Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
bisexual
Wand
Knotted 9 1/2 Inch Whippy Acacia Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Brevity had never been to a school function before. Partly because this was her very first ever experience of a school, but it just..She had never imagined she would ever be at one. They were not her sort of thing, but she'd come to learn that Hogwarts was boring, people were obsessed with their school work, and their sports and their silly little clubs, there was nothing, no one or anything that interesting. She'd met one person she liked so far and wasn't willing to invite her to spend time here and now because of course she was going to end up disliking her, because that was the sort of person brevity tended to be. The Slytherin had worn a costume, in the things her parents had sent her, one of the items had been a costume, and not sure if no costume would mean no entry. Brevity had worn it, feeling silly, but at least this was something that she could just do. Waste time at a school event. How had her life become this..

Wish hadn't really participated in any of the school events before. But, Halloween was a good opportunity for her to pretend to be anything she wanted, and today she wanted to be anyone else. Her costume had taken a long time to complete and taken a lot of study of both magical and muggle concepts of fairies to perfect. The pink hair was easy, but the enchantment on her wings had required assistance from an older housemate. Now that she was actually at the event, Wish didn't really know what to do with herself. The costume hadn't magically given her confidence like she'd hoped, but she didn't want to stand in a corner by herself all night and doom herself to an eternity as a wallflower. She turned to look at the nearest person next to her and examined the girl's outfit. "Um, I like your costume," she squeaked.

Maisie always enjoyed the parties the school threw, and she loved dressing up especially. She hummed happily, skipping into the room. After looking around, she spotted her newest friend talking with someone else. "Brevity!" She giggled, skipping over and smiling at her and the other girl. "Hi!" She said to them both, looking at both of their costumes. "Wow, you guys look great!" She complimented. "I love your wings!" She told the girl. "I'm Maisie, what's your name?" She asked, reaching to try and grab Brevitys hand.

Brevity glanced at the girl who paid her a compliment. She glanced at her costume and then back at the girl, trying to read her expression and see if what she'd been saying had been a joke. Especially considering this girl's costume was much better than Brevity's. "Your costume is great," It was a compliment but almost said as a retort to her costume. Brevity couldn't help the fact she relaxed slightly when Maisie approached them. "Your wings are cool," she agreed deciding to equally ignore her own costume. She might've said more, but Maisie introduced herself to the younger girl. "I'm Brevity," she equally introduced, but didn't let Maisie take her hand, folding her arms across her chest. Maisie was much more touchy feely that she was used to.

Wish felt uncomfortable being in the middle of two older girls who clearly knew each other, like she was intruding just by being there. She wanted to disappear into the crowd, but also was feeling stubborn and wanted to meet new people. Brevity seemed to fit her name with her concise sentences, and Wish wondered if she was always like that. She gave them both small smiles at their compliments, and a squeak of thanks that didn't quite make it into a full word. Wish wasn't entirely sure what Maisie's costume was, but it vaguely reminded her of an illustration she'd seen in a storybook. "You look really cool," she said, not brave enough to compliment the specifics of the outfit. "Oh, I'm, uh, Wish." she said hastily, as they were all introducing themselves.

Maisie pouted a little when Brevity didn't take her hand, but she brushed it aside, turning her attention to the younger girl. Her eyes lit up at the name. "Oh, my, gosh!" She almost squealed, "That is the cutest name I've ever heard!" She took a step closer, almost wanting to hug her. "That is so cute! You're definitely one of my best friends in the whole world now!" She giggled, offering her hand out to the younger girl. "I always wanted a little sister, that's it, I'm adopting you." She declared, smiling back at Brevity. "We should all go get cupcakes, they're always nummy."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back