Gaston Dubois

OOC First Name
Pat
Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
16 1/2" Holly Wand with An Essence of Manticore Hair
Continued from: Rookies Office

Well his first day of work was interesting to say the least but Gaston didn’t have time to think about that due to the fact that as soon as his shift was over he was straight off home again, but he wasn’t alone. Oh how his day took a turn that he never would have imagine to happen in a million years. Not only had he started his new job today but he had started work in the same exact place as his ex – girlfriend, which he was far from over yet, was working at. He had know that she would be working in that department, but in the New Zealand branch?, that he had not expected. While finding out that the person he still had strong feelings for was working, quite literally, just across from him was big enough, he had also asked her to move in with him? He had immediately regretted doing do so but when she had agreed he couldn’t help but hope that something was still there and it could be rekindled. Since he had asked her to move in with him he couldn’t very well do it without knowing what it was like so now the two stood at the door to his flat. He nervously fumbled with the keys but only because he was anxious to know what Moko’s reaction and final word would be. “Well here it is.” he said as he opened the door to show the main living area, letting Moko enter first. “What do you think?” he asked as he closed the door behind him.

Moko should have known as she stood outside the very ordinary looking house that it would be anything but ordinary when they entered. Yet somehow she had herself psyched up to see clothes strewn everywhere, dirty dishes and cutlery left to grow fungus, that the air would be stifling with stale sweat when he opened the door... she had expected all of this because she had seen boys dormitories before; so when the door did open her gasp of delight was so surprising and so real, that there could be no doubt at all that she liked the place.

Turning to smile at Gaston after taking a few steps inside, Moko told him exactly what she thought of the place.
"I love it, it's ... it's amazing and ... clean" she blurted it out and cringed a little at her tactless comment, then biting her lower lip a moment blurted out another ,"So when can I move in?"she knew she should at least wait to see what her own room would be like and couldn't help but wonder just how close to each other the two rooms would be. A slight blush rose to her cheeks as she thought it and she had to turn away from him, admiring the decor once more.

Gaston tried to breathe normally as Moko entered his house. He was just glad that he had at least got his living room into shape. He hadn’t moved into his house that long ago and with getting ready to start his job he hadn’t quite got everything unpacked yet but it was more the remainder of the finishing touches that needed to be unpacked; thankfully. When Moko expressed how much she liked the house he couldn’t help but breathe a sigh of relief and smile. He laughed at the remark about his house being clean but he shrugged it off, he knew what some boys were like but Gaston couldn’t stand his place being a mess and he didn’t care what people said about that it was his place and he was going to take pride in it. When Moko asked when she could move in his mouth fell open for a moment, “Wow, as soon...I mean, whenever you want.” he corrected himself not wanting to seem over enthusiastic. “Are you sure you don’t want to see the rest of it first?” he asked curiously.

Her practical nature had once again flown out the window as a result of being around him and she seriously wanted to kick herself as a result. She had been a big enough fool because of Alex and had promised herself that she wouldn't behave like that for any other guy. Why then she did so around Gaston was beyond her, it was as if she simply couldn't help herself.

"Sure, definitely" she told him, "I might like this much but if I don't like my own sleeping quarters then what's the point right?" she knew she was beginning to babble and wanted to stick her fist in her mouth to shut herself up fast. Instead she picked up a photo frame that had it's back to her just as something to do and convinced it was family that they could then talk about, Moko turned it around and became speechless. She had it's exact copy back in her home on her bedside drawer. It was of the two of them taken the night of the Yule Ball. She smiled inwardly and glowed outwardly to know that he had kept it and that it was on view at least somewhere. Actually it was on prominent view which startled her a bit and suddenly her heart was doing back flips as hope reignited itself within her.

"I kept my one as well" she smiled at him, placing it down carefully and turning to face him as her hands clasped together, "So... that room then?"
now she couldn't help the smile that seemed glued to her face.
Gaston had their photograph up in his sitting room, she was so tempted to do a little dance of pure and utter delight that it was killing her to simply appear normal.

