Paint the sky with stars

Alois Eisler

Wand
Kingwood 15 1/2 with Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
Nights during Spring were always a blessing. Still warm, but mildly enough to offer some relief from the sweltering daytime. But nights were especially beautiful in Europe, especially on the places near the seashores, but for some reason its residents failed to notice the night's charm. Maybe they were too busy with their domestic lives to take the time to admire the stars, proud mothers tucking their children in bed or tired fathers fretting over a stack of bills. Maybe material things had stolen attention away from the night. Whatever the reason, people in the area ignored the dark hours as they slipped away. But Alois Eisler was not one of these people.

The final click of his shoes against the asphalt road passed briefly before drowning out against the sound of roaring waves. He smiled as his shoes sunk firmly into the sand. Sighing happily, he removed them and tossed them along the beach carelessly. He wiggled his toes a bit at the tickling sensation of lukewarm grains, heated by the earlier sun, between them. The rolling waves calling to him, Alois headed toward the water.
As his feet reached the border of land and sea, the ivory sand was replaced with a rush cold water. Waves crashed around his ankles, spraying lightly against his lower thighs. The acrid scent of salt and sea invaded his nostrils and attacked his senses. Nonethe less, he loved this feeling. As the ocean wind whipped around Alois' frame his loose clothing flapped against him tenderly. He needed this moment, to be free, to be unguarded. The world seemed to be weighing so heavily on him lately.

The moon was in full hanging majestically in the night sky, out shining its companions. Its reflection radiated against the black plain beneath it. After a few minutes of staying there, Alois then returned back to the shore and sat, eyes fixed at the dark sky above him.

The only reason why Vivian was in Bulgaria was that she had an appointment with her sister, Sally who was currently living in Sofia. They were talking about what their father told them which was the family restaurant and both was about to be in charge of one of them. After a long debate with her older sister, Vivian decided to go on a quick trip to Burgas all by herself. Vivian had heard that the black sea was beautiful but she had never been there before.

Vivian hugged her sister and then walk into the train. She took a seat and place her handbag on her laps. The young girl was pretty tired but she just had to go. The ride was pretty long, Vivian had enough sleep in there. At last, she had arrived to Burgas, she stepped out and tried to find her way to the black sea. She smiled as she looked at the beautiful beach. She took off her heels and held it as she ran toward the water and start splashing. The sand was so soft, she then walk away from the water and sat on the sand. She place her hands on the sand and closed her eyes as she look at the stars above her.

An hour later, Vivian decided to go back home. But she didn't know how to. She walk a little further trying to find anyone to help her. The beach was deserted which scared her. She ran a little faster as she saw a silhouette of someone in front of her. She spotted on a boy not too far from her, she walk toward him and tapped his shoulder gently. "Excuse me, I'm sorry to bother you but do you know if I can catch a train at this time to Sofia or a place to stay here in Burgas?" Too bad she couldn't use magic outside of school.

Alois turned abruptly when he felt a tap on his shoulder. Seriously, he had not expected anyone to be there, after all, the beach is almost all of the times, deserted during that time of the day. Looking up to see who it was that had tapped him in the shoulder, Alois was a bit surprised to see that it was actually a girl. Well, finding a boy alone there would have been more logical than finding a girl, after all, the night time in Burgas was pretty much rather dangerous.

Standing up to answer the girl's question, Alosi noticed that the girl was actually pretty much around his age. "Well, the railway station of Bourgas has connections to all parts of the country. The express train to Sofia travels less than 6.30 hours, but there is a bus station near the railway station. If you're looking for a place to stay, there are numerous options, the most famous hotels are Park Hotel, situated on the banks of the Atanassovo lake, Primorets Hotel, Bulgaria Hotel and Cosmos Hotel, these offer top-quality service at high prices, cheaper accommodation can be found in small private hotels in the suburbs." He said in a know-it-all tone, counting the places in his fingers. He then stopped to pause for some air. "you know, it's pretty much dangerous because it's already nighttime, would you want me to accompany you?" He added with a curious tone, wondering whether the girl would trust him even though they had just met,

"I should've brought the floo powder" Vivian murmured after listening to the boy who gave her all the information. She didn't mind staying in the hotels, she was sure that her father would let her stay there and would pay for her but she didn't want to be all alone. Usually Brad would accompany her, she wasn't sure why she visit her sister all alone, if only she could turn back time, she would probably insist Brad on coming along.

