Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
hetrosexual
Wand
Knotted 12 1/2 Inch Sturdy Fir Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
Stefan was moving slowly around the school. He had not gone to the class of the day. He hadn't slept well, and felt less than up to going. So, with a vacent experission, Stefan was just walking around the school. His head bent down, and his eyes stuck to the ground. Stefan did not bother to look up from the ground. The corridors were pretty empty, the likelihood of him accidently bumping into someone was small. Stefan's face was pale, and his non-black eye had a small bag under it. Stefan's blue eyes seemed darker than usual. But Stefan was unaware of that fact, he didn't even know his eyes were blue. He'd never been told. Not that it would matter, people might lie, and it wasn't like he even knew what blue was. Stefan was wearing a lose grey tank top, and black jeans. Over the t-shirt he wore an oversized grey zip hoody. Stefan looked up and noticed the student lounge up ahead. A quiet-ish place to go.

After spending a few seconds standing at the door way, Stefan walked inside, and took a seat on the further-est away from the door. There was no particular reason for this apart from that most would not bother to walk so far to get a seat. Stefan sat down. He just sat down and sat in the silence. He had no idea why he had slept badly. But Stefan had just not been able to sleep. It was odd. Back home, Stefan slept soundly even if all his body hurt, or if it was minus temperatures. But Hogwarts was different. He was safe, and he had nothing real to fear, and yet, he couldn't sleep. Stefan was cursing himself inwardly. It was still quite surreal to be at Hogwarts. He still didn't quite believe that he was no longer with his father. Stefan's black eye was fading. The other brusies too. The scars were not. And some were just as clear as they had been when he'd first gotten them. It would be clear to most that Stefan had been seriously hurt, most would not realise that it had a been a person who'd hurt him. One thing that had changed was the fact his arm was no longer in a sling. It still hurt like hell, but Stefan was choosing to go without. It was just better. He couldn't move his arm very much, but it was less obvious that Stefan was completely new to the magic stuff. With a small sigh, the colourblind boy closed his eyes and let the silence of the room completely surround him.
<i>
</i>

Willow was briskly walking through the corridor, checking her watch she should be in class by now but
being a first year, having no magical experience and having no idea where she was meant she was probably
going around in circles.
Dang it, I swear I've saw that painting before!...She looked around and sure enough,
was another painting. Sure enough, the painting waved at her and pointed her in the direction where she should be going;
"You told me to go that way before!"Willow frowned.

Sighing, she decided it was best to skip the class - Chris can fill her in later.
Walking around various corridors she found The Student Lounge - the only place she knew
where she couldn't get lost. She walked through the lounge and sighed in frustration
"I don't know anything about magic, I'm lost, I've been round and round in circles and the paintings didn't even help" Willow ranted out loud and scowled for a moment
until she noticed another person in the room.

She bit her lip in embarrassment; "Sorry, didn't mean to disturb the silence...just having a bad day" Willow gave an awkward laugh, not knowing
what to do she sat in one of the large plush chairs on the other side of the room and lay her head in her hands, wishing that she didn't open her
mouth at all.

</SIZE>
Stefan was sp unaware of everything around him, that the voice of a girl, surprised him slightly. His eyes flew open and he looked over to the new arrival. The girl walked over to area he was sitting in, and took a seat. Stefan just watched her do so. Trying to get his heart rate to fall to an acceptable rate. Stefan wasn't sure if he liked the fact he was no longer alone, or if he was actually annoyed about the fact the silence had been broken. He would be kidding himself if he'd thought that the silence would last forever. But even a little longer would've been better in his mind. But he looked away from the girl and just nodded. He hadn't really bothered to actually look around him, since he didn't see the room. It was a dark room to him. He wondered if it was badly lit. Or that the colour of the walls just meant that the room was darker to him. Stefan had no clue, and he didn't want to ask. Not really. "It's okay" Stefan said quietly. Looking back to the girl. She was wearing uniform Stefan could see, but he had no idea which house she belonged to. He couldn't make out the crest. And it wasn't like he had the colours to help him. "I'm having a bad day too" And a bad life His mind continued after having spoken. "I got lost and ended up here, in this dark student longe. What about you?"
<i>
</i><SIZE size="50">

OOCOut of Character:

I'm assuming that she's wearing uniform.
If she isn't tell me and I can edit.

Fuming as silently as possible, Willow took a few deep breaths to calm herself down.
She knew that the Staircases moved and she knew that the portraits would talk.
What she didn't know was how easy it was to get lost in an enchanted castle.

