Ashes Singer- Tattooed- Family

OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
(Gay and hiding a preference for blondes)
Wand
Flexible Eight inch Ash wood with unicorn hair core
Asher didn't spend nearly enough time with his little protégé, but he tried. He had the day off, so he'd sent some flowers to Archie's work before making his way to France, wanting to check in on his little Nyxy. Asher hadn't called, not one to usually think about those sorts of things. He wasn't sure where Onyx would be, the thought that he wouldn't be home not occurring to him. He apparated down the lane and walked up to Onyx's villa, admiring the view and enjoying the breeze in his hair. He sauntered up to the front door, knocking before putting his hands in his pockets.

Jamie had been working away, doing some paperwork that he always left to the last minute. Just making sure that he had everything together. he was sure as he worked he heard the sound of someone apparating outside, but ignored it until he heard a knock at the front door. Onyx was out, doing something else. He wasn't expecting anyone, so this wasn't an expected call. He approached the door and opened it, recognising who it was. "Oh hey, Asher right?" he greeted.

Asher smiled as the husband opened the door. "Hey! Jamie, right?" He double checked. "Thought I'd swing by and check on kitten, he around?" He asked, with an easy smile. "Been too long since I checked in, just wanted to hang out a bit, maybe have some drinks. You should join in, been meaning to get to know you." He offered straight off, wanting to be upfront about why he was there. Having been cheated on before, he was absolutely the type to be upfront and crystal clear with everything he did.

Jamie nodded and smiled, "Unfortunately he's out at the moment," he said, but he opened the door a little wider to invite Asher inside. "He'll be back in a couple of hours if you want to drink here and wait for him," he offered, perhaps Asher had other places to be, other people to see, but he was just going to offer. It didn't change much about this in doing so. Perhaps Asher did want to get to know him but he wouldn't force him to.

Asher smiled brightly, stepping in as Jamie let him. "Oh, for sure! I'd love to hang out," He offered, hands in his pockets. "Do you have any good wine?" He asked, wondering in and looking around at the place. He'd seen the plans when Onyx was cooing about his new house, so he had a vague idea of where he was going. "I can pop back out and go pick up a bottle if you'd rather," He offered, throwing a smile back over his shoulder at Jamie.

Jamie gave a little smile and closed the door behind the man. "Oh we have lots of wine, you can be the judge on whether it's good," he said, motioning for Asher to follow him to where they kept their wine. A large fridge where the sole purpose of it was to keep wine cool. "Do you have a preference, white, red, or rose?"

Asher laughed lightly. "I will," He teased, following after Jamie. He looked into the fridge, looking it over. "Let's get some red, why don't you grab your favorite?" He offered. Ash didn't know a whole lot about wine, so hopefully Jamie would have a better idea of what they could have. Ash usually deferred to Onyx- he knew Mr. Michaels and his partner were wine guys.

Jamie nodded, and after getting Asher into the kitchen went to the wine fridge and pulled out a good bottle. Not a fancy one, but a good one. One that he was sure asher would probably like. "This is my favourite, not fancy but still delicious wine," he said. "For drinking without food," he added as he opened the bottle with ease and poured two glasses. he took one for himself and offered the other one out to Asher. "Cheers,"

Asher took the glass with a smile. "Cheers," He countered, before moving to find a seat. "I gotta say, Jamie, I feel like I know you already," He gave the man an easy smile as he settled in. "I met Onyx before you two were officially a thing- turns out I used to live nearby his place. He's been fawning over you since the day I caught him hiding in my yard trying to learn to play the violin." He laughed lightly. "I've heard loads of things," He winked playfully.

Jamie was sure he'd in the back of his mind known how long Onyx and Asher had been friends but it was interesting to hear. He also couldn't help but find it adorable how they had met, and even made his heart ping with longing, he missed his husband, even when he was only gone for a little bit. "Have you now?" he said. "Should I ask for more information?"

Asher laughed lightly. "That depends," He smirked. "A love sick kitten is almost more unbearable than a love sick puppy." He winked playfully. "Though he did try to keep it to himself. There was just a lot of lounging around, whining and staring off at nothing, a lot of fussing and preening- especially when his hair was still short enough to show off his scar. I can't count how many time he dragged me out shopping to find the 'perfect looks' in case he was going 'out'." Asher laughed. "He certainly has a sweet little pout, don't you think? I used to see it a lot- especially when he was really starting to miss you too much. Which was usually about- a day," He laughed. "Distance has never been his thing, has it?"

