If Friends Are Treasures, Are You A Ruby?

Vanessa Parker

((Sorry for the lame title, I couldn't really think of anything and I don't always post this much, I just came up with a lot at one time, so don't feel like you have to post a ton of words.))

Vanessa was walking by the lakefront with her pink digital camera in her hand. It was a nice day to be outside. There was a slight breeze and the sun was shining. It was nice and warm out. She let out a happy sigh. She could hear birds chirping happily.

She found a spot on the grass where there were a few flowers. She lay there in the grass next to the flowers, looking up at the sky with a smile. The clouds were white and fluffy. Vanessa enjoyed nature so much. She loved looking at everything in it. Sometimes some of the greatest things were in nature. She took a few pictures of the sky and clouds.

She sat up, still smiling. A butterfly had landed on one of the flowers. She slowly lifted her camera up to take a picture of the graceful insect. It was a Monarch Butterfly. She took a picture of it. The butterfly flew away right after. She got a few pictures of it flying, too. She took a few pictures of the lake, too. It sparkled and looked very beautiful.

Vanessa smiled. They were pretty good pictures. She would send them to her family back in the U.S.A. She lay down in the grass again when she noticed a girl who looked a bit younger than her standing nearby. She stood up and walked over to the girl with a smile on her face.

"Hi," she said. "I'm Vanessa."

"Hello, your taking pictures?Why?"Angelica said in a curious voice. "I'm Angelica,by the way. How old are you?I think you're in your fourth-year?". "Ooh,what house are you in? Then she stopped talking. "Sorry, you'd think I'm so talkative. I just got curious." she said smiled shyly.

"It's fine, Angelica," Vanessa said, still with a smile on her face. "I swear, people think curiosity is horrible. It is if you have too much, but a bit of curiosity is the right amount. I'm taking pictures because I just love nature. And I'm from the U.S.A., so my parents can't come here to New Zealand because they're surgeons and they have to save lives. But they like to know what it's like here. I'm currently 14 and a Hufflepuff 3rd year. What about you? Oh, and I can be talkative when I need to."

She winked at the younger girl. She hoped that she wouldn't be like a mentor or anything. She liked to help people, but she was a bit nervous about being a role model.

Izzy walked up towards the 2 girls that she saw infront of her smiling with her i pod in her hand from when she had been dancing earlier that day.`um hi..`she said nevously as she neered the two of them`im izzy`she grinned nervously`i guess you two like nature as much as i do then` she said as she had heard the end of there convosation.`im in hufflepuff, a second year.`she added.

((sorry wrong character and speach marks dont work))

"Hi Izzy! It sounds unique and fun." Angelica smiling. She whenwas kinda disappionted when she learned that Vanessa's not a Gryffindor. "What house are you in?" she asked.

`At least there is someone else who has the saame sort of interests as me.`she exclaimed.`im so great thanks and so glad i met you`she said sounding overly friendly.`im in Hufflepuff what about you?`she said giggling.

Vanessa continued to smile.

"Glad to hear that," she said. "I thought I saw you in the common room a few times. Do any of you guys want to look at the pictures I took? I got some butterflies, flowers, basically everything you can find out here. It's very beautiful in New Zealand, although you can find beauty in nature almost everywhere. It's sad that some people just don't have the time to notice it."

"Can I look at the butterflies?I'm loving them now." she said. "You know what before, the only thing I knew about New Zealand was cows. I didn't know it is so wonderfully gorgeous here." she said.

((Sorry for the delay, I saw it, then had to go, then forgot about this topic. Incredibly sorry. Maybe we should start a new topic soon because this has been here for a while, just a suggestion.))

Vanessa nodded at Angelica. She pressed a few buttons on the camera and showed both of the girls the pictures she had taken. These included pictures of butterflies, plants, and almost everything that was beautiful in nature, which was a lot, almost everything.

"I didn't really know anything about New Zealand before I came here," she said. "It's really a great place."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back