She turned around and noticed the quiet boy talking to her and she gave him a shy smile;
"You got lost too? I was walking around in circles and then I noticed I'm pretty
much late for class and somehow I just ended up here. I've learned that portraits don't
really point you in the right direction either."
Willow sighed and twiddled her thumbs,
She wasn't great at making conversation, but she liked to try anyway.

"I see your in Slytherin? I'm in Gryffindor, but you'd probably already knew that.
Apprarently we're supposed to rivals because our houses hate each other or something. But,
I don't really care. I just want to make friends."
She shrugged at the boy and walked over
slowly, she wasn't sure if he wanted to be alone or liked the company;
I'm Willow by the way"
Willow smiled at him as kindly as she could. She didn't want
to seem too in-his-face.

OOCOut of Character:

Yeah, she's in Uniform.
Also, I don't know if Stefan is in Uniform - if not, I'll edit haha.

Stefan hadn't even noticed that the paintings talked.
He'd noticed that they moved but the talking was
completely new to him. He'd just thought it was students
talking a little too loudly. Never before had Stefan been
somewhere where even thinking about talking paintings
was normal. But then again, this was a magical school.
And in a magical school, Stefan was sure that anything
was really possible. The paintings on the walls had held
no interest for him. They were just there. Something to
look at. He'd never seen so many in the one place, but
he wasn't a fan of art. He was more a fan of sketching.
It was a lot easier as a colourblind person to see the beauty
of sketching, than a finished painting. It was actually why
Stefan was happy that at Hogwarts there was no art
class. Stefan looked down at his losely worn uniform
and nodded.

"I hadn't noticed" Stefan said as the girl continued
on to say which house she was in and assumed that he
would already know that. Most would've, but Stefan was
by no means a most people. His voice was quiet though.
He'd spoken so quietly, he wasn't even sure the girl had
noticed, as she had gone on talking. Stefan just kept
nodding. He hadn't noticed the rivalry at all. Slytherin
house was not a warm and open house. Every man for
himself was more the open policy. Plus Stefan was quite
unobservant. "I hadn't noticed. It's silly. Not every
Slytherin knows every Gryffindor. Why fight with no real
reason"
Stefan stared at the floor as he spoke. Only
when he'd finished his sentence did he look up to the girl
who introduced herself. Willow. Willow of Gryffindor. He
couldn't understand the rivalry. He couldn't see why one
house had to hated another house. It was pointless and
silly. Hating individuals was understandable. "I'm Stefan."

Stefan replied extending his hand to her. As he did so, he was
very aware of the fact that he was extending the hand with all
the scars. He couldn't extend the other, because it hurt him to
move it. His right hand was a maze of scars. Old, very old and
new. Although, his whole body was covered in scars and bruises,
his clothes were covering up most. Just not his hand, and not
the black eye he had, that was fading, slowly but surely. "It's
nice to meet you Willow. The school is just too big. And the
talking paintings are just weird."
Stefan was trying to keep the
conversation going. Even though he had no real clue as to how.

Willow shook the extending hand, she noticed the scars but she thought nothing about it - maybe some things to ask were better left alone;
"Hi Stefan" she shook his hand gently.

"Trust me, I didn't realize the paintings talked either until now" Willow glanced behind her and looked
through the open doorway where she could see one of the paintings. "I'm sure they have um some things interesting
to say...y'know, after being locked up in a frame and all..."

Willow smiled - not because she was being nice, but she didn't legitimately know what to say to Stefan.
She certainly had noticed that he was quiet and possibly a little bit shy and she wasn't sure if she was
being too in-his-face.

"I'm glad you don't think there's a need for rivalry, Infact, your the first slytherin I've met.
I'm not sure why, but I'm glad you don't live up to the expectation of being nasty."
Willow shrugged and moved to the next
topic; "The school is big, the paintings talk but the only thing I don't really get at all is the classes. You see,
I've came here with no knowledge of the magical world or anything to do with...magic, I try my best. But I don't think
I'm good
" She shrugged again and looked down, She hasn't told anyone that before.

