Surrender

Ostensia Metzger

Wand
Alder Wand 13 3/4" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
Ostensia Romanes sighed and set down the glass she was holding. Somehow or another she had wound up at a party, even though she never really liked parties. When they were holiday family parties and stuff she loved them, but other than that she found them highly unnecessary. Too much drinking, yelling, and loud music. It gave Osa a headache. In fact, Ostensia had opted for a nice glass of muggle soda rather than consuming alcohol at this party. Drinking had never been her favorite anyways. The balcony attached to the house overlooked the beach, and it was absolutely beautiful right now. The stars were so bright, they practically lit up the Ocean. The roaring laughter and the pounding music sort of ruined the atmosphere though. The glass wound up in Ostensia's hand once more as she took the last large gulp down as quickly as possible. Her life had changed so much in the last couple of years that she felt she no longer even recognize herself. Was she still the same Ostensia Romanes that she had been while she was at school? Probably not. That wasn't necessarily a bad thing though, Ostensia was finally at peace with herself. Life was cruel sometimes, but Ostensia was determined not to let it get to her. Maybe one day she would find someone that she would love more than she did Damian, but if not, that was okay too. At least she had her fond memories of him still with her.

Ostensia heard the screen door behind her open slowly, and Ostensia turned her head. To her amazement, it was none other than Damian himself who had decided to join her. What on earth was he doing all the way out here? Did Damian become comfortable with this lifestyle or was her purposely looking for her? "What are you doing here?" Ostensia asked quietly as she pulled an ice cube out of the cup she was holding and popped it into her mouth. Hopefully Damian was planning on poking fun at her for the whole Prodan thing. She wasn't in the mood to listen to him rub in how stupid she was for developing feelings for her former Muggle Studies Professor. He seemed different back then, time must have changed him too. Ostensia was half tempted to just get up and leave. It felt like Damian was torturing her now. She missed him so much, but at the same time she was also so mad at him too. Ostensia glanced up and swore that she she could see a shooting star fly across the sky at the very moment she decided to look up. It was as if life was trying to tell her that everything was going to be okay sooner or later.

Damian Metzger could not believe his luck. Ostensia was single now, but he doubted that she would ever want to get back together with him. For now, he would seek her out, and he asked person to person where she went, and showed them a picture of her. Each person was bringing him closer and closer to him, and he was determined to find her. Damian was starting to lose hope,, that is until he found himself at this party or something. That was weird. She was in here? That could not be. She would not ever go into a party with this loud music and drinks everywhere. She must really be trying to forget about Prodan which still made a stab into his heart. She was not pregnant though, so that was a good thing. Damian wondered how much she had changed, and if she was still the woman he fell in love with years ago. She had to be, he had that feeling. But there was still that doubt too. He had to keep his eyes open and look for that sweetheart deep inside. Hopefully she was not drunk though. It was just her and drinking did not seem to go together very well, and he just could not imagine her at all. Damian picked himself up and he walked toward the house. As soon as he saw the door, he looked up as someone exited the house and there she was. He had found her.

The first thing that she had said to him was that, after he had approached her, was what he was doing there. The Gryffindor within him wanted to pick a fight, but he decided to lay it low, for now. He shrugged and did not really answer. Would he really tell her the reason why he was here? Well, he wanted to tell the truth, "I followed you here, and asked around to make sure that I was heading in the right direction. That is not really an issue, is it?" He hoped that it was not an issue with her, otherwise there was going to be a fight. He did want to apologize for what he had said to her back then, but he had a feeling that she was still mad. He could just tell. He also did not see the shooting star that Osa might have seen. It probably would have given him more hope than he had right now. It was just that he wanted her so much, and he wanted to make things right between them. Was that so wrong to ask? "Look, about you and Prodan, I just wanted to say..." unfortunately, the former Gryffindor could not finish that sentence. The words became lost or scrambled.

He followed her here? How could he not see a problem with it? After the things they had said and done to one another the last few times they met, how could he think anything otherwise? Truth was, Ostensia was still bitter that he had left her. "Honestly? Yeah it is a problem." Ostensia spoke softly, her eyes falling down to the beach below the balcony. The last thing she wanted Damian to see was the way she looked right now. Nor did she was to see the look on his face as she said what she had said. A part of her still hurt every time she got angry at Damian. Ostensia was never going to be able to get over Damian if he didn't give her the space to do so. A part of her heart still longed for him, and it felt like he knew it and was toying with her while he still could. Damian wasn't about to let it be either, as soon as he brought up the whole thing about her and Prodan, Ostensia became furious. He was the one who had caused the whole issue between her and Prodan. Her former muggle studies Professor might have not been the love of her life, but for awhile he helped her remember what it was like to be happy. He restored the happiness that Damian had robbed of her the day he kicked her out of his life and went into the arm of another woman. Oh yeah, Ostensia knew all about that.

