Some quiet reading

Kaela McIlvoy

Kaela came out from the castle, her bag full of books, and walked along the lawn. She wandered until she found a spot under a tree that was away from the other people outside. Kaela sat down beneath and tree and sat her bag down beside her. She took out one of her books and began reading, happy to have a little quiet.

Having walked away from a long discution with BEllatrix, Pungahn decided she would like to just sit in the shade for a while. she found a girl sitting quietly reading. "mind if i join you?" Pungahn asked. "hi, my name is Pungahn Naihanchi, Hufflepuff first year, 14. who are you?" making new friends was better than a heated debate with someone so stubborn.

Kaela looked up from her reading to see the new girl approaching her. "Oh hi. I'm Kaela. Of course you can join me." She smiled up at Pungahn.

do you like your classes so far? i think the homework is a bit long, but we only have one lass a day, so its all good.

"Oh I love classes so far. Though the homework is a bit long. It's all so interesting though. What do you take?"

my favorite part of wizardry is charms, but i don't have that class yet. i guess its tied between flying and DADA right now, though i don't know any spells yet.

"I wish I could take DADA. I barely know anything about that stuff. Charms is really fun so far. It's the only class I've had a practical lesson in. Flying is also really fun, but I'm not very good yet. Are you good at flying?"

Pungahn thought a moment. "if you count not falling and being able to do basic turns, then yes, im good. i can't exactly do a barrel roll and stay on though.... do you think you could teach me a spell? so far i have nothing to practice my wand work with."

"A barrel roll? I'm lucky I can go anywhere without falling off. But yeah, I'll teach you what I know." Kaela set her book down and took out her wand. "All right, this is a levitation charm." She looked around and found a small stick on the ground. She pointed her wand at it and swished and flicked while saying "Wingardium Leviosa." The stick starting floating off of the ground. As she moved her wand up, it moved up, and she made it dance a bit before setting it back on the ground.

Ford Harkonnen had been walking up from the lake when he saw a girl making a stick dance around with a spell. He sauntered over to the girl and her friend, who were talking together happily, and pulled his wand out.

"Wingardium Leviosa," he said with his wand pointed at a nearby stick, and danced it over to where the girl was making her own stick dance. He proceeded to have his stick dance with hers, hovering up and down in the air.

He flashed a smile at the two girls, neither of whom he'd seen before, and drawled, "Greetings, I'm Ford Harkonnen. Of Slytherin." All this without losing control of his stick dancing around in midair, seemingly performing a waltz with the girl's stick.

Kaela looked round, confused, as she saw another stick dancing with hers. She looked around and her gaze fell on Ford. She smiled at him and dropped her stick to the ground. "Hi, I'm Kaela. I'm in Ravenclaw. And this is Pungahn, she's in Hufflepuff. Would you like to join us?"

"Hi ford," Pungahn said as she pulled her wand out to try the spell. She pointed it towards a nearby rock and gave it a flick and said, "Wingardium Leviosa." she was surprised when it hovered off the ground. she pointed her wand up and suddenly the rock flew twenty feet in the air before falling back on the earth right in between ford and kaela. "sorry!" Pungahn quickly apologised, "i guess it takes practice!"

Kaela giggled a bit as the rock flew. "It does take practice. But you did get it up on the first try. A lot of people couldn't even do that."

Ford gave a charming grin at Pungahn, "It's alright, you've gotta start somewhere," he said nonchalantly and brushed some of his black hair out of his eyes and turned to Kaela, "I think I shall join you. There are not that many Slytherins, so I don't know too many people yet."

He floated his stick and gently sat it down by Pungahn's foot, "I thought I overheard you talking about Quidditch, are either of you any good?" He had folded his arms confidently over his chest, and seemed genuinely interested in their conversation.

Pungahn smiled now that she finally meet a friendly slytherin. "i am okay, i wouldn't say im the best, but at least i am getting better through practice. im going out for seeker. what about you guys?"

"I probably won't try out. I only just started flying, and I wasn't very good. I didn't fall off though. Maybe with some practice. What about you Ford? Are you any good?"

say, either of you guys wh=ant to join the exploration club? i created it for those of us who get bored. we only need a few more members before or first exploration.

"I'm alright at flying; never did it before," Ford smiled, "But I had some fun last weekend, we should go practice sometime," he flashed a roguish grin at Kaela.

"This exploration club," Ford turned to Pungahn and flicked his wand at a nearby rock, "Wingardium Leviosa," he said offhandedly and the rock rose into the air and he began to fly it around, "Would you be exploring the Borely Mansion or the dungeons of the castle?"

"possibly, i think we will start in the castle somewhere, but eventually those places." he seemed genuinely interested. she smiled at him and also flicked her wand at a nearby rock, "wingardium Leviosa." This time she kept her wand as still as possible and concentrated at holding it there. 'this is harder than it looks' Pungahn thought.

Kaela blushed as Ford grinned at her and looked away. "What all do you do in the Exploration Club? Just explore?"

"Sounds fun," he said as he swung his smile from Kaela to Pungahn, who was desperately trying to charm a rock. He flicked his wand to drop his rock, and pocketed it. He walked over to Pungahn and gently took hold of her wand hand, "It's like this," he said and motioned her hand in the 'swish and flick' motion. He let go and stood up, "Now you try it."

Ford's hands felt nice and comfortable. she tried to hide her blush at his touch. she liked boys, but had never had a real boyfriend. Pungahn tried the swish and flick with the incantation while pointing at her rock again. this time the rock seemed to be more stable and she chanced trying to move it once again. she aimed carefully and hovered it slowly over towards the tree and set it on top of a branch. "i did it!" pungahn exclaimed excitedly. she hoped her father would have been proud of her achievement, hough she would never match up to him.

"if only my dad were still around. i could have sent him an owl to tell him how good im doing." with a sigh pungahn lost herself in her memories for a second.

Kaela watches as Ford helped Pungahn with the spell. She felt a little out of place as she watched the two. After hearing Pungahn's remark about her father, Kaela really didn't know what to say. As she still had both of her parents, she had no idea what Pungahn was feeling. She pointed her wand at a nearby stick, swished and flicked with a soft "Wingardium Leviosa," and made it dance for her, entertaining herself.

"Very good!" Ford congratulated Pungahn on her achievement. He looked over at Kaela, and noticed her look. He walked over to her, and gently lifted her chin with his index finger, "Hey, don't feel bad. Sunday evening, you and me, we'll practice flying together on the pitch," he gave her a wink and a comforting smile.

"In the meantime," Ford stood back and adressed the two of them, "I've got to be going, homework needs doing and all that," he took both of them in with a flash of his roguish smile again, turned, and walked away.

Kaela's stick dropped to the ground as Ford raised her chin, her gaze falling only on him. She was a bit surprised, and a little uncomfortable at being this close. She watched him with a blank expression as he winked and then walked away. Kaela seemed a bit dazed, just sitting there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back