Gaston smiled easily as Moko agreed to see the rest of the house before making a final decision about whether she wanted to stay with him or not. Nodding in agreement with her words he lifted his arm in the direction of where the bedrooms were just out of the main living area. Just as he was about to walk on he turned to see that Moko had lifted one of the pictures he had on his side table just as you entered the flat; he let his arm fall to his side. There were a number of pictures around his flat so far, he had never been anywhere without his family and he knew it would be hard to be so far away from them so he had taken a few of his favourite pictures from home with him. Among the pictures he also had some memories from school, be it with friends, random moments that held a story behind them, pictures from events like Halloween or the Holiday Ball, basically everything that needed to remind him of the good times he had had at Beauxbatons. Although the certain picture Moko had was on that held an extra special memory to him and he was sure to her as well; the Yule Ball of the year Moko was at Beauxbatons for the TriWizard Tournament – the year the two had met. As he looked at the picture he couldn’t help but smile at the memory but he was also worried at how Moko would react to it, he hadn’t intended on letting Moko know that he kept the time they had together so close to him.

Although he was pleasantly surprised when Moko responded with an answer he hadn’t expected...she had the copy that she was given too. Gaston’s heart began to race a bit at this news, he didn’t know if it meant she still hoped their relationship could be rekindled like he did or if she just saw him as a friend now. He would liked to have asked her then and there but he was afraid, afraid that he could ruin what already was a great friendship and make things awkward beyond repair for the two of them. When she brought him back to earth by asking where her room was he pointed her in the right direction and began to walk towards it. “I haven’t had time to work on the spare room yet so it’s a blank canvas for you to do with it what you wish. We can take some day we’re not at work and do it up together? If you want to that is.” he suggested to her. Opening the door he revealed a spacious room with minimum decoration done to it, basically just a bed and the bare essentials. Stepping on it to it he pointed out the en-suite just through the door off to the side, “So what do you think? Could you make it work for you?” he asked, more nervous than ever right now.

She followed him along to where the spare room was and couldn't help smiling at how he spoke about it.
"I'm sure it'll be fine Gaston" it was sweet of him to be so concerned. He opened the door and she stepped in, a smile instantly dazzled her face. She liked the fact that it was a blank canvass, it meant more scope and so much more potential to decorate it to her own taste unlike the frilly girly room that her guardians had decorated for her. She turned to him brightly, a hand holding his arm for a brief moment as she spoke.
"Gaston I love it".

Moving off to the windows she looked out at the view and smiled before turning back to look at the room once more. Could she make it work for her? She so wished those words were meant for them instead of a room. It seemed her insides only caught on in that moment that they were alone together, her palms seemed to moisten suddenly and butterflies knotted up her stomach as she looked at him. He was devastating, so handsome there should have been a law against it and yet he didn't seem to realize what sort of effect he had on her.
"I can make it work" she blinked looking away so he wouldn't see the emotions oozing from her, the desire to be held by him. Her gaze took in the room again as she walked back towards the door, "You'll regret the offer of helping me to do it up you know. I'm a terrible slave driver."
She winked playfully at him, though her hand reached up to brush delicately across his arm as she walked out of the room once more. Glancing at that same hand she felt every tiny tingle that touching him had caused and remembered the very first time she had ever touched him, ever kissed him. Moko stood rooted to the spot in silent wanderings for a moment, a dreamy smile on her face that the memories of them together evoked.

Gaston held his breath as he watched Moko entered the room and scrutinise it. He sincerely hoped she liked the room! Heck he so badly wanted her to move in her would glad swap rooms with her and left her do up his room whatever way she wanted, anything to make her stay. The idea had only been in his head for half of the day but already he loved the idea of the two of them living and working together. Even if it was only as friends, he enjoyed Moko’s company and was willing to do anything to make her want to move in. A sigh of relief was all that could be heard from Gaston when she said she loved it. He felt like jumping for joy but knew better than to do that here and now....later maybe. He watched he move through the room glad that he wasn’t in her mind right now. He had a mother and a sister and when it came to decorating ideas he knew what was going on in their head could be scary at times. Little did he knew if he was in her head right now he would know how easy it would be for him to embrace her then and they and simply kiss her, never wanting to let go...but again he didn’t know this so he would refrain from doing so. When she walked back to him he listened to her remark and chuckled softly, catching the playful wink he raised his eyebrows. “You make it sounds like a challenge Craven.” he said, playfully being competitive. “So when do you want to move in?” he asked, disregarding the knots in his stomach from her touch.