Since the place was pretty dark and Vivian wasn't use on going somewhere all by herself, she nodded when the boy ask her if she wanted him to accompany her. "Dangerous?" She asked with a little panic tone. "Maybe I can stay for a while and ask someone to pick me up in the morning or I catch a train in the morning" She said feeling a little disappointed. "Hey... Are you planning on going home or... Staying up late? Not that it's not late" She giggle. Vivian was as crazy as her twin brother, they usually sneak out at night and roam around the city but since she knew nothing about Burgas, perhaps this boy could guide? Well it was all up to him, she didn't mind if he was about to go back home, she didn't want to force him.

Alois nodded when the girl asked about the place being dangerous. It really was, especially on dark nights like these. "Yes, it is really better if you would just stay in a hotel somewhere around here, it's better to travel by day, and if I were you, I wouldn't ride the trains, I would prefer the buses.." Alois said casually with a shrug. Trains in Burgas are not really that comfortable in the first place, and you really need to be observant if ever you wanted to ride one.

"No, I'm not going home yet, there's no one in the house, my mom and dad are out, so, I am free now." He said with a smile as he checked the time in his watch, a muggle device given to him by an acquaintance. "Speaking of which, I believe that I haven't catch your name yet, my name's Alois." He then said as he remembered that through out their whole conversation, none of them had even tried to ask each others' names.

Vivian smile wider as her eyes began to sparkle as soon as she heard him not planning on going back home right after this. "Oh I'm sorry... I'm Vivian, Vivian Kuang." She said as she gave a hand for him to shook. "What school do you go to?" She asked hoping that she wasn't being impolite. Just like her older sister, she was curious about everything and tend to ask people about a lot of things until they were annoyed. And this is when Brad had to stop her, sadly he wasn't here. "Do you... Mind giving me a tour?" She asked and paused for several seconds before continuing to speak. "I'll treat you ice cream" She smiled and chuckle realizing that she was being stupid. The girl wasn't good around people that she knew nothing about, usually she began acting awkwardly.

"NIce to meet you Vivian..." Alois said with a smile as he shook the girl's hand. Now, he had one thing that he could possibly do, at least, he would't have to be bored anymore. "Durmstrang, I'm a fifth year there..." He then said as he retracted his hand and placed in his pant's pocket once again. "How about you? Which school do you attend?" Obviously, the girls wasn't from the same school as him as he hadn't seen her around there just yet. She could possibly be from Hogwarts or Beauxbatons.

Alois nodded in agreement when the girl asked whether he would want to give her a tour. "Of course I would love to tour you around here..." He said waving his hands to reject the offer for an ice cream. "No, I'll be the one who should treat you for an ice cream, you know, I'm the guy here.." He said with a laugh, placing his hands behind his head as he began to walk. "Where would you want to go?"

Just as Vivian thought, the boy went to the same school as her older sister, Sally. "Beauxbaton" She said and smiled. "A fifth year as well. My older brother and cousins are Durmstrang graduate. My older sister Sally is there too, a seventh year." Vivian liked Beauxbaton more than Salem, the students were very nice and there weren't any bully there. Or at least she hadn't bumped into one. Hopefully that never happen.

Vivian smiled after listening to Alois rejecting the offer, he was being a gentleman unlike Brad who would steal Vivian's money to buy whatever he want or use it to buy his girlfriend something. "Can't a girl treat a guy?" Vivian said with a joking manner. "Well since you're touring me then I'll have to repay you somehow later on..." Vivian knew nothing about Burgas, she had no idea what was in there except the black sea. "I'm not sure where I want to go. Maybe to a place where we can sit around either its in the cafe or on a bench. But honestly this place scares me" She laughed. "It's too dark" She whispered and smiled.

Alois raised an eyebrow when the girl talked about how her other relatives do study at Durmstrang as well. "Why did you chose Beauxbatons then? I mean, if your sister and the other members of your family are in Durmstrang, why not go there as well?" He asked, voice full of curiosity. He wanted to know more if the girl would let him. He wondered what was actually good in Beauxbatons, of course not that he didn't like being in Durmstrang, but really, sometimes, he do wonder what would happen if ever he would transfer there.

