Domino Effect-

Alois Eisler

Wand
Kingwood 15 1/2 with Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
It was a fresh afternoon in the park. The gentle wind rustled budding flowers and grass sprouting anew. The sky was an ethereal blue, streaked with cloud near the horizon and birds joyously spun in the air, courting each other.

Beneath a large birch tree coming to life again, sat one youth. His position was relaxed, one leg bent and the other out straight in front of him. His head tilted upwards against the tree trunk, messy hair brushing it, and if his eyes were open, he would've been staring at the sky.

This sort of thing normally doesn't happen with Alois Eisler, he was extremely bored. Normally, he is too busy with his studies to ever have time to get bored. However, Alois was good with his studies; therefore, he mostly gets the high grades that he most well deserved. Still, even when things were perfect for him, he could count on his friends to keep him from getting bored.

Unfortunately, that was not the case today. Most of his friends had gone out, hanging out with their other friends or worrying about the upcoming exams. That also meant one other thing. Since exams are coming up, most of his friends are busy cramming to review their lessons. They offered for him to go and help them with the reviews, but Alois had been less than enthusiastic. He figured he'd be bored if he went. Of course, now he wished that he would have gone. Either way, Alois had a predicament on his hands. He was terribly bored and he had absolutely nothing to do.

An idle mind makes for trouble when you have tons of time on your hands. That was the case for Alois Eisler. Yes, it was in this state of mind that he decided to take a walk. It normally cleared his mind though he doubted it would help him today.

"It'll at least give me something to do," he thought as he stood up. He wore a black t-shirt, blue jeans, and his signature black shoes. After grabbing his jacket, a gray one to be specific, which is lying in the ground next to him, he took out from his pocket the bell choker that a girl had once given to him.

"Weird how it's been almost two years since I got this," Alois thought to himself as he left the area. The small bell chimed as he moved, which brought a smile to his face.

It was a nice day. The sun was shinning over the horizon. The weather was brisk and cold as the wind blew, but Alois didn't mind. He found that being out in the cold helped him think and reflect on his life. But for him, boredom was a worse fate. It made him remember things he didn't want to remember.

Soon, Alois found himself in one of the busiest shopping district of Europe. Apparently, he hadn't been paying attention to his surroundings. That was unusual for him, with a sigh as he strolled down the area, Alois decided to not pay any attention at all to the glances that was being thrown to him. He chose to ignore it all, after all, he's used to it. He's been pretty popular with the girls and he actually likes it, but this time, he had no energy to go and talk to them.

Amelia was walking through a shopping district in Europe. She had been travelling for a while and was finding herself in the strangest of places. Wandering through she was ignoring the glances being sent her way by the males of the shopping centre. 'Honestly, i know im pretty but jeesh. Can't they give me a break?' She thought to herself as she walked around. She was used to these looks by now, what with being a half-veela but some of them, well some of them were slightly disconcerting her now.

Her hair was flung loosely around her shoulders and her eyes were shining with amusement and curiosity. She had always been obsessed with her appearance but today she was taking it to an extreme. Every shop window was a perfect mirror and she stopped a lot of the time, just to check that everything was still in order.

She was in the middle of checking her appearance when something hit her and knocked her down. It was a young child on a scooter who was pelting his way through the crowds. Watching him vanish into the distance she looked around and saw her bag sprawled across the floor. Picking up her few things including some spare parchment, quills and a letter, she swore silently.

Standing up, she started muttering in French under her breath and watched as an apologetic woman chased after the boy with an angry look on her face.

Sitting down on a bench at the sidewalk she surveyed the tourists and the buzz of activity going on.