She couldn't help but turn to him laughing as she did so.
"You haven't called me that since... " she broke off about to say since they had been dating at Beauxbatons, instead she just smiled at him. Her eyes holding memories that she held so very close to her heart.
"You should know by now everything is a challenge, with me anyhow" another light laugh as she retraced her steps slowly to the main room again.
"Well ... I'll have to go home and change first" she sent him a cheeky grin letting him know she was only joking, there was no way she could possibly move in right away no matter how much she would have loved too. As it was there were tons of things to take care of first, her things to pack up; her entire life would probably fit neatly into three good sized trunks. All her parents stuff could be left behind in Samson's attic until she would need it again.
"I guess within the next few days, definitely by the end of the week. I just have some things to take care of first" Samson and Corinne would be gobsmacked for starters that she had found a place so quickly and was moving in even quicker but she knew they would understand eventually.

She stayed just a while longer after that but eventually had to say her farewells no matter how loathe she was to do so. It felt so right to be with him, to be near him and it certainly felt great to be working alongside of him. They would in her mind because a force to be reckoned with. That night she lay awake for what felt like hours simply thinking about him and later she slept only to dream about him. The week past in all but a blur, they were extremely busy and thankfully not just with paperwork either. They got some physical training in, preparing them for different eventualities that might occur when out in the field.
At last Friday came along, Morrigan was finally all packed up and ready to move in. She had said farewell to her guardians who behaved as if she were leaving for another country instead of merely over the road a few miles. Now standing before the door once more she felt a knot of apprehension as she knocked upon it, then sitting on top of one of her three trunks she smiled, waiting for Gaston and the rest of her life to begin.

Gaston smiled when Moko remembered the times he had called her by her surname; sometimes they were so competitive it wasn’t even funny but thankfully it was never too serious. Following Moko out to the main room he laughed at her comment, he knew that only too well after challenging her on a number of occasions at Beauxbatons, “It’s good to know then that you haven’t changed.” he said sincerely with the laughter still lacing his words. Then again he hadn’t expected Moko to have changed much as it was only a few months since she left him at Beauxbatons, and he was glad she hadn’t. Reaching the main living area he caught her comment about having to go home and change first before moving in. His face fell for a moment; she couldn’t be seriously could she? Of course he wouldn’t mind if she were to move in right away but it seemed like too much bother for Moko as she would be in a rush. When he caught the sign of her smirk he nudged her playfully before sitting down. The two talked for a while; catching up on everything that they had missed during the holidays but before long Moko had to leave. Once she was gone Gaston took a while to try and gather his thoughts on everything that just happened. It had been a whirlwind of a day and even though he was tired after his first day of work he was unable to sleep for the longest time; he was too excited at the prospect of living with Moko.

The rest of the week went by quite smoothly with work getting himself and Moko, along with the other new recruits to the departments, trained up and prepared for certain situations that they could find themselves in during their time in the department. At the end of the week Gaston found himself happier than he had all week. Not only had his first week of work gone well but today with the day that Moko was finally moving in. Before leaving work they had gone over a few details and went their separate ways..no doubt for the last time. Apparating home he made sure that the house was tidy enough for Moko to move in. He quickly got changed into something a bit more casual but now he was in his own home he didn’t mind. Time dragged in until he heard a knock at the door. Grinning her made his way to the door, taking a breath to compose himself. When the opened the door he saw Moko standing there, as beautiful as ever, with a number of trunks behind her, “Sure you got everything?” he asked with a tiny smirk.

She smiled widely when he answered the door, standing and surveying her trunks before nodding her head a little.
"I think I have but Samson said he'll send anything else on if I forgot something" she grinned walking towards him. Her dark chocolate brown eyes twinkled as if a million stars shone in them and every one because she was looking directly at Gaston. They could be in a shack in some war torn impoverished country and she knew without a doubt that it would not phase her because he was there with her. Glancing back at the trunks as she came to stand alongside him, she looked for a moment as if she were deep in thought. Allowing herself to lean her shoulder against his own. She could smell his aftershave and stalled longer than she had planned too, the familiar scent intoxicating her. When she thought her senses had returned, she took out her wand and pointed at the trunks.