Stefan just smiled at the girl, Willow. She seemed pretty normal to him.
She hadn't assumed anything about him, despite him being a Slytherin.
He could tell that either she didn't care for the rivalry like him, or was
new to the whole magic thing like he was also. Stefan shrugged to
himself as she went on about the paintings. Stefan was feeling a little
afraid about the fact that the paintings actually moved and spoke.
It was weird. Freaky. Odd. And like nothing Stefan had expected. He
wondered how it would be possible for anyone to paint something and
then be able to make it move. Either magic was used at the end, or
there was special wizard paint that would easily be used. Stefan
didn't quite understand it. He was still pretty much learning everything
about this new world. As Willow continued talking, it was becoming
more and more clear, that she was also new to the magic thing.
"You're the first Gryffindor I've met, But I hadn't expected you
to be mean, so I had nothing to really worry about. Unless you
actually had a deep hatred for Slytherins."
Stefan said quietly.
It always took Stefan a while to get used to a person. And seeing
as this was the third person Stefan had met in the week, he was
being somewhat wary about what he was saying and if he would
actually be able to trust her as a friend. Stefan had to be sure
about a person before he did anything. As Willow continued
Stefan couldn't help but be happy that she too was at hogwarts
with no previous knowledge about magic. It was always good to
meet people that were in the same boat as him. "I'm the same.
I have no idea what is going on in classes. I have no knowledge
of magic. I'm sure we'll both improve over time. It just would be
best if we made sure we find all our classes. Today is just an off
day."
Stefan smiled slightly at the girl.

Willow stifled a laugh; "Deep hatred for Slytherin?...Nah, I can't really dislike anyone on first impressions, I just think it's wrong and I don't like how they classify us into houses and expect some rivalry just to get some house point cup thing that I don't really understand but my thinking goes is that there's always someone who doesn't fit into their house but were placed in it...but you can't really argue with that sorting hat thing." She fiddled with her robes that was laced with gold and crimson trimming; "then again, I don't understand half the stuff they teach us here. I just pretend I know, which gives the impression I know everything, but actually inside, I'm just freaking out. I end up spending more time in the library trying to figure out what all the stuff means" Willow smiled at Stefan, she had the impression that he was coming out of his shell a little bit and that was fine in Willow's terms, she made a mental note that she can't be friends with someone straightaway, it'll take time.

"Today is an off day, I agree and we more than likely improve, the thing I'm just worried about is that i'm going to fail everything 'coz I don't know anything about magic. I was in the common room the other day and some students were playing something called 'Exploding Snap'. I had no idea what it was, so I asked and they thought I was crazy or something" Willow sighed, it wasn't her fault that she didn't know a thing about magic and she felt more than a little relieved to know that Stefan came with no knowledge about magic either - it was going to be a steep learning curve, but Willow was sure she'll manage.

Stefan couldn't help but smile as the girl, basically said everything that he
had been thinking about sorting and the whole process. He didn't really like
that some enchanted hat had decided what he would be like. Stefan barely
knew himself, how was it a hat knew better. Stefan wasn't upset about his
house, but he was sure it would be better to just have people mingle. But
then, Stefan did not know much about school and it's whole way of working.
"I think we are on the same wavelength about this magic stuff. I hate that
slytherin seems to have this stereotype of hating everyone."
Stefan said
leaning forward and pulling off his robes. They annoyed him. They were restrictive
and seemingly in the way. He was happier, just in his shirt and tie. Sleeves
rolled up. Stefan didn't wear the school jumper, for the same reasons as to why
he took off the robes. "I haven't been in the library. From what I can gather
about Slytherins, is that, we're not to spend much time there. They should have
some sort of induction class for people with no knowledge of magic. Something
to help us get started."
Stefan felt like he was venting about how the magical
school, seemed to forget some had no knowledge of magic and everything it
entailed. That some had been brought up thinking witches and wizards were
nothing but fairy tales.

Stefan was quite relieved at the fact that Willow was in almost the same boat
as him. He was glad he wasn't the only one finding it difficult. He just wanted to
be able to easily fit into the wizarding life but it took a lot more than wand waving
and reading books with moving images. "Exploding Snap? Somehow, that sounds
like a painful game. I'm sure you won't fail, if you're going to the library often, then
there is no reason for you to be failing. I should really go to the library. Where abouts
are you from?"
Stefan asked her.

Willow nodded as Stefan spoke and she was happy that someone thought it was insane to hate people in other classes, sure the competitiveness might come through; but she thought it was a waste of time.
"Y'see, I can understand about the whole competing against one another thing. But I don't like the whole 'you have to hate the person too' thing." Willow watched Stefan pulling his robes off and Willow thought the same thing; "Their a bit restrictive aren't they? Especially around the neck." She rolled her eyes and sat on the floor, Hugging her knees against her chest.