Alois was still bored, no matter how many times he goes in and out of the stores in the shopping district, still nothing catches his attention. Everything was just sort of ordinary for him, even the glamorous and sparkling displays in the stores made no effect to entertain his idle mind. With a very audible sigh, Alois exited the last store that he went into, it was a pranks store and he figured that he could buy one so as to teach his friends a lesson to not leave him alone by himself. They didn't know what he is capable of doing. Yet, the different prank materials sold in the store held no significance for him. Feeling slightly hopeless that his day would end without anything exciting happening, Alois didn't notice the young child making his way through the crowd. It was just in split second that he had managed to dodge the boy to avoid getting bump into. He cannot risk getting any injury, his friends would surely conclude that he got it from breaking another girl's heart. Cursing under his breath as he watched the child disappear from his sight, Alois' attention was caught by a girl picking up her things which had happened to spread along the cobblestone ground. Apparently, the child who was speeding off earlier had bump into her and had made no move to even help or apologize at all. Alois tried to make a move to help the said girl, however, the dense area of the shopping district had prevented him from approaching the girl before she had already left.

With another sigh as he realized that he had lost his hope of getting something interesting to do, Alois had noticed a folded parchment lying on the ground. It had some curvy and girly handwriting on it and so, he concluded that the girl which he had seen earlier had probably not noticed that she had left it there at all. Taking the parchment from the ground, Alois started to find his way to search for the mysterious girl. Luckily enough, without any effort wasted, Alois had found her sitting down on a bench. Taking a deep breath, Alois approached the girl. She is really beautiful is he may say so, ethereally beautiful at that actually, way different from the ones that he had met before. Grinning as he had finally found something to entertain him, Alois tapped the girl in the shoulder to get her attention. "Excuse me miss, I think you dropped this.." He said, smiling at the beautiful girl with him.

Amelia jumped as someone tapped her on the shoulder. She spun around, her hair flying behind her quickly. Seeing a rather handsome guy standing there she smiled. He was holding a piece of parchment in his hand that she recognised as her last letter from an admirer.

She smiled again, hoping that he hadn't read it and took it from his gently, storing it in her bag. "Merci, monsieur." She said slowly. Realising that this was in french, she quickly translated it. "Thank you." She said again.

Flipping her hair from her chocolate brown eyes, she moved it behind her back and turned to face the boy properly. "Hello, im Amelia, but please," She paused for the effect, "Call me Amy." Smiling her best smile as she said this she opened her eyes wider, taking this boy in properly for the first time now. He was wearing a black tight t-shirt, jeans, a grey jacket and black shoes.

She shut her bag up again, and as she did, her hand moved automatically to her wand pocket, checking it was still stuck in her front pocket of her jeans. It was and she smiled again, moving her hand away.

Quickly scanning her thoughts to whom the letter was from again, she remembered that it was from a boy Tom, someone she had met in a pub. He had had to cancel dinner with her AGAIN because he had 'work to do.' Realising that she was now free for the rest of the day, she decided to give the boy some attention now.

Amois had to suppressed his smirk as the girl spoke in French, it was actually one of his native languages, he is half French after all. "I actually understood what you had said, there's no need to translate.." He said with a smile, stretching as he brushed a hand against his messy black hair, his bell chocker chiming in perfect rhythm with his movement. He really like that bell chocker, a girl gave it to him after saying that he was just like a cat, one that must be tamed so as to not harm anyone around him, the bell chocker was some sort of a signal for her to know when he is arriving. Actually, that girl was not someone that is just an acquaintance, she is actually his cousin. "Oh, and don't worry, I didn't read it or anything, I prefer not to interfere with anyone's private life.." He then added with a grin, assuring the girl that he did not, in any other way, tried to butt in to her personal life.

Alois had to admit it, the girl was indeed beautiful, not normal for someone actually, part-veela he thought to himself, smiling to himself at his discovery, it was rare to meet someone like that after all. "A pleasure meeting you Amy, my name's Alois.." He said, bowing his head a little in a courteous manner, one that is proper enough and deserved enough by the girl in front of him.

Trying to start a conversation, as he didn't want to just turn his back to the girl and go back to being bored, Alois asked that very first thing that came to his mind. "Forgive me for asking, but what must a beautiful lady been doing on this beautiful day alone on this streets?" He inquired, an eyebrow raised a little in curiosity, and smiling gently to the girl

Amy smiled at him. "No, i guessed that you would understand, most people do. Its just that i am supposed to be practising my English and well, i am trying to say as much as possible in English rather than French." She said quickly, not wanting him to take offence for her translation.

