I Was Enchanted to Meet You

Daniel Aragorn

OOC First Name
Pat
Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
15 1/2" Sycamore Wand with an Essence of Banshee Hair
Brightstone had taken its sweet timing coming this time round. Sure most took their time coming when he wanted them to hurry up so he could see Lola but this one was so much different and a lot more nerve wrecking for Daniel. It seemed like forever ago that Daniel had sent off Lola those brownies with a very important question in them. He had to force himself from writing to Lola between then and now to see if she had figured it out, he didn’t even send her her birthday present – which he had with him today in his jacket pocket. For a while now Daniel and Lola had a long standing arrangement when it came to Brightstone weekends, same place and same time and if there was ever any changes they would let each other know so here he stood. He had arrived a few minutes early today but the place was the same and he leaned against the wall behind him trying to keep his thoughts away from Lola. What would her answer be? What if it wasn’t what he wanted to hear? What if she didn’t come? He was starting to think of the worst case scenarios and it was something that he didn’t want to think about. For a few weeks now it had all been a waiting came for Daniel and it was about to come to an end and he was now more nervous than he had been yet.

Lola was an absolute nervous wreck as she flitted about her room trying to find her shoes. Of all times for her to be running late this was not it at all. The brunette finally managed to track down her missing ballet flat and then gave herself one last look in the mirror, tucking a stray piece of hair behind her ear. Her belly sure was doing a number on her during the walk from the castle to the village. It had nearly killed her to not write to Daniel since he'd sent her the brownies, but she'd wanted to wait until today to give him her answer. They'd always met at the same spot and she couldn't have imagined a better place to give him her response to his puzzle. Once she hit the edge of Brightstone, the Ravenclaw began wringing her hands in anticipation. As she got nearer their spot she saw him and her heart began to race fiercely. He seemed to be concentrating hard on something which eased her somewhat as it seemed he was just as nervous as she was. Lola walked right up to him, her face pinking up as she went to stand right in front of him. Taking a deep breath she grabbed his hands in hers, with her dark brown eyes meeting his. Standing on tipped toes she leaned up and whispered in his ear, "Y. E. S." With his hands still in hers she looked back up at him, biting her lower lip, trying to get a read on exactly what he thought.

Daniel, no matter how hard he tried, couldn’t shake these nerves that he had. He had never been so nervous in his life and for once he started to question his actions. He had no experience in this sort of thing and while Lola had kissed him and visa versa he really didn’t know if it was the right thing to ask Lola to be his girlfriend. He wanted it, more than anything, but was it something Lola wanted? He didn’t know the answer to that and that ate him up inside because he really didn’t like not knowing the answer to something. Although he knew that soon enough he would know the answer to his question and that’s what was making him nervous. Of course there was the possibility that Lola would say yes but there was also a possibility that she would say no and that’s what worried him so much. Taking note of the time he realised that it was the time that the two had always met up at and Lola was nowhere to be seen. It wasn’t really like her to be late either so of course Daniel thought the worst from the off. Of course it meant that he answer was no and she couldn’t tell him face-to-face, or letter apparently. Lowering his head he let out a heavy sigh, they blew the best thing he had in his life.

As he was about to look up and walk off he felt someone take his hands and it was the soft touch that he knew quite well by now after holding the very same hands most of the holidays. Looking into her eyes he leaned forward just a bit as she whispered something into his ear. With each letter Daniels smile grew wider and wider until he couldn’t possibly stretch it anymore. Leaning back a bit he looked down at Lola, his face bright with happiness also laced with some initial shock that she accepted his offer. Breaking his smile with a small laugh he wrapped his arms around Lola and easily lifted her up, spinning her slightly as his lips found hers. “Thank you, thank you, thank you.” he said, giving her small butterfly kisses between each ‘thank you’. “For a moment there I thought you were going to stand me up.” he admitted as he set her down on her own two feet again, his eyes never leaving her face.