"Damian, just stop." Ostensia got up from her sitting position and turned to face him. Her face easily revealed that she was unhappy. "Why is it that when we split up, you're allowed to go around and screw with other girls and have it be okay? But then when I meet one guy who actually makes me feel good about myself....and it's suddenly not? Ostensia wanted to know why it was okay for him to move on, but not her. It really hurt that he didn't seem to think that she was worthy enough to get a second chance somewhere else. "Yeah, I heard about the other girls. People talked a lot. Do you know how much that hurt? To hear that you had moved on with another girl? Then Prodan came along and for one second, I was able to forget about the way I miss you. Then, you come along and act like he's the freaking dark lord or something! He did nothing to you!" Ostensia remembered the way she felt the moment she heard that Damian had been with some other girl. The whole morning she felt sick and lonely. Then Prodan came into the picture and reminded her what it was like to have someone care for her. Now Damian was here once again, but this time she didn't have Prodan as an anchor to lean on when the feelings became too much for her

The moment that Ostensia said that it was an issue, Damian's eyes widened a bit. Seriously? She had an issue with him coming here and following her? "Seriously? I thought that girls liked the fact that a boy is following them trying to apologize and stuff." He really thought that she would have wanted to him say that he was sorry. He was sorry for everything. Everything he had ever done or said. But she told him to just stop, and now she was facing him, and he could immediately tell that she was unhappy. He had to fight to keep from stepping back one step, since he had not seen her this angry. It would be scarier if she was prone to violence, but since he had known her, she was definitely not the type. And then came her voice, knowing that he was in trouble. And she said that he was allowed to go screw other girls and have it be okay, but when she meets one guy, it isn't. Was she nuts? For one, she was making him sound like a prostitute or something. "Are you serious? Make you feel good about yourself? Dude he is as old as your dad, and has a kid that is older than both of us! If anything, you should feel disgusted with him even after he coldly left you for someone else!" Not to mention she looked like she lost a lot of her weight, so she looked ill! She clearly could not see what harm that the former professor had done to her.

He hated hearing about the other girls, but it was pretty obvious she did not know a thing about why he had tried move on from her. How she heard about it was beyond him. Someone must have really talked. "You are seriously misunderstanding the whole thing! I was trying to move on and apparently no one could work! There is a reason why you don't see a woman on this arm. But he might as well be the dark lord if you cannot see how much he had changed you. You look anorexic and like you need a bloody doctor! I am sure that Isabella would hate to see you in this shape!" Damian was angry by this point, and there was just the fact that he was just old. He was their former professor! She needed to understand that he had wanted her to be happy, not starving herself! He was definitely being over dramatic about her loss of weight since she was not deathly ill at all. He was simply seeing a change and making the worst of it. Damian knew that she wasn't exactly happy now, but surely, she should be angry or something at Prodan. After all, he was being a jerk when he dumped her. For a former professor, Damian would have never thought that he was that awful in a million years.

Ostensia stared at Damian for a moment before she snorted and rolled her blue eyes. "Um, no?" Who had been giving him dating advice? Some girls might like to be followed when they were upset by someone, but Ostensia sure as hell didn't. When she was mad she didn't want the person causing her pain to be around. Ostensia had half a mind to shove past him and go back into the house so she had a shot at losing him for a little while. Damian didn't seem to understand how mad he was making her by bringing up the whole Prodan thing. Why did he even care? "Age is only a number Damian. Besides, if I should feel disgusted by someone who by someone who coldly left me, then you'd be a perfect match as well. You pretty much did the same thing. You broke my heart, Damian. My dream was you, and you just left me behind like I was nothing to you. Then the day we met one another again, you couldn't say a single thing to me. I thought you hated me!" By now Ostensia was wiping at her eyes, all the emotions she was feeling right now were starting to break her down piece by piece. There was hated, sadness, love, defeat, pain, comfort, everything she knew she shouldn't be feeling was swirling all about her brain right now. Damian had no idea how much he still affected her did he?

