OOC First Name
Kadi
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Curved 12 Inch Unyielding Reed Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Leah had been looking all over the castle for Chase and it was exhausting. Every usual hang out was empty and it was starting to get annoying. She hadn't been able to really get a hold of him all semester. It felt like he was avoiding her and while she was trying not to take it personally his absence was starting to sting. Even the few times she did manage to see him he was grumpy and they would barely exchange a few words before he was gone again. She loved her roommates but she really cherished Chase's friendship and she had thought he felt the same way. He was one of the only people at school she could really complain about her parents to. In a last ditch attempt to find him she went out to the lawn. And of course he was in the last place she looked. Leah approached him and let out an irritated huff. "I've been looking for you everywhere." she said with her hands on her hips.

Chase knew he generally wasn't the best or most fun person to hang out with, which was why he guessed it was a good thing he didn't have many friends. Somehow the whole not getting too close to others was perhaps not even working in his favour, but in theirs. Instead of not getting close to people due to the fear of getting hurt it now felt like he was doing them a favour. The less people he was close to, the less people there were to disappoint. And yet the person he was closest to in the world had disappointed him immensely. He'd be lying if he said it hadn't been affecting his mood. He had been more grumpy, had tried his best not to get stuck in conversations he didn't want to be a part of. He was fine working through everything on his own. Which was exactly what he had been doing when Leah appeared in front of him. "Well, ya found me." Chase replied dryly, looking up from where he was sat against a tree. He knew he should be kinder to Leah, knew she was the one person that had stuck with him even through his moods sometimes and yet right now even that was difficult.

(if you don't want to continue with this thread i totally understand!)

Leah frowned at his curt response but if she was being honest, she would have be shocked if he had replied any other way. With another irritated sigh she sat down next to him and hoped he would get away so easily this time. "I did." she said with her chin raised defiantly. "Not that you made it easy for me." she grumbled as she pulled her knees to her chest and rested her head as she turned to look at Chase. "Whats with you lately? You're not acting like yourself." she said and tried to sound authoritative but she doubted it came off that way. A cold sinking feeling started in her stomach as she tried to form her next words. "Did- did i do something?"

all good!

Chase watched in silence as Leah sat down next to him. He had never been much of a talkative type, but lately he much preferred silence to any talking at all. Not that he had a lot of people to talk to anyways, which made avoiding those he did talk to a whole lot less complicated. He was never sure whether that was the right move, and honestly it felt like the easy way out, but talking about his problems seemed like an even less attractive alternative. "Nothing." Chase almost coldly shrugged off Leah's question, trying to look anywhere but her way. Her next words made him turn his head to face her though, expression involuntarily softening a bit. "No, that's not-" He shook his head. "You didn't." He added with a sigh, leaning his head back against the tree and shifting his gaze towards the sky. "Look, I'm sorry. I don't know if you've noticed but I'm.. not much of a talker." Chase said with a slight hint of sarcasm in his voice. Ofcourse she knew that. "And I've been dealing with some.. stuff, so isolating myself felt like the easiest thing to do."

Leah was full of nervous energy as she waited for Chase to explain himself now that she had finally confronted him. She had been so sure she wanted to confront him as she stomped around the school looking for him. But now that she was, she couldn't help but feel a bit of panic as she waited to hear what he had to say for himself. She frowned when he said nothing. He wasn't even trying to lie convincingly. "You could have fooled me." Leah added sarcastically when he mentioned he wasn't a talker but she quieted down quickly in case it spooked him away form telling her what was going on. She was surprised when he continued. He wasn't full of details but it wasn't...nothing. "And how is that working out for you?" she asked softly with a hint of teasing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back