Preparing for the New Year

Ancilla

Ancilla knew there was still a while for the new year to begin, but she wanted to get a head start, as always. Being a perfectionist was a good personality trait for a house elf to have.

She rushed about, getting herself confused, for her organization skills were at a minimal. One moment she would be cleaning the dishes, the next she would be sweeping the floor.

She had lost track of time, and didn't know if the current school year had even ended yet!

lexi was hungry and stop by at the kitchen, slowly she enter and saw a house elve that was looking tired and just finishing the things that she do. lexi walked towards the house elve and introduce herself, "hello, i'm lexi, is there something i can do to help?" she asked.

Ancilla was so overwhelmed with work that didn't really need to be done until late summer, that she didn't even notice the girl that walked in until she bumped into her.

Looking up, Ancilla said, "So sorry Witch Girl, very sorry. Big New Year rush is getting me nervous. Everything must be perfect for the beginning of the year feast!" Then bowed to the girl, and ran about to get the dishes done.

"its ok." lexi said to the elf. "beginning? but its just the end of the school year." lexi frown and went to help the elf with the dishes.

"Got to get a head start, or it won't be perfect!" Ancilla mumbled under her breath, as she ran away from the half-done dishes to start washing some windows. "Why are you down here?" She asked, not having seen any people down there before.

"i'm hungry so i went down here...is that bad?" she asked the elf, the elf is like doesn't want any people down here. "i'm just going to make myself a sandwich, i think."said lexi bitting her lips.

"No, no. Here witch girl, here is a sandwich for you!" Ancilla exclaimed, not wanting anyone to rummage through the fridge, so she hustled towards the fridge, and pulled out a ready-made sandwich.

She then rushed to the girl, and pushed the sandwich into her hands, and began to wipe the counter-top.

"thanks." lexi said while the elf was giving her the ready- made sandwich. "um...and could you call me lexi, i just don't want to be called witch girl."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back