Alois laughed at what the girl had said, of course, she do have a point. "Well, of course you can do that, but since it's our first meeting, I'll be the one to treat you, you can repay me back anytime in the near future." He said with a smile. He had always learned how to be a gentleman, but of course, sometimes, he could be rather childish as well. "Let's go to the sea garden or the Burgas park, you choose.." He said, offering the places where they could go. "Well, this place is Creepy, but it's beautiful too isn't it?"

Just as she thought, the boy asked Vivian why Sally didn't go to Beauxbaton. "Well she was in Beauxbaton and then she got herself transferred because my older brother used to go to Durmstrang. And my sister told me that Durmstrang is kinda... Dangerous" She shrugged not really knowing what Sally meant by dangerous. "So Beauxbaton it is for my twin brother and I" She smiled. "Do you have any brother or sister?" She said and lead him away from the beach. She was a little scared of the dark. "It is beautiful" She said as she looked at the stars that were decorating the heaven.

"The park will be great... I guess" She shrugged letting him lead the way. "I'm a 50% guy... Trust me!!" She placed her hands on Alois shoulder forcing him to look at her and laughed after that. "Ice cream's on me" Vivian was going to treat him either he liked it or not. She was used to it anyway thanks to Brad who had been clinging on her. "Is it always this quiet here?" She asked not seeing anyone on the street.

Alois had had to laugh when he heard the girl's statement, he had heard rumors that Durmstrang really had that reputation of being dangerous, yet, hearing it straight from the girl had really made him laugh. "Dangerous eh? Probably, but it's bearable and fun.." He said after he had stopped himself from laughing. Sure enough, Durmstrang was really not that safe of a place like Hogwarts and Beauxbatons, students are allowed to cast jinxes and hexes, and well, they do study about dark arts there, so it was in no wonder that they would be viewed as dangerous.

Alois the looked at Vivian when she asked if he had a brother or a sister. "No I don't, I'm an only child, but well, a cousin of mine lives with us, she's like a little sister to me.." He said with a wistful smile, sometimes, he do wish to have a sibling of his own, yet, because of his parents busy schedule, he knew that it was far from possible.

"Alright then, to the park it is.." He said, leading the way to the said place, yet he still reminded himself to keep his walking at pace with the girl's he wouldn't want to distance himself too far after all. "50% guy, it's not 70% or 100%?" He said with a laugh as he looked at Vivian when she placed her hands on his shoulder. "I'm just kidding of course.." He then added. "Do what you want then, but I'll treat you to something else if you like, a movie or something? Anything really..." He said giving up on insisting that he should be the one to pay for the dessert. "Yes, it's always quiet here, people here seemed to forgot how to appreciate the beauty of the night sky and the blanket of starts nowadays..."

Vivian had never dream of going to Durmstrang, she was comfortable there in Beauxbaton and she was sure that Brad was too. "But you wont be able to have fun like my brother" She laughed as she remember Brad being slapped on the face by a French girl for hitting on her. "As in flirting with the French girls or veelas" Beauxbaton was a home of veelas, a lot of them went there. "Well as for me, I enjoy not being bullied there. My sister got into a fight and so was my brother, back in Durmstrang. If I were them, I wouldn't know what to do" Vivian wasn't a big fan of fighting even though she knew how to do martial art.

Vivian followed Alois who was leading the way. Usually it was her who led the way but since she knew nothing about this place, she let him do it. "Hmmm let me see, I can fight like a guy, so that makes me 60%, and I play quidditch like a guy, so that makes me 70%, and I'm treating you... So... That makes me 90%" She laughed. "Shame on them" The beach was beautiful, who wouldn't want to sit around for hours just to look at the stars? "Well MAYBE you can treat me. If... You can catch me" She said and ran as fast as she could, Vivian was fast, she was the fastest runner in the family before Brad.

Alois smirked as Vivian talked about Beauxbatons being full of Prt-veelas, he does agree with that, his mother was from there after all, and she herself was a veela, thus making him a part-veela as well. "Believe me or not, I do have a fair share of having fun in Durmstrang, you see, I'm a part-veela if you haven't figured it out just yet.." He said, shrugging as he remembered himself being slapped by a girl who had thought that he was interested in her which is actually not the truth. "Not all of the students there are bullies, I don't look like one do I?" He then added, explaining that Durmstrang's image doesn't apply to all of its students.

