The Flag of Truce

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda walked slowly into the Great Hall, she knew he wouldn't be here yet but she was nervous and felt it necessary to come down early. Be prepared.
She walked to the Ravenclaw table thinking he would feel more comfortable there, though at breakfast it never mattered anyway.
Andromeda sat down and looked at the empty plates and goblets. She was so early the elves hadnt even got the food to the tables. She sighed and fiddled with her pendant. "Give me the courage to do this right Daddy!" she whispered.

Her hands were beginning to sweat a little, she had to talk to Brian before anyone else came along - before they went another day snapping at one another. She hadn't liked the way she had behaved yesterday to him and she wanted to apologise but she also wanted him to understand how he made her feel. Insignificant wasn't a nice feeling at all, especially when it was from her best friend. She sighed. She knew she had Zuka and Amy and Blane was a good friend too. But from the time they had chatted on the train, she felt like they had a connection.

She could remember their conversations like it was only yesterday, she smiled remembering how he had thrown his papers out the window to spite her! She should have known then that their road would be a rocky one. She didn't want to lose him as her friend, so she had called a pow-wow of sorts. Raise the white flag and hope he wanted to do the same.

Brian walked in to meet up with Andromeda, not quite sure what to say... He wanted to be mad at her for yelling at him, but he also knew what she was going through. He was right when he said 'Females were crazy' and something inside said they wouldn't get any saner then this.

Brian walked up to her not still not sure what he was going to say to her, then he just decided to say what was on his mind at the moment "those elves should hurry up with breakfast!" he said with a sheepish smile. he figured it was a stupid thing to say but, he really didn't want this conversation to even start as Amy had told him that maybe Andy just needed space. Brian was really confused.

Andromeda smiled when she heard his voice, she turned around and sure enough it was Brian! She was glad he had come.
"I think we're still very early", Andy moved down a bit on the bench.
"I arranged for us to meet now, so there wouldn't be so many people about. There's always people about and...well, for some reason or other we end up falling out with one another!" She hung her head a bit, looking at a dented mark on the table.
"I'm sorry I got mad again with you yesterday!" she said it simply and sincerely.

"It's okay" Brian replied "I know your going through a rough patch" Brian said kindly "It's werid you know, cause we rarely hang out just the two of us" Brian mumbled not quite sure what he was saying. "It's going to get better..."Brian continued to say but wasn't sure how that sounded, There was more he wanted to say but didn't know how to say it.

She smiled awkwardly, "Even when I am trying to have a moment to myself, I get pretty much swamped by people. It's nerve wracking when you're not used to it. I guess we should have known it would happen once we got sorted to different houses".

Andromeda had had a whole speech planned for this morning and now couldn't remember any of it. She knew she had wanted to apologise, she knew she had wanted to understand why ... and then she remembered. She looked at him and asked;

"Why do I get treated differently? I know you mightn't mean to do it but you do! All the time. I can understand boys being super nice to Amy as she is so pretty and with Zuka, she's pretty in a quirky way but she's so intelligent. Sure she might be a little clumsy but in an endearing way", she spoke without feeling, as if she was describing the inevitable.

"I know I'm not much to look at and I know I'm not the brightest tool in the shed. All I have going for me is ... I can fly. Soon all of you will ba able to. I'm ordinary, I know that", she looked up as rows of fruit bowls and jugs of pumpkin juice appeared before them, "So why do I get treated so completely different?"

She picked out a bunch of red grapes, her hands needed something to do so picking them off and putting them on her plate seemed industry enough for them.

Brian thought about how he was going to answer her, It was true she did seem to get treated differently then the others, but he knew one thing for certain she was anything but ordinary, She was a girl who could have all the confidence in the world but still be humble. She could always make him laugh but also make him feel complitely stupid at the same time. She was the one with two boys dying to go out with her, yet here she was saying to him this. Brian just couldn't understand, so decided to tell her.

"your not ordinary" he said point blank "you are the down to earth girl that has guys like Blane and MACC crazy for!" he explained "I don't really talk to Amy, I think yesturday was the first time I even really spoke with her, and as for Z well..." his voice trailed off, he really didn't know how to describe Zazuka, she was different from anything he'd ever really known but not in a bad way... in a sort've new way!

"Brian, I'm not talking about other boys. I'm talking about how you treat me! The others I can deal with but you... you are so head on and in my face about how differently you treat me!" she had to smile though when he couldnt' find a way of descriping Z, she knew they liked one another and that was sweet.
But she was not prepared to lose Brian as a very good friend. "you just always seem harder on me. I mean down at the flying pitch the other day, Z bumped into me and i fell to the ground, you help her and leave me there!"

