Getting Hot Chocolate

Imogen Day

OOC First Name
Emzies
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose

Immy was glad she'd been able to help Leslie a little. Imogen hadn't really ever trusted a slytherin, and nor did she want to. Slytherins weren't the most trustworthy of people. She had to however help her friend in feeling like it would maybe be okay. Imogen really did hope it would be. She didn't like seeing her friend in this state. It was why after Leslie had calm down a bit, she'd suggested hot chocolate. Immy held the door open for Leslie to enter the kitchens before her. Immy pointed to one of the tables.

"You can sit down, I'll go make the hot chocolate." Imogen said with an encouraging smile, before walking to one of the counters and telling an elf, exactly what she needed.

Leslie grinned as Immy held the door open for her and went off to get the hot chocolates. Her eyes were still slightly red from where she had been crying. Talking to Immy had helped her loads. It helped her realise that she still had hope no matter how little it was.
Leslie sat at the table and waited for Immy to come back with the hot chocolates.

Immy had long since learned the amazing art of making hot chocolate when a person was in need. She'd made it a lot for herself and her mum the days and weeks after the accident. And she now made it whenever Pixie needed it. Now Leslie needed it. Of course, Immy added her special touch, which was of course a secret, and no one apart from her sister would ever get to know it, but she always added it. Once, the two mugs of hot chocolate were made, Immy carried back to the table.

"Hot Chocolate, Day style." Immy said with a smile passing a mug to Leslie. "It's got a secret special Day touch to it. See if you can guess, I give you 3 tries."

Leslie grinned and took the mug, smiling as she wrapped her hands around it feeling the heat of the hot chocolate. "Thanks." Lez knew that there was probably no chance that she would be able to guess what was in it. She was good at cooking recipes from a cook book but terrible when she had to make something by tasting it. Lexi put the mug to her mouth and sipped some of it. "Wow, that tastes great. I haven't got a clue though. I'm terrible at guessing." She laughed slightly.

Imogen gave a small, light laugh. Just before taking a drink of her own hot chocolate. The warmth was just perfect. Imogen couldn't help but keep smiling at her friend. The Hot Chocolate never failed to cheer Immy up, even if she didn't need cheering up. She loved the fact that Leslie didn't know what the special Day touch was. Immy did hope that not many others did do this method. But she doubted she'd ever find the answer to the question.

"That's too bad, I guess you'll never know the Day secret." Imogen said smiling brightly at her friend. "Do you cook?" Immy asked knowing that she didn't really know Leslie all that well, but really did plan to change this.

Leslie giggled when Immy said she'd never know. "I can cook well when I've got a recipe book or when I've learnt the recipe by heart but I can't make up my own recipes or change them to make them taste better." She grinned remembering the cooking that she used to do with her mum all the time and the flour fights that they used to have. Leslie loved it and wished she could do it again some time. "How about you??"

Imogen nodded her head. She didn't follow recipes much. She thought, that at times, they were a little too structured. At first, when she made something from a book, she'd follow it word for word, but after that, was she to make it again, she'd vary it. And according to Pixie, Immy was very good at this. Immy loved cooking and was glad she knew how to, but there were some days at home, where Immy wished she didn't have to.

"Yeah, I've been cooking since I was 5. I'm not very good, but my little sister thinks I'm amazing." Immy said smiling. "What is your favourite food of all time?"

Leslie grinned. She had so many favourite foods that he very fvourite alway changed. "I don't know. Probably lasagne because although it's got loads of fat in it I don't care. I just love the taste." She had always loved her mum's homemade lasagne. It wasn't Leslie's best recipe but she wasn't terrible at it.

Imogen nodded, she loved that too. And making it. It was a good challenge. Which was what she enjoyed most about it. She paused briefly, unsure of what to answer to herself. She couldn't really think of anything. She made most of the food which meant that more times she enjoyed it more than anything rather than hated it. She did like apples a lot, but that didn't seem like the type of thing to say.

"Hmm, Lasagna's awesome." Immy said. "I haven't had some in ages. Do you like meat lasagna or vegetable lasagna? Or am I the only one that makes two different types."

Leslie grinned and replied. "My mum makes both. I prefer meat lasagne though. It's got more taste to it in my opinion." Lexi could only make meat lasagne. She always fund vegetable harder to make and seemed to get it wrong everytime. She still loved cooking though. Lex found that even when food went wrong, something good could still be made from it.

Imogen nodded. Glad she wasn't the only one that made two types of lasanga. She was always happy when she wasn't the only one to do something. Imogen nodded again. She preferred the vegetable one, mainly because it was slightly easier to make, she thought and it generally had a nicer taste to it.

"I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that makes two types of Lasagna." Imogen said with a slight giggle. "Are you quite close to your mum?"

"I like doing things that nobody else does. It makes me feel different." Lexi grinned. "Yeah. Definitely. Me and mum used to do everything together. We had so much fun together." Lez had always had fun with her parents and very rarely had fights with them. "Are you close with your parents??"

