Home for Christmas

Larissa didn't enjoy take off; several people had screamed and Larissa had squeezed Robert's arm in fear.
Now that they were cruising thousands and thousands of miles in the air Larissa watched clouds passing outside her window.
She heard Robert as if from far away.
"Hmm?" She said, turning to see the woman with the trolley. "I'm not having anything unless they've got chocolate frogs." Larissa looked over hopefully but all she saw was a full wrapper that read 'Freddo's Chocolate Frog'.
"Hmm," Larissa said, leaning over and pointing to it, what's that like?"
The woman gave her a strange look, "It's chocolate." She said grumpily.
Larissa smiled, "I'll have one of those then, please."
The woman passed the chocolate in it's wrapper to Larissa who smiled and handed the woman a galleon.
The air hostess stared at it for a moment, "Sorry, we only accept Euros."
Larissa looked confused and the woman handed back her money.
"They're only cheap," She said, showing some sympathy for the puzzled looking Larissa, "You can have that one free."
Larissa smiled and the woman mirrored it before pushing the trolly a little further and taking more orders.
Larissa unwrapped the chocolate excitedly.
When she'd opened it, the frog lay there, cartoon like and almost flat.
"Why isn't it moving?" She asked Robert, "Maybe the spells faded.."

Robert couldn't help laughing at Larissa all through the part where she tried to buy her "chocolate frog" and then ate it. "I'm sorry i should've warned you." he said, handing her a small heavy bag. He traded a few galleons into muggle money for her. "That's $50 alright. 100 pence in one euro." he said, wondering how much she would know about it.
He looked at the chocolate frog and answered, "If they moved, don't you think muggles would be a little, creeped out?" he laughed again. "They don't move honey." he said disappointedly. He would show his family few things when he got home, although there were a few things stopping him such as being underage, and his family might have some sort of panic attack or fit if they saw birds emerging out of his wand, not to mention the mess they'd make.

Larissa sighed and bit the frogs head off viciously.
She didn't understand any muggle money. She'd been raised to know how many Bronze Knuts to a Silver Sickle and how many Silver Sickles to the Galleon.
"If we ever get married," Larissa said, gulping down her mouthful of chocolate, "And we live in a muggle society, I'll let you handle the financial side." She grinned at him cheekily.
She would never live somewhere it was only muggles- she had plans.

The plane had been flying for 14 hours and Larissa had fallen asleep. Her head rested on Robert's shoulder, a thin red free blanket she'd been given lay across the front of her body.
Her hair was smooth and straight most of the journey when she was sleeping but at one point it perked up as though she was trying to use her charm on someone.
There was half an hour until landing and the window shutters were all opened, the lights dipped so there was only a small glow.
Larissa stirred and suddenly her eyes flashed open.
She was worried she'd gone deaf but it was merely the drop in pressure as the plane sped towards its landing point.

Robert grinned. He wouldn't particularly mind handling the financis, maybe she was right about him knowing more about it, although he wasn't too good at maths. "Oh thank you"

Robert had tried to fall asleep but couldn't. He turned his head keeping his body still and watched Laris sleep for a while. Robert wondered if he should look away as her eyes suddenly opened. "Welcome back" he teased. "Swallow" he said simply smiling. Robert was now able to lift his body back up in the chair and did so, "We're nearly there by the way. Are you cold?" he asked.

Larissa shook slightly, she'd taken her jacket off. "A bit." She said pulling it back on.
There was ding dong sound and a woman's voice asked them all to put their seat belts on because they were landing soon.
Larissa swallowed and immediately her ears became normal though a bit sore.

Larissa gripped Robert's hand as they sped towards the runway. A large bump and the fact that the plane told Larissa two things;
They had arrived and the pilot was terrible at landing.

Some time later, Larissa and Robert were checking out of the airport and walking towards the main road.
"How are we getting to your house? By a muggle box?" This was her nickname for cars. She found it hilarious that muggles would squash themselves into metal boxes.

(lol!)

Robert heard the announcement they were landing, and put his seat belt back on. He was very glad to be getting off now.
They found themselves outside the airport (this could be fun hehe) and Robert was searching around, "We take a bus. It stops just the other side of the road from were i live." he answered. He found the bus stop easily enough, and paid for two tickets for him and Laris to avoid more confusion. "This may sound strange but i am exhausted" he said to her, even though he hadn't done much. "When we get home, there will probably be dinner waiting for us" he smiled, his stomach rumbling now.

(im on ut with a flo friend. claire is joining us. want to too?)

Larissa grinned.
The bus journey was quick and quiet.
The roar of the plane's engines had temorarily made Larissa feel like she had fish bowls glued to her ears.
The bus stopped by the side of one road. It was quite dark.
Larissa followed Robert off the bus and once it had gone, stared across at the house opposite.
"Is that it?" She asked. She thought it looked like a lovely house.

((Ok and do you want 'S.O' but bring lappy- or use mine might be easier and we can RP through the night :p I'm not planning on sleeping and company is always nice.))

