The Master of Bad Ideas

Daylen Wiberg-Rose

OOC First Name
Charlie
Sexual Orientation
Who knows
Wand
Knotted 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Rowan Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Maybe he was being foolish, but he was determined and in his young mind, that was all that really mattered to him. He had thought of flying as nothing but a legend, it just sounded silly, but upon arrived at Hogwarts and finding out that not only did it exist, but there was a whole sport on brooms, Daylen had come up with the idea to practice by himself. Sure, he had never actually flown before, going down to the pitch before any of his lessons, but how hard could it be? He wouldn't go up too high or anything like that, he wasn't that foolish. But standing there with some tatty looking school broom in his hand, the first year jumped from foot to foot as he looked around the pitch. It was large, much larger than he had been expecting, but it was just like a football pitch and he was used to them, well, maybe minus the large goal hoops at either end.

Swallowing thickly, the young Claw gripped the broom tighter, swinging his leg over it. He had done a little reading in the library before making the trip down to the pitch, so he knew how it was supposed to be done. All that remained to be seen was if he could manage it by himself. Looking up at the blue sky, the boy let out a long sigh, saying his final prayers before he slowly pushed off, quickly feeling the ground leave his feet. It was harder to balance than he expected, body wobbling around a little as he tried to slow his ascent. Somehow he managed that some feet off the ground, his knuckles turning white as he could only sit there in the sky. Terror gripped his heart, arms shaking a little as he dared not lighten his grip even though he wanted to slap his hand over his eyes. Instead, he did the only thing he could and he squeezed his eyes tightly shut, daring not to move an inch in case he lost his balance and fell. While it wasn't that high up, it would still hurt.

"I don't know how to get down," a quite whimper which was lost to the wind as he kept his eyes closed, legs dangling helplessly either side of the broom. What he really needed was someone to come and save him- and fast. This was the last time he was flying without having any lessons or anyone around.​
<i>
</i>

Hemi wanted to fit in some practice before he tried out for the Quidditch team this year. Truth be told, heights weren't really his thing, but the glory and status Qudditch offered was enough to tempt him to try out for the team. He found himself a broom to practice with and made his way down to the Qudditch Pitch with it flung over his shoulder. His heart sank a little when he noticed that someone was already on the pitch, probably practising for the tryouts as well. Hemi had hoped no one would be around.

He watched the boy as he approached the pitch, trying to figure out what the kid was doing just drifting on a broom. Hemi walked until he was almost beneath the boy. "Er, are you alright?" He yelled, projecting his voice so the boy could hear him over the wind.

He really didn't fancy opening his eyes, looking down at the ground was completely out of the question, as was trying to get down again. Rushing through the instructions listed in the book was probably not the smartest idea he had come up with this far and in fact, it was completely stupid and he probably shouldn't have bothered at all. But Daylen had always been a reckless boy, even from a young age he was doing things he probably shouldn't have been doing at his age, or at all. Flying without having any previous experience was simply one of those things and it was a decision he was beginning to heavily regret as he just sat there like an idiot in the sky without any idea how to get down. He was beginning to feel like he was just going to be stuck there for the rest of eternity, but a voice down below him did serve as a form of hope.

Slowly he opened up his eyes, wobbling just a little to crane his neck downwards to see how was standing there. A lump formed in his throat as he tried not to look at the distance between him and the ground instead, he tried to focus his eyes on the boy. "I don't know how to get down," he admitted quite honestly, not wanting to lie about it. Right about then he was too scared of his situation to lie about knowing exactly what he was doing. "I need some help here. Don't supposed you know how to fly?"
<i>
</i>

Hemi sighed, muttering "amateur" under his breath and shaking his head. He was one for reckless behaviour, he'd wandered off
into explicitly restricted places and did stupid things all the time, but never anything like this. And then it occurred to him that he was about to do exactly the same thing as the other boy. Hemi was not an experienced flyer by any stretch, and was about to fly a broom, unaccompanied, to practice for the tryouts. If he had come just a mere 30 minutes earlier, it may well have been he who was stuck, suspended several feet in the air and asking for help from strangers. Perhaps he should help the poor kid.

"Sorry. I'm not that good at flying, but don't panic, you probably won't die up there." Hemi replied reassuringly. "Just sit tight, I'll think of something."

The long he was stuck up in the air like some idiot the more he could feel his heart sinking into his shoes. When he had taken off he had felt quite high spirited, it was just as soon as he had gotten a little too far away from the ground had things started to take a rather horrible turn for the worse. And now he was frozen, unable to will himself to make any attempt to try and land safely on the ground again. Even the idea of jumping off sounded like a much better plan in his head, a plan which would ultimately end up with something broken. Daylen could already imagine the angry letter sent from home after his parents heard about his fall. Knowing them, they would probably try and sue the school.

"What do you mean you're not very good flying!" He exclaimed, eyes widening with a mixture of terror and annoyance that this boy wouldn't be able to help him. "I'm going to die," he added quite mournfully.​
<i>
</i>

Hemi bit his lip to stop himself from laughing at this situation. He should stop messing with this kid and actually help the terrified boy back to safety. He could potentially fly up and get him, but the Gryffindor wasn't lying about his poor flying ability, he also had a better idea which would be far less hassle for him. "Okay, I've thought of something, er, what's your name?" Hemi called up to the first year, hearing the kids name before continuing, "Okay. Maintain a tight grip on your broom, and I mean a tight grip, I'm going to try something!" Hemi removed his vine wand from his waistband and pointed it at the stranded broomstick, he had no idea if this was going to work or not. "Alright, are you holding on?" He nodded once he was ready, "Accio broomstick!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back