It was nice to hear that Leslie and her mum were close. Imogen wasn't really that close to her own parents. She had been. But events had thrown that out the pond. Sometimes, it took a lot to be able to talk about it, but since Leslie was a good friend of Immy's she knew she'd feel comfortable in talking about it, a little. Immy half shook her head.

"Well, we were. I was quite close to my parents. But, not really any more." Immy said. "I'm closer to my sister now. But that's expected, I basically raised her, so we were bound to be close."

Leslie smiled as Immy said she was close with her sister. "Is it hard not being close with your parents??" Lez had always loved both her parents so she had no idea what i was like to sta away from them. "It's great that you're close with your sister. how old is she??"

Imogen smiled and shook her head, while taking a long drink of her hot chocolate. Everything had happened so suddenly, it was only every so often Immy found it hard. But now she was here at hogwarts it was easier, she had friends to distract her.

"She's 7. The cutest thing ever." Immy said smiling. "And it's not as hard as some might think. Though, Some days not being close can get to you, but it's rarely."

Leslie noticed how Immy's relationship with her family was opposite to her own. She was close with her parents butnot her sister where as Immy was close with her sister and not her parents. "She sounds so adoreable." She grinned. "Friends must help with the times when it is hard." Leslie said this out of experience. "I always know that my friends will be there for me when needed."

Imogen nodded in agreement. She couldn't help it. Pixie was the most adorable little sister ever. Imogen didn't find it hard telling people about her sister. It was the rest of her family which was the problem, which very few knew about, and Immy liked it this way. It meant not many knew about what had happened to her. She didn't really tell people unless it was necessary to.

"Friends are very useful, but I'm okay here. I'm not close to my parents at all here, so It's easier. It's back home, in Wales." Imogen said. She sipped her drink. "What are you doing during the holidays?"

"I prefer home. I like Hogwarts and all but I miss my parents and I'm stuck with Steph here so I can't wait to get home." Leslie smiled as she drank more of the hot chocolate and felt great as the drink ran down her throat, heating her body up as it went. "I'm just going to be at home really. Doing a bit of reading, hang out with my mum. That sort of stuff. What about you??"

Imogen smiled and nodded. She'd booked her flights back to the UK in the summer, New Zealand winter.Of course, it didn't really seem like summer in Wales. It had rained a lot. A lot, a lot. She smiled at Leslie, glad she had a good best friend, who she could trust. Immy was also thinking of Pixie, which meant her smile was even greater than usual.

"I leave the day after the Yule Ball. I leave New Zealand at around 8pm and I'll be in London at around the same time, or something weird like that." Immy said. "I absolutely love flying in planes, but the flights are a little long."

"Tell me about it." Leslie laughed. "When we moved from England to New Zealand, I read three books and still had time to get bored." She grinned as she thought about the way she had just stared out the window at the passing clouds, wondering when the next time she would see her friends would be.

Imogen nodded, she read on flights too, but since most of the books she wanted to read were wizarding books, and the images moved she couldn't. So Imogen always chose to read muggle books, she'd not managed to read. She was always alone on the plane, and from time to time flight attendants, would come and sit with her, and grill her with questions. Imogen had answers prepared for this.

"Yeah, And I find it almost impossible to sleep on planes." Imogen said. "I can't wait until i know how to apparate"(sp?)

"Yeah. I don't know why though. I'm usually a very deep sleeper and get to sleep anywhere but planes are different." She smiled. "Apparating would be so much easier. My mum tries to use magic as little as possible because she wants to live a 'normal' life with my dad."

Imogen nodded her head in agreement. Her mum did that too. Or had done that. But now she just didn't do Any form of magic whatsoever. She had encouraged Immy to go to New Zealand and study magic there rather than at hogwarts Scotland. She had always been a little unsure as to why this was. But she was glad. Immy loved new Zealand.

"Same. I was more or less brought up mugglebor , apart from the fact that I didn't go to school." Imogen said taking q drink of her hot chocolate. "Do you prefer it here or back in England, by here I mean New Zealand."

Leslie loved how her mum tried to do as much as possible without using magic. Lexi hadn't even found out about magic until she got her letter from Hogwarts. She found it great the she could do magic but not so great that having magic required moving home.
"I didn't even find out about magic till about a year and a half ago when I got my letter. I went to school with all the other kids along my lane." She grinned as memories came back to her of walking to her school with all her school mates. "England. Easily. Before I came to New Zealand everything was so much easier. I didn't have to cope with all the hectic day to day stuff by myself. I had my parents there to help me. Even Steph was decent. It all changed when we got here though."

Imogen couldn't help but agree, as much as she loved New Zealand, Wales would always be her home. Even though it rained and rained, there and was sunny here, she still much prefered Wales, it was good to know that she wasn't the only one who preferred the colder part in whch they lived or had lived.

"Ditto that, I prefer Wales to New Zealand. As much as New Zealand is lovely and is as much my home as Wales is, I just prefer Wales." Immy responded with a smile, "I just realised this, but I have no idea when your birthday is or I'm sure I don't. Have you told me before?"
Imogen had her usual warm smile, which she was always showing, barely anything made this young Gryffindorian down, things were good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back