She nodded at his word that he didn't read it. She wouldn't care anyway, all the letters were the same. Nothing special at all. "Alois..." She repeated, letting the sound of it ring in the air. "Its a nice name." She stated softly. She blushed gently as he bowed is head to her. It had happened many a time before to her but she still liked it, finding it courteous.

She listened as he asked her what she was doing. "Well, i was trying to shop, but i couldn't find anything. I was meant to be finding something for tonight," At this, she got out the letter and waved it slightly. "But sadly, my dinner date cancelled, so i was just looking around. The hotel is boring and i have nothing to do any more." She said quietly. This was more to herself because she had too, been wondering what she had been doing. 'But, Fate has made it just so i met him.' She thought to herself smiling slightly.

Trying to return the conversation, she too asked him what he was doing out here. She didn't want him to get up and leave. At first this had been because she was bored and wanted somebody to flirt with, but now it was starting to be because she was enjoying his company and wanted him to stay. It was rare for her to feel about this with guys, normally it was the first idea about flirting.

Returning from her thoughts, she smiled again, listening to what he was saying.

Alois nodded to show that he understood what Amelia means, and as he did so, his bell chocker chime with his action. "Hmm.. well, it is pretty much hard to get used to speak in another language... I can help you if you want it though.." He said with a smirk, playing with his bell chocker as he did so. "You don't find this annoying do you?" He then asked out of curiosity, most of his friends had told him to not wear that chocker because the sound of it is kind of annoying, he didn't mind them though, but if the girl requested that he remove it, then he will.

Alois smiled gratefully when Amelia commented about his name. "I like it actually.. it is kind of unique, and I love being different.." He stated with a laugh. "Your name sounds nice too... it's very feminine, very much like you.." He added, smiling once again.

Alois frowned when he learned that the girl's date for the night had actually had the guts to cancel it, he just found it too annoying and very much inappropriate. "Sorry for saying this, but that guy's too stupid, too irresponsible to leave you hanging...jeez, he could have told you personally if he want to have it cancelled.. " He said with an irritated sigh, looking at the letter in the girl's hand. Alois is also a bit of a flirt, he does hang out with girls, but he always reminds himself to treat them properly and with respect. He doesn't like it when someone toys around with others' feelings.

Alois then turned and tried to relax as he heard Amelia asking what he was doing. "Me? Nothing much really, my friends are too busy with things that they want to do, and well, I've been bored in school..." He replied, putting his hands at the back of his head and leaning a bit to look at the sky. "My feet just happened to find its way here, and before I knew it, I had been going in and out of the shops and then I saw you.." He continued, remembering the reason why he was actually there talking to the girl. "Hey Amy, since you got nothing to do, want to hang out or so? Well, that is if you want to, it's alright with me if you decline.." Alois asked, looking straight at Amelia. Since he didn't want to return to being bored, he figured that the best thing that he could do was just to get to know the girl better. It's not that he was flirting, he just felt comfortable talking with someone who's not infatuated with him.

Amy smiled warmly. She looked at the bell thing and shrugged. "I don't mind either way. Its up to you." She commented. It was actually starting to get on her nerves, now that he had mentioned it but she just ignored it. She listened as he talked about how rude her previous date was. "I know, and the thing is, he asked me and before i could answer, made the date. He's not my boyfriend by the way." She added quickly, not wanting him to think that she would associate herself with people like that. "Just an old friend really." She murmured to herself, remembering how nice he used to be when they were little. They had been best friends when they were growing up but they hadn't seen each other for 10 years. It was only a few weeks ago when they met again that he realised that she was part-veela.

"I would love to 'hang out.' That is what you said? Correct?" She asked, her memories making her forget all her learnt English. "Where would you like to go?" She asked, interested at what they would do. "I have nothing to do, so i am free." After these words had left her mouth, she sat there, wondering if she was being rude. "I mean, well yes, i would love to." She repeated, trying to explain herself.