"I changed myself because I was tired of being seen as the Ostensia Romanes that everyone could walk all over. The girl next door, the f*cking Head Girl who was always so sweet and well behaved." For just one day, Ostensia wanted to be the dangerous girl that walked down the streets and made the guys turn their head. Maybe if she was, Damian wouldn't have just stomped all over her heart like he had. But now here she was once again, being the big old crybaby that he was probably used to. But how could she fight who she truly was? Ostensia was lonely, and she loved life. Not to mention the people in her life. Ostensia didn't want to change anymore. Dating Prodan had given her the edge she needed, and now she was done. By why was Damian here making her feel like crap about her decision? "Guess what Damian, you're not my boyfriend anymore. You don't have the right to tell me what you think about my lifestyle anymore." Ostensia hissed. She was done taking this from him. Ostensia tried to shove past him to get inside, but he only wound up blocking her path. "Why do you even care so much?" Ostensia bit out finally. She wanted to know what his problem was and why he suddenly felt like he had the right to come in here and point out what he disliked about her current lifestyle.

Since when was Ostensia not like the whole romantic idea? Wow Prodan must have really done some huge damage on her, and he shrugged, "So, still here. And still going to follow you." He was not going to be going away. Now that he could talk in her presence, he was going to be heard and she was going to listen to him, whether she liked it or not. He felt like he was punched in the gut when she said that, and how she thought that he hated her. He could never hate her. He shook his head and he was going to defend himself, "I left you because you wanted to open a shop. I wanted to travel the world and Merlin knew that I didn't want to have to miss you so damn much, or make you wait on your dreams coming true because I wanted to be selfish. Every day at school when I wasn't there, I wanted you to drop out. Because it hurt so much not being around you. I couldn't dare be selfish anymore! But obviously, I was wrong! I regretted not going back inside that house when I stupidly left you!" Damian was on the verge of breaking down, and he knew that what he was feeling, she might be feeling the same thing. She hurt him, but he knew that he hurt her so much worse. He had to fix things, and he knew it.

She should not have changed, and he knew it. She was the sweetest person in the world. She needed to know everything, and he oped that she would actually think before speaking. And her saying that he was not her boyfriend anymore still hurt. Even though it had been years. He at least blocked her path from trying to leave, and she asked why he even cared so much. Damian was ready. He blurted out, rather loudly too, "You know what? I can't fight this anymore, or you for that matter! I hated the fact that I couldn't move on, no matter how hard I tried! I hated the thought of you being pregnant with that jerk's baby when that should have been mine! I care so much because I still love you!" Damian froze where he was as soon as he admitted that. Wow, he didn't even know that he wanted to be the father of the baby that he once thought she was carrying, but thankfully not. Damian felt a lot better, and the anger just left. He stepped forward, and in one quick motion, he claimed Ostensia's lips with his own, his hand caressing her cheek as he did so. There was just so much passion he had with that kiss, there was nothing like it. It definitely triumphed the others tenfold. He needed her. The taste of her was familiar, and he loved every second of it. At least she was not the only one in tears anymore.

Whatever Ostensia had just said to Damian, seemed to bring something alive in him. He was still blocking her path back to the room that the deck connected to so Ostensia was being forced to listen whether she liked it or not. Damian announced that he was tired of fighting this and that he was tired of fighting her. Ostensia wanted to throw in that she could make that possible if he would just let her leave. But instead of saying what was on her mind, she remained silent and let him speak. However, the more he said to her the more Ostensia wanted to start crying. He was upset because he wanted her to have his baby instead of it being someone else's. Ostensia's mouth fell open as she tried to say something to Damian, but his next sentence caused her to lose the ability to speak momentarily. He still loves her! "Damian-" Ostensia started to say that they never should have broken up. He still loved her and it was obvious that she still loved him. Ostensia wanted to tell Damian that she still loved him too, but his lips crashing onto hers passionately prevented her from doing that, not that she minded too much. Ostensia had no idea what she this even meant, but she still wrapped her arms around his neck and returned the kiss eagerly. He had no idea how much she had missed those lips and the way he held her whenever they kissed.

After that kiss, everything else had become a blur that night. Yet it still must have been amazing because Ostensia found herself waking up happier than she was before. A soft smile graced Ostensia's lips as she shifted and curled her arms around the man she had been occupying the room with for the past couple of hours. Ostensia missed using Damian as a pillow, when they were younger Ostensia used to use Damian as her human pillow every chance she got, and no one had ever let her do that except for him. Not even Prodan, and she had missed it. "We should probably talk about this..." By this, she meant them. What were they now? Back together, were they friends again, lovers? Last night she was pretty sure that they hadn't used protection when they crawled into bed with one another either. Would that be an issue? Ostensia sighed and leaned her head against Damian's chest. She wanted everything to be well again, but was that what he wanted? Ostensia wasn't sure if she could take having Damian walk away from her again. "You're not going to leave me again are you?" What if he wanted to go? After everything he said he could have realized that maybe this really wasn't what he wanted.

