more than the occasional family dinner in their small home before.

He strode into the living room with a smile on his face, grinning at Anders, who seemed content to play on the floor and babble happily. Annette was quiet and brooding, her eyes following him as he walked through the place, looking for Daisy. The couple had been quite busy these past few days attempting to get everything together.

It had taken a lot of contemplating on her part, but Brunhilde had finally decided to attend Lief and Daisy's get together, even if it did involve socializing with the rest of her family. She had taken great care to avoid her father for the past eight months, for her own personal reasons. Putting her bitterness aside, she had mustered up the courage to stroll out of her apartment door in New Zealand and do this for Lief and Daisy, and no one else. In any case, she would be able to see her twin nephew and niece.

Dressed elegantly but simply, she apparated to the door of their home, ringing the doorbell and standing there impatiently, her blonde hair cascading over her shoulders as ice blue eyes darted around to the streets. She had no idea who else was going to be invited besides her father, but she supposed that this get together would be of a decent size.

Lief turned on his heel as he heard the doorbell ring, moving swiftly to the simply elegant door and turning the knob with the greatest enthusiasm he could muster, his attentiveness to finding Daisy diverted at the moment. Opening the door, he grinned weakly. "Brun! So glad you could come." Ushering her in, he started, "Daisy is going to be so happy to see you; you haven't been around for ages!"

Brunhilde's thin lips spread in an uneasy smile, and with a wave of her wand she had placed her coat on a hook in the front room, her tall form moving with grace and elegance. "As shall I. It is good to see you, brother, even if I am not so enthused to see the rest of my blood." She turned to Lief, her ice blue eyes glittering. "Do tell me, whom are your other guests?"

Lief continued to search for Daisy as he led Brunhilde into the sitting room, but not finding it necessary to call out for her just yet, as she had been rather busy, he replied to his sister curtly, "Far, of course, and then Daisy's parents. Tristan and his children shall be staying for about a two weeks time, and Sammael and Joshua have also been invited, although I do not know whether either shall be in attendance."

He stood erect and somewhat inviting, his thin lips turned to a frown as he turned away to present a forced cough; the anti socialite of late in his sister worried him greatly. Determined to break the silence, he added, "Daisy should be around any moment."

Brunhilde's thin lips broke out into a weak smile as she bent down, picking up Anders with one fluid motion, holding him awkwardly in her arms; she was not entirely used to small children. Looking to Lief, her eyes alight in surprise, she said, "Tristan's showing up with both of his children? Now that is quite a surprise." She was not entirely happy that her father was going to be there, but she had already known that she would have to deal with him at some point or other.

"Yes, indeed; where is she? I wish to see her." She had not seen her sister at work as of late, and was anxious to catch up. She was quite impressed by the home of her brother and his wife, and the seemingly stable family they were raising together.

Clutching Estrella tightly by the arm, Tristan apparated to the steps of his brother's home, releasing his strong grip only when he was sure that she was not in danger of being whisked off to any undesirable location.

Smiling weakly at her, he inquired, "You made it alright?" He still had to go and pick up Erik from Morgase's brother's home, and he was eager to show Estrella around so he could keep on schedule. He handed her her shoulder bag, his ice blue eyes locked on hers as he absentmindedly rang the doorbell.

"Yeah," Estrella replied quietly, suddenly feeling small and insignificant next to her father. She took a deep breath as she craned her neck, admiring the home; not too small, but not too large, either. She accepted her shoulder bag, slinging it over her shoulder and glad that she had packed light. Her presents were quite light too, and that was a plus.

She waited, unsure of what was going to happen.

"Ah- well Brun, she should be around any moment now, I'm sure," Lief murmured, "Would you excuse me for a moment? There's another guest at the door."

Trusting his sister with his kids he strode out of the living room, and in no time had opened the front door. His grin broke even wider as he observed Tristan and Estrella, the younger appearing quite unsure of herself. Frankly, he was amazed that Tristan had been able to get within a few feet of the girl, let alone have her for the Holiday Break without force.

"Tristan! Good to see you," he said warmly, looking down to Estrella with his blue eyes. "And Estrella- Glad to make your acquaintance again." Looking back up to his brother, who was quite a few inches taller than him, he continued, "Why don't you come inside? It'll be interesting having the three of you over for the holidays. Erik is still at home, I take it?"