"The library isn't that bad, I like it I guess, It's some place you can just get away and be alone and just think and no one disturbs you because they think your studying or something. In true fact, I just go and sit there and hyperventilate and try to read as much as I can about Herbology or something because I have no clue what it's about. You see, I get the basics - like Herbology is plants, Defence against the dark arts are about the dark arts and potions is obvious. But I don't get any of the terms at all. I feel like I'm always behind, so I guess I know how your feeling. It's like they expect us to know the basics before coming but I don't know anything at all." Willow sighed and leaned her head against her knees, she was a witch but she sure as hell didn't feel like one. How was she supposed to know what spells and charms were, she wasn't looking forward to Astronomy, she never had an interest about the nights sky indepth. She loved stars and gazing at the moon but anything beyond that never really interest her. How was she supposed to know what various magical plants can do to you?

Willow smiled when she heard Stefan saying that Exploding snap sounded painful; "Yeah. You would think but it's quite harmless from what I've heard" She Shrugged and moved on; "You can come to the library with me sometime if you want. I mean, I could try to help but I'll probably get you to nowhere" Willow gave a small laugh; "I'm from Dunedin, which is down at the south island. Small, weather never really constant. There's a chocolate factory and that's about it. Where are you from?" Willow gave Stefan a smile, she had a feeling that he was getting bored of her rambling, talking nonsense.

</SIZE>

Stefan just nodded along as Willow spoke, it was easy just to
listen to her, since he had very little to say in general. It meant
he did not have to come up with much. Stefan did not know much
about the classes. And listening to Willow take about almost all of
them, meant Stefan knew a little more. He knew what Potions was
about, he'd been to the classes. But with the others, Stefan had
really no clue. Stefan knew he should look over the books he'd gotten
but, nothing really possessed him to pick them up. A part of brain
wanted him to be lost, so he would be suffering. So that a part of
Hogwarts wasn't as good as he wanted it to be. But Stefan knew
he had to adjust. He get used to the life here at the new School.
It was the only way to find out if there was a cure for colourblind
ness, and to finally escape. But, there was time. He knew. Time to
slowly adjust. Something he knew he'd be able to do. Even if it took
some time. "I'm from somewhere outside Auckland. We lived out
in the country, so I'm not exactly sure where it is exactly."

Stefan said with a smile to Willow. "We didn't live on a farm or
anything. It was just a lone house in the country. No one for
miles."
His voice hinted at resentment for the fact that there
was no one for miles. If people were close by, he knew that it
would've been easier for others to know what happened to him
in his own home. Stefan was unsure as to how to keep the
conversation going, so he sat, in a small silence waiting for
Willow to hopefully,if she could, pick up the conversation.
<SIZE size="50">

OOCOut of Character:

Sorry, it sucks

Willow smiled; "You live out in the country?" she nodded in approval; "It's nice out there don't you think? I actually live outside Dunedin in a sunny area called Mosgiel, but then again I do somewhat live out from there as well. We're on our own, we have a farm with animals. We drive to the city or the town if we need anything. It's nice. It gives you time to think" Willow gazed out the window, she could see the fluffy clouds wafting through the sky. She missed home, but she wanted to make her Aunt and Uncle proud.

Sitting there, she wondered what was going through Stefan's mind. There was one question she wanted to ask him, but she didn't know how. For some reason, she felt compelled to tell him a story;
"You know, and you already know. That I've came here with no magical experience. I had no idea that I was a witch, nor did my Uncle or Aunt. Y'see - My parents died in a plane crash years ago--" Willow looked at her ring and continued; "and so I never knew. I only really found out I was a witch was when my letter arrived from Hogwarts saying I've been accepted here...How did you find out that you were a wizard?" Willow asked the question bluntly and shrugged.

OOCOut of Character:
Also a rather bad post, sorry!

Stefan wondered what it was like to live on a farm. It would be
pretty different to how he had lived. How he was living. In a
house miles from anyone else. Alone all the time. And shrouded
in darkness. Stefan did not enjoy living so far away from anyone.
But he didn't get a say on where he and his father lived. His
father always picked. Would always pick. Stefan looked up at
the girl when she talked about her parents. Stefan felt sorry
that her parents had died. It wasn't very fair. But Stefan could
to a certain extent understand what Willow might have gone
through. He was 2 when his mother died. Stefan didn't know
much about her, and he didn't know what she looked like. But
Stefan missed her, everyday. His father wasn't exactly winning
awards for his achievements as a father. So really, Stefan had
no proper parents. One was dead, and the other was only family
by blood. "I'm sorry." Stefan said, before Willow went on
to ask how Stefan had found out about the magic world. Stefan
was unsure as how to put it.