"How about you move one magically and I'll move that one and this one we carry in together" she glanced at him, standing up straight once again when she realised how very close their faces were to one another. Moko wanted to kick herself badly, she seemed to have developed a maddening knack of teasing herself where Gaston was concerned.

Gaston couldn’t give a care in the world if Moko had taken every single possession she ever owned and left him having no room in the house for anything that belonged to him, just as long as she was there he would be happy. He simply nodded softly when she said that Samson would send anything she forgot at a later date; if she forgot anything at least they would have time to get what she had unpacked first of all. When Moko moved beside him a soft smile graced his lips as she was close enough to smell her sweet scent that easily gave him goosebumps all over. As far as he was concerned time had stood still as the two stood there looking at her trunks, he only was able to come back down to earth when Moko began to talk again.

Listening to her plan he nodded his head in agreement. Taking his wand out of his back pocket he turned his face to agree with Moko. When he turned his face he only noticed just how close they were to one another. With very little bother he could easily lean forward and kiss her like he had wanted to do since he saw her again at the beginning of the week. As he looked into her eyes he felt his brain going into overload, should he do it or not? He knew that he wanted to do it but he was afraid to ruin what they had going now, everything was working just fine and he didn’t want to ruin anything incase Moko didn’t feel that way anymore and for that reason he decided against it. “Trunks! Yes!” he said as he came out of his daze, straightening up more. Pointing his wand at the trunks he casted the spell and the watched the trunk rise slightly in the air and moving his wand he directed the trunk to Moko’s room.

He stared at her as well and wondered what was running through his mind, it took all her concentration to tear her gaze from him though all she had wanted to do was kiss him. She felt the sigh begin in her toes and stretch its way right up to the very roots of her hair when they turned from one another to tackle the trunks. Hovering one and helping to carry the other wasn't quite as simple as it had sounded but soon they were depositing all three trunks on the floor of her room. Her room! It made her smile brightly as she raised her arm and the back of her right hand wiped some hair from her face. It was typical that it escaped from its tie when she least wanted it too. Now afraid in case she looked nothing short of a mess in front of him, Moko turned around to unlock one of her trunks.

"It's mainly clothes in that one, so I can do that by myself later" she told him, the one she was opening contained all her books while the one that Gaston had levitated in was filled with school memorabilia, the triwizard cup, photo albums, framed photographs and a whole bunch of other things that she had considered vital for hording over the years.
"You can begin with that one if you like" she smiled at him over her shoulder completely forgetting that in the pile of photos were a few of herself with Gaston. One of which had lipstick markings across his face when she would go to sleep at night, pick up the picture to kiss him goodnight before then rolling over for a restless night of longing for him.

Gaston cursed the narrowness of the hallway that lead from the living area to the bedrooms and the doors as he and Moko had tried to move her trunks from the doorway into her room. It was slightly frustrating but after a while he just gave up and began to laugh as the struggled to get the last trunk into Moko’s room. Once it finally hit the ground he let out a sigh of relieve and looked over to Moko just as she was moving some hair from her face, there was just something about her that to him, she was as beautiful as ever. When she said what was in each trunk and assigned him to one he nodded lightly and kneeled down beside the trunk to open it. Once it was opened his look inside it for a moment to see what type of stuff he would be handling.

Some of it looked a bit delicate so he started to lift a few things out, trying his best not to break anything. “Wow, this is a blast from the past.” he said with a laugh as he lifted out the infamous TriWizard Cup that Moko had won a number of months ago, something Gaston remembered well. Setting it down in it’s appropriate place as pointed out by Moko he went back to what he was doing. It wasn’t until a few more items down he saw another blast from the past and his past at that. Kneeling down beside the trunk again he looked at a few of the pictures around it, there were a number of blasts from not just Moko’s past but his own. In his hands were not only pictures that he had of the two of them but also memories that he had dear to him. Smiling softly at them as memories flooded back he began to place them out again, deciding not to bring it up with Moko. Until he came to one near the end that looked like it had some smudges on it. He wasn’t quite sure what it was and could only make out that they were the same colour as Moko’s lipstick. “Um this one looks a bit dirty.” he said, passing it over to her.

