So here we are - part 2

Alice Hills

OOC First Name
Kate v.1 [Main]
Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16" Essence of Dragon's Whisker
Alice walked slowly with Tally, chatting about everything they knew about Hogwarts. Without quite realising it, they managed to reach Obsidian Harbour. Looking around at all the nice shops, Alice wandered closer to a few, gazing in at the window and eagerly imagining what she would buy once she got her money.

OOC: Hope this location is fine. I looked around but this one seemed ok so i just posted. :p

OOC: It's fine, I quite frankly don't care xD

Tally looked up from her conversation with Alice and noticed that they were in Obsidian Harbour. She knew that this was supposed to be the wizard equivalent of state street, at least for New Zealand. She had never been here, but already like the place. Tally looked up at the window that Alice had stopped at. Tally couldn't wait to get her money so she would be able to get everything she needed. She didn't want to be lacking anything. "What do you want to buy first when you get your money?"

Alice paused, wondering what she would get. "Well, i will need to get all the books, and i definitely need to get a wand. I will need parchment, ink and school supplies, robes and i want to get either a cat or an owl. Hopefully, in a few years, i will have enough money for both but im not sure which one to get first. What do you think?" She turned to Tally, waiting for her opinion on Alice's minor dilemma.

Tally pondered the question for a moment. "Well, the owl would definitely be the most practical, what with it being able to send letters and that, so you should probably get that first. But a cat can be a great companion. Its up to you." She wondered if she would have have enough money to buy all her school supplies. "I really want to get all of my stuff now instead of worrying about it for the next few weeks."

Alice nodded, "Same. I think i will probably get an owl. My dad's friends owns another great muggle shop that sells animals. I could ask him if he would help me get a cat but i would like a trained owl so probably best to get one from a wizard shop." She stopped, wondering why she hadn't thought of this before. "I wish they could send us our money early so we could get our things and start reading the books and getting everything organised without the rush of the start of term." She sighed, thinking how much better this would be but realising that this would be harder for the school to sort out, considering that they topped up all the money at the same time and the older students were still in the middle of term. "Oh well, there must be enough time or they wouldn't do it like this." She said, trying to convince herself more than Tally.

Tally chewed on her nails again. "Yeah, I guess. And they have to give us enough money to get all of our school supplies." She put her hand back down. "I don't think I'll get an owl. I already have a turtle, but of course, they aren't that great for sending letters." Tally laughed. Her turtle Morla had been a gift for her 11th birthday, and she loved her to death. "Do you think they will let me bring my turtle?" She asked Alice. She doubted that Alice knew, but it was nice to ask.

Alice shrugged. "Um, i guess so." She carried on walking and reached Magical Menagerie. She stopped and looked longingly in the window. Pointing to a snowy white owl she said "I like that one. He looks nice."

Tally looked at the owl that Alice had pointed out. It seemed to be a little irritated that it was stuck in a cage. She wondered if they ever let them out to fly. "He looks like he is pissed. I wonder what he is like when he actually flies?" Tally wandered over to Flourish and Blotts and looked at the books she had yet to own. It made her sad.

Alice nodded. She agreed. "Yeh, he does." She followed Tally over to the book shop and sighed. She couldn't wait to get some and read them, but she would have to wait. She saw that Tally was slightly sad, and guessing that it was for the same reason as her own, she offered, "Hey, why don't we go and get a an icecream from that shop over there." She said as she pointed to Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour. "Come on." She said gently as she started to walk.

Tally tore her eyes away from the book shop. "Yeah that sounds good." Tally severely needed some chocolate ice cream. She wondered if wizard ice cream tasted any different from muggle ice cream. "Its so colorful!" She screamed in delight. Everything was a shade of grey at home, but the ice cream parlor was so many colors.

Alice turned from talking to Tally and saw what she meant. For the first time, she took the appearance of the shop in and marvelled at the array of colours and the amount of different types. She walked towards it, still trying to take it all in. Smiling, she stopped outside. "Lets go in." She said quietly. Wondering what flavours they would offer, she started to step through the open door. At first, she thought that she would probably like a strawberry ice-cream, but seeing that there were so many other colours and flavours, she decided to go for something a little more abstract.

Tally had barely registered what Alice had said before Alice started walking through the front doors. Tally hurried after Alice and walked through the front doors. She laughed loudly, this place seemed so fun! The energy in the ice cream shop was so lively that Tally couldn't help but grin from ear to ear. She looked at the board and noticed all the different flavors. "Death by Chocolate? I like the sound of that." She said while licking her lips.

Alice laughed. "I know! What do you want?" She asked as she looked up at the board, trying to choose. Finally having to use 'eny meany miny moe' to decide, she chose her flavour and ordered it. Waiting for Tally to order hers, she looked around the shop, marvelling at how, well at how different it was to Muggle icecream shops. "Do you want to stay inside or go out?" She asked Tally as her ice cream arrived.

Tally grinned an idiotic grin. "I think I'll just take the Death by Chocolate," She said, laughing. She quickly ordered right after Alice. Tally noticed Alice looking around the shop and looked with her. It was an impressive rainbow of colors, with just as much variety of people. "Let's go outside." Tally replied. As much as she wanted to stay in the shop, she wanted fresh air more.