"Well, I had no idea either. I live with my father. And since, my
mum passed when I was two, so we're in the same boat of no
knowledge there."
Stefan started, picking his words carefully.
"My father told me. I didn't believe him at all. I saw the letter,
but I still didn't believe it. It wasn't until I saw the train, that it
actually hit me that it was all real. Magic to me, was so unreal. I
made things happen, things I couldn't explain. And it's now I realise
that magic has been a part of my life long before I knew it was
there."

Willow gave him a smile; "It's okay. Because I don't remember my actual parents much, it doesn't really hit home but I know they used to be there for me." She looked at Stefan, he was so quiet and Willow was sure he was shy. He had that look of being far far away from reality, off in his own little world. He reminded Willow of Chris, her best friend, he was always off in his own little world when Willow kept talking.

As Willow listened to Stefan's story, she couldn't help feeling like he knew what she went through; Willow gave Stefan a sad smile; "I'm also sorry to hear that your mum passed when your that young. It kinda makes me wish I knew my parents more a bit." Her voice trailed off, she was deep in thought. Maybe she should ask more about her parents when she got back home, what were they like? Were they good people? Questions flooded her mind; "I guess magic is just one of those things that people just believe and don't believe. It's weird calling non magic people 'muggles'...it's not their fault that their not magical, it makes me feel...you know...not normal. Those 'muggles' want to grow up to be doctors and lawyers and over here people want to be an Au...Auroa or something...What happens if I just want to be a non-magical dancer or something." Willow stared at the ground, what happened if she did want to be a non-magical something-a-rather? Does it mean she'll be banned from the wizarding world?. It was something Willow didn't really want to think about.

Stefan wondered how it would be possible to not remember parents if they had only died a year or two before. Maybe Willow and her Parents had just not been close. That was possible. He was sure, that her parents would not have been like his father was. But then he would've given anything to have his mother when he 8. Then he would know what she looked like. But he didn't. And he had to get over it, he knew. Stefan sighed to himself. But then the point raised by the girl, made him really think. He had not really ever thought about growing up. He had never thought he would ever get out of his home situation. Let alone even think about a future. Stefan had no idea. He had never thought about careers in magic or out of magic. "I would imagine no matter what you do, you are still part of the magical world. It'll always be there. It'll always be a part of who we are. So, I guess you would be a non-magical dancer, who make things out of thin air. Or you could always start something muggle and make it magical." Stefan said, thinking outloud. "What is normal though? To muggles or non magic people, we aren't normal. But to us, they aren't really normal. Since they can't do magic."

Willow nodded along, "I guess so, and you made a fair point. I guess our world and the muggle world would just conflict each other"
She wondered about the many questions that first years like her self thought. Maybe they were thinking the same things. Or maybe not.

She needed to clear her head and distracted her self;
"Say, do you want to go for a walk outside or something?" She looked at Stefan, If she needed a distraction then maybe going for a walk with a new friend might do wonders for herself.

OOCOut of Character:
If you want, I can make a new topic, or you can? (&

Stefan nodded to himself. He could understand the fears that most others like them would have. The questions, the wonders. There was so much about this world that they knew nothing about. Stefan wanted to just know everything without trying, but that just was not possible. Stefan nodded to her as she asked if they could go for a walk. Stefan looked out the window. It was bright. A bright white light was emitted from the window. He wasn't sure if it was just because they were high up or if it was because it was incredibly sunny. Either way, Stefan wanted a walk. He stood up and picked up his robes. He folded it and stuffed it into his almost completely empty bag. He did all this with his good hand. The right, his left, he didn't want to move. As it still hurt when he did move it. He did not intend to make it obvious that he wasn't using on of his hands, but it was hard to hide. "I could really go a walk." Stefan said, looking back round at the girl, and giving a small smile. In that moment he wondered what she actually looked like. Black, white and grey, gave little away about her. He had no idea how to non chantently ask what colour eyes she had, without appearing weird. He knew he could always just say. But he didn't want to. So, instead, he just looked down at the floor and waited for her to say something.

OOCOut of Character:

If you could start it, that would be awesome.

Willow nodded; "Okay, so what are we waiting for?" She stood up and got her things,
she felt happy, genuinely happy because she made a new friend - hopefully a friend that she'll have for her entire time
here at Hogwarts and beyond.

Shuffling towards the door she smiled at Stefan and waited for him, it was going to be a good day.
A good day indeed.

</FONT></COLOR></SIZE>
Fin​
<i>
</i>
<SIZE size="50"><COLOR color="#9300C4"><FONT font="Georgia">Walking, Just walking - New Topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back