Everything said and done on that deck was incredible. Damian did not know that the kiss would be returned as eagerly, or how both of them so riled up that it would have come to what he wanted. He didn't just have intercourse with Ostensia. It actually meant something. He made love. He still loved her, and he could not hold that in any longer. Boy did that come out too. After what happened, he knew without a doubt that Ostensia still loved him. The look in her eyes, the way she returned his affections, everything was real. It felt real. He could not wait to tell Evangelina about this, how he finally got his girl again. Well, it was not official yet because it was not talked about at all. He opened those blue-green eyes as woke up to see a familiar room from the party last night, which could not compare to what he had in this bedroom hours ago. As soon as he felt her arms curl around him, Damian merely held her closer, as if she would try to leave if she moved once again. Damian did not want to experience that pain ever again. He gave a light sigh of happiness, and hoped that she would just stay right here. Her voice made him look down upon her and he gave her a light smile. She wanted to talk about this. Well, he did too. He wanted to make sure that he was never going to lose her again.

"Talk? I suppose that we could definitely talk about this. Right now though, I think I want to just lay here and enjoy the moment," Damian responded as he looked up at the ceiling once more. He was never a serious talker after what they did. Then she asked if he was going to leave her again. Damian looked upon her head of blonde hair before he used one of his hands to shift her chin up to look at him. He caressed her cheek and said, "No, I don't want to leave you. In fact, I want to marry you." Damian leaned down a bit to give her a light kiss on the forehead. That was a bit of a shock for someone to hear, but it seemed as though he didn't catch on to what he was saying. It wouldn't be the first time, like when he said that he loved her when he was out on the Quidditch pitch that one day. Wow, that was embarrassing. Damian sure had one unique way to telling someone how he felt. "I refuse to leave you. I'm not gonna lose you to some pretty man professor again." Prodan was the object there, but then again he was not a pretty man, but more along the lines of an arrogant prick.

Ostensia froze when Damian told her that he wanted to marry her. As much as every woman would love to hear those words, right now it was the last thing Ostensia wanted. Slowly, she sat up and locked her eyes onto the man that stole her heart. "Damian, as much as I would love to marry you someday, right now I don't think that it's a very good idea. I think we should wait awhile, so that you can be sure that it's what you really want. I don't want to be selfish either but, it'd be really nice to have a ring too." Ostensia gave him an apologetic look at the end, mostly because she knew that her wanting a ring like that might stress him out. Girls sort of had the reputation of being more into diamonds and jewelry than anything else. Ostensia didn't want him to think that was all she cared about. Learning over, Ostensia kissed Damian lovingly on the tip of his nose before she returned her head so that it was resting on top of his chest. Ostensia hoped he wouldn't be offended by her statement. She just wanted to be sure that he was ready to be married to her and not just asking her because he thought it was going to make her happy. Plus they needed to have their lives sorted out. Right now everything was still a mess.

"I promise you won't. Ever. But on one condition and one condition only....I get to call you my boyfriend again." Ostensia made a deal with him. As long as he was going to be her partner in crime, the peanut butter to her jelly, and the only man in her life, then she would promise that he would never lose her again. If he could agree to that, then they'd be a couple once again. Ostensia heard noise downstairs and wondered if she should mention that they get dressed and work on leaving. "Sounds like the party's over downstairs. Want to get dressed and go get some breakfast?" If he agreed to that then he might be willing to help her hunt for a new place to live, or come into work with her and hang out. Ostensia just knew that she wanted to spend the rest of the day with Damian. That way she could be sure that this wasn't just a dream. This was the only thing she had ever wanted, someone to love her. It would kill her inside to know that it was just a dream. But the feeling of his flesh beneath hers, and the soft breaths reassured her that this was indeed real as can be.

Damian did want to marry Ostensia at some point, but then there was the issue of no ring, and how he did not want to propose like this. Maybe that was a bad thing. Ostensia agreed with him that it might not be a very good idea, and how they should wait a while. And then she mentioned that she would love a ring and he chuckled. "Yeah, a ring would be nice huh. I guess I was being a little too forward." Ostensia needed a ring one day, but today would not be that day and it would not be anytime soon. He just did not want to lose her anymore. Everything about her made him want to claim her as his own. Everything was a mess right now, and they needed some closure. She made a promise, on the condition that she would call him her boyfriend again. That made him smile even more. "Deal. And with that, you are my girlfriend once more." That sounded even better than he had ever dreamed about. He needed her in his life and this would do it. The party was indeed over downstairs and she asked if he should get dressed and go get some breakfast. He nodded to that because after what they did, he needed some nourishment. Plus he had his love back, so everything would go right again. This was exactly what he needed. Everything was right where it should be. Damian wanted to stay in bed, but well, food was really calling to him. He just never wanted to separate from Ostensia ever again.

Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back