Closed Space & Quidditch

Tullia was finding that it was actually quite nice to practice with Duke, it seemed silly that he wasn't going to be trying-out for the team because he was good. She kept at it for an hour, before it seemed perhaps he'd maybe had enough. "Lots of fun," she said, despite how cold she had attempted to be to him to begin with. "You good to keep going or want to take a break?"

Duke smiled easily. "I can keep going, but I could also go for lunch," He offered easily. "Do you want to go grab some food then come back later?" He ran a hand through his hair. "We could also take a walk after grabbing food, stretch out our limbs and just relax a bit. It's always good to mix work and play, so you don't overextend yourself."

Tullia gave a little roll of her eyes. "So, are we getting lunch and coming back or going for a walk?" she replied, giving him the choice of what they did. "If we go for a walk to relax or whatever, I'm going to go grab a book, so instead we can just sit and I can read, and you can, I dunno, walk around me?"
Tullia wasn't particularly interested in walking, she wasn't bothered by that at all, not when she could instead just read a book.

Duke laughed, moving to land and hoping she followed him. "Why not both?" He asked. "We can grab lunch, go read, and then come back." He offered easily. "What are you going to read? Maybe you could read it to me?" He suggested.

Tullia shrugged, "Okay," she agreed to the new plan, and she followed him back to the ground. "I'm going to read a physics book, it's a muggle subject," she said. "It's really dry if you aren't interested, so probably not a good read out loud material," Mostly Tullia wasn't sure of her ability to read outloud. She had done it with the siblings, but they'd been young and didn't care.

Duke blinked. "Well, it's mostly just wanting to listen to your voice anyway," He countered, following her down. "But maybe I can keep up, who knows," He laughed lightly, jogging after her. "You read complex subjects in your free time?" He asked, curious.

Tullia was a little surprised by what he said, but shrugged a little. "I want to be an astronaut, so yeah," she replied. Since she both could read it and had a reason to read it. She just didn't want magic school to take away from what she was absolutely hoping to achieve.

Duke whistled low. "Well, dang. That's one heck of a dream," He gave her a bright smile. "I think you're going to be able to do anything you can set your mind to," He countered. "Do you think magic works in space?" He asked, curious, his mind wandering there. "Are there space wizards?" He laughed then. "Maybe that's what Jedi are, they're just space wizards."

Tullia rolled her eyes on it. "It probably does," she said in answer to his question about magic, opting to not address the dream that she had and how big it was. "Jedi's aren't real Duke," she informed with a tone that implied that she was worried he was being very serious.

Duke laughed, locking his fingers behind his head and smiling at her. "I mean, sure, Jedi's aren't, but aliens totally are," He told her. "You can't honestly tell me that you're so arrogant as to think that in a massive, unending universe, we're the only intelligent life." He spoke conversationally.

Tullia was a little surprised that he seemed to believe in Aliens, though being magical did mean that the ramblings of muggles were perhaps less incorrect. "I mean sure, we might not be the only ones, but I'm sure whatever aliens do exist, they won't be, you know, jedi's," She replied. "And really until we see some there's not reason to be certain about their existence,"

Duke smiled, enjoying the turn of conversation. "Probably not," He agreed. "But the muggle government did admit to covering up all signs of extra-terrestrial life ages ago." He told her. "And wouldn't the opposite be true as well? Until we see them we can't be sure they aren't there, either. You can't see the air we're breathing but it's there. The plain answer is just that we don't know. We'll have to wait for you to go up there, and find out for us," He gave her a playful wink.

Tullia rolled her eyes a bit, though there was some logic to what he was saying. "Okay but muggles are often wrong about things, and when it comes to covering up all signs of extra-terrestrial life, it might just have been something magical that slipped out of our world, and the muggles just say it's extra terrestrial," she explained. But it was true. "Yeah, and even if I do, i'll make sure you are the first to know,"

Duke hummed. "Maybe," He offered. "But we're too similar to muggles, I think. They weren't reporting people on brooms, though I suppose a good glammer charm might work. Still," He shrugged. He gave her an impish grin. "I'll hold you to that, Tullie," He tried to knock his arm gently against hers. "We're besties now, I'll bug you about it for forever," He promised.

Tullia gave a little shrug to it, not thinking that they as magical people were all that similar to muggles, but the muggles she had spent time with weren't really that bad. They were interesting. "Oh no," she said in response. "What have I done?" she was muttering it just loud enough for him to hear, and it wasn't entirely clear if this was a good or bad thing to her.

Duke laughed, turning a bit and offering out his hand with a mischevious grin. "Oh, don't worry," He gave her a playful wink. "You'll grow to love me," He promised her with a laugh, having already decided they would be inseperable if he had anything to say about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back