Moko looked at what he was talking about in time to see the cup she had fought tooth and nail to win. Indicating the best place for it for now, she returned to her own pile. Removing books and stacking them in rows on the floor. She would go in search of a book shelf on her next day off or perhaps purchase some pieces of wood and attempt to make her own. She smiled at the thought but knew that her skills were a far cry from home making. As this thought caused her to blush Moko turned to see the picture that Gaston was holding.

It dawned on her instantly which one it was and a squeal of extreme embarrassment and frustration tore from her as she scrambled to reach him and the photograph. Stupidly of course she exlaimed;
"It's not dirt" and then she felt the heat rise again to her face as she stood up and hid the photograph behind her back. A swift glance into the trunk and she saw her journal and the stack of poems she had written about him, tied with a delicate chiffon light blue bow as it had matched the colour of the Beauxbatons uniforms. She knew she would have to take over this particular trunk or he would see it all and she would die of mortification because it was obviously clear that he had no other interest in her other than workmate and now house mate. If he had she deduced then surely he would have been some bit pleased to see a photograph of them in her trunk instead of simply commenting on dirt on a photograph.

"I'll take over altogether" she told him, nodding her head vigorously, "really it's okay. I've so much stuff it really wasn't fair to expect you to help me."

Gaston looked at the photo frame a bit closer to try and make out what the smudging was, unless he was mistaken it he probably could be but he thought that the smudges looked like lip marks. If he had of gotten a closer look at it he would have seen that they were indeed lip marks that happened to be the same shape as Mokos: having looked at them often enough and had felt them against his own so many times they were unmistakable; unforgettable. Although he didn’t get time to look at the frame close enough to recognise them as Moko snatched it from his hands. “Hey!” he said, amused as how she quickly defended the picture and that it wasn’t dirt. “Okay, I believe you.” he said with a soft smile, his eyebrows quirked slightly as he wondered what had gotten into Moko. She seemed to have a few pictures of the two of them together, as he had, but what was so special about this one.

When Moko told him that she would take over with the rest of the unpacked he frowned slightly. What had gotten into her? He didn’t say anything did he? Gaston wasn’t really sure but he decided it would be best to not go against her wishes. Frowning slightly he stood up and looked down at Moko. “I honestly don’t mine helping you but if you’re sure I’ll start on dinner.” he said as he walked out of the room. As he stood at the doorway he stopped for a minute and turned back round to Moko. “I really liked that picture of us two.” he said, sincerely, with a soft smile on his face before he went into the kitchen to start dinner.

She could only offer him a smile as he spoke and left the room. A sigh escaped her as soon as she heard him walking away towards the kitchen. Taking the photograph from behind her back, her finger tips delicately traced the outline of his face. Gently touched his mouth and then she was hugging the photograph to her as she walked over to her bed. There was only one place this photograph went and that was under her pillow, this one meant more to her than all of the others and it wasn't because he was looking more handsome or that it had been a special event that they had attended. They had been merely sitting on a park bench in the nearing village that the Beauxbatons students were allowed to visit, chatting away while eating ice cream cones when an elderly couple had walked passed holding hands. She had asked them on a whim to take the picture but had been unable to take her eyes from the couple as they had complied before walking off again. One thought had entered her head then 'Was it possible to love one person forever?' Gaston had commented on how nice the couple had been and as she had turned to smile at him, the answer to her own question was answered; 'Yes'.
Looking into his eyes in that moment, she had believed it possible and that photograph would always remind her of that.

Though as she lay across her bed gazing at his face, contemplating on their present situation Moko didn't see how she would ever get him to realise that she still cared for him. Not unless she actually said it aloud. Was it worth the risk, she mused. Would he rebuke her by letting her know he didn't feel that way anymore? Moko had always considered herself proud and head strong but when it came to Gaston Dubois she was always out of her depth. After another few moments contemplation she slipped the picture under her pillow and slid from the bed. Walking quietly out to the kitchen she watched him a moment pottering about creating a dinner for them.
"Would you like me to help?"