After a quick glance to Estrella, Tristan stepped inside, grinning genuinely at Lief and clapping him friendily on the back. "I appreciate you having us," he said, "And actually, you've read my mind. I have to pick up Erik soon, actually." His ice blue eyes glittering, he inquired, "Actually, would it be much of a problem to show Estrella around? I have to get going."

"Of course," Lief said, inwardly wondering why his brother was in such a hurry but confident that he would be returning, "It would be rude of me as a host if I didn't, wouldn't it? You both have actually arrived somewhat early- Brun is the only one here besides Daisy, myself and the kids."

"Well, 'strella, you're in good hands," Tristan said, smiling to his daughter, and without another word he strolled to the door, disapparating quickly and for once, having every intention of returning.

Estrella's dark eyes moved to Lief as he opened the door, following him inside silently, admiring the furnishings of the well kept house. She had not seen him for quite a long time- But when she had been exposed to him, she would have to say he had been her favorite person to be around. He always had been kind, at least, to herself, Liz and Sophia.

She was interested to see that he now had a family- His kids couldn't be that old. She crossed her arms over her chest, watching in curiosity as her father suddenly disappeared; for a fleeting moment she remembered seeing his back for one last time at the age of five, but this time she knew he was actually going to be back soon. At least, she was pretty sure.

Looking to Lief, she waited to be lead wherever he intended to take her.

Daisy was hurrying around the house, oblivious to the arrival of her guests. She was still trying to put the last touches on the guest rooms upstairs. She was excited to meet her niece Estrella. She was nervous too, since she was meeting a teenager. She had no idea what to expect.

As she left the last room, she peeked into the twins rooms. Erik's little guest bed was set up in Ander's room. She hoped they would get along. The twins were growing up so fast. They were already 9 months old and starting to move arond quickly. The other day she saw Annette pulling herself up along the sofa and start to take just a few steps. It wouldn't be long before they were walking around on their own. She heard the doorbell, and went running downstairs to see who was there.

As she entered the living room, she noticed that Brun was already there, and Tristan was just arriving. She hurried over to where Brun was, attacking her sister in a huge hug before she could move anywhere else.

Brunhilde had set Anders back down at the floor, giving him the sweetest smile she could muster. He really was an adorable child, and she looked over to Annette, observing her for a bit. She seemed to be the quiet one, probably the schemer of the two.

Out of nowhere, Daisy had enveloped her in a hug. Brunhilde found it quite awkward, as the Drages were not a hugging family, but received it with enthusiasm anyways, smiling genuinely at her long time friend. "I take it the family is well?" she inquired, her lips pursed in amusement. This might prove to be an interesting family dinner. "You look positively stunning, my dear."

Lief turned to smile at Estrella. "Lovely to have you over," he repeated, although he usually didn't say such things. The happy go lucky demeanor that she had used to possess seemed to be nonexistent, he observed; even the anger that had once existed behind her eyes was gone. Had she accepted her family for who they were?

"I suppose my sister can wait one moment while I show you to your room," Lief said, beginning to walk down the hallway and expecting Estrella to follow, "I take it school has gone well so far?"

Estrella could only nod to Lief, unsure of what else to say. She followed him, as always undeterred by the gargantuan size of her family members, even though Lief seemed to be the shortest of them so far. "School went okay, I guess," she replied, tagging behind as she looked around the home, "I mean, I made top marks in all of my classes, but I didn't talk to people much."

Leading Estrella to the room that had been prepared for her, Lief opened the door, his smile curt and small. "I hope that you like your lodgings," he intoned deeply, showing her into one of the guest rooms.

chris-barrett-white-bedroom_w609.jpg

"I must get back to my sister," Lief said, almost apologetically, "The house isn't too big, so you should be able to find your way around. I'll be in the sitting room if you need anything. And for that matter, if you ever need anything, just ask myself or Daisy anytime."

With that, he left her to the room and was soon in the living room, grinning at Brunhilde and Daisy, who seemed to have found one another.

Estrella only nodded to Lief, observing her surroundings. She closed the door behind her, locking it as she sighed, flopping down on the bed provided for her. She found that it was quite comfortable. This room wasn't one of the Herrogard, but it was simple, and elegant; she liked it. It wasn't too spacey, nor too claustrophobic.

