First Impressions

Alois Eisler

Wand
Kingwood 15 1/2 with Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
A fly buzzed monotonously somewhere unseen as the teacher droned on, explaining in a bored sort of voice, the impact of history on society. It would usually be a subject of great interest to Alois, the way society had grown and fallen their victories and defeats altering the paths of the future, but today he couldn't care less.

He had given up on attempting to stay awake about a half hour ago and had now submitted to letting his head rest heavily on a curled fist, black hair cascading over his eyes, only a glimmer of Blue peeping through his readily drooping eyelids. He shifted restlessly, letting his eyes finally fall shut, breathing slowing to an even pace. His contentment was short lived though as something poked into his arm. He sniffed and frowned, eyes remaining closed as he moved slightly in the opposite direction. It came again, harder and sharper this time. Azure eyes flew open regretfully, flickering with a dangerous spark. He turned to the source of his disturbance and threw an annoyed look. He was about to say something when the bell rang, signifying the end of class. With a stretch, Alois started to pack his things back to his bag, ready for anything that could happen on the day ahead of him.

Gwenneth-Adrie sat in what was most likely the most boring class in the history of classes. Sure the topic may have been interesting but with the teacher who was teaching them it was just a montone lecture. Looking around she realized that she didn't know anyone in the class, being a transfer into 5th year gave her an issue. Making friends would be harder then if she came any year before now, when people were more open minded. Turning her head again she noticed the boy who was sitting in the desk next to her own sleeping. She poked him with her quill but nothing seemed to happen so she did it again. He finally woke but it was too late for either of them to learn anything as the bell rang for the end of class. "You know sleeping in class isn't very good if you want to pass the OWLs and NEWTs," she told the boy as she packed her belongings up.

Alois cannot help but smirk at what he had just heard, the girl had a point, yet, who would be able to stay awake through that real boring class, not him for sure. "I know... but it's just one session, I could still catch up..." He replied with a chuckle, looking at the girl who had just spoken to him. This girl was unfamiliar to Alois, being a friendly boy as he was, he already knew all his classmates, since first year, up to the present, yet, this girl who was just talking to him, it's a new face. Transferee. He thought to himself. After a few more minutes of arranging his books and parchment systematically in his bag, Alois looked at their professor who was still sitting on his desk, completely oblivious of the fact that most of his students had gone out already. "You know, I could probably pass the OWLs and the NEWTs if this class would be a little livelier... that would be far from possible though.." He remarked, smirking as he saw their professor stood up and leave the room, still as lazily as he did while teaching them. "What's your name?"

Gwen laughed at his second statement. "Well just let your imagine wander during the class, you'll be quite entertained and you'll have funny ways to remember facts we learn," she told him as she picked up her shoulder bag from the desk ready to leave the classroom. She started to follow the teacher out of the room but stopped when she heard the boys question. Turning back to him she smiled and looked up towards the ceiling for a second or two. "Gwenneth-Adrie, you?" She asked looking at him.

"That's what I've been trying to do earlier, and before I knew it, I'm already in my own dream land.." Alois replied with a heartfelt laugh, watching the girl as she picked her bag and readied herself to go out of the room. following her actions as he picked up his own bag and swung it on his shoulder, Alois smirked as the girl introduced herself. "You have quite a long name. Can I just call you Adrie? Or Gwen perhaps?" He said, placing his hands behind his head as he started to walk towards the door. "Oh my name's Alois, it's quite a shock that you don't know me, I'm pretty popular.." Alois said in a joking manner, chuckling at his own statement, it was true though, he was a part-veela after all.

Gwen looked at the boy, her head was tilted. "Oh, well, you gotta stay focused just alittle bit for it to work, ya know," she said. He smirked at her so she smiled in return, she never really got the point of smirking, just made the person seem more full of themshelves then anything else. "You can choose, not many people call me by Adrie, actually no one does, odd huh?" She stated thinking on the nicknames she's gotten. Gwen, Gwennie, Ann, but never by Adrie which was strange, she always like the Adrie part of her name but she never asked anyone to call her by it before. Gwen watched him as he walked towards her and the door. Continuing on her own path to the door she began to walk forward as well. "Uh, well considering I'm new, I actually don't know anyone besides this one 7th year," she said shrugging her shoulders glancing back at the boy.