Alois laughed a little at the girl's reply. He noticed the shrug and decided to take the bell chocker off, placing it inside his pockets once again. "I guess I'll just remove it then..." He said casually, patting his pockets to make sure that the chocker was there safe from falling. He then listened as the girl talked about her supposed to be date. It's kind of annoying actually, he doesn't like the way that the boy appears to be like. "Truth to be told, I don't think he deserves you anyway.." He commented nonchalantly, brushing a hand against his hair once again. He was feeling rather irked about the person that he doesn't even know personally. He then quickly turned as he heard that the guy was actually the girl's old friend, "Old friend, pretty irresponsible at that..." He continued on, speaking his mind even though he knows that he sounded quite rude. "Sorry if I may come off as someone who's harsh... I'm just a bit annoyed.." He said apologetically, shaking his head and slapping his face a little to calm his self down.

Alois smiled when the girl accepted his invitation, at least he wasn't rejected, and another thing, he could say goodbye to his boredom. "Now it should be the other way around isn't it?" He said in a rather playful manner when Amelia asked where he would like to go. Actually, he doesn't have any place in mind, he just asked and invited her out of instinct. "Where would you like to go madame?" He then continued on, standing up and offering his hand to her in a courtly manner.

Amy smiled at him again. "Don't let it bother you. I will make him pay for it when i next see him." She said thoughtfully twisting her wand around her fingers and thinking which hex she would do to him. A amused look crossed her face as she thought about what to do. Realising that Alois had taken off the bell thing she smiled, grateful for this gesture.

He stood up and she made sure that her bag was tightened fastly, before taking his hand and standing up as well. "I really don't mind." She replied, shrugging. She had been many places before so was more that happy for him to decide where to go. She smiled again at him waiting for him to decide.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">Alois scratched his head as Amelia told him that he shouldn't be bothered by her supposed to be date. "I guess you are right... but it's kind of hard not to get annoyed you know.." He said with a sheepish smile, looking at the wand in Amelia's hands. "Eh? Thinking of a hex to do him in aren't you? Interesting.." He continued on, smirking at the thought of a faceless guy crying in pain because of a hex thrown his way. "He deserves it though..."

Alois put a finger on his chin as he tried to think of a place where they could go. He then remembered a hill not that far from where they were. It was a perfect place if he may say so, it has a beautiful view in it and one can watch the sunset there. "Hey Amy, would you want to watch the sun set?" He asked incredulously, not sure if the girl would find it interesting, it's a rather unusual thing to do if one is hanging out after all. "But if you don't like it, care to go to an arcade? there's this game that I really wanted to try.,.." He then added, remembering the game arcade where he and his friends used to go to.​
<i>
</i>

Amy smiled at the boy. It was almost as if he had read her mind. "I was thinking of the bat bogey hex. Its brilliant and a speciality of mine." She said and winked at him. She laughed at the thought of the guy when the hex hit him.

"Id love to go and see the sunset." She said airily. She thought that it was quite a romantic setting but she wasn''t sure that this was the intention. Completely unsure of where they were going, she followed him smiling.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">Alois had to suppressed his laugh as the girl talked about the hex that she'll give to the guy that they were just talking about earlier. He founds it rather amusing for her to say that. "Well, you really are something, way more interesting than what you appears to be..." He commented with a grin, being rather entertained with talking to the girl.

"Alright, let's watch the sunset then... but shouldn't we get any food to eat in case we get hungry though?" He inquired, looking at the girl in expectation as he tried to figure out what she would like. The hill top where they were going is not that far anyway, it will just take a few minutes to go there.​
<i>
</i>

Amy smiled as he laughed at her comment. "No, im serious. I could show you now if you want." She said in a joking manner and pointed her wand at his face, laughing.

"Yeh, i suppose we should get some food." She said, agreeing with his point. Her stomach seemed to agree as well, because at that time, it gave a large rumble. She put her hand to it, slightly embarrased and nodded. "Definetly. Where do you suggest?" She asked, wondering if it was going to be something like fast food or a sit down dinner.