Her pearly whites shown brightly as she beamed from ear to ear. Lola squealed as Daniel spun her around lightly. The Ravenclaw kissed him back with more fervor than she ever had before. When he sat her back down she heard his words and chuckled. "Yeah, about that...I couldn't find my shoe. Little bugger must have thought that today would be a fun day to go missing on me," she said holding her foot up slightly, wriggling her toes.

The seventeen year old looked up at her boyfriend and felt as if her heart might lunge right out of her chest. Boyfriend! She liked the way that word sounded in her head and the without thinking she said it out loud with a dreamy look in her brown eyes. "Boyfriend." Lola still couldn't believe it. If someone would have told her eleven year old self that this day was in her future she would have merely laughed in their face. "So it was killing me not to be able to just write and give you my answer, but I have to say that this was definitely worth the wait," the brunette said with a soft smile. Once again she gently pressed her lips to his. She was still new to the whole kissing thing, but it was definitely something she was getting used to.

Daniel wondered why he had never tried this kissing thing before now because the more he did it the more he enjoyed it, although he had a strong suspicion that it had to do with who he was kissing. Ever since the first time it had only gotten better, every time felt like sparks of electricity and he just kept wanting to go back for more. He listened to her explain why she would late and couldn’t but laugh at it. It was silly things like that that attracted Daniel to Lola, it was adorable really – but even in his head that sounded too corny and he felt that they didn’t need that sort of relationship as they worked just well together when they were friends and that didn’t have to change now that they were dating.

There was a small moment of silence and Daniel enjoyed it as he looked into Lola’s eyes. He couldn’t believe how lucky he was to have someone as beautiful as Lola as his girlfriend. The thought of ever having a girlfriend was not something that Daniel thought about too much, not that the idea didn’t appeal to him he just never thought he would find anyone – especially not someone like Lola. He beamed broadly when she called him ‘boyfriend.’ He knew that was how it worked but it was so different actually hearing it. “Girlfriend.” he said, the word rolling easily off of his tongue, it was so easy to say it had to be right, it sounded right too. Laughing slightly at a thought that came to his head he explained, “Wait until mum hears this. She’ll probably faint then make you a life supply of brownies.” he said, shaking his head lightly.

Lola's head was definitely floating in the clouds. The Ravenclaw had never been one to be easily distracted by things such as the opposite sex and she for one had never openly sought out attention from them, but with Daniel things were just different. They had been friends first, which Lola thought made all the difference in the world when it came to their relationship. Kat and Serena would have an absolute fit when they heard about all of this, especially after her eldest cousin had called Daniel a 'Solid 10' when she'd met him over the holidays and from the first time that Serena had met the boy she'd told Lola that he was more than likely 'Something special'. He's something special alright...he's my something special she thought, chuckling lightly at just how cheesy it sounded.

The seventeen year old closed her eyes and concentrated on trying not to squeal loudly as he uttered the word 'Girlfriend'. She beamed from ear to ear, and feared her face might permanently stick that way if she kept it up, but at this point she honestly didn't care. Lola Mason was the happiest girl in the world right now and she didn't care who knew it. One word did break through her giddy streak though. "Brownies? You know I am absolutely mad over your mother's brownies," she said as she quirked her eyebrow. "So...did you have anything particular planned for today or just the usual. Sadly in the midst of trying to find my shoe I left my guitar back up at the castle," she said slightly shrugging her shoulders, wondering what the day held for them, hoping that a little more kissing and hand holding were on the agenda.

Daniel couldn’t help but laugh softly when Lola reinstated her love for his mothers brownies. Daniel got a little nervous at the thought of telling his mother about Lola, not because he was afraid his mother wouldn’t like her – far from it, in fact he was pretty sure his mother loved Lola already just going off what Daniel had told her – but he figured it was just something that all boys got nervous about. To add on to the difficulty for Daniel, he had never brought anyone home to his house, friends – male or female, so he didn’t know what it was like. Although for now he wasn’t going to focus on that because for now it was just him and Lola and that’s all he cared about. This was their first day as a couple and when Lola asked what he had planned he thought for a moment. He really hadn’t thought past just meeting up with Lola and finding out the answer to his question but he came up with something.