Alois shrugged at the girl's suggestion, stopping as she told him that he can choose a name for her. "I'll call you Adrie then, that name sounds sweet, and it's unique.." Alois said, patting the girl in the head which is very easy for him, seeing that he was taller. He didn't know whether the girl would be offended by such gesture, but he didn't really mind, he's kind of used to it. "A 7th year student eh? You're a 5th year and your friend is a 7th year? weird,..." He continued on, his hands still behind his back as he occasionally cast a glance at the shorted girl. "I can be a friend if you like.." He then added randomly, smiling charmingly as he stopped to block the girl's path.

"That sounds fine with me," she said as she moved her way around the desks that were in her path to the door. She would have to remember next time to get to get to class earlier so she could sit in the front closer to the door. She glanced at him when he patted her head, she wasn't sure what to make of it but she figured she might have finally found someone weirder then her. Of course he was taller then her alot of the boys were but she was still one of the tallest girls in their year, that she had noticed in her other classes. "Well yes, I mean I don't see anything wrong with it. Jack is very nice, he protected me in the halls, so yes I guess he is my friend," she said shrugging it off. At Hogwarts they never really cared about age. Her boyfriend there had been a 7th year when she was a 4th year, of course all good things come to an end and she hadn't spoken to him since she left school in the middle of the year last year. "You would? That's very nice Alois. Being popular you must enjoy having lots of friends, what's one more, huh?" She said smiling as she walked around him sounding excited about the possibility. He most certainly thought alot of himself, must be veela. She glanced behind her to where she had walked past him. "Well are you coming? We have a test next class and we might as well study for it," she said knowing he probably missed that information during his nap.

"Oh, so Jack's the name eh? What is he like? I mean, is he the protective and strong type?" Alois said with a smirk, thinking whether he knew a 7th year who was named Jack, but to no avail, he can't think of one, of course, there would surely be a lot of Jacks in the school, but one who would protect a new student? Now that's a rare find. Alois chuckled as Adrie talked about him being popular, of course he had told her that, but still, he cannot believe that she had actually take that statement seriously. "Well, I do have lots of friends, but not real and close ones, but anyways, enough about me, why don't you tell me about yourself?" He inquired with an interested tone, trying to sync his pace with her, but she had seemed to walk faster, her leaving him a few steps behind. "A test? Seriously? Why, I don't have any idea.." Alois said with a feigned shocked tone, of course, it was true that he really had no idea about the exam, but he figured that he could still catch up anyway, what with the girl telling him to study for it.

Gwen looked over at Alois when he asked about Jack. "Yes, he's sweet. Most likely he has been around with other girls but he was nice enough not to try anything on me. SO I trust him," she stated her face turning pink when she talk more and more about him. She hadn't actually thought much about him till she had first mentioned him to Alois. Classes were more time consuming and with trying to get through the halls unharmed her mind hadn't taken the chance to think of Jack much. "Me? Well my only friend, besides you, I've only seen once, my mother died not to long ago, and my dad decided to move me to a school where in the halls I'm prone to get hurt and not just because I'm clumsy," she stated thinking of how she had first run into Jack was what cause them to meet. Her mind over passed her father and mother she didn't want to spend much time thinking about them it didn't really matter anymore.

Alois had to fight back a laugh as he saw how Adrie had turned pink when she talked about the 7th year student, she looks kind of adorable though, if he may say so. "You're blushing Adrie, you like him?" He said, the words coming out smoothly, as if what he was asking was just something casual and not something to be embarrassed about. That's one thing about Alois, he can make something sound fine even though it's not. His smile faltered as the girl talked about her parents, apparently, her mother had just passed away. Alois hadn't really experienced how it is to have someone whom he love to die, so he really don't know what to say, but of course, he do know that thinking about a deceased mother is hard. "These halls are really dangerous, but not if you know the safe ways..., and besides, since we're friends already, you can count on me" He said, diverting the topic from the girl's parents, he knew that it was hard for her to talk about them, and since they had just met, Alois wasn't sure if she's comfortable with telling him everything about them.

Gwen glanced at Alois when he questioned her, she wasn't sure if she did or not, Jack was good looking but like Alois she guessed he must be part-veela as well. "No. There isn't much to like yet, I barely know him," she stated honestly turning away from Alois as she peered down the corridor for anyone who might cast some jinxes at them for a joke. Flashing a smile at Alois she began down the hall holding her wand in her hand. "What are you going to do now? Any more classes today?" She asked keeping an eye out for the pranksters that seemed to line the halls waiting for students to pass by.