OOC: Sorry for the wait..school kind of sucks

OOC: :( Same :(

Alice nodded, licking her icecream. Wandering out of the shop, she looked around and saw a bench a few metres away. Suddenly needing to sit down, she walked over. Sitting on the bench, she sighed with contentment at the delicious taste of her ice cream.

Tally grabbed her ice cream and ran to catch up with Alice and sat down on the bench. "What's a matter, ice cream too good for you?" She said jokingly. Looking around, she saw all sorts of people there, people that looked a lot cooler than her. "I feel so out of place here." She said. "Everyone here is so vibrant and well, for lack of a better word, magical. I fell dull."

Alice nodded and winked. "Oh yes, the flavour just wears me out!" She said in mock seriousness. Smiling she nodded. "Yeh, i know what you mean. It just seems like i don't fit in. Like there is so much to learn and do but i can't yet. I feel like someone wearing blue when everyone else is wearing pink." She said, trying to find the right explanation for it. She shook her head. That one didn't fit it. She looked at Tally, wondering whether she seemed stupid to her friend.

Tally pondered Alice's statement. "Well, I can say that I like blue a lot more than pink so I'm fine with wearing blue." She said, smiling, trying to make light of their worries. She hoped that being muggleborn didn't affect her learning and social life at Hogwarts, but she knew just like the muggle world they were probably prejudiced. "So, when did you get your letter? You know, the thing that allows us to be part of this world?" She smiled, thinking about how happy she would be away from home.

Alice smiled weakly. The last thing that she wanted to talk about was home. Her home was the best place in the world for her and talking about it made her miss it. "Um, i got it a few weeks ago. My parents brought me and my cousin Isobel over here 2 days ago." She said quietly, thinking of how ungrateful Isobel had been. "How about you?" She asked quickly.

Tally nodded to acknowledge she had been listening. "Did your cousin get a letter too? Or is she just living with you?" She asked, curious as to why her cousin would be their with Alice. "I got my letter a few weeks ago, I've lived here my whole life, so no necessary moving for me. Moving must have sucked, didn't it?" She knew that other people despised moving, but Tally would give anything to get out of the home and away from her mother.

Alice sighed. "Well, yes she did. She is a half blood you see, her mum was a witch. She was really mean to me about it when she got her letter and then she found out that i also got one. It was quite funny!" She said, remembering Isobel's face when she told her. "We will still stay in England but yes, it was hard for me to move. I knew so many people, had friends and relationships over there but now, well i have made a few friends and i think i will get on ok..." She paused, wondering if this was a possible idea or if it was just one in her head.

Tally could tell Alice was severely annoyed with her cousin. "So your family already knew about magic before you received your letter? That always good, so it's not too unexpected." She thought Alice was extremely lucky that she would at least have someone in the family to go to Hogwarts with. "Hey, you can always write letters to them, it's not like they are gone forever." She said, attempting to comfort Alice. She hated people being sad. "So, tell me about your family. What are they like? I can tell your cousin is probably extremely annoying, but what about your parents?" Tally had always been fascinated with other families because they were normal.

OOCOut of Character:
Wow, you posted exactly 5 hours after me. NINJA! :woot:

OOC: Well, you know! :p

Alice smiled gratefully at Tally. "My mum looks like me, well everyone says she does. She is a muggle teacher and works in a primary school. My dad, well lets just say that he works a lot and so is hardly ever at home." She stopped. "He's a doctor." She added quickly, she hated talking about her dad and it was a sensitive subject. Not wanting to say any more about him she turned to Tally. "Ive got a baby sister, Grace. She's 2." She stopped, ending the subject about her family. Talking about her mum and sister got her slightly upset, she missed them so much. Talking about her dad made her angry. "How about your parents?" She asked, changing the subject quickly.

Tally thought about Alice's family for a moment. There was obviously some family problems at Alice's home, but Tally wasn't going to pry. "I respect doctors so much. I think it's incredible what they do." Before she had recieved her letter, Tally was planning on becoming a doctor, but now she had more oppurtunities. "Well, my dad is a computer programmer. He's rarely ever home, so I have to take care of my mum." She said. "My mum has some..issues. She needs almost constant attention. That's why I was at the forest, cause my dad was home and I didn't need to be." Tally quickly finished talking about her mother. She never could decide if she hated her mother for being who she is or not. "You must really miss your parents, don't you?" She said, seeing Alice's sad expression.

Alice listened to Tally. Wondering what the problems were she answered the question as vaguely as possible. "I really miss my mum and sister and yeh i suppose, i kinda miss my dad." She said quickly, trying not to dig any deeper into the problem. "Computer programming sounds quite cool." She said with an attempt to cheer Tally up. She always hated ICT at school but she was willing to tell a fib if it meant that Tally looked more cheerful. "Well, it sounds interesting at least." She said quickly, digging herself deeper. Eating her ice cream, she decided to change the subject. Family was obviously a touchy subject with both of them so she thought it was best to change. "Where do you want to go next?" She asked, standing up and swinging her bag over her shoulder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back