(lol fish bowls. erm, not sure, im SOing at chloes next week. but i will all nighta too if u lyk lol :) )

Robert saw his house across the road and nodded. It was exactly as he remembered. He took a deep breath and offered his arm to Larissa. "Shall we? Are you ready to, as they say, meet the parents?" he laughed and crossed the road, heading for his house.

(lol the score: 20:0 ) omg beth! talk about minimalist!

Robert knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer. Sure enough the door opened and a small girl greeted them. She ran outside and Robert hugged her. "Hi Kate. This is Larissa. Larissa, Kate" he introduced them, before taking Kate's hand in his free and leading them back through the front door. Kate let go a ran off, and Robert shut the door. "I'm home!" he called out before smiling at Larissa. From what seemed like no were a tall blond boy came out of the room, and passed them without saying anything. "Hey Alex" he said, used to his behavior "This is Larissa" he said, his arm still round her. He hoped she would forgive his brothers poor social skills as he just nodded and walked of. Robert turned to Larissa, "By the way, the way you can tell Kate and Sophie apart is Sophie has really really dark brown eyebrows" he smiled. It was true, they both were the same except for the colour of their eyebrows.

(omg it took FIVE bullets to ur head before it killed you!)

Larissa laughed slightly. She never paid much attention to eyebrows..
"So," She said, "Where are you hiding your parents?" Larissa peered round the corner as though they'd be hiding there.

(gimme 2 mins!)

Robert looked in the kitchen and found his mum serving dinner. "Hey mum, this is Larissa" he said, pulling her into the room. His mum came over and hugged her, much to Roberts embarrassment and irritation. Robert stood and watch as his mum started waffling to Laris about houses, and he let go of her hand and went to see what was for tea. After a moment, he saved Laris by calling out. "Pizza!" and grinning.

Larissa felt Robert pull her this way and that until she found herself being cuddled by a lovely round lady who, Larissa hoped very much, was Mrs. Kain.
Suddenly, Larissa was being talked at about houses.
"Er.. yeah." Larissa said, not sure what to say.
When she heard Robert, she smiled and ran to where he was.
She tucked into the delicious pizza.
"Erm.. Robert, do they.. Do they know what I am?" She asked quietly as Kate entered the kitchen, smiled at Larissa and took a huge piece of pizza.

Robert ate some pizza himself and smiled at Larissa. "Yeah, i told them in the letter. Only Jack doesn't understand" he laughed. "Got idea, come with me ill show you around and rest of family" he said, licking his fingers.
He walked into the lounge to find Emily and his dad watching TV. He guessed they'd already eaten. In the corner of the room were Robert and Larissa's luggage, and Robert nudged her to show her. Emily waved at them, before getting up. "Hi Larissa. I heard you're staying in my room" she smiled.
"Em, later" said Robert, knowing what would happen if they didn't get out fast. He took Laris upstairs were they found Sophie and Kate, who had brought her sister some pizza, and who were guilty trying to feed it to their barbies. Robert hugged Sophie, trying not to get covered in crumbs. "Yeah this is the twins room," he said briefly looking around.
"How about mine?" he laughed and walked next door. His room was pale blue, with a white wardrobe standing next to a white chest of draws. It was opposite a red bed.
"Yeah, the bathrooms the next to the left, then Emily's rooms opposite that, then mum and dads is opposite Alex's" he explained, hoping he wasn't going too fast.
It was starting to get late and Robert made his way back downstairs, "Want a drink?" he asked opening the fridge.

Larissa smiled. "Oh, good, saves me the trouble."
She followed Robert into the lounge. She noticed two people watching the television.
Emily started to walk over, "Hi," Larissa managed to say before Robert dragged her out and upstairs.
Larissa saw both twins together. They were so alike but their eyebrows were so different.
"Hi," Larissa said to the twins. Larissa turned to Robert, "What about your room?"
And he showed her his room.
It looked very peculiar. Larissa hadn't seen a muggle house since she was little.
Larissa tried her best to take in everything Robert said.
"Right," Larissa said, mentally taking notes. "Yes, I'd love a drink." She smiled.
She felt sick and dizzy. She had jet lag.
"Have you got any soda?" She asked. She was used to colour changing and flavour changing soda, she didn't know what muggle soda was like.

"Sure. Can you catch?" he asked, chucking her a can. He shut the fridge, "Sorry" he said, realizing that might have been rude. He walked over to her and put his arm around her shoulders. "Are you alright? I mean, you will tell me if you need anything won't you?" he kissed the top of her head. "Let me show you the garden. We have a swing" he smiled.

Outside Robert led her up the path, to where at the end of the garden was one of those cushioned "sofas" hung. It was winter, and tomorow would be christmas eve, although Robert found it warm enough outside. "We can go back in again if you want" he offered, knowing she would be colder than him.

"No," She said, "No, I'm fine."
The cool air was helping her head, easing her pain.
She sat down on the garden swing ((Sofa)) and leaned back slightly.
It was comfy and quiet.
"I like your mum," Larissa said, not looking at Robert but just up in general.
"She's lovely."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back