Gaston entered the kitchen and immediately started on the dinner, just to keep him busy and get his mind off things. Although he soon learned that it was hopeless to even try and stop thinking about the woman in the next room. He kept stealing glances towards her door wondering what she was doing, even though he was sure she was just unpacking. Gaston stared into the cupboards to see what he could make for dinner, even though it would be pretty simple as his culinary skills weren’t the best in the world, lost in a daze; his thoughts on Moko. He quickly came out of it and grabbed a few ingredients and made a start on the food, assuming Moko would be out soon and probably hungry after a day of moving and unpacking.

With a few things cooking Gaston did some of the smaller preparations for the chicken in white wine sauce with rice, when Moko came out of her room. Looking up he smiled softly after her before dropping his eyes back to what he was doing. “If you want you could help cut up these vegetables.” he said, nodding his head slightly to the side with a number of vegetables ready to be cut; peppers,mushrooms, onions etc.

She smiled pushing herself from the wall and moving closer to where he stood.
"Okay" picking up the knife she focused on the vegetables before her, surely she could do this without too much effort? With Gaston beside her she wasn't sure of course and tempted as she was to just take out her wand and do it all magically, Moko also knew that a few minutes deep in a task would help her to concentrate. At least she hoped it would but standing so close to Gaston was not conducive to this at all. One hand held the pepper in place while she slowly brought the blade down through the vegetable.

"Thin or chunky?" she asked him as if it were a matter of importance, "sliced or diced?" she asked again, this time turning to look at him as she lifted the knife and brought it down once more. As she looked at him, her eyes widened until they slowly began to fill with tears. Turning her head slowly she saw she had cut her finger, it was deep but at least she hadn't cut it off or anything.

"Ouch" she mumbled, dropping the knife and taking hold of the damaged finger, "I'm getting blood all over your counter top."
She sounded so forlorn as she said it.

Gaston smiled as Moko came over beside, Great he thought, Now it’ll be easier for me to get distracted. But he couldn’t actually care an awful lot when Moko stood beside him. Giving her a quick smile he dropped his knife and went back to the pots that were on the boil. When Moko asked what way he wanted them cut he chuckled softly, “Whichever you prefer.” he said with a small shrug of his shoulders, not actually minding what way they were done. As he stirred the ingredients into the sauce he heard Moko call out in pain. Leaving the pot he turned to Moko to see her holding a finger with a substantial amount of blood coming out of it.

Quickly grabbing the dish cloth he had on the worktop to clean up any spills if he had any. Taking the hand that Moko had hurt in his own he quickly wrapped the cloth around the finger to stop the blood. Applying some pressure on to it he looked into her eyes. “Are you alright?” He asked with concern lacing his words. “And don’t you mean our worktop?” he said with a small laugh. Gaston couldn’t take his eyes off of Moko and for the second time that day their faces were in close proximity of each other and Gaston couldn’t help but get the urge to just kiss her then and there. He knew he wanted too. Screw it. he thought to himself, it was now or never. Slowly tilting his head forward he literally went in for the plunge.

When he was only a few millimeters away he could feel his heart thumping in his chest, he was so close. Just as he was about to take the final plunge he heard a sizzling behind him, startled he turned his head to see the source of the noise. His eyes landed on one of the pots on the boil and say it boiling over on to the flame. “Damn it!” he exclaimed as he let Moko’s hands drop to her side and went over to turn off the heat. “That wasn’t meant to happen.” he muttered to himself with a small laugh as he took his wand out to clean up the mess. His heart was still racing, he was so close, he just hoped Moko didn’t notice; it clearly wasn’t meant to happen.

In a second she had no time to act for Gaston was by her side, taking her hand in his and wrapping a cloth around the finger. His eyes found hers as he queried if she was okay, all Moko could do was nod. She was much too busy staring into his eyes, drowning in the flecks of perfection that were the beautiful orbs before her. His laugh cheered her up a little, caused her to forget the pain in her finger a moment but as they looked at one another, she was sure their faces were moving closer. Was certain that they were leaning towards one another. Was he going to kiss her? Moko blinked as shocked disbelief and excitement stole over her and then as if the moment had not happened at all he was turning from her to the stove. Pots boiling over causing him to swear aloud. Her hand was dropped like a hot potato as he went about cleaning up the mess.