Laughing inwardly at the thought of her having a sit down dinner with someone she hardly knew, she smiled and raised her eyebrows questioningly.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">Alois shook his head as he laughed at Amelia's threat. He figures that she was just kidding but he still thinks that he would be in big trouble if she does do what she was planning to do. "No, no thank you, I already had a fair share of hexes before... I don't want to experience it once again.." He said, still laughing. Some of the girls that he knew back at his school was not good with rejection. They were really angry when he dumped them, there was once a time when he need to put a protective charm around his self to avoid being hit with any hexes. That was one hell of a week if he may say so.

Alois showed a sheepish smile when he heard Amelia's stomach does a large rumble. He founds it rather adorable than embarrassing. "Borborymus..." He said softly, running a hand through his hair. "That is what you call the sound that your stomach was making right now... pretty much says that you are a bit hungry..." He said with a smile, putting his hands inside his pockets. "It's rather cute though..."

Alois paused for a moment as he tried to decide of the place where they would eat, a fast food would be rather informal, but well, a sit down diner is rather awkward..."Which do you prefer? A sit down diner or so?" He then inquired out of indecisiveness.​
<i>
</i>

Amy looked surprised as he asked her what she wanted for dinner. It was almost as if he read her mind again. It was spooky. "Um, i really don't mind. Whatever's closer." She answered, unsure herself what she wanted. This was a good answer to give, she found because it put no pressure on either of them. She started to walk. "So, tell me about yourself." She asked, wanting to know about his background. He seemed to be the sort of person to have a good background and she was always eager to know more things about people.

Alois nodded in understanding as Amelia told him that she would go to whichever place is the closest. "hmm.. let's go to Primola then, it's an Italian-inspired restaurant by the way.." He said nonchalantly, starting to walk towards the restaurant's direction. He always loved that place, the foods are great and even the chef is kind, he was rather close to him actually.

"About myself? Well... what can I say?..." He began, thinking about what he should tell the girl. "Well... I attend Durmstang...." He said, face palming himself for saying the most obvious thing that he could. "Forget it... anyways... my mom's a fashion designer, she basically designs the clothes that I wear, and my dad, he own this software company..." He continued on, occasionally checking whether they were going at the right direction. "And well...about me.. I can pretty say that I love sports, I'm rather athletic, I love adventures.." He remarked, he then a glance towards the girl. "How about you? Care to tell something about yourself?"

Amy nodded. "Sounds good." She agreed with the restaurant, even though she hadn't been there, she had heard about it. She listened as he told her about himself. "Your mums a clothes designer?" She asked. "That sounds so cool." She said, wishing that her mum was something like that. "Me?" She asked with a tone of surprise. She had been expecting to be asked this, but it still took her by surprise. "Well, I am from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic." This was obvious, but seeing that he stated his school, she did too. "My parents are both French and live in Paris. I am a half-veela from my mothers side. My grandmother was a full veela." She knew that she was stating the obvious, but he did ask. "I am 15 and will be 16 in October. I hardly ever go home and prefer to spend my free time travelling. I love adventures and am known to be a daredevil." She finished here, not wanting to share much more about herself till he told her more about himself. They had now reached the restaurant and Amelia hovered outside, unsure if it was the right one.

"You think so? Well, it is cool but it can get rather annoying at times.. she always insists that she choose the clothes that were in my wardrobe.." Alois replied with a light hearted laugh, looking at Amelia. "Beauxbatons huh? I wonder what's its like, my mother's from there actually.." He remarked as the girl said that she was from beauxbatons."Figures.. must everyone from there be beautiful?" He added with a playful tone, he was stating a fact actually, his mother was beautiful, Amy was beautiful, everyone from beauxbatons that he knows of is beautiful. It's like stereotyping if he should say it.