"Really? But honestly, I do think that you like him.." Alois said, scanning his surrounding to see if there was anyone who was trying to jinx them, not that they would succeed of course. "And here I am, thinking that you'll like me.....I'm just joking of course.." He said randomly, with a light tone, trying to joke around with her. He was quite enjoying her company, unlike when he was with the other girls in the school. He felt awkward when he's with them, not really like himself. "Classes? I don't think that I have one..." He then replied, his wand at hand as well, ready if ever there was a brave soul who would cast a hex at them.

Gwen passed a smile towards the boy he was being persistant about Jack. Of course she had to glance at him again at his joke. "You're blushing Alois, do you like me?" She asked with a laugh using his words from before to continue the joke. Though she never had thought of herself as pretty alot of the boys her age back at Hogwarts disagreed with her. Sometimes she felt like she must be part-veela but her father said he was sure there wasn't any veela on his side of the family and her mother had been muggle. "Well good then we can study for a bit and talk. If we want to be friends we need to know each other more," she said flashing him another one of her bright smiles.

Alois laughed at the girl's response, he didn't really expect it actually, it was a first for him to hear that, usually, when he says that to a girl, that girl would blush madly and would instantly fell head over heels for him. "And what if I do?" He said with a confident smile, still with that joking manner of his. Well, the girl does look beautiful, even though he was quite sure that she was not a veela, well, he can't seem to find that familiar sparkle in her, the way that his mother had. Nevertheless, Adrie does look great. "You have a point there, we should start getting to know each other.." He continued on, smiling confidently at the girl that he is with.

Gwen looked over at him with a laugh. She hadn't joked around with someone in a long time, usually she had been too depressed to do anything but read. "Well only you could answer that. What if you do like me Alois? What would change?" She said knowing it would be hard on a friendship for one person to have unrequited love for the other. Which was why she tried to stay away from wizards would shared veela blood, most times they could be irristiable if they tried, but she wasn't sure if he was or not which was why she hadn't run yet. "Where are you from then?" She questioned trynig to figure out more about the boy.

"You do have a point, fine, I give up, anyways, with your question, what would happen if I do like you? well, I really have no idea, i don't really know the feeling after all.." Alois said truthfully. Sure enough, he had had met a lot of girls who like him, but he had no one whom he like yet to the point that he would do anything for her, that thing had not really happened to him just yet. "Nothing would change probably, well, except for the probability that you wouldn't be able to get our of your room unharmed, you see, some of the girls here are really really... well, dangerous?" He added his tone trailing off at the end of the statement. Being a part veela surely had its advantages, but it does have a disadvantage too, one meaning that well, he can easily break a girl's heart, which is pretty much painful for him as well. "Where am I from? My mother's from France, and my father's a german, but well, we usually stay in France, seeing as my mother was a fashion designer, so, she can't really go around, and well, my dad's business was also situated there.. " He then said casually, as if talking about his life was just a normal thing.

Gwen nodded glad that he had just been joking around with her. She wasn't sure if she wanted a part-veela for a boyfriend anyways, though she still hadn't gotten that fact confirmed yet. "Dangerous, hmm, well they haven't dueled me yet but we'll see who's dangerous or not when it comes to that," she stated glad she had been a Ravenclaw and had a great study group at Hogwarts, they were all advanced in their classes which was really nice for her, she most likely knew more spells then the girls she'd be fighting here. "Ah, you speak German then?" She questioned him in her native tounge. It would be nice to know someone else who spoke it though she was fluent in English sometimes she missed her true language.

Alois looked at the girl with an amused look as she talked, "Feisty aren't you? Nevertheless, be careful, well, they are capable of doing lots and lots of dangerous hexes and jinx, well, I had had a fair share of it you know, so I already know a bunch of counter spells, go ask me if you needed any help.." Alois said with a chuckle, sure enough, what he was saying was true. Before, when he was still a third year, and well, he's not really as mature as he is now, when he was still a bit childish, he tends to use his being a part veela to make his female classmates fall for him, which had pretty much resulted to him being hated by the male population. But he's not really like that now, he had settled to be a normal good-looking guy, he wouldn't want to get into any trouble after all. "Ja, ich tun", He replied in german, quite happy to use that language once again. It had been quite a while after all, he hadn't met anyone yet who was fluent in that language too. "Are you a German too?"