"I knew it Viv, you're not really a girl..." He then said with a laugh, coming up with a nickname for her. "You don't mind it do you? Me calling you Viv?" He said, a gentle yet charming smile appearing on his face. He then laughed as he saw Vivian making a run away from him. Alois is very athletic and all so he was confident that he can outrun her. With a deep breath, he started to follow her, being on equal pace as her. "What did you say about me catching you?" He said, a confident smirk visible in his face.

Vivian widen her eyes as she looked at him blankly right after he said that he's a part-veela. No wonder he was good looking. "This explains why you're good" She decided not to continue because she didn't want to make a fool out of her self. "That you look like one" She forced herself to smile, but the smile turned into a grin, a stupid one. "I can be a bully, only to my brother and little cousins though" She laughed. "Well for now, you don't look like a bully" Well at least he looked nice, both inside and outside. "I don't mind, you can call me Viv" She said before running.

Vivian was quite surprised that he could catch up with her. Right after he smirked, Vivian smirked back, she stopped and ran the other way around, to the South and then turn to the East trying to see if he had a tac tic to catch her. She was having so much fun, she hadn't been able to run freely lately, she had been busy with school and work that was given by her father.

Alois had had to laugh when he saw Vivian's reaction right after he had said that he was a part-veela, it was really funny, yet adorable at the same time. "Viv, you really are unique.." He said, patting the girl in the head. He then smirked when she told him that she could be bully sometimes. "Let's try if you can bully me then, and well, of course I am REALLY really kind Viv, see, I even have the wings of an angel." He added with a laugh, gesturing to his back as he realized ho stupid and ridiculous he had actually sounded.

When Vivian ran around in different directions, Alois had stopped and just stood there, watching her to her thing. "Viv, I'm going to use dirty tactics here..." He said, informing her of his plan. He figured that she'll tire herself up anyway, and once he got the chance, he'll catch her, that would work for sure, it really would.

"I am unique, special, adorable, awesome eh? I'm just.... Plain awesome" Vivian exaggerated and laughed. Of course she was kidding, she didn't mean to brag. "Yeah I can see that, can't you see these wings on my back? They're flapping right now" she imitated the chickens. Vivian liked it when she was able to goof around other people, she couldn't really do it back in the school, a lot of girls were too serious and they wanted to look perfect when the guys were around.

After seeing Alois stopped, Vivian stopped not moving an inch. "Well what's the plan?" She smirked as she twirled her self around, doing the pirouette which was one of the spinning technique in ballet. "It's sad huh? That we can't use magic outside school" It would be much easier to catch someone else using magic.

"you're too proud of yourself Viv!" Alois said, smirking at the girl with him, it was pretty fun to talk with her, she's just so carefree and all. "Wings? You have one? for real, I can't see it, where is it Viv?" he then said, circling Vivian as she imitated the chickens, he was goofing around with her, and it was actually rare for him to do that, he would usually do that if ever he was really close with the person.

When Vivian stopped, Alois made a dash at her, holding her hands to prevent her from moving. "Yes, that is the plan, and it works right? you're a captive now.." He said with another smirk before he had let go o her once again. "Magic, yes, it really is sad, I do hope that one of theses days, we wouldn't have to follow that law.. but that would be far from possible.." alois said, shrugging a little as he cast a glance at the girl with him.

The twins were share the same kind of joke or at least type of jokes. "Well I'm sorry but only those who have an awesome ability can see my awesome wings. People like" She stopped and pretended to think and continued "Me!" She laughed as her new friend circling her. He sure saved the day, she was in a bad mood in the morning because of her father, and her sister. But it seemed that she had forgotten her problems.

Vivian pretended to pout when Alois caught her. "Are you going to be a meanie to me?" She said with a baby-ish tone and laughed after that. "Magic is wonderful, I don't know why we can't use it outside school. Hey! At least we can practice and kill our brothers. Or at least hurt him.... JUST FOR ONCE! Awww dang it, I want to do that sooo bad" She snapped her finger remembering what her older brother did to her last Summer. She was going to make him pay, later when she's allowed to use magic.

"Really, let me see it then,..." alois said as he went behind her back, touching her on the shoulder in the process of doing so. "For real, you really had one Viv, so I have an awesome ability right?" He then said, laughing as he did. It was the first time that he had ever such thing before.