Moko was left standing there her heart racing like wildfire, her mouth gaping open in utter confusion. She couldn't do this! Her gaze dropped to her hand and suddenly she was turning around and heading back to her room, searching for where ever she had put her wand.
"I just had it a moment ago!" she muttered, trying to keep pressure on the cut before she lost all reason completely. It was too much, she thought she could just be his friend but she couldn't. The temptation to kiss him, hold him, love him every single day would always be there - at work and at home. How was she supposed to cope with that? Being the Triwizard champion certainly didn't prepare her for these type of things.

She knelt down and checked under her bed but there was no sign of the wand there. Furiously and with a modicum of frustration she ran her other hand through her long hair and glanced about her. Her eyes pricked with tears but she would be damned if she shed any of them. As soon as she found her wand, she'd fix her finger and move all her things out again. It was the only sane thing to do, wasn't it?

Gaston rushed to try and salvage some of his attempt at dinner. He should have just ordered in or at least went out, this was not working out well at all! As he worked on the food in front of him he didn’t even notice that Moko had left the room. Once he had everything under control he washed up whatever mess was left, something which was easily done with the use of magic. He began to wonder why he had even bothered to try and do it the muggle way, those things never really worked for him and tonight was a prime example of how it all could go wrong. When he finished cleaning up the awful mess that was called their dinner and somehow manage to save some of it he turned around to see how Moko was doing. “Th-“ he started off but stopped in the middle of his word when he saw Moko was standing there, just a few droplets of blood, which could wait as far as he was concerned.

Confused he turned around and walked in the direction of Moko’s room. “Moko?” he called out with worry in his voice, hoping she hadn’t hurt herself anymore than just her finger. Looking in through her open door he saw her kneeling down on the floor looking under the bed for something. Walking on in with his eyebrows frowned he looked at her and joined her on the floor. Sitting down beside her with his back resting on the bed. Taking her hurt hand once again he saw that the bleeding had stopped a bit but the cut was still pretty deep. “Episkey!” he said as he watched the wound heel itself, not realising he was still holding her hand. “Better?” he asked, trying to remain calm even though his heart was still racing from the near kiss only a few moments ago. “Are you alright, Moko?” he asked with concern lacing his voice as he looked into her deep brown eyes that were slightly glazed over with tears.

When she thought things could not get any better, Gaston walked in and sat down beside her leaning against her bed and healing her finger. She turned so that she sat beside him, leaving her hand in his as if it belonged there. The truth was she didn't want to take it away, she wanted to feel him just a while longer. Feel as close to him as she possibly could though it wasn't the way she would have liked.

"I will be" she told him honestly, as if it were the most natural thing in the world for her Moko allowed her head to rest on his shoulder. Taking what little comfort from him that she could in the brief time she presumed they had left.
"I can't do this Gaston. I thought I could but it's ... it's just too difficult" she sighed letting her words fill the room as she moved herself once more so that she no longer leaned against him. With her free hand she wiped a tear that had fallen, hoping she had done so before he had noticed.
"I don't think we can have a working relationship and live together as well... it's just ... it just won't work out".
She couldn't be fairer than that really, surely he would be happy that she had said it aloud. It was probably awkward as hell for him to have her living here anyhow, she had more or less invited herself to move in and not given him any chance to consider the idea properly.

"I'll stay here tonight but will move my stuff back tomorrow" slowly releasing his hand she stood up, shoving her hands into her back pockets and hanging her head a little so that her hair fell about her right shoulder almost shrouding her face from sight.

Even though she reassured him that she would be alright he couldn’t help but feel worried about her, something wasn’t right. It may have only been a school year that Gaston had Moko had spent together he had gotten to know the girl he loved well enough to know when something was wrong and he also knew how she had a lot of pride and wouldn’t want to tell him – he was just going to have to try harder and get it out of her. Feeling her head rest upon his shoulder he let his own head fall on hers softly, inhaling her sweet scent. As she spoke he felt his heart beginning to race even more than it already was. What is she saying? he thought to himself as she finished what she had to say. Had he done something wrong? It wasn’t even that long ago that everything had been working just fine. They were laughing and getting on as if nothing had really changed since they left each other a few months ago.