After her moment of rest she felt that she had better change into something more comfortable and casual than her school uniform, and soon, she had found her way into a somewhat dressy blue blouse and a pair of khakis.

Her location having not occured to her, she felt sweat break on her brow, and she moved over to the window, the intense heat of wherever she was overwhelming her. California maybe?

Having been situated enough she decided that she had best meet Daisy and Brunhilde, whoever they were. She walked around the house back the way she had come, and after running into both the bathroom and the kitchen she soon found her way into the living room, where two stunningly beautiful women were conversing. She supposed that the blonde woman, who appeared regal and cold but was radiant nonetheless, was Lief's sister, her aunt. She was still amazed at how many people in her family that she did not know.

The other woman, the brunette, must be Lief's wife. She appeared to be much happier than Brunhilde, and she had a feeling that she was going to like this woman. She noticed the two young children on the floor; both were pretty cute, although she was a little worried; she was not very good with young kids.

Not sure what to say she stood there still, her dark eyes observing the scene in the room curiously and silently.

Daisy smiled as Brun spoke. "I missed you dear. You look amazing! I see that living on your own is a good thing for you." She smiled and dragged her friend/sister to the sofa to sit down. "Tell me everything! How is life?" She smiled at her friend, then realized they were not alone with the children.

A girl was standing in the doorway to the living room. This must be Estrella, she thought. "Welcome dear!" Daisy smiled at her warmly. "Come on in! Have you met everyone yet? This is Brunhilde and I am Daisy," she motioned to the twins on the floor, " and this is Anders and Annette your cousins. Come in! Sit down!"

Daisy was a very warm person, the opposite of most of the Drage family. It was a wonder her and Lief ever got together in the first place.

Brunhilde was quick to sit down, her ice blue eyes gleaming as she smoothed out her outfit beneath her, smiling at Daisy as much as she could. Her voice smooth and somewhat deep, she replied, "I do think that living on my own has benefited me well. It is quite nice not having to live under the shadow of my family all of the time. It was just nice to start off fresh." By family she did indeed mean her father, but she wouldn't mention that out in the open, in a place the very man was to be visiting shortly. She of course had not done very well with relationships, but she did not think men were necessary in her life just yet.

She turned to look at the girl who had just entered the room- She would not have recognized her unless she had been informed beforehand of her arrival. She looked much more different than when she was five, yet she did not look the rebel that had been described to her before. She was simply, cold. There was no other way to explain it. Cold and unsure. She knew the feeling well.

Brunhilde did not give a word of welcome, instead letting Daisy do the talking. She was better with people anyway.

Estrella gave Daisy a weak smile and Brunhilde an uneasy look; both of these women must be her aunts then. She mustered all of the courage she had not to have her knees knocking; she was rather unsure what she was getting into. She had never gone to a family function with everyone there, at least, not a wizarding family. This was going to be a rather interesting experience for her.

The woman already having seemed to know her name, she shooked her head. "No; you two in the room are the only ones I've met so far, and I knew Lief from before." Her dark eyes were speculating as she looked between the two women and down to the two children; who seemed to be cute enough.

She took a seat as Daisy had asked her to, her expression faltering as she looked around the room- What is one to say when they are in a room with people they have never met before but should know? She wondered exactly who was going to be coming by. She kind of hoped that it was small so that she could get to know more people, even though she didn't know how this was going to turn out with her family. After all, weren't they all pure blood?

Daisy smiled at the girl as she walked into the room and sat down nervously. "So, you are at Hogwarts here instead of in England right? How do you like it?" She wanted to get to know her niece, and make her at ease since they were going to be staying with her family for a few weeks.

Estrella was unnaturally shy as she spoke to the woman; both of them were really, really beautiful. It was almost intimidating, just like the size of the male family members. "Yeah, I go to school in New Zealand. I like it alright," she replied, "I'm a Ravenclaw so I like school, I do well in all of my classes. Charms is my favorite, and Defence and Arithmancy, I suppose." She smiled weakly, unsure what else to say. She didn't want to sound like a braggart and right now, school was all she knew to talk about.

Daisy could tell the girl was still nervous, but still tried to respond to the two older women in the room. She was impressed though that she was holding her own pretty well. "That is great that you are in Ravenclaw. Tristan was in that house too, right?" She looked between Brun and Estrella, knowing that either would be able to answer her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back