Jamie listened to Asher spoke, having forgotten perhaps a little how long the pair had known each other. he smiled fondly, thinking of his husband, of those early days in his relationship, though he hadn't often noticed the scar or cared about it. Other than to reassure Onyx that ie didn't both him. Jamie nodded in fond agreement over Onyx's beautiful pout. "It's never been a thing he or I dealt well with," Jamie replied with a little chuckle. "I miss him right now,"

Asher chuckled with Jamie, sipping his wine. "I know the feeling, I've got my own little blond I miss," He admitted. "Though my work takes me away a lot- so it's a feeling we've both had to be more accustomed to," He couldn't help the shy smile as he thought of his Archie. "We've got a little one of our own now- Archie and I adopted a little girl of our own- Dasher, she's a sweetheart." He chuckled, before shifting in his seat. "Weren't you and Kitten looking to adopt?" He asked, curious how that was going.

Jamie smiled at him, he didn't know much about him, but he recognised the affection the man definitely held for his partner. He couldn't imagine being or growing used to being away from Onyx, but he knew each couple was different and if their jobs had taken them in different directions then this would just be something they dealt with. "Congratulations!" he said to him, proud that Asher could now be a parent. "We're going via surrogacy in the end," he said. "But still on the list to adopt,"

Asher smiled. "A surrogate, huh? I've heard that can be a great way to go. Let me guess, did you ask Sapphire?" He questioned, sipping his wine. "I'm sure she would say yes- he hardly notices but I swear she'd hang the moon for him if he asked her to," He chuckled, remembering how close the twins could be. Especially after Onyx's accident. He'd remembered a visit from the girl when she'd thought he and Onyx were seeing each other as more than just friends- though that had only been all too easy to settle.

Jamie nodded in response, and then laughed lightly at what he said. He knew the twins were close, and was thankful that Onyx had that closeness with Sapphire. Even if he didn't always realise how much she would do for him. "We did," Jamie replied. "But we were both nervous about it, it's not like we were asking her to look after a pet or the house," he wanted to give his husband a little credit over it. Asking her to be a surrogate was no small thing.

Asher chuckled. "I imagine. It's definitely something a bit more serious," He sipped his wine. "Have you two picked out names?" He asked. "Archie seemed to have his mind set almost as soon as the idea was brought up." He offered, smiling. Archie was just the most adorable man he'd ever met, and his heart swelled even just thinking about his Archie baby. "Also, I have a silly question for you, if you don't mind me asking," He gave Jamie a small smile.

Jamie shook his head. "I think Onyx has some ideas, and I'm not tied to anything, so I'll just go with what he wants," Jamie was more than happy to go with what Onyx wanted and was careful yo not mention anything in case Jamie didn't want him to mention it. "Oh, fire it at me," he said, welcoming the question that Asher might have.

Asher chuckled. "Well, that's fair. I think if we had another baby... I'm not sure, I like Charlotte or Aurelius," He shrugged, though he wasn't really sure on those. He sipped his wine. "I'm just curious... but what makes you like Onyx?" He wondered. "Don't get me wrong, he's a sweet kid. But as a certified mess myself, I'm intrigued when another mess manages to get a really loyal, caring partner. Hell if I know how I managed it," He chuckled.

Jamie was a little surprised by the question, and he had a fond expression as he thought of everything that he loved about him. "He's endearing, and cute, and smart, and he makes me feel special and loved. He's sweet and I think being able to help him achieve his dreams, when he smiles, I smile, when he feels sad, I want to make him feel better," Jamie said. "There's nothing about Onyx that I don't love," he knew there were things he wished were easier and that Onyx didn't allow himself to get overwhelmed in things, but he knew he could just be there to help him.

Asher blinked. Well, it was obvious that Onyx wasn't the only one that was absolutely smitten. "Well, I can't think of anyone better to look after the little kitten," He teased gently. "You two do seem made for each other." Ash sipped on his wine. "I'm glad- he's a good kid, it's good he has you." Ash leaned forward then, an idea occuring to him. "You know, that's actually perfect, you're just as sappy as he is- what do you know about love songs?" He asked.

Jamie was glad for the assessment from Asher, even if it was necessary. it was always good when his husband's friends thought they were good together. "I'm lucky to have him," he replied with a warm tone, before shrugging. "That they exist, and they're lovely, especially when Onyx plays them or sings them," he replied smiling easily. "Why?" he knew Asher was a musician, did he have suggestions for love songs?

Asher rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, it was definitely something I'd been hoping to bug him about, actually," He gave an almost shy smile. "I'm trying to write some but- I don't know, it's hard to make anything that doesn't sound too sappy," He sipped his wine.

Jamie knew he'd be of no help to Asher with this, partly because he didn't know much about lyric writing and he was himself, painfully sappy. He loved being sappy, sappy thing, just it was something that he wasn't good at not being. "Is there something wrong with being sappy?" he asked with a little smile. "I'd love a sappy song,"

Asher chuckled, a bit shyly. "I'm not sure, honestly. I'm trying to write it for my sunshine but I just- want it to be good," He admitted, rubbing the back of his neck. "And Onyx is the sappiest guy I know," He chuckled. He looked to Jamie. "Sorry if this is a little personal, but has he written you any songs?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back