Dinner

Harriet Turner

Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Harri walked slowly down to the great hall. She had not eaten in a long time, and although she wasn't hungry she thought it was for the best that she ate something. She sat down at a table and looked around at the feast that lay in front of her, not knowing what to put on her plate she decided upon a few potatoes and a bit of chicken. She picked up her knife and fork then put them down again. She really didn't want to eat, she looked at the food set before her, the thought of eating made her feel physically sick, she just sat there staring down at the food infront of her. Harri took a deep breath and picked up her knife and fork once again, she pushed her food around the plate for a few minuts then poured a little bit of gravy onto it. She looked like a mad person sitting there trying to persuade herself to eat.

Ellie had been skipping breakfast and lunch for a week and her belly had been pushed to the limit! She really had to eat dinner.
Trudging down to the Great Hall she smiled as she saw Harri there, "Hey Harri" She said as she plopped down opposite her smiling. She had been going through a rough time lately but she was trying to be strong, starting with not crying, wich she hadnt done all day! She felt like shed practically cried herself dry and more in the last week, and that day she had been blinking constantly to stop them spilling, it was really hard but she had to try hard to get over her grief! She didnt want to foget about her mum or not think about her, but crying constantly and closing herself off from everybody wouldnt help that!

((This is dinner by the way :lol: ))

Harri quickly put down her knife and fork down as Ellie came and sat down glad of the excuse not to eat. "Hey Ellie!" she said smiling genuinly, "How are you?" she asked, she tried to make it seem like she wasn't asking how she was coping about her mum but really she was. She pushed the plate away "I'm stuffed!" she said lying, she hadn't eaten a thing and she knew it was blatantly obvious.

((Ooops :lol: Dont know how i missed that <_< :lol: Ill edit my first post a bit :lol:))

Ellie smiled at Harri as she loaded her plate with Chicken, potatoes and sweetcorn.
"Im fine, how about you" She asked before her face fell, "Harri, you have to eat! I know its a struggle, i havent been either for breakfast or lunch! But you have to, you must be starving" Ellie told Harri, she was worried, she could tell straight away when Harri said she was stuffed that she was lying, she lyed to herself all the time trying to pretend to herself that she wasnt hungry when she really was!

Harri smiled "Yep I'm fine!" she said in reply. "No I'm not hungry and I have eaten a bit look!" she said pointing at a tiny potatoe that she had simply mashed up and not eaten at all. She didn't know why she was lying when she knew perfectly well Ellie could tell as soon as she lied.

"Harri" Ellie said, her face serious, "You HAVE to eat, i can tell you havent ate anything, im not stupid, your my best friend, i can tell when youre lying" Ellie told her, Ellie had always been able to tell when people were lying, anybody could really! "Unless you want force fed" Ellie joked, cutting a small bit of chicken off with the fork and pretending it was a plane, ready to land in Harri's mouth, "Neeewww" She said, making plane noises and hovering the fork beside Harris mouth, doing loop-the-loops!

Harri looked seriously at Ellie but she couldn't hold it for long and as soon as Ellie starting pretending the fork was an airoplane Harri laughed loudly, opened her mouth and bit off the chicken. Gosh it was true she really was hungry, she had eaten so little and no she was eating she felt her tastebuds explode. She laughed a little longer then put her arms up and said "Okay Okay I'll eat!"

Ellie laughed along with Harri till her sides were sore and Harri gave in.
"Good" Ellie said grinning, returning to her seat she began to eat her own dinner, The house elves definitely did a good job in cooking!

Harri smiled "Your a pro at getting people to eat! Do you do it alot with your little brother?" Harri asked tucking into the delicious dinner before her.

Ellie laughed, "I did when he was little, you know when babys are young there terrible for eating, sometimes they do and sometimes they dont, well i was really the only one who could get Simon to eat when he was in the dont stage." Ellie said with another laugh, remembering when she used to pretend the fork was aeroplanes, cars, helicopters, big truks and the odd lawnmower!

Harri smiled, she would have loved to have a younger brother or sister it sounded fun! She laughed "Sounds like he really likes you!" she said through a mouthfull of potatoe. "This food's great!" Harri said smiling and eating, slowly but steadily, she didn't realise how much she missed food untill now!

Ellie laughed, she loved Simon and they rarely fought.
"I know isnt it" Ellie said taking moutfulls of potato and chicken at a time, must look like a pig, she thought but didnt care, she hadnt had breakfast or lunch that day, just some droobles best blowing gum!

Harri smiled, it was clear Ellie and Simon got on really well. "Someones hungry!" Harri said playfully giggling as Ellie shoveled food into her mouth.

Ellie stopped stuffing her face and blushed, "Well i skipped breakfast and lunch today" She said giggeling and pouring herself a bowl of tomato soup now that her chicken was done and feeling like a greedy guts!

Harri giggled as Ellie blushed "Same I'm starving!" she said grinning as she finished off her dinner and got herself some chicken soup.

Ellie finished her soup after a few spoonfulls and reache for some chocolate cake.
"So what are yoyr plans for tommorow" She asked Harri while scooping some cream on top of her cake and topping up her pumpkin juice.

"I'm not too sure actually you?" Harri asked, pushing aside her chicken soup and instead getting chocolate fudge cake and vanilla ice cream and eating it "Wow why have I never had this before!" Harri exclaimed, it was delicious!

Ellie smiled, "Nothing atall" She answered taking the first bite from her chocolate cake, her eyes widened, "WOW" was all she said, the chocolate was soo rich and the cream so creamy!

Harri laughed at Ellies reaction "It's yum isn't it?" she said taking another bite. "Fancy doing something together?"Harri asked.

"Its is" Ellie said taking another bite, "Sure" Ellie replied with a grin, "What do you have in mind?" She asked sipping her juice.

"I don't know!" she said "But something michivious!" Harri said, a wicked grin on her face.

"Yeh" Ellie said laughing, "How about we go draw mustaches on the ugly little men on the portrait outside Astronomy" Ellie suggested laughing, she knew it was not an option!

Harri laughed loudly "I think we'd get into a bit too much trouble!" she said giggling at the thought of it!

"Yehp" Ellie said, nodding her head and laughing.
"Were do you rekon there is for us to get into mischef in Hogwarts" She asked braking more of her chocolate cake.

"Hmmmm!" Harri said thinking "I have no idea!" she said after a long pause "Any ideas?" she asked hoping Ellie would have a good one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back