The humiliation was still palatable, not just because he hadn't wanted to help her but because Blane hadn't bothered either.

"Zazuka was embarrassed she fell, besides Blane was your boyfriend wasn't he" Brian said trying to stay nice, "I treat you different because I expect more from you than them" Brian finally said "your supposed to be better because you are!" He continued "I saw that the day we met! how confident you were then, and I refuse to see anything less. You may be 'human' but your a very good human!" Brian finished feeling slightly embarassed but not regretting what he had said. "Me and you! remember?" He said with a smile.

((I got to go back to work so, see ya!))

She did remember!

"Thank you for thinking I'm better than others. It's an unfair assumption because I don't think I am. I was holding body and soul together that day on the train, I held my head high and was willing myself so hard not to cry. I'm not... a very good human, Brian. But someday I will be",
she looked at her hands that had begun to shake, she dropped the bunch of grapes and rested her hands in her lap,
"I can't be everything you want me to be every minute of the day! I meant I'm human ... I am so flawed, I might be good but ... I can't be strong every minute, I can't be the brave one all the time. I can't be expected to just take it all on the chin no matter what!"

She sighed... this wasn't going anything like she thought it would.

[[ok.. catch you later!]]

"no you can't" Brian replied "but it's not because you can't, I see your inner light, just like the sorting hat did" Brian said "You do have what it takes, because you really are strong like that, It may be hard and you may want to give up sometimes but in the end it's what's inside that matters and even if you don't see it, others do and will always be willing to help you get up" Brian said

"Even if not always the way you want it" he finished staring at her "you may think I'm hard on you all the time and that I should be nice because you can't always hold on, but I beg to differ, I know you can, even if you don't" Brian said drinking the pumpkin juice. "everyone else sees it too, that's why your so popular!" Brian said with a smile.

Andy looked at him and thought he had grown daft in a very short time!
"Brian I'm not popular, I hang out with students who are that's all!" she smiled though, it was a nice thought.
She poured herself a glass of pumpkin juice as well and sipped it slowly. She tried picturing the girl she was before she got her Hogwarts letter, before her father died, before she moved with her mother to the wizarding world, before she came here and made so many friends.
Ok, so her world had come crashing down around her in such a short space of time. She gingerly touched the pendant her father had left her, he had taught her not to be afraid of life, to go and get it - to reach for the moon and if she missed at least she could still reach the stars!
She knew she was in her heart and soul everything Brian said she was, mainly because that was the person she wanted so badly to be. She put her goblet down and looked at him.
"I guess Katalina was right, I've just been hormonal. I can grieve for my father without it affecting my judgement or my life. He certainly wouldn't want me to be brooding all the time".
She nudged him playfully, ".. that's why everyone will always be willing to help me up? as I said you didn't the other day!"
She said it now with a spark of her old humour and self returning.

Brian began to laugh "who says I didn't plan all this!" he was laughing as he grabbed the grapes and began throwing them at her, "Everyone helps in their own way!"

Andromeda gasped as a grape hit her in the face, she laughed and picked one up and tossed it back at him.
"You couldn't organise your way out of a paper bag Getathorn!" She smiled, she wiped her hand on a napkin and turned to him saying seriously.
"I guess it's time to grow up!"

Brian swallowed the grape and looked at her trying not to choke "why would you want to do a silly thing like that!" he said as he started to cough

"Because I cant be a little kid forever, can I? I have to study hard, complete my flying training and hope that someday I will be the best there is! Still havent decided on the Seer or Animagus though", she looked at him then, "Brian are you ok?" She stood up and raised her hand to slap his back.
"Brian?"

The Grape went down his throat as he grabbed the Pumpkin juice to help him swallow it "that's sooo boring, you should do it as it comes but stay true to your inner child, that's what I plan to do!" he said as tears rolled down his eyes.

Brian wiped his face, "I do it all the time!" Brian said with a smile.

"name one thing I haven't done excellent at!" He said with a cocky smile much like his Grandfather's had always been.

"You said something about getting a poor grade in Charms. that's one!" Andromeda stood up slowly now and started walking backwards as she began listing things off on her fingers laughing, "You couldn't get your broom up without a lot of practise, 2. You... " she couldn't help teasing him now!

Brian gave her 'the look' "I still got in 'O' in charms, and now I'm a great flyer!" Brian said with a smile.

Andromeda laughed again, "You flew twice in one session!" she started singing softly, "fy me to the moon...lala..." she was enjoying herself now, "and that 'O' Brian was on a 8 or 9 wasn't it?"
she bumped against the other table forgetting she was going backwards.

"I think your over being sad now!" Brian said giving her an evil look as he grabbed a plate of eggs and bacon, other students began coming in not noticing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back