“What about a date? Our first proper date..as boyfriend and girlfriend.” he said, smiling softly. That was what couples did and they were a couple now. It was still hard for Daniel to believe that he was one half of a couple now. It definitely was something that he had never thought would happen him but of course he loved it all. “Would Madame Puddifoots be too cliché?” he asked with a small smirk as he knew it was the place for couples to go too and he’d never been so it was worth a shot.

Lola's ears perked when he said the word date. Never in a million years did she think she'd be going on a date with anyone...much less someone who she referred to as her boyfriend. The seventeen year old's world had changed considerably, for the better, since she'd met Daniel. Smiling softly she said, "I think that sounds like a good idea. I've never been personally, but my cousins have both been and seem to have a liking for it." Lola Mason. Sixth year Ravenclaw, famous for being the world's biggest introvert and possibly the shyest person on the face of the planet, was going on a date. The brunette chuckled a little at how odd it all seemed...odd, but perfect. She definitely didn't want this day to end, but when the realization hit her that in a few hours it would have to end, her brow furrowed slightly and her mouth pressed into a thin line. Slipping her hand into his once more her expression softened considerably. Sighing lightly she said, "Alright then...lead the way!" Lola had made up her mind that she was simply going to enjoy the rest of the day with Daniel and not think about the goodbyes that they would have to say to each other later on...for now she would just focus on how truly lucky she was to get to spend any amount of time with him.

Daniel was glad that Lola had accepted his request of a date, although he would be highly worried if she had said no – that wouldn’t have been the best start to their relationship. Although he shook his head at the idea, it was a very silly one and something he knew that would never happen. When Lola said how her cousins approved of the place he felt more relaxed about it, knowing that not complete strangers liked it. He knew the basics about it at least. That it was ‘the’ place for couples to go for dates et cetera. Then from passing it from time to time he knew that it was very intimate, with booths and different aspects of a perfect romantic setting. It was a place that Daniel never would have imagined going before, but then again he never imagined to have a girlfriend either so things changed, and he knew that now. Squeezing Lola’s hand softly he nodded his head when she said to lead the way. He was trying not to worry too much about Lola’s slight change in demeanour, it was small but he saw something, a frown, he hoped that he hadn’t done something wrong because that was the last thing he wanted to do to Lola.

Walking in the direction he enjoyed the feeling he got, hand in hand with his girlfriend, it felt so right and just amazing. Opening the door into the small cafe he let Lola enter first and made his way to a corner booth. It was much different on the inside that it was on the outside, but it was what he imagined – comfy and very romantic. “So what do you want to order?” he asked. As he sat down he felt something in his pocket that he had almost forgotten about. “Oh and before I forget.” he said, pulling out the flat rectangle shaped gift. “It’s a bit late but, happy birthday.” he said handing her over her present. “It’s for you to write all your songs in for when you’re a famous musican.” he said with a smile.

The inside of the small cafe was cozy and definitely romantic. She could see why both of her cousins had enjoyed spending time here with their boyfriends when they had been in school. When asked what she wanted to order Lola thought a moment and said, "Well I've heard they have really great iced tea. I think maybe I'll have that. How about you? What are you going to have?"

The brunette cocked her head to the side and took the gift from him. She'd nearly forgotten that her birthday had just passed. She was now seventeen and in the eyes of the wizarding world an adult. Grinning brightly as she heard his words she opened the small journal and ran her hand over the blank pages. Most Ravenclaw's would frown upon a book with no words, but the brunette cherished it because it meant that she would fill those pages with her own words. "I don't know about the famous part, but it's perfect. Thank you so much," she said with a soft smile.