Alois just had to fight back another laugh as he saw the pout on Vivian's face, as well as her baby-ish tone. "now now Viv, that's not gonna work on me... I can see through that innocent face of yours." He said, pinching her on the cheek. "It must be really cool to have brothers and sisters eh? And I do agree, not with the killing part though... but we can all be sadists at times right?" He then said, grinning as he saw Vivian snapped her finger.

Alois was really goofy, even more than Brad sometimes. Vivian really like being around him, he was so fun and active. "Yeah you have quite an eye" She laughed and pretended to be serious as she plastered on her serious face and looked at Alois coldly. "You do realize that you have a high imagination, stop fooling around!" She said before laughing. Of course she was joking, she never want him to stop having fun.

Right after he pinched her cheek, the girl pinched Alois's cheek, both his left and right and not let it go. "Say I'm more awesome than you, then I'll let you go" She pinched a little harder. The pinch weren't suppose to hurt him that much, she was playing so she wasn't using her whole energy to pinch him.

"I know that Viv, you don't have to tell me.." Alois said, narrowing his eyes as he crossed his arms in front of his chest. "I have quite a great eye for detail eh?" He added, albeit in a little too self-centered manner. He then suppressed a laugh when he saw Vivian plaster a serious face, it was really funny for him that he cannot really help it. "Viv, you should stop that..." He said, eyes tearing up because of too much laughter.

Alois' eyes widened when he felt Vivian's hands pinching him on both side of his cheek, it didn't hurt at all but it seems really funny when someone see them like that. "Fine fine I'll say it.." He said, running a hand through his thick mane of black hair before he decided to close his eyes. "Vivian is more awesome than me..." He said, pausing a little as he opened his eyes once again. "Only in her dreams of course, cause I do know that I'm greater..." He then added, a mischievous smirk appearing on his pretty face.

Vivian was glad that she could make Alois laugh, not everyone could laugh at her joke. Some were offended which was awkward. She smirked as she heard Alois said that she was more awesome than him. She let go of her hand but once she heard him say that it was only in his dream, she pinched him a little harder and not let go. "I can kill you in a heartbeat I swear!" She said pretending to be mad and pinched him a little harder. It must hurt a little, not too much, she didn't dare to hurt him.

OOCOut of Character:
sorry its short T_T

Alois laughed when Vivian pinched him harder on the cheek, it did hurt, but only just a little, not something that could possibly kill him, right? He then moved his hand to touch Vivian's trying to stop her from pinching harder. "Now Viv, just so you know, I do like taking revenge..." He said, his hand now moving to Vivian's cheeks, pinching it the same way that she did to his, only his was not that hard as hers. "Let's have a deal, let go of me and I'll let go of you." He said, smirking at the girl, his eyes showing his mischievous trouble maker side. He really had that tendency to act childlike, especially if he enjoys the company of the person that he's with, and Vivian was someone like that, he can act as carefree as he could, no worries at all. And he actually like that feeling, it was the second time that he felt like that, the first one where he was free to express himself was actually with a classmate that he had back in his school.
OOCOut of Character:
It's alright. :D ^_^

Vivian narrowed her eyes as she looked at Alois sharply not moving an inch. "Ouch, it hurts" She said flatly when her cheeks were pinched. "How can I trust you dear kind lad? Why don't YOU let ME GO and then I'll let you go" She smirked. "Hopefully" She added in Chinese hoping that he didn't understand. "One... Two... Three" She counted and pinched a little harder. "I MEAN IT!!!" She pretended to be mad and laughed after that. They probably looked like a couple of stupid people goofing around. But Vivian couldn't care, she had been in a worse situation.

Alois smirked at Vivian's reaction to him pinching her, it was pretty funny to say the least. "Trust me Viv, you let go, then I will, heard about ladies first?" Alois said, not moving his hand even a little, even if the wind had already blown his hair to cover a part of his face, he was actually enjoying. "No fair Viv, don't use a foreign language now, I can't understand that, but if that's the way you like it, then so be it..." He said, the last words spoke in his native tongue, German.

Knowing the he had actually no chance to have Vivian let go of him, a though had entered his mind, a playful smirk then appeared at his usually calm face. Laughing slightly, he drew his face closer to hers, till they were already just inches apart, and at that, he smirked once again, "Let go now, Vivian.." He whispered at her ears. If she won't let go by him threating her, then he could possibly use this way, it would pretty much be easier too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back