Gwen smirked at Alois, it was the first smirk she had done in a while so it might have seemed alittle odd for her but it fit the situation. "Do you prefer me feisty or sweet? It's actually quite easy to change character if you practice," as she spoke she became her usual sweet and almost dumb looking self. "I was Ravenclaw, I may be blonde and have my moments, some I'm sure you'll get to see, but I am smart," she stated matter a factly. She almost jumped for joy when he spoke German back to her. "My mother was, but my father is Dutch. Though marrying a muggle wasn't the best idea for him so he was banished from the family and we haven't been to Holland since. So I consider myself German, ja," she replied back to him excited to find someone she could really talk to.

"Feisty, that one's more interesting... but it's quite nice if you would be sweet sometimes, but not too much, it can be quite sickening..." Alois said truthfully, he didn't really like those who are excessively sweet to him, he would rather talk to a feisty girl, at lest, that means more fun. "Ravenclaw? Well, my father's one, and my mom, she's from beauxbattons, so basically, all of us had came from three different schools...." He said with another laugh, that's true though, and actually, he was wondering where his cousin would study, but he was already quite sure that she'll go to Durmstrang too, she was pretty attached to him after all. "Well, you do look smart...so, you're going to help me study right?" He then added with a smile, a smile that could make a girl blush, but he didn't know if that was the case with Adrie. "What's wrong with muggles? why they're quite an interesting bunch of people, very very creative, and well, m father works with them, and I happen to like them.." Alos said, quite happy with the fact that this girl, this girl whom he had just met, was actually his first friend who was the same heritage as him, hopefully though, she'll be real friend to him.

Gwen smirked at him once more he did seem to be the type that wanted to chat with interesting people that put up fight with him. "Hmm, I'll help but I'm not giving you answers or doing anything for you. But since you slept through class you can copy my notes to study from. But don't count on me waking you up everyclass..in fact I know this muggle marker thats takes forever to get off and I happen to have a few so.." she said her voice linguring off as she pictured him with marker faces on him when he woke up. She was trying to be more fiesty with him right now but they still had to get to know each other before she knew how to act around him all the time. "My father's family is pureblood and well they were in line with Voldemort way back when," she said darkly. She didn't agree wth her family choice in the past and she was proud of her father for being with her mother. However his cousin didn't think so when she caused the accident that killed Gwen's mother.

Alois smirked at the girl's reply, feisty, she really is like that, and truthfully, he finds her amusing. "I'm not saying that you should give me the answers, but if you are generous enough, then why not?" He said with a laugh as he sat down on a vacant seat in the hall, if they were going to study, then they should at least take a seat right? "Is that a threat Adrie? If it is, it's not convincing..." He said, laughing harder than before, he cannot really picture out how he would look if he had this marker scribbles on his face, but he was sure that he would look really funny. "Voldemort eh? My mother's family were supporters actually, but well, my mom is not, and she really loves muggles, but she wasn't banished from her household.." Alois said wistfully, thinking about his grandmother who would sometimes get annoyed at him because he shares the same fascination for muggles as his mother. He can't help it though, muggles as really interesting for him.

Gwen sat down on the seat next to him. She always enjoyed schools that had benches made into the wall, it was a good place to relax on bad weather days. "No answers for you even if you may have a smirk that could melt girl's hearts," she said to him. Pulling out a pernament marker from her bag quickly she easily managed to draw a line on Alois's hand before anyone would have an a chance to react. "Convince you yet? Even magic can't get it off, tricky muggles huh?" Laughing she put the marker behind her so he wouldn't be able to get back at her.

"So you now admit that I do have a smile, that's a smile not a smirk alright? where am I? oh yes, so you now admit that I do have a SMILE that could melt a girl's heart? Falling for me yet?" He said with a laugh, placing his hands behind his head as he leaned against the wall. Truthfully, he was in no mood to study, seeing that he was being entertained just by talking with the girl. He was quite surprised when he felt something on his hand, looking down, he saw a line there, a line!. Looking at Adrie, Alois cannot help but to smirk. "So, it is not an empty threat huh? I'll get back to you.." He said raising his hand as he flicked her at the forehead, he was being childish he knows, but well, who cares, he was having fun after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back