Daniel knew why this place was made for couples and why no self respecting male would go in here on their own unless they were with their girlfriend or trying to impress a girl. Although Daniel didn’t exactly mind it but he knew that being with Lola had a huge part to play in that. Everywhere just seemed better with her. He must have walked around the village about a billion times since he moved here, sat under the same tree in the park anytime he wanted but since the day he had met Lola it just seemed different, like it was all new to him again and exciting – she just had that effect on him. Even here in Madame Puddifoots, it didn’t seem all that bad because his eyes were focused on Lola and only Lola so he didn’t really take in the cheesiness that enveloped the place.

Taking a seat he had a quick glance at the menu and when Lola said she was going to have an iced tea he thought about it for a moment and nodded his head, “Sounds good to me.” he said with a smile. “Anything else?” he asked. When Lola had made her decision he had asked one of the servers to bring them their order. “I’m glad you like it.” he said with Lola said she had liked her present. He wasn’t all that good at getting people presents but getting something for Lola was an easy choice, although he hoped that after one birthday and one Christmas he hadn’t run out of ideas because he’d like to think that he would be getting her presents for a few more of them. “And trust me, the famous part will come. It’d be a shame to let your talent go to a waste.” he told her. He loved everything that she had done so far so who wouldn’t? It wasn’t long before their order came and Daniel thanked the woman. “Want to make a toast?” he asked with a small laugh when he picked up his iced tea.

Lola simply shook her head when he asked her if she wanted anything else. Grinning at Daniel she said, "Well as long as you'll always like what I play then that's enough to keep me happy." And it was true, as long as those she cared about enjoyed listening to her songs then that was more than enough to keep her happy. Though if the world would happen to love to hear them I wouldn't complain about that either she thought with a smile. It seemed that the seventeen year old was all smiles today and with good reason. Lola was honestly the happiest that she'd been since she started school six years ago. When Daniel suggested a toast she chuckled lightly as she picked up her glass and said, "Hmm, what are we toasting to?"

Daniel chuckled softly when Lola said that she’d be happy as long as he continued to like her songs. There was definitely no chance of him ever not liking a song that she would write or sing. It was only of the many things that Daniel admired about Lola, she had such an amazing talent and she probably didn’t even notice what she had. Daniel knew pretty much nothing about the music industry but he knew that as long people had the talent they could make and Lola was a double threat as she could play her own music and sing. Not only that but she could write her own music and lyrics as well, not many musicians these days could say that they could do that which was why Daniel was so sure that Lola could make it, if that’s what she wanted to do that was. Daniel wasn’t going to be one of those pushy boyfriends that made his girlfriend do something if she didn’t want to do it.

At that thought Daniel realised that they had never really discussed what either wanted to do what they graduated – or whatever the equivalent of graduation was for people that were home – schooled. “So what do you want to do after Graduation? It’s so hard to believe that seven years of hard work will be over within a year.” he said, it also dawned on him just how long he and Lola had known each other. When Lola asked what they should toast to Daniel thought for a moment. There was so much that he was thankfully for and the biggest part of it was here with him now and was made only more extra special today. “Mmm. Brownies with pink frosting.” he said with a laugh.

Lola giggled slightly when her boyfriend toasted to brownies with pink frosting. "I'll definitely toast to that. I've always loved your mum's brownies, but I think I now have a special place in my heart for pink frosting," she said with a wink and she grabbed his hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. He'd definitely done a very good job with that whole maneuver there. Daniel's next question though immediately sent the Ravenclaw into critical thinking mode. What did she want to do? She thought she had an idea, but she wasn't sure if it was completely silly or not.

Might as well tell him the truth, he of all people won't laugh at you
she thought as she bit her lip slightly. "Well, Kat has a friend that lives here in New Zealand and she has a regular gig on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights at a local club. She's a singer and songwriter too. Umm, well, you see Kat said she'd talk to her, Marleigh I think is her name, and she said she'd see what kind of strings this girl could pull to try and get me an opening set on the nights she performs," Lola said, wondering what her boyfriend would have to say about all of this. She of course was more than excited for people to be able to hear her music, but there was one little problem with the whole scenario. "Only thing is...I think I have horrible stage fright. I've only ever played in front of a very small handful of people and well...I'm petrified of what everyone else will think." The seventeen year old's mouth pressed into a thin line...she had never given much thought to what life outside of Hogwarts held for her, but now that they were sitting here talking about it she was scared that she was going to crash and burn. Shaking her head and the thoughts from her head she patted Daniel's hand and asked, "What about you? What do you think you'd like to do?"