"French? Oh yeah, I'm a half-French too and half German..my mother's the French one.." He said, noting once again that even French people are beautiful. "I guess I'm pretty much older than you by a month then.. my birthday's September.." He said, noticing that they were already nearing their destination. "Oh, we're here, come on.." He said enthusiastically, instinctively grabbing Amelia's hand and entering the said restaurant. "Adolfo!" He greeted the chef who was standing at the counter, he was a close friend of his father and he always gives him the best place in the restaurant. "Can you give me the usual seat please?" He asked politely, letting him and Amelia be guided by the said chef to the 2nd floor of the restaurant, near the glass paned window. At that seat, they could pretty mush see the whole shopping district.

Amy blushed as Alois grabbed her hand. He seemed to know the chef of the restaurant and she allowed herself to be guided to a table on the second floor. She sat down elegantly and checked her wand pocket, making sure that it was still there. Smiling at the chef she turned to Alois. "This restaurant is lovely. Absolutely lovely." She said as she looked around. "Do they accept galleons?" She asked, reaching into her gold pouch. "Or do they need muggle money?" She asked again, reaching into her handbag to see if she had any of the paper things that they used to pay for items. Looking at Alois for an answer she smiled again.

Alois sat comfortably at the chair, handing the restaurant's menu to Amelia. He figures that he doesn't need to take a look at it at all, he had already memorized everything that the restaurant serves, it is the place where he constantly goes to after all. "I'll have the usual Adolfo, stracciatella, and well, probably a lasagnetta" He said with a smile to the chef, Stracciatella was the Italian version of an egg drop soup. He loves it so much actually, especially if it was Adolfo who makes it. "What do you want Amy?" He then asked the girl, leaning at his chair as he waited for her to order.

"Oh don't worry about the bill, it's on me.." He said with a wink, giving the chef a knowing smile. He had been there for a few years already that Adolfo would know what to do at the occasion, usually, if he didn't have enough money with him, Adolfo would just let him go, having him pay back once he returned. "they accept both galleons and money, believe me or not, Adolfo hear is a wizard too, he just doesn't look like it.." He said, gesturing towards the chef-owner of the restaurant. He really was a close friend of his father, and he had pretty much help in raising the little Alois when his parents were busy with work.

Amy looked down at the menu. She didn't know what many of the meals were so just turned politely to the chef. "I will have the same as him please." She said quickly, not wanting to take up his time. She smiled when Alois said her name. It was nice, the way he said it. "Oh, hes a wizard. Im rubbish at knowing who is and isn't." She said slowly, her English completely blanking her. She stared into space for a moment, trying to remember how to speak. "Sorry, language moment." She explained before she realised that she had said it in French. Knowing that he spoke french, she let him translate, making up her mind to only speak English from now.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">Alois smiled as Amelia had her moment, its pretty adorable to watch her zone out a little. She's more beautiful when she's like that if he must say so. "Well... he does not look like a wizard..." He said with a light tone, grinning as Adolfo patted him on the head and went down to prepare their orders. He really was like a second father to him.

"I understand... don't worry..." He then reassured her, speaking in English, promising himself to not speak in French when he's with her, that way, she'll get more used with the language.. "So... Amy, what are you doing for the holidays?" He asked, his voice a bit deep than it usually was, noting that he like the sound of Amy's name, it's rather sweet to utter, he was rather curious about the girl, she looks like she hides too many things in her, and it was rather amusing to talk to her.​
<i>
</i>

Amy smiled gratefully as he earthed her back to English. Remembering how to speak, "Well, um i kinda live at Beauxbatons. In the holidays i go travelling. I don't live with my parents. I um, well, um, well i ran away when i was 13." She said awkwardly and looked down at the table, studying the knives and forks arrangement.

"you ran away?" He asked, a bit shock of the new information that he learned. "Well, i'm in no position to say this, but isn't it hard? Living away from your parents? Well, yes, you are a witch, perfectly capable of protecting yourself, but, I don't know... it's rather difficult isn't it?" He remarked, looking with concern at the girl sitting in front of him. He actually admire her independence and her courage for running away, but it was just not right for him. A girl like her shouldn't run away from home, the outside world was very dangerous, especially to a young part-veela.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back