Role models

Corey Ryder

OOC First Name
Kay
Corey found himself sat on a large rock by the side of the lake. He was just high enough to be safe to not get wet if a wave or something came along. As it was summer he was not expecting a big wave to come along. He had a book in his hands, although it was not a subject book it was just a reading book that he had taken from the library for a quick read. He would have stayed in the common room but there was a boy there who kept bullying him and he didn't want to cross paths with him again.
With a sigh Corey looked up from the pages of his book and looked t the Lake. The sun was shining off the water and it looked so amazing. There were a few birds swimming on the surface. It was peaceful here and h was glad he had come here and not stayed in the castle.

The sun was shining high in the sky. There was not a cloud to be seen in the blue sky. It was a typical Summers day and birds were sining in the sky. Days like this were rare for Logan, because he was always inside studying for tests but as they were over he had some time off until the lessons started next term. His busy timetable was really tiring him out an he was only just getting used to it. He did enjoy his lessons and he was doing well in them but it was just so much more work than he was used to. He would get used to it sooner or later and when he did it would not be a problem.

Walking by the side of the lake like he usually did when he was out and about on the grounds, Logan always took the same route. It was just the one tat he liked the best and it was usually always quiet and peaceful so that he could think. As he got closer to were he would sit down and look over the lake Logan noticed that there was already someone else there. He sighed to himself. The one day he wanted to sit there and it was taken. Still it would be nice to maybe have company so he walked up anyway. "Mind if i join you?" He asked the younger boy who he had never seen before.

Corey was almost in a sort of trance as he looked over the water. He almost did not hear the boy behind him asking if he could join him. Corey quickly turned his head. He didn't know if to answer yes or no. This boy looked older and stronger than him so if he tried to beat him up then Corey wouldn't stand a chance. But if he sad no then that could annoy him. Nodding he said. "Urm yeah sure." He said quietly. Over he years of being bullied Corey had grown to be very nervous around people that he did not know. He had gone through his whole life being punched and he just didn't trust new people to not hurt him. He knew not everyone would but he had just learned that way. Even if he did have a super large family to protect him he knew that he wouldn't get anywhere if he kept running to them and what could they do here, none of them were at his school. He looked away from the older boy an back to his book, maybe if they didn't talk nothing would happen.

A kind smile crossed Logan's face as the boy said he could join him. He seemed a bit uneasy to him but Logan could have been wrong, after all he did not study human behavior. Although now he thought about it he may just add that to the to do list of learning things. Slowly stepping forward Logan sat down on a rock net to the one which the other boy was sat on. The rock was warm under him after being heated by he sun all morning. Summer was with out a doubt Logan's favorite time of year, everything was just so perfect in Summer. "Tell you what. Out of everywhere on the grounds. Here has to be my favorite place to be." He said trying to get a bit of conversation going. He didn't want that awkward silence between the two and he didn't want to be sat next to someone he did not know an not talk to hem. Besides it would make his time here a bit more fun and would me time pass quicker. Not to mention Logan was quite sociable when he was not reading a book or doing homework.

Corey was a little more than slightly confused as he heard the boys words. Was he being nice to him? Or maybe it was a act. A way to make him get close then strike him down. He looked across to him and tried to see if he looked evil or something. Corey didn't think he did, he looked kind but looks can be deceiving. "Yeah I guess im the same. The sound of water makes me calm and this is the best place I find to be." He said quietly to the as Corey looked away from him once more. He was nervous now. He didn't know if this by was nice or mean. He was acting nice so maybe Corey should take a step down and stop being so worried. Not everyone in the school was out to get him. "What house are you in?" Corey asked curiously. He may as well be nice too it was only polite after all

Logan smiled at the boy kindly. Pulling his thin jumper over his head as he was just a bit too hot with it on seeing as the sun was blazing down on him. "I guess it is a bit calming." He said biting his lip as he listened to the sound of the water. It was nice to listen to but he wouldn't spend all day listening to it. He had more important things to d than that. "I'm in Ravenclaw. Third year." He said rather proudly. He loved the fact that he was in Ravenclaw. "What about yo then?" He asked the boy using his own question. He would have thought he would be in either Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff judging by his behaviour but seeing as Logan did not recognise him from their table or common room he guessed it was Hufflepuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back