Daniel appreciated Lola laughing along with his suggestion of a toast, it was really a lame joke but it did have a special meaning of sorts to the both of them – it was corny in a way but it worked for both of them, or so Daniel thought. Daniel returned the squeeze as Lola grabbed his hand; he looked down at the two hands as they intertwined for a moment before looking back up at his girlfriend. “I’m glad.” he said with a beaming smile. He had never really been good with words before so he knew that if he were to have asked Lola to be his girlfriend they still would have been waiting for him to get his words out. Although writing was a better talent of his so he had used that to his advantage and it obviously worked well for him. Well to be fair, he didn’t write much but he found it easier to get words out via written word more than spoken word which was why he probably enjoyed writing letters to Lola and getting to know her before meeting face to face again for if he hadn’t known her all that well, well he would have been extremely quiet during their meetings.

Daniel listened to Lola as she answered his question. His eyes opened a bit wider and his mouth formed a small ‘o’ shape as she talked. Marleigh! The same sort of rang a bell, he wasn’t sure how though. Maybe he had gone out with his parents to the place that she performed because it was such an unusual name, not many could have it. For now he put that out of his mind. “Lola, that’s amazing news! Why didn’t you tell me sooner?” he said in surprise. Of course he wouldn’t hold anything against her for not telling him, it was up to her when and if she told anyone but this was big news. “You’re an amazing performer so don’t worry. I’ll try to help anyway I can.” he told her, his thumb rubbing her hand softly. When she returned his question he thought for a moment. “I have any number of ideas, some are safe like the Ministry, some were outrageous like Pro Quidditch.” she said with a small chuckle. That would be his dream job but he knew it might not happen so he didn’t dwell on it too much. “But my real passion is writing. And not like writing for the Prophet because I don’t care for a lot of what they write but stories, novels and such.” he said, breaking his eye contact with Lola for a moment. He never even told his parents about the books he had hidden away with story ideas and a few short stories that he’d always been too embarrassed to show or tell people about. But Lola was able to get over her shyness and perform in front of him so it was only right that he opened more for her – she is his girlfriend after all.

The brunette shrugged slightly and said, "I dunno, probably because I'm still deciding if I even want to do it...you know, put myself out there like that. Marleigh's good, I mean like really really good...like she should be famous good. I just don't know if I'm at that point yet or if I'll ever even be to that point. Plus, I figure I have a year to make any kind of decision like that so right now I'm not going to let myself get all flustered over it." Lola was supposed to get to go see Marleigh play over the break when Kat came home so hopefully being able to get to talk to the girl and see what exactly she did would help the Ravenclaw make up her mind as to whether or not that was what she wanted to do.

The seventeen year old smiled as Daniel told her his ideas for what it was he thought he might like to do after graduation. "Pro quidditch, eh? I'm sure Kat and Rena would just absolutely love it if I were dating a quidditch player," she joked before adding, "You write? I didn't know that." Lola was rather impressed. She wondered why he had never told her, but then again she wondered why she'd never thought to ask him. "So, do you have anything that you've written? Any chance you'll be letting me read any of it?" An excited grin broke out across her lips and her brown eyes practically glittered with anticipation. She hoped he would let her read something that he'd written.

Daniel listened to why Lola hadn’t mentioned anything about her possible gig yet. He understood that it would be a big step for her to take, especially since she hadn’t played in front of many people before. Although Daniel knew that she was brilliant, definitely one of the best he had ever heard, and even though he wasn’t any good at music so he knew his opinion probably wouldn’t matter any he definitely knew good music when he heard it and he heard it the second he heard Lola play for the first time. He nodded his head when she said that there was no point getting flustered about it just yet. Last year of school was the hardest; with NEWTs and everything there was enough on any students’ plates without having to worry about getting a job too, but unfortunately it was something they all had to worry about. “Well you are that good, trust me. But you’re right, no need to worry about it yet but know I’m going to be here for you when you’re ready to go for it. I’ll be front row at every gig.” he told her, smiling brightly as he squeezed her hand softly.