Of course he knew what was wrong. She had noticed his attempt to kiss her and clearly didn’t have any feelings for him anymore and at the glimpse of his feelings still being there she wanted to run a mile. He honestly couldn’t blame her for not want to stay with him, with him having feelings for her and with her not having any it would be too hard. When she said that she would stay tonight and pack in the morning he watched her stand up. He took a heavy sigh before he stood up himself, he had damage control. Walking over in front of her he raised his hand to remove the hair from her face and put it behind her ear so he could see her face. Putting his finger under her chin to raise her face up he looked into her eyes, “Please don’t leave.” he said with earnest. With his finger still under her chin he tilted her head slightly before inching his face closer he did what he had been wanting to do since he first saw her at work a few days ago. Deeping his kiss he felt his heart racing, knowing that this was going to ruin all attempts of having a working and living relationship with Moko but he knew he had already ruined that so why not do now what he had wanted to do, knowing he would regret never telling her. Pulling away from the kiss, breathlessly he whispered, “I love you!” Never taking his eyes off of her.

Her heart slammed wildly in her chest, telling her repeatedly what a collossal fool she was. She belonged here with him and she knew it but at the end of the day, he didn't! A movement caught her attention and she glanced at him convinced he would simply stand up and leave the room, his sigh nearly broke her heart and she wondered at it. But then Gaston was before her, lifting some hair back from her face. The gesture was so gentle yet her skin tingled uncontrollably from his light touch. His hand moved tilting her chin upwards to meet his gaze as he asked her not to leave. She was certain now that he could surely hear the rapid excellaration of her heart.

Before she knew what was happening, Gaston's face lowered to hers. Her eyes closed instinctively as their mouths met in a blessed reunion. Her entire being seemed to sigh into him, her arms reached up slowly to wrap around his shoulders, pulling him closer to her as the kiss deepened and she was carried off on a tidal wave of euphoria. She hated the second his lips left hers and wanted so very much to reach up to him once again but his words halted all movement.Her brown eyes looked incredulously at him. He loved her? He loved her!

Her mouth opened and closed a moment, she had not imagined this at all. Had worked through plenty of re-enacments of how they would ever say those words to one another but hearing them now from him was the most beautiful and exquisite feeling she had ever felt. Moko seriously felt invincible in that moment as if the love she was gifted with and the love she held for him were so powerful, she could actually gain strength from it. Her mouth found his again and in between a dozen butterfly kisses that barraged his lips Morrigan Craven told Gaston Dubois that she loved him too.

Gaston relished in the familiarisation of the kiss between himself and Moko. For a moment everything was the way it had been before. His hands dropped from her face and wrapped around her slender waist, holding her close, and her arms wrapped out his neck. As the kiss deepened Gaston could feel Moko kissing him back. She was kissing him back? Gaston was confused somewhat that she seemed to be returning his actions, that wasn’t what someone did if they didn’t have feelings for you.

After he had uttered those three words that had been held inside him for so long, that allowed him to feel relieved now that the person they were for now knew them, he held his breath in anticipation as to how she would take them. The few moments that were spent simply staring into her eyes all that could be heard was the sound of his own heart racing at a pace that surely would allow Moko to head it, felt like an eternity. Although in that small time he envisioned simply running a mile now, leaving everything behind and never wanting to see Gaston again; whether she would slap him for the kiss was still undecided.

What did follow those unbearable seconds was something that Gaston hadn’t imagined and probably never would have in his wildest dreams, regardless he much preferred this turnout that his own ideas. With each and every butterfly kiss, Gaston’s smile grew wider and a laugh left his lips, he could get used to this again. Only when Moko returned the three words that he had said to her did he stop to look at her, his eyes filled with love for the woman in front of him mixed with surprise, yet relief, that she felt the same way. Raising his hand once more he cupped her face and he kissed her once more. “I was sure that you would have hit me for that move.” he joked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back