Daniel knew that his ideas were not as good as Lola because she had the talent to do what she wanted to do but Daniel didn’t know if he was anywhere near that good in any of his career ideas. He would love to be a proper writer because, even though it was a safe job, he didn’t want to be stuck as a pencil pusher at the Ministry or anything; and really – Quidditch wasn’t even an actual option for him. He laughed at Lola mentioning how her cousins would love if she were dating a Quidditch Player, sure it was a lot of girls dreams but he wasn’t fond of the idea of not being able to see her all the time because Quidditch players were away too much. He shrugged slightly when Lola said she didn’t know that he wrote, “No one does. You’re the first I told.” he told her. When she asked if he had anything he shook his head, “It’s under lock and key in the deepest darkest cave on this earth...well not really but it’s hid away in my room, no-one’s ever seen it.” he told her. “But maybe I’ll change that for you.” he added, it was about time he stopped hiding it. Anyway, it was better to find out from someone he cared about that from stranger when he did take the plunge.

Hearing Daniel say that he was going to be there for her made Lola's heart pitter patter against her chest. To her it meant that he intended to be with her for a while and that in itself made her want to squeal, though she contained herself. The brunette had seen her cousin go in and out of relationships, causing quite a bit of commotion and heartache along the way, but the Ravenclaw knew that this wasn't going to be the case with her because in her eyes Daniel wasn't one of those guys like the ones that Kat had dated. He was sweet and caring and supportive.

She grinned when he told her that she was the first person he'd ever told about his writing, but frowned slightly when he said it was hidden under lock and key. Lola remembered a time when her music had pretty much been the same way. "I'd love to read it when you're ready to show it to me," the brown eyed girl said sincerely. She was ecstatic that he was willing to share that with her.

The rest of the afternoon had flown by entirely too fast and before she knew it the time had come to head back up to the castle. Lola actually felt as if she were on the verge of tears because she knew it would be a while before she got to see Daniel again and while they had letters she missed him a lot when she was at school. He had walked her back to the edge of the school grounds, stopping at the gates. Sighing heavily she wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly. She wanted to hold onto him for as long as she possibly could because it would be a while before she'd get to do it again. "I don't want to go back. Maybe they won't even notice if I don't return," she said only half-jokingly.

Sorry it took me so long to reply :/ Figured I'd get this one moving along so we could finish it up properly.

The day had turned out even more than Daniel had expected it too and while he knew it had to come to an end eventually, he didn’t want it too. He cursed his damn shyness and not wanting to attend an actual school because if he had been able to get over that before now he would be able to return to the school with Lola and not have to rely on owl post and the holidays and breaks to see her again. For now, he didn’t focus on that and just enjoyed the time he had to spend with her. He knew he was lucky to have her and while he wouldn’t see her as much as he would have liked her knew that the small time that they did have to spend together was made even more better due to the lack of time the spent together. The term, absence makes the heart grow fonder came to mind and now, he knew just how true it was. When it came time for Lola to go back to the school he walked as far with her as he could. Standing outside the gates to the school he wrapped his arms around her wasted and soaked in her eyes, wanting to take in everything as he wouldn’t see them like this for a while again. Chuckling softly he shook his head, “I truly think they’d miss you. I’m going to miss you too, sweetie but I’ll see you again soon and we’ll write.” he promised her. “Goodnight.” he said before giving her a small but lasting kiss before he turned to walk off, he keeping looking back over his shoulder every few seconds until he couldn’t see Lola again. While he was sad about not seeing her again for a while he couldn’t help but be on a high – he was the luckiest guy in the